What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BIGGEST STEAL OF THE 2007 NFL DRAFT (1 Viewer)

TheGreatest

Footballguy
Ok. If we move ahead 3 years from now, who do you think will wind up being the steal of the draft based on where they were drafted.

Some possibles to get this thing rolling.....

Offense

B. Quinn

T. Smith

D. Stanton

M. Bush

K. Irons

A. Pittman

Defense

I. Alama-Francis

A. Branch

A. Waters

Q. Black

E. Wright

A. Rouse

BTW, talking NFL not Fantasy........

Michael Bush, without a doubt. 1st round talent landed in the 4th. With the way his recovery has been going thus far, no reason to think he can't regain his previous form. If he does and lives up to expectations, Oakland could end up being the biggest winners of the 2007 draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rufus Alexander @ 176Dwayne Wright @ 111
Michael Bush, without a doubt. 1st round talent landed in the 4th. With the way his recovery has been going thus far, no reason to think he can't regain his previous form. If he does and lives up to expectations, Oakland could end up being the biggest winners of the 2007 draft.
I was leaning this way as well. If Bush doesn't get injured, he is a top 10 pick. IF he regains his form, he could become a huge steal. A top 10 pick in the 4th round......Also considered B. Quinn. If he does turn out to be a good franchise QB....he has to be considered a steal for the Browns to get him at #22. Big IF though.

Round 1

Adrian Peterson @ 7

Brady Quinn @ 22

Round 2

Alan Branch @ 33

Paul Posluszny @ 34

Eric Wright @ 57

Round 3

Trent Edwards @ 92

Round 4

Michael Bush @ 100

Round 5

Troy Smith @ 174 - This is my vote. He'll take over for McNair as early as next year.

Round 6

Rufus Alexander @ 176

H.B. Blades @ 179

Round 7

Ben Patrick @ 215

Brandon Siler @ 240

Round 1

Adrian Peterson @ 7

Brady Quinn @ 22

Round 2

Alan Branch @ 33

Paul Posluszny @ 34

Eric Wright @ 57

Round 3

Trent Edwards @ 92

Round 4

Michael Bush @ 100

Round 5

Troy Smith @ 174 - This is my vote. He'll take over for McNair as early as next year.

Round 6

Rufus Alexander @ 176

H.B. Blades @ 179

Round 7

Ben Patrick @ 215

Brandon Siler @ 240
I like most of these. Not sure I agree with T. Edwards though. JP Losman showed improvements last year and I think he will continue to improve...at least enough to keep Edwards on the bench for awhile.

Round 1

Adrian Peterson @ 7

Brady Quinn @ 22

Round 2

Alan Branch @ 33

Paul Posluszny @ 34

Eric Wright @ 57

Round 3

Trent Edwards @ 92

Round 4

Michael Bush @ 100

Round 5

Round 6

Rufus Alexander @ 176

H.B. Blades @ 179

Round 7

Ben Patrick @ 215

Brandon Siler @ 240
I like most of these. Not sure I agree with T. Edwards though. JP Losman showed improvements last year and I think he will continue to improve...at least enough to keep Edwards on the bench for awhile.
I agree with that. Edwards won't prove how much of a steal he was this year, and may not even prove he was a steal while a member of the Bills. But eventually, he'll get his chance.My second place vote on my list is Paul Posluszny. I think it was ridiculous that he fell to the 2nd and was :thumbup: for the Bills for trading up to get him.

Why are you guys so high on D. Wright? Do you think he will supplant M. Lynch as the lead back in Buffalo? If not, then I don't see how he could be seen as a steal.
Wright was a stud back in 03, suffered a catastrophic knee injury, and chalked up most of 04 and 05 to it. He was most of the way back last year, and the Bills are already saying he's more elusive than they expected, another sign that he might be emulating Frank Gore - a player Wright openly identified himself with during the draft process...

Why are you guys so high on D. Wright? Do you think he will supplant M. Lynch as the lead back in Buffalo? If not, then I don't see how he could be seen as a steal.
Wright was a stud back in 03, suffered a catastrophic knee injury, and chalked up most of 04 and 05 to it. He was most of the way back last year, and the Bills are already saying he's more elusive than they expected, another sign that he might be emulating Frank Gore - a player Wright openly identified himself with during the draft process...
I agree he has talent. But unless he puts Lynch on the bench, I don't see him being a big steal 3 years from now.

Round 1:

Adrian Peterson

Charles Spencer

Round 2:

Drew Stanton

Ikaika Alama-Francis

Sabby Piscitelli

Eric Wright

Round 3:

Daymeion Hughes

Anthony Waters

Round 4:

Michael Bush

Round 5:

Aundrae Allison

Josh Gattis

Round 6:

Rufus Alexander

Round 7:

Mike Elgin

Ahmad Bradshaw

If the local buzz is even 1/10 right, WR Mike Walker at #79.
The monumental WR run of 07 is full of candidates. Laurent Robinson and Mike Walker have been wowing their teams. Jacoby Jones is a top notch physical talent and has a ton of latent upside coming from D2. Jason Hill was about as clutch as they come in 04/05 before injuries dampened his 06. James Jones is no slouch, Chaos Commish makes the best case for him, and Paul Williams... he's always had flashes of brilliance, if he can iron out the wrinkles in his commitment and focus, watch out...

If the local buzz is even 1/10 right, WR Mike Walker at #79.
I was wondering about him. Does he look so good because the others look so bad?
I'm sure that's part of it. Plus he's supposedly quicker than the huge WRs they have now. Another part is that he's a story. Draft stock plunged because of senior year injury. Supposedly ran a 4.35 for the Jags in private workout. Went to school relatively close (UCF).

For me it has two parts....The first part has to do with the fact Lynch hasn't been a guy that was a solo ball carrier in college and I suspect he will wear down into the 2007 season. The combination of Lynch and Wright has the potential (I hate that word), to be like all of the other "good" RBBC combos last year where both backs got a lot of touches:McAllister/BushAddai/RhodesDillon/MaroneyJones/BensonTo a lesser extent:Barber/JacobsJones/BarberUnfortunately I think Wright might fall more into the Michael Turner in the Turner/Tomlinson combo. Not that I put Lynch on the same level as LT, but I think it will be tough for Wright to keep Lynch on the bench based on the increased reps Lynch got with the first team in OTA's and Mini-Camp.Possibly leaving Wright as a highly sought after free agent after his first contract expires.The second part is Wright is a monster.

+1 on Bush for offense.Another 1st round talent landing in the 4th was Marcus Thomas. Time will tell on the character issues but IF it works out, he will have been a steal in the 4th.

Round 1:

Adrian Peterson

Charles Spencer

Round 2:

Drew Stanton

Ikaika Alama-Francis

Sabby Piscitelli

Eric Wright

Round 3:

Daymeion Hughes

Anthony Waters

Round 4:

Michael Bush

Round 5:

Aundrae Allison

Josh Gattis

Round 6:

Rufus Alexander

Round 7:

Mike Elgin

Ahmad Bradshaw
:shrug: That is the answer right there. He should be in the NFL a lot longer than most 7th round picks.

Round 1:

Adrian Peterson

Charles Spencer

Round 2:

Drew Stanton

Ikaika Alama-Francis

Sabby Piscitelli

Eric Wright

Round 3:

Daymeion Hughes

Anthony Waters

Round 4:

Michael Bush

Round 5:

Aundrae Allison

Josh Gattis

Round 6:

Rufus Alexander

Round 7:

Mike Elgin

Ahmad Bradshaw
:popcorn: That is the answer right there. He should be in the NFL a lot longer than most 7th round picks.
Agreed i say Bradshaw takes over the starting job late this season or next season.

:popcorn: i don't understand why Mr. Bush fell so far... anyone have any ideas? Was he injured? Did he get into trouble. i pegged him for a 2nd or (at the latest) 3rd rounder. Thoughts on this anyone?

:nerd: i don't understand why Mr. Bush fell so far... anyone have any ideas? Was he injured? Did he get into trouble. i pegged him for a 2nd or (at the latest) 3rd rounder. Thoughts on this anyone?
It's because he had to have a second surgery on his broken leg right before the draft, meaning his 2007 participation was not a given, and that his long term prognosis was a little more dicey than previously thought, although Rob Rang told us in an interview that a lot of people at the combine expected that Bush was going to need another surgery - that it was actually a plus that he went into the draft having it already done, instead of a question mark.

I think Drew Stanton in the 2nd round has a lot of potential to outshine the first round QBs - right system, great stable of young WRs, mediocrish D - because of the high profile of the QB position he may come to be regarded as the biggest steal IF he blossoms under Martz's tutelage/system.

Edit to add: yes, I drafted him to be my QB of the future in my IDP dynasty league.

I agree he has talent. But unless he puts Lynch on the bench, I don't see him being a big steal 3 years from now.
I think you are confusing value with production. Unless I am mistaken we are talking more about players that were drafted much later than you think they should have been regardless of who even took them. That's my impression, anyway.

A lot of good candidates so far.

Of course, I think the epic WR run handed the #1 steal of the draft to Carolina... Charles Johnson. I think his Bulldog teammate will look like a steal for the Raiders too... Quentin Moses.

I think the 49ers stole Ray McDonald.

I think the Steelers stole Ryan McBean.

Alan Branch is a good candidate too.

That's 5 DLs I listed!? Maybe I think too highly of them, but I think it's about the great depth at the position.

Same goes for a couple or more Receivers starting with Rice and Jarrett. Dallas may find out Isaiah Stanback was a steal. I hope so. I think the Lions stole Manny Ramirez in the late 4th round. I like the mention of Troy Smith. Watch him prove the doubters wrong and takeover that franchise long term. Andrea Allison in the 5th is a little crazy if he's half what his fans say he is. It's dicey naming 7th rounders like Bradshaw, but I'll toss Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker in there. I like his situation in Pittsburgh given his size and redzone presence.

QB- Trent Edwards @ Pick 93 (Buffalo)

RB- Ahmad Bradshaw @ Pick 250 (Giants)

WR- Mike Walker @ Pick 79 (Jacksonville)

TE- Clark Harris @ Pick 243 (Green Bay)

FB- Derek Schouman @ Pick 222--> (I don't consider him a FB but I had to get him in somehow) (Buffalo)

OT- Allen Barbre @ Pick 119 (Green Bay)

OG- Uche Nwaneri @ Pick 149 (Jacksonville)

C- Ryan Kalil @ Pick 59 (Carolina)

DT- Alan Branch @ Pick 33 (Arizona)

DE- Charles Johnson @ Pick 83 (Carolina)

OLB- Stephen Nicholas @ Pick 109 (Atlanta)

ILB- Brandon Siler @ Pick 240 (San Diego)

CB- Eric Wright @ Pick 53 (Cleveland)

FS- Josh Gattis @ Pick 150 (Jacksonville)

SS- Daren Stone @ Pick 203 (Atlanta)

:bold: indicates best steals of the bunch

QB- Trent Edwards @ Pick 93 (Buffalo)FS- Josh Gattis @ Pick 150 (Jacksonville
Good list. I particularly like these two. Watching Edwards on the same field as Leinart and Quinn... it was very hard to call the QB with the better team the better player. Gattis is every bit the player Piscatelli is (they are physically different, but very similar on the field), and he went so much later. One thing about this draft and seeking steals or sleepers, remember, in the big picture this was a mediocre crop and probably a little below average. We may be clutching at straws here.

Mr. Irrelevant #255 Ramzee Robinson

He isn't the sexiest pick on here, but he is on a Detroit team that is very thin at DB. He has a lot of experience as he was a three year starter in the SEC (Alabama). He's an underrated coverman, and a good special teamer too. He is only 5-10 190lbs and his 40-time isn't the best at 4.55. but if he becomes an average DB in the NFL at #255, that is a big steal.

Three years from now when the San Francisco 49ers win the superbowl here are the picks that'll be touted as paramount to their title.

Round 1(1.11)- LB Patrick Willis

Round 1(1.28)- OT Joe Staley

Round 3(3.12)- WR Jason Hill

Mr. Irrelevant #255 Ramzee RobinsonHe isn't the sexiest pick on here, but he is on a Detroit team that is very thin at DB. He has a lot of experience as he was a three year starter in the SEC (Alabama). He's an underrated coverman, and a good special teamer too. He is only 5-10 190lbs and his 40-time isn't the best at 4.55. but if he becomes an average DB in the NFL at #255, that is a big steal.
He also probably got some special teaming from around 6 of those girls he was with at Disneyworld.

I think you are confusing value with production. Unless I am mistaken we are talking more about players that were drafted much later than you think they should have been regardless of who even took them. That's my impression, anyway.
I am not questioning Wright's potential value as I know he has talent. But in order to be considered a steal 3 years from now, he will of had to produce....You can't consider a guy a steal if he is still sitting on the bench the majority of the game holding his "potential value" in his hands.

Michael Okwo is a good choice. He can play and he has all the measurables. Could be another Kirk Morrison or Lance Briggs. I also think Trent Edwards, Eric Wright, and Ben Patrick could surprise. And although he was a first round pick, Brandon Meriweather could still exceed expectations.

Jason Hill

I beleive he will have outperformed 10-11 of the 12 receivers drafted ahead of him.
I just don't see this at all. The very best he can do in the next few years is to be SF's 4th receving option behind: VD, DJax and Gore. No way the 4th option on the 9ers will ever be a solid fantasy talent. Although Jason Hill may be a good WR, his situation will not let his talent shine and there is no way he will have any fantasy relevance in his current situation for the next 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread