What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UH RB Jackie Battle (1 Viewer)

He does not play to that type of timed speed or quickness. He was productive enough, but i would be surprised if he was drafted before the 5th or 6th round. He runs pretty high, with decent not great power. He should be on fantasy player radar to see if he is drafted on a team that use a big back to draft with a flyer type pick, but he is not that highly regarded despite the nice workout today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not overly impressed by what I saw of Jackie Battle at the Shrine Game practices. He made some nice runs, all inside, and wasn't afraid to initiate contact.

I don't think he gets drafted on the 1st day. Early day 2 is a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
He does not play to that type of timed speed or quickness. He was productive enough, but i would be surprised if he was drafted before the 5th or 6th round.
Would you reaaly be surprisrd if he went in round 4? What he did yesterday, along with his size,TD's, and YPC is going to get him some indivual workouts. Any team that likes him is going yo have to xonsider him in round 4, because he could/should be gone in round 5.I agree that is you watched hiim play (which I have only seen a few of games, but I am UH graduate program), you are surprised by those speed numbers. But that athleticism, combinrd with his production and "low tread on th tires" factor is going to make him appealing to some teams.

He does not play to that type of timed speed or quickness. He was productive enough, but i would be surprised if he was drafted before the 5th or 6th round.
Would you reaaly be surprisrd if he went in round 4? What he did yesterday, along with his size,TD's, and YPC is going to get him some indivual workouts. Any team that likes him is going yo have to xonsider him in round 4, because he could/should be gone in round 5.I agree that is you watched hiim play (which I have only seen a few of games, but I am UH graduate program), you are surprised by those speed numbers. But that athleticism, combinrd with his production and "low tread on th tires" factor is going to make him appealing to some teams.
I would not call any team drafting him there crazy or anything, but despite good enough numbers he was not even invited to the combine which is the top 325 or so in a 250 person draft. Not perfect but an indication of what is generally thought of him. My surprise would be mild. As a student you maybe get this comparison. The off-season workouts are more akin to quiz or homeowrk grades. They matter espeically if a player does very well or very poorly, but overall the in game on the field stuff is like exams or essays in that is the meat the evaluation. Battle did very well, so you never know. BTW, my wife's undergrad is from UH. Good luck with that.

I would not call any team drafting him there crazy or anything, but despite good enough numbers he was not even invited to the combine which is the top 325 or so in a 250 person draft. Not perfect but an indication of what is generally thought of him. My surprise would be mild. As a student you maybe get this comparison. The off-season workouts are more akin to quiz or homeowrk grades. They matter espeically if a player does very well or very poorly, but overall the in game on the field stuff is like exams or essays in that is the meat the evaluation. Battle did very well, so you never know. BTW, my wife's undergrad is from UH. Good luck with that.
Fair enough. I am pretty familiar with the game film is the resume/ pro days are the interiew or examwork to home work analogies. We will see. He just crushed this interview. I think that he did well with his opportunities, he just didn't have all that many. I see him going in rounds 3-4. However, I admit I am rooting for him.FYI, I am not a student a UH. I got my MFA from UH in 2000 and it is a pretty strong art program since it is the only place in Houston where you can get in MFA in fine art. I then taught there as an affiliate artist through 2005. It was worked out as well as one can expect one gets a master's degree in a field as useless as painting. I just don't type well.

There are some runs (not many) of his on youtube, so not much to go on from that. I never saw him play, but with his size/speed he will get drafted.Ever run into her at UH?. (Professor Lois Chiles, aka Holly Goodhead)

If Battle does well in camp I could see him possibly making the cut if Dallas plans to let Jones go after this season.

Otherwise I think some team keeps him on thier practice squad but it may not be Dallas.

I was at Barnes & Nobles the night the Espn Draft Guide came out and someone in his family was there buying a copy, too. She was telling someone in the store that the family had been told that Battle was a first day pick, maybe a second rounder. I can only imagine how disappointed the family must have been that he didn't get drafted.

There are some runs (not many) of his on youtube, so not much to go on from that. I never saw him play, but with his size/speed he will get drafted.Ever run into her at UH?. (Professor Lois Chiles, aka Holly Goodhead)
Did I read this correctly. You said your wife went to UH undergrad. Is that her?

nshelat1 said:
Did I read this correctly. You said your wife went to UH undergrad. Is that her?
Of course it is. All FBGs are married/dating models or actresses

Users who are viewing this thread