What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez (1 Viewer)

Sweetness_34

Footballguy
What happened with Hernandez today? Was he inactive? Or Brady just did not target him all game because he was in love with Gronkowski?

he was targeted twice early, one of the plays almost ended up being a backwards pass and brady looked pissed (although it was a poor throw on his part) ... after that Hern didn't sniff a ball

Ok. Luckily he will not cost me the win since the rest of my team just blew up - Big Ben; Charles; Moreno; ANdre J; BMW/Seattle etc

he was targeted twice early, one of the plays almost ended up being a backwards pass and brady looked pissed (although it was a poor throw on his part) ... after that Hern didn't sniff a ball
It wasn't a poorly thrown pass - Hernandez was out of position. Brady had to throw it in front of in because Hernandez did not get in front of the line enough to take away the chance of a fumble if it were a dropped pass. That is why Brady was pissed and that is why we didn't see much of AHern after that.

So is this a one game thing that NE just did to stop the Pittsburgh defensive rush or do we see more of this the rest of the year?
remember the patriots TE fiasco years ago with watson and graham? you'd think you had it figured out and watson was gonna emerge after a big game and he'd disappear for a month while it seemed graham was more involved? and just when people had dropped watson he'd score 2 TD and the cycle began all over again?this might be the second act of that tragedy.

This is my take on this situation-

Hernandez himself said his lack of involvement was "part of the game plan". If you think about it the passing game was somewhat centered around him. Gronk was mostly a blocker/goal line pass option for Brady. BB is at his best with misdirection. Tough road game against top defense ready to tee off on Brady- having Gronk in most of their base formations signaled "run" to the Steelers D and allowed Gronk to be open and other recievers to flourish as well. The fact that Steelers defense was shredded at home somewhat supports the concept that they were caught off guard after studying game film/formations.

That and the fact that Brady looked terrific.

Just my 2 cents.

My guess is to play Gronkowski when the Pats are playing a team with good pass rushers on the ends, otherwise play Hernandez. They will want Gronkowski's blocking ability to protect Brady against good pass rushing defenses.

It wasn't a poorly thrown pass - Hernandez was out of position. Brady had to throw it in front of in because Hernandez did not get in front of the line enough to take away the chance of a fumble if it were a dropped pass. That is why Brady was pissed and that is why we didn't see much of AHern after that.
No it isn't. Hernandez was barely in the game. It sure as hell wasn't because of one incomplete pass.... that's just silly.

I believe he was targeted on the very next play after the dropped ball. That said, he was not in on very many plays I think I'm going to look elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is to play Gronkowski when the Pats are playing a team with good pass rushers on the ends, otherwise play Hernandez. They will want Gronkowski's blocking ability to protect Brady against good pass rushing defenses.
That looks like it could be most remaining fantasy weeks, with the possible exception of 12 & 16. wk 11 Indwk 12 @Detwk 13 NYJwk 14 @ Chiwk 15 GBwk 16 @ Buf

Heard on the radio this morning that maybe Hernandez was a little too happy with his game vs. CLE despite the team losing horribly. He was also given a day off earlier in the week which some speculate may have been for personal reasons. That day off was a critical day when they went over the gameplan.

It sounds like it was a planned thing (not having him involved) last night.

Haberdasher said:
That looks like it could be most remaining fantasy weeks, with the possible exception of 12 & 16. wk 11 Indwk 12 @Detwk 13 NYJwk 14 @ Chiwk 15 GBwk 16 @ Buf
Detroit is 7th in the league in sacks. Only 3 off the lead.

Big hand to Belicheck for costing me my fantasy matchup..................................................
WOW....you guys sound like whiney little girls. Yeah guys NEVER put up zero's.....ask the MSW owners, ask the Jennings owners LY.....stuff happens.
Or Hines Ward owners.
I had Hernandez, Hines Ward and Pittsburgh D, all gave me zero. I am not in a good mood today, I let everyone back in the points race after this debacle.Hernandez wasn't even hardly in the game. I was looking for him all the time and he wasn't even in. In hte 2nd quarter he was in a little and they threw that screen that failed and then went semi deep to him and that failed.......that was it. Gronkowski was in all the time and looked good doing it. The White Rhino looked like the real deal last night.

He dropped a pass early and cant pick up blocks, so they had gronk and crumpler in most of the time, he still played but obviously wasnt the stud the gronk was last night.

This is good imo, I cant remember where but I heard they were gonna make hernandez a WR next year and gronk/crumpler were gonna be their TEs.

But Gronkowski has proven time and again that he is a great blocking TE and can run almost any route, hes big enough to be a great redzone target.

This is good imo, I cant remember where but I heard they were gonna make hernandez a WR next year and gronk/crumpler were gonna be their TEs.
I sure hope not. His value is mostly killed if he's designated a WR. Would probably put a lot of people in a tough position if they're relying on him to be their TE. I know I'd be pretty upset if they swapped him.

Ok. Luckily he will not cost me the win since the rest of my team just blew up - Big Ben; Charles; Moreno; ANdre J; BMW/Seattle etc
Keep us updated
:lmao: I am surprised it took so long for some whiney beotch to point that out .... love the shark pool and the infinite moderators who have to make themselves feel important on the internet :whistle:
If you don't like the Shark Pool, you can always come back from your cowardly hiding to face up to the most embarrassing thread in the history of fantasy football forums

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :(

Heard on the radio this morning that maybe Hernandez was a little too happy with his game vs. CLE despite the team losing horribly. He was also given a day off earlier in the week which some speculate may have been for personal reasons. That day off was a critical day when they went over the gameplan.It sounds like it was a planned thing (not having him involved) last night.
Paging Yudkin...

How can you trust him as your #1 again? I had been using him since losing Finley. I may have to hit the waiver wire this week.
Had been comfortable plugging him in weekly for a lost Finely as well but felt like I was playing a game of 'Where's Waldo' Sunday Night. Wonder what the story is here...

Good grief. He did not miss a pass early. The play was in the 2nd Q. He was targeted two plays in a row and Brady missed on both. He had no targets after that.

There is really no explanation why the receiver who has been targeted the most through the first 8 games for the Pats only had two targets ... You can say it was for blocking, but that does not explain why Gronkowski had so many targets and the 3 TD's to boot. Gronkowski was targeted much more than he has in any of the previous games; my feeling is that Belichick threw him a bone to help him get over his POOR showing from the week before.

Must have been a star alignment as all 3 brothers scored on Sunday.

This is my take on this situation-Hernandez himself said his lack of involvement was "part of the game plan". If you think about it the passing game was somewhat centered around him. Gronk was mostly a blocker/goal line pass option for Brady. BB is at his best with misdirection. Tough road game against top defense ready to tee off on Brady- having Gronk in most of their base formations signaled "run" to the Steelers D and allowed Gronk to be open and other recievers to flourish as well. The fact that Steelers defense was shredded at home somewhat supports the concept that they were caught off guard after studying game film/formations.That and the fact that Brady looked terrific.Just my 2 cents.
It was also mentioned by the talking heads during the game that Crumpler and Gronk would play more to help with the 3-4 end rushers the steelers had because they were better blocking TEs than Hernandez. Also Gronk attended Woodland Hills High School, so playing in Pittsburgh against the Steelers was an added bonus for him to want to shine. Overall classic BB. Neutralize the defenses best strength with formation and play calling. Great for winning an NFL game, albeit not so good for FF owners with Hernandez...

This is my take on this situation-

Hernandez himself said his lack of involvement was "part of the game plan". If you think about it the passing game was somewhat centered around him. Gronk was mostly a blocker/goal line pass option for Brady. BB is at his best with misdirection. Tough road game against top defense ready to tee off on Brady- having Gronk in most of their base formations signaled "run" to the Steelers D and allowed Gronk to be open and other recievers to flourish as well. The fact that Steelers defense was shredded at home somewhat supports the concept that they were caught off guard after studying game film/formations.

That and the fact that Brady looked terrific.

Just my 2 cents.
It was also mentioned by the talking heads during the game that Crumpler and Gronk would play more to help with the 3-4 end rushers the steelers had because they were better blocking TEs than Hernandez. Also Gronk attended Woodland Hills High School, so playing in Pittsburgh against the Steelers was an added bonus for him to want to shine. Overall classic BB. Neutralize the defenses best strength with formation and play calling. Great for winning an NFL game, albeit not so good for FF owners with Hernandez...
Meh, he grew up near Buffalo and moved his senior year to Woodland Hills. Then he went to Arizona. Not like he was a Steeler fan all his life.

Heard on the radio this morning that maybe Hernandez was a little too happy with his game vs. CLE despite the team losing horribly. He was also given a day off earlier in the week which some speculate may have been for personal reasons. That day off was a critical day when they went over the gameplan.It sounds like it was a planned thing (not having him involved) last night.
Paging Yudkin...
:excited:

Hernandez is listed as one of the Patriot's 'practice players of the week.' for this week.

Anyone know what that means??

JohnnyU said:
Macdaddy_2004 said:
dwashington said:
Hernandez is listed as one of the Patriot's 'practice players of the week.' for this week.Anyone know what that means??
It means Belicheck is going to have him go for 3 TD's like Gronk last week - I think BB gets off on $crewing fantasy teams.
Somehow I don't think Belechick has fantasy football in mind when he creates a game plan.
I'm pretty sure he does - have you seen how he splits the RB carries year after year? What about that whole Ben Watson and Daniel Graham fiasco?

Users who are viewing this thread