What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Rankings- QB5 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #4 dynasty QB?

• Ben Roethlisberger (3-2-1982)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Romo (4-21-1980)

• Other

• Total voters
Both have pretty big question marks, IMO.

Ben: How much of a fluke was 2007's TD totals? I know he has a great career TD%, but how many times will he throw?

Romo: How much of his success is tied to TO and how much longer will he be with the TO we're used to? How worrisome are the late-season dropoffs?

Even though he's older and doesn't have as high a ceiling, I think Hasselbeck deserves some consideration here. But, Holmgren leaving is what keeps him down in my mind.

jeter23 said:
Will Romo be 2nd again?
:ph34r: How was he 2nd in the QB3 poll? Seems some people love the guy. His short term outlook is great, but his WRs are too old for me to put him above Brees or Ben.

Ben: How much of a fluke was 2007's TD totals? I know he has a great career TD%, but how many times will he throw?

Romo: How much of his success is tied to TO and how much longer will he be with the TO we're used to? How worrisome are the late-season dropoffs?Even though he's older and doesn't have as high a ceiling, I think Hasselbeck deserves some consideration here. But, Holmgren leaving is what keeps him down in my mind.
You mean like most QB's when the weather gets nasty and the D's gel? Thought so.

Romo: How much of his success is tied to TO and how much longer will he be with the TO we're used to? How worrisome are the late-season dropoffs?Even though he's older and doesn't have as high a ceiling, I think Hasselbeck deserves some consideration here. But, Holmgren leaving is what keeps him down in my mind.
You mean like most QB's when the weather gets nasty and the D's gel? Thought so.
I'll give you the weather thing, but the D's "gelling" thing is crazy. It should not take an NFL defense 12+ weeks to "gel", plus wouldnt the O's gel at a similar pace?

If weather is that much of a factor, another popsitive for Peyton and Brees as well as other Dome and southern teams.

Ben's hugely talented, but I'm just not convinced he's going to repeat that many TDs. I think Parker and the other RBs will get in the end zone more in the coming years. Big Ben's never been a yardage machine (at least so far), so you have to rely on those TDs and I'm not sold he's a 30 TD a year guy. Romo may have an old TO, but I expect the Boys to replace him with a solid option and I think he has top 5 upside for the next few seasons.

I'd take Romo.

I have more confidence in the consistency of Ben's relatively young fellow offensive personnel than I do in Romo's. In three years, Romo will have entirely different WR's and I would suspect RB's too. Not so the Steelers. Add the fact that Ben's slightly younger and that's the difference maker for me.

I have more confidence in the consistency of Ben's relatively young fellow offensive personnel than I do in Romo's. In three years, Romo will have entirely different WR's and I would suspect RB's too. Not so the Steelers. Add the fact that Ben's slightly younger and that's the difference maker for me.
:confused: While I think it'd be unlikely for Jerry Jones to not find a replacement for TO, the fact that he might not find one as effective is enough for me to like Ben's longterm prospects more, especially with the emerging Holmes and Miller.

Burning Sensation said:
How did Beg Ben lose a 10 vote lead in 5 minutes?
How did 12 Cowboys make the Pro-Bowl?
What makes a king out of a slave? What makes the flag on the mast to wave? What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? What makes the dawn come up like thunder? What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got?Courage! Sorry. :goodposting:

The voting here has been close from the beginning. I will go ahead and end this one with Romo as 5 and Ben at 6. I think it is safe to move on to 7.

The voting here has been close from the beginning. I will go ahead and end this one with Romo as 5 and Ben at 6. I think it is safe to move on to 7.
with a margin of error of 4%, this is a statistical dead heat.

Users who are viewing this thread