What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Promotion with Footballguys 2014 (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Footballguys FanDuel Championship – $125,000+ in Prizes!

Big news for you guys that are into Daily Fantasy Football. Footballguys has teamed up with FanDuel to offer an exclusive championship series for Footballguys readers with over $125,000 in prizes.

Weeks 1-10 will feature a $10,000 (1,000 entries / 500 cash), 50/50 contest that’s only $11 to enter. A 50/50 contest means the top half of the entrants will win, but that’s not all...

Finish above Joe Bryant, David Dodds AND Sigmund Bloom for the week to automatically qualify for the Week 11, $25,000 Championship Final with a first place prize of $10,000!

Weeks 1-10

Prizepool - $10,000

Buyin - $11

Contest Type - 50/50 (top half win)

Entry Cap - 1000

Max Entries Per User Per Week - Varies by week (but never more than 5)

Finish above David Dodds, Joe Bryant and Sigmund Bloom to qualify for the Week 11 Championship Final

Week 11 – Championship Final

Prizepool - $25,000

Type - Tournament

Max Entries Per User - 10

1st - $10,000

2nd - $5,000

3rd - $3,000

4th - $2,000

5th - $1,000

6th - $500

7th - $400

8th - 12th - Free FPC Teams ($350 Value)

13th - $300

14th - $200

15th - 25th - $100

26th - 55th - $50

56th – 65th - 3 year subscription ($64.95 value)

66th – 100th - 1 year subscription ($29.95 value)

101st – 150th - FBG Hat (priceless)

Glad to see something being put together! Sorry if I missed it or am not understanding, but what exactly do you win in weeks 1-10 for your $11 50/50 entry if you are in top 50%? $20?

Is it basically $20 return if you are in top 50% of any weekly 50/50 and entry into week 11 finals only if you beat all three?

Glad to see something being put together! Sorry if I missed it or am not understanding, but what exactly do you win in weeks 1-10 for your $11 50/50 entry if you are in top 50%? $20?

Is it basically $20 return if you are in top 50% of any weekly 50/50 and entry into week 11 finals only if you beat all three?
yes it costs $11 to enter each week and the contest is capped at 1,000 entries. If you finish 1-500, you get $20 returned. If you best all three experts (Joe, David, and Sigmund) you get $20 and a week 11 ticket. In week 11, Only people with tickets will compete for the big prizes (about $27,000 worth of prizes).

Last edited by a moderator:
David are the 3 of you having 1 entry per person and we have to beat all 3 or are you able to have 5 entries/person and we have to beat all 15 entries?

Will it be a signup like any other fanduel contest/tournament just named FBG Championship or how will it work?

Cool, definitely interested! Can you win more than one entry to the final?

ETA: Oops, never mind, was already in the OP - looks like you can win up to ten entries

Very exciting news, can't wait to rock that FBG hat. Is there any talk from Fanduel about a reload bonus?

Can you change it to only 1 max entry per person?

I can see these filling up fast and many people won't be able to participate.

Besides, entering multiple entries in a league is very lame, imo.

eoMMan said:
Can you change it to only 1 max entry per person?

I can see these filling up fast and many people won't be able to participate.

Besides, entering multiple entries in a league is very lame, imo.
We will vary it from 1-5. If it fills up, we will reduce the next week, etc. FanDuel is not looking for this to be an overlay each week since it is already +EV with the extra money added at the end.

David Dodds said:
adrenaline said:
False Start said:
Will it be a signup like any other fanduel contest/tournament just named FBG Championship or how will it work?
this
The contest will not show up in the FanDuel lobby. The link will be sent in multiple subscription emails we send out each week.
So only subscribers can take part? Should change the title so non subscribers understand if that is the case.

David Dodds said:
adrenaline said:
False Start said:
this
The contest will not show up in the FanDuel lobby. The link will be sent in multiple subscription emails we send out each week.
So only subscribers can take part? Should change the title so non subscribers understand if that is the case.
The link will likely also appear in the random shots (sent Wednesday night), but the first emails with the ad will go out to subscribers.

David Dodds said:
adrenaline said:
False Start said:
this
The link will likely also appear in the random shots (sent Wednesday night), but the first emails with the ad will go out to subscribers.
Thanks for the info. My only suggestion would be you should have a limit of entries then if a select group get first crack especially with only 1000 entries. They could buy all of them before others have a shot. While the subscribers should get perks, loading it so non subscribers may not get a shot still seems like a subscriber contest is all.

David Dodds said:
adrenaline said:
False Start said:
this
Thanks for the info. My only suggestion would be you should have a limit of entries then if a select group get first crack especially with only 1000 entries. They could buy all of them before others have a shot. While the subscribers should get perks, loading it so non subscribers may not get a shot still seems like a subscriber contest is all.
For us, It makes sense to give the perks to our subscribers first so that's how we are going to approach this. They have invested in our services and this is one perk of that (much like how we teamed with FanDuel to add money to the subscriber contest last year). If it fills up via subscribers, then we will keep reducing the maximum entries until only 1 per person is allowed in subsequent weeks. If it still sells out instantly, then we have a high class problem and need to work with FanDuel to do something even bigger with us next year.

David Dodds said:
adrenaline said:
False Start said:
this
Non subscribers already get the perk of being able to use this site and this forum for free. If you don't contribute to them, why should they contribute more than they already have to you?

So FanDuel doesn't have any reload bonuses (affiliated with FBG or not)? Just a bonus if you open a new account?

So FanDuel doesn't have any reload bonuses (affiliated with FBG or not)? Just a bonus if you open a new account?
They offered it last year to our guys, but that was a giant departure in how they operate. So to my knowledge there are no reload bonuses offered anywhere for their product. You get a great bonus when you join (100% up to $200) and they offer great games that are beatable.

Related question... will you be doing your Fanduel blog again this year?
Yes, I will be doing my blog again this year. It will likely expand to cover the whole daily space, but still have a concentration of posts regarding FanDuel's popular games
Awesome game type - also a nice price point. Curious if this will have a higher avg. winning score than the regular 50/50s.

BTW, Dodds what's going on with the e-book? Will it come out before this season starts?

Any idea how the football guys staff did this week? I feel like I might of had a chance being in the top 80 but who knows.

Any idea how the football guys staff did this week? I feel like I might of had a chance being in the top 80 but who knows.
bump - What are the usernames for Dodds, Joe, and Bloom?
I believe they are jigandreel (currently 106 points with the Lions D still playing), sigmundbloom (done at 77 points) and blackeyedjoe (62 points with the Lions D still playing). Looking like 300-400 people might beat all 3 this week barring a Lions Def TD in the 4th Q. Still trying to figure out why Joe started Sam Bradford if that is indeed him.

Is there an easy way to look up their teams? Seems like you have to scroll to find em. It would be really cool if we could get an email with links to their teams.

Thanks!

This was full by the time I got to it. Anyone know where to find a link to week 2? I never found week 1 anywhere except this thread. Is there a normal place I am missing?

This was full by the time I got to it. Anyone know where to find a link to week 2? I never found week 1 anywhere except this thread. Is there a normal place I am missing?
From Post #14 of this thread:

I entered three times and placed 33, 141, and 377 which should have gotten me three tickets. I haven't gotten them yet, is anyone else having this problem? I will most likely contact fan duel.

I entered three times and placed 33, 141, and 377 which should have gotten me three tickets. I haven't gotten them yet, is anyone else having this problem? I will most likely contact fan duel.
Finished at 34th and have yet to see anything. Not to surprised at the lack of attention to this though. Not even an email from FBGs showing where their staff finished. Would be cool if they would send an email or start a thread on who they started. Something...

Finished at 34th and have yet to see anything. Not to surprised at the lack of attention to this though. Not even an email from FBGs showing where their staff finished. Would be cool if they would send an email or start a thread on who they started. Something...
I got 3 emails from fanduel saying I have 3 tickets. Maybe check your spam folders to make sure?The emails said when the week 11 contest is created you will be automatically entered with a default lineup and they will send a link to it then

I am a subscriber. I have recieved no notifications or invitations for this contest at all. I saw the link in this thread and entered last week and won, but have no e-mail notifications that I got a ticket. My Fanduel account should be linked since I made a deposit last year thru a FBG/Fanduel promotion. No e-mail notification from Fanduel either. ????

I am a subscriber. I have recieved no notifications or invitations for this contest at all. I saw the link in this thread and entered last week and won, but have no e-mail notifications that I got a ticket. My Fanduel account should be linked since I made a deposit last year thru a FBG/Fanduel promotion. No e-mail notification from Fanduel either. ????
There has been a link in the daily e-mail content in the section at the top where they are advertising Fanduel. Easy to scroll past if you're used to scrolling through the promotional material to get to the content.

There has been a link in the daily e-mail content in the section at the top where they are advertising Fanduel. Easy to scroll past if you're used to scrolling through the promotional material to get to the content.
LOL. You must know me. I see it now, Thanks!.

I'm confused. I finished above the 3 FBguys in week 1 so I guess I qualify for week 11. Are the next 9 weeks just a regular 50/50 for those that already qualified and entry optional? Do you just need beat the 3 FBgs in any of weeks 1-10? Not cumulative or anything - right?

Users who are viewing this thread