What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Repost of a great old FBG's article on drafting w/ guppies (1 Viewer)

Dentist

***Official FBG Dentist***
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2007/07guest_mcindoe1.php

This was one of the most influential articles I read at the time when it was written.. and other than the names of football players in it that are obviously very old and out of touch (a bit nostalgic though)... it's a great article.

Both of my leagues are local and have some definite guppy tendencies... mostly with taking QB's too early. However, a slight oddity with rules with only starting 1 RB, 2 WR's and then 1 flex does make the RB run early a little less appealing strategically even.

Anyway.. I'd love to hear feedback from how many of you change an alter your strategy for local leagues where people aren't using laptop's to draft and aren't using proper cheatsheets... and may not even keep up with the NFL that well... thus making the idea of gravitating towards veterans and well marketed names a part of someone's drafting tendencies.

Users who are viewing this thread