What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 rookie 1.05(Pre NFL draft) for Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Who is your choice for rookie pick 1.05 in 2QB scoring?

• WR DeVante Parker

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • WR Sammie Coates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Kevin White

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • RB Jay Ajayi

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • RB Tevin Coleman

• WR Jalen Strong

• WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • WR Amari Cooper

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • RB Duke Johnson

• RB TJ Yeldon

• QB Brett Hundley

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • RB Ameer Abdullah

• QB Bryce Petty

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please post who this player is in the thread)

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This set of polls is for rookie picks prior to the NFL draft. There will also be a set of polls for after the NFL draft. As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and to suggest players who you think have been overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

The purpose for these polls is to attempt to roughly gauge the perceived values of the rookie players without knowing the context of their draft position and team that they are drafted by. The polls that take place after the NFL Draft obviously will factor in situation as well as talent, and of course the knowledge of what NFL Draft round and team each player has landed on.

Debate is very welcome as we all want to know not only which players are specifically ranked ahead of others but also why. This also bumps the thread so that more people will see the poll and hopefully participate by voting.

I will try to stay on top of these and keep the polls moving. The more votes the better. I prefer to not close any poll until there are at least 100 votes and I might leave a poll open longer if the vote is very close between prospects.

Here are the results so far:

2015 Rookie 1.01 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.02 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.03 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.04 (Pre NFL draft)

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (79.8%)

1.03 WR Amari Cooper (67%)
1.04 DeVante Parker (34.1%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (58.3%)
1.03 WR Amari Cooper (73.4%)

1.04 WR DeVante Parker (46.6%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (30%)

1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (27.4%)

1.03 QB Marcus Mariotta (31.7%)

1.05 QB Jamies Winston (37.5%)

So it looks like White is running away with the standard and PPR poll while Cooper is winning the 2QB over Parker by nearly a 2 to 1 margin.

I understand the appeal of drafting Gurley or Gordon in almost all formats with an early pick; however, the lack of QB prospects combined with the depth of RB talent this year makes it hard to pass on Winston and Mariota with the 1.01 or 1.02 pick in a Start 2 QB or Superflex league (assuming that one of the reasons why you have the 1.01 or 1.02 pick is poor QB talent / depth).

Faust said:
I understand the appeal of drafting Gurley or Gordon in almost all formats with an early pick; however, the lack of QB prospects combined with the depth of RB talent this year makes it hard to pass on Winston and Mariota with the 1.01 or 1.02 pick in a Start 2 QB or Superflex league (assuming that one of the reasons why you have the 1.01 or 1.02 pick is poor QB talent / depth).
Agreed. In my 2 QB league a QB has gone first in the rookie draft every year since 2008.

Which QBs would you guys suggest adding to the 2QB poll next?
I think you're ok with just Hundley and Petty. If Hundley goes to the Eagles in the 2nd round he'll make a huge jump but for this poll another six or so players will likely get taken before him and then another drop to Petty/Grayson.

Which QBs would you guys suggest adding to the 2QB poll next?
Jeremiah has Grayson as his #3 QB.
Grayson is likely the next QB that I will add to the 2QB poll. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think those offering the opinion that a QB will not win the poll until a handful of picks away are likely correct. But we don't really know until everyone has voted. So having the QB options there is a good thing to do. People can always vote other as well if the player they would vote for is not on the list.

Poll Closed at 97 votes

Results

Standard Scoring

1.05 WR Kevin White (48.3%)

PPR Scoring

1.05 WR Kevin White (65.5%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.05 WR Amari Cooper (26.4%)

1.06 poll is here

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread