What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] LT and trade market discussion (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Figured this could get a good conversation started about (among other things):

1) What is LT's value on the open market right now?

2) Is it time to trade him if you own him? How does the rest of your roster affect that decision? If you are a top contender, should that give you more pause?

3) What should you get if you trade an uberstud like LT right now?

4) How much will LT's value drop once the season opens? What should you expect to get for him next offseason, when he turns 30 in June?

5) Is it also the time to pull the ripcord on Westbrook and LJ? What kind of value are people getting out there for those 2 uberstud RBs?

So, I bit the bullet and traded Tomlinson yesterday. Something about seeing him on the sidelines during the AFC title game just made a little voice in my head say "It's time to deal LT".

I sent out the email, and got strong interest from a few owners, but only one had an anchor stud RB who was going to be a around for a while (barring catastrophic injury of course) - Frank Gore.

Link to League

It's a 16 team league. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/TE. Full IDP (start 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 LB/DT). TE premium in the scoring.

Here's the deal:

* Sigmund Bloom (15) gave up

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB;Wilson, Travis CLE WR;Wright, Wallace NYJ WR;Smith, Antonio ARI DE

* Sean Thompson (10) gave up

Gore, Frank SFO RB;Norwood, Jerious ATL RB;Williams, Demetrius BAL WR;Miller, Zach OAK TE; Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Anthony Borbely (2);Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Mitch Bush (12);Year 2009 Round 1 Draft Pick from Sean Thompson (10)
Sean's roster My roster

My goals in this deal were to get that cornerstone stud RB, and some future pieces to build back to studs through development/trades. I had a chance to get Portis/Driver, no other serious offers came in. Miller was the 2nd most important piece because my starting TE is Gonzo, and I also believe in Miller to emerge as a top 10 TE sooner or later. I feel confident in my ability to turn the 2.02 into a nice WR after scouting the group for the last month +, and Sean's 09 first is a nice lottery ticket, and hopefully a chance to get another RB prospect this or next year in the draft - if i need to add more to that pick to move up to take the RB I want, Ill do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN the end, you added some youth and that was important to you. YOur team is not better today and depending on league roster size, sometimes one has cut problems and thus can give away stuff. I know in a league last year I traded a bunch of stuff like this for Gates, Fitz and Lefty(was hoping he would be my backup QB) and in the end it allowed me to get Ryan Grant and Ahmad Bradshaw off of waivers. IF not than I would not have got either and see them as adds in the deal in the end.

I know I own LT in one league and while what you got was fair value, I would not have done it for a few reasons. First one being I see a big dropoff from LT to Gore and I still have title hopes and none of the rest of the guys would start for me this year or probably next. And 2nd is roster space. I would have to cut players that I like to make room for all of these things. But if your not a contender and have no roster issues, than it is a fine trade. But I find good fantasy owners are always having roster issues in leagues and want the best player in the end as they have built up good depth with there drafting abilities and waiver wire eye.

YOur team is not better today
That's a key issue. When you're trading LT, you are almost definitely taking a hit for 08. Look at it in redraft terms - LT is what? #1? #2 at worst? - Gore is a back half of the first round pick. So you are trading down from the top of the first to the 2nd half - and what are you getting? I definitely decreased my title chances for next year as of right now. If I can parlay some of these pieces into players that help this year more than for the future, it'll balance out, but there's no doubt that LT is the player to have if you want to win next year.

I never made it to this point with LT. In a 3 player keeper league, I owned LT for 5 years. I had considered the prospects of trading him as early as the start of last season. The trouble with trading LT in a keeper or dynasty is you'll rarely get equal value, especially in the following season. I was fortunate to trade him for ADP (actually, LT and Thomas Jones for ADP and S. Holmes) during ADP's bye week. I resolved to myself that unless I could get ADP or the #1 overall pick in the 08 draft (presumably McFadden), I wouldn't part with LT.

Again, I was lucky. Owners of LT may struggle to get that kind of value during this offseason. Owners of SJax, Addai, ADP will hold, as will owners of those top 2 or three picks. Gore and the cast of characters you got isn't bad....not bad at all. True, you may take a hit in '08, but I still love Gore's prospects going forward.

For other LT owners out there, I would be moving him while the perceived value is still high. It's only going down folks, get out while you can.

If you like Gore as a cornerstone, it's a good trade for the future. I personally don't like him enough to do the deal, but if no other offers are coming and you're insisting on dealing LT, it's a solid deal.

I've just never been one to convince myself to make a deal before I know what's on the table.

If your rosters are DEEP, it's a much better deal than if they aren't.

I actually just traded for LT. 10 team 2QB, 3rd, 4wr, 2te with full IDP. My team won in 2006, and was the high scorer, but lost in semis in 2007. The offensive players on the team are old, but still have top 5 at their position potential. I had to make the decison to either to continue down the short term road or sell off to get younger. My choice was the former.

San Francisco 49ers gave up Edwards, Trent BUF QB;Leonard, Brian STL RB;Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB;Boley, Michael ATL LB;Timmons, Lawrence PIT LB

New Orleans Saints gave up Smith, Alex SFO QB;Gore, Frank SFO RB;Robinson, Michael SFO RB;Winslow, Kellen CLE TE;McIntosh, Roger WAS LB

my roster.

http://football40.myfantasyleague.com/2007...F=0006&O=07

The core of the trade is LT for Gore and Winslow. EVerything else is bunch of window dressing. I have Cooley and Daniels who were top 10 at TE, so I still have an above average position.

I don't really expect to get great value for LT either during the season or before the 2009 season. My willingness to trade will be related to how well does my strategy work and of ocurse how close to value I am getting for LT or TO.

And that is the final argument, if you trade him or not.

I personally feel LT's career will be at least equal to the rest of Gores career if not better from this point out. An exceptional RB who will have a longer career than most. Enough evidence out there that an exceptional RB can go to 32. I dont see Gore as this type of guy and thus his career wont be as long and distinguished. Norwood wont be a guy that is nothing but filler as a starter for rest of his career. Williams could be interesting but also could be squat. Zach is a TE that I really like but I dont think he will ever be a Witten type of guy and although top 10 ability, it is not enough to set you that much apart from rest of the league at a position. The 1st rounder will have to be big for you to compete with the big boys again down the road. Even though you do have an eye for talent.

You got more than i think you can get in most leagues. I'd almost rather have Gore straight up in a dynasty. Not quite but a lot closer than that. Two dynasty trades i've seen involving LT were:

1. LT for Addai straight up

2. LT and the 1.05 for AD

I inquired about him in a league i'm in and he wanted the 1.01 and Maroney. I turned him down.

You mention Westbrook in the OP so I will add my story. I have a prelim offer on the table where I get Westbrook and I give Marion Barber. I also have Peterson, Jackson, Parker. I am scared a bit by Westbrook's age but others in my league do not seem to value Westbrook.

The LT owner in my league is willing to deal LT but he wants the moon for him. I think he will be sitting with LT for this year.

I personally feel LT's career will be at least equal to the rest of Gores career if not better from this point out. An exceptional RB who will have a longer career than most. Enough evidence out there that an exceptional RB can go to 32.
This is a great point. Is LT the kind of guy that we can throw out the rules for RBs over 30 or 2500 career touches/carries?He has definitely minimized the punishment he has taken. He's the kind of RB who doesn't take big hits very often. His injury history is mostly good. LT has gotten somewhat significantly hurt 3 of the last 4 years, but he has missed little time. In 04 and 05, he played through the injury (groin, then ribs), but his production did suffer, rendering him a mere stud instead of uberstud. In '06 we saw what happens when a completely healthy LT keeps it up an entire year. In '07, he had only minor hamstring twinges until the playoffs, when he suffered a knee injury vs Indy that basically sidelined him for the rest of the playoffs.

2) Is it time to trade him if you own him? How does the rest of your roster affect that decision? If you are a top contender, should that give you more pause?

4) How much will LT's value drop once the season opens? What should you expect to get for him next offseason, when he turns 30 in June?

5) Is it also the time to pull the ripcord on Westbrook and LJ? What kind of value are people getting out there for those 2 uberstud RBs?

So, I bit the bullet and traded Tomlinson yesterday. Something about seeing him on the sidelines during the AFC title game just made a little voice in my head say "It's time to deal LT".

I sent out the email, and got strong interest from a few owners, but only one had an anchor stud RB who was going to be a around for a while (barring catastrophic injury of course) - Frank Gore.

Link to League

It's a 16 team league. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/TE. Full IDP (start 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 LB/DT). TE premium in the scoring.

Here's the deal:

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB;Wilson, Travis CLE WR;Wright, Wallace NYJ WR;Smith, Antonio ARI DE

Gore, Frank SFO RB;Norwood, Jerious ATL RB;Williams, Demetrius BAL WR;Miller, Zach OAK TE; Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Anthony Borbely (2);Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Mitch Bush (12);Year 2009 Round 1 Draft Pick from Sean Thompson (10)
Sean's roster My roster

My goals in this deal were to get that cornerstone stud RB, and some future pieces to build back to studs through development/trades. I had a chance to get Portis/Driver, no other serious offers came in. Miller was the 2nd most important piece because my starting TE is Gonzo, and I also believe in Miller to emerge as a top 10 TE sooner or later. I feel confident in my ability to turn the 2.02 into a nice WR after scouting the group for the last month +, and Sean's 09 first is a nice lottery ticket, and hopefully a chance to get another RB prospect this or next year in the draft - if i need to add more to that pick to move up to take the RB I want, Ill do it.
Bad trade by you.2009 1st rounder not worth much either, it should be low.

I would have at least ask for 2010 1st rounder as well, not sure in your league that you can do this.

But I don't like the trade.

Some times the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Thanks for posting.

Bad trade by you.2009 1st rounder not worth much either, it should be low.I would have at least ask for 2010 1st rounder as well, not sure in your league that you can do this.But I don't like the trade.Some times the best trades are the ones you don't make.Thanks for posting.
I'm the owner Bloom made the deal with. It took me about 2 minutes to click the trade button once he sent it to me. That's not because I thought it was a great deal for me, but more because you rarely see deals like this come along in our league. Gore and Miller were the only two players who were going to start for me in 08. So it comes down to the picks. As I told Bloom after we made the deal -- I'd rather lose with LT than lose without him. My team isn't the strongest but having LT/Henry-Young (after today's news) makes me feel like I have a chance in almost any game. That's all you can ask for.

Bad trade by you.2009 1st rounder not worth much either, it should be low.I would have at least ask for 2010 1st rounder as well, not sure in your league that you can do this.But I don't like the trade.Some times the best trades are the ones you don't make.Thanks for posting.
I'm the owner Bloom made the deal with. It took me about 2 minutes to click the trade button once he sent it to me. That's not because I thought it was a great deal for me, but more because you rarely see deals like this come along in our league. Gore and Miller were the only two players who were going to start for me in 08. So it comes down to the picks. As I told Bloom after we made the deal -- I'd rather lose with LT than lose without him. My team isn't the strongest but having LT/Henry-Young (after today's news) makes me feel like I have a chance in almost any game. That's all you can ask for.
I went like this too Bloom taking this deal. :goodposting: :wall: This is why Pro Teams have, guys who scout(this would be Bloom) andGuys who make trades(This would be Sean Thompson).Bloom get out of the trading business and back to breaking down college players.Next time you do this Your Fired. :lmao:

I've been thinking about trading LT in one of my zealots leagues. I also have SJax, Gore, Grant, and Turner, but I'm weak at WR and TE. Bowe and Evans... then the next guy is probably Toomer... and Randy McMichael at TE. QB's look like McNabb and Anderson/Quinn.

I'm wondering how much I can get for LT if I'm not asking for a RB in return... I'm hoping I can throw something together like LT and McMichael for a Top WR/Top TE and maybe a pretty good QB.

We're having a replacent owner draft for two new owners.. and it's stacked with WRs, only 3 starting RB's if you count Benson and Witten/Gonzo are in it. So i'll hit them one of them up for a trade after its over and give you an update.

I went like this too Bloom taking this deal. :jawdrop: :wall: This is why Pro Teams have, guys who scout(this would be Bloom) andGuys who make trades(This would be Sean Thompson).Bloom get out of the trading business and back to breaking down college players.Next time you do this Your Fired. :lmao:
I like the deal. Kind of trade you make to stay on top in a dynasty long term. LT's value falls threw the floor next year. All you'll hear when trying to trade him is that he's 30 years old and almost done.

I think LT is experiencing a "perception of value" hit not dissimilar from what a lot of rookie prospects (eg., Andre Woodson) seem to go through around this time of year.

The problem though is that everyone starts thinking the same way and you end up getting worse value for him on the free agent market...

frankly, I think the right time to trade him was probably LAST year...at this point, it appears that the avalanche of apprehension towards LT may be gaining enough momentum such that his trade value this offseason will be pretty low relative to his actual value...

Link to League

Here's the deal:

Sean's roster My roster

Demetrius Williams>hi :jawdrop: LT is a very tough case to read because he's done an excellent job staying healthy and his well-rounded game lends itself to longevity, in a PPR league even more so. I've been on record a number of times saying that I think the rough model for his career is Walter Payton, and if you're literally lining up the two it's 1982 in Payton's career, and you've got a solid 3-4 more elite years left with LT (those of you looking up Payton's career, remember that '82 was a strike year).

Then again, 30 years old is definitely a big psychological barrier for trade value, so I agree with Sig that this is the time to sell if you're worried about that effect. You definitely don't get equal value in the short term for guys like him, so it's a tough decision to make. IMHO, a fair trade of LT should get you young, unproven talent that has the theoretical potential to exceed LT's present value in two to three years; otherwise you're getting short-changed. I think Sig's trade accomplished that, landing him what would appear to be good RB1, WR1 and TE1 prospects, with Norwood as a good RB2 prospect. And all are younger than LT by a lot. Good trade.

Figured this could get a good conversation started about (among other things):1) What is LT's value on the open market right now?2) Is it time to trade him if you own him? How does the rest of your roster affect that decision? If you are a top contender, should that give you more pause?3) What should you get if you trade an uberstud like LT right now?4) How much will LT's value drop once the season opens? What should you expect to get for him next offseason, when he turns 30 in June?5) Is it also the time to pull the ripcord on Westbrook and LJ? What kind of value are people getting out there for those 2 uberstud RBs?
My league is a 12 team dynasty PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEFTo answer your questions:1) I traded him the morning before the wildcard game where he injured his knee, and got Colston & MJD for LT and Caddy. I don't think there is any way I'd get that for him now.2) My team won the league last year, so I view it as a top contender. My other RBs are Portis, M.Turner, and a bunch of junk so I wouldn't say I was super strong at that position. My main concern was to not be caught holding the bag on LT, and to get good value out of him before he turned into Shaun Alexander. Not that I necessarily think he's going to hit the wall next season (although I admit I think it's coming soon), but the point is if I can get good value in a deal, then it doesn't matter if he does or not. My thought was that by the time training camp rolls around, people are going to start worrying about LT's age/milage, and be reluctant to give up young, high-end players for him. That was why I thought it was beneficial to move him while the 07 playoffs were still effect. His subsequent knee injury solidified in my mind that I made the right choice.3) Like I said, I don't think I could get MJD/Colston for LT/Caddy in my league right now, before the draft with everyone thinking in "upside" mode. I think if he's still on your roster and you want to move him, it's probably best to wait until the season starts and he has a few studly games. People will be willing to pay more for an older guy like LT during the season when then know he is going to help them win the next week. Another factor in play in the offseason is that everyone overestimates the strength of their roster. All those second tier rookies and developmental "upside" guys look great up until the season starts and they are all riding the pine. Then it comes down to who can score for your team on a consistent basis, and there is still no one better than LT in that department.4) His value will be even worse next offseason, even if he makes it through another year uninjured. No one is going to give up young studs for a 30 year-old RB. Even if his name is LT.5) I would say yes, but there is less emotional attachment to those players because they have both had ups and downs in their career. The thing with LT is that he has been so consistently great for 7 seasons straight now, and has won a lot of championships for people. Westbrook and LJ, while both great players, have both burned a lot of people over the course of their careers. They are just viewed as very solid veterans...still very valuable, but easier to set a price on. LT still has some of that mythic quality about him, and that's what you are trying to cash in on.

just to add what offers i've received for him so far...

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2

I think LT is experiencing a "perception of value" hit not dissimilar from what a lot of rookie prospects (eg., Andre Woodson) seem to go through around this time of year.The problem though is that everyone starts thinking the same way and you end up getting worse value for him on the free agent market...frankly, I think the right time to trade him was probably LAST year...at this point, it appears that the avalanche of apprehension towards LT may be gaining enough momentum such that his trade value this offseason will be pretty low relative to his actual value...
So who would you gotten for him last year? Sjax, Parker, Gore, LJ? How did they do this year? LT outproduced them all this year, most by a fair margin and I think that there's good chance that LT outscores all of them for the next two years. So is it better to give up 2-3 years of top production (that wins you leagues) for guys that are younger but won't outproduce? Not in my book. You win FF with studs.

I think LT is experiencing a "perception of value" hit not dissimilar from what a lot of rookie prospects (eg., Andre Woodson) seem to go through around this time of year.The problem though is that everyone starts thinking the same way and you end up getting worse value for him on the free agent market...frankly, I think the right time to trade him was probably LAST year...at this point, it appears that the avalanche of apprehension towards LT may be gaining enough momentum such that his trade value this offseason will be pretty low relative to his actual value...
So who would you gotten for him last year? Sjax, Parker, Gore, LJ? How did they do this year? LT outproduced them all this year, most by a fair margin and I think that there's good chance that LT outscores all of them for the next two years. So is it better to give up 2-3 years of top production (that wins you leagues) for guys that are younger but won't outproduce? Not in my book. You win FF with studs.
all I'm saying is that his perceived value has taken a big hit in the last 2 or 3 months. If you trade him now, you're basically betting that his value will continue to go down... what I'm suggesting is that his perceived value is probably dropping faster than his actual value. ultimately, at this point, you're probably not getting nearly as a good a deal out of LT in the trade market as you would have just a couple of months ago (as a couple of other posters here have illustrated). And I agree with you...this means that it's probably a good idea to hold on to him for now.

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2
. . . which is bordering on insulting (of your intelligence).
it beats not getting anything at all... :pickle:
Are you that desperate to dump LT? :mellow: The only 1.01 in the last five years I'd trade LT for straight up is Peterson. I might consider trading LT for this year's 1.01, a 2009 1st and a good WR prospect or something like that.

I'm not a big Gore fan so I think Bloom came up a little short but obviously that's just my opinion.

I will, however, throw Branch Rickey's opinion out there. He said, "I'd rather trade a player a year too early than a year too late."

And using this criteria, I'd say Bloom made out all right. :lmao:

A few things

1. I dont think now is the time to trade LT unless an offer blows you away like it did for Bloom. The time is during the season when the thought of your opponent who you are battling for a championship makes a push for LT and you get a few owners bidding for his services. And after he shows that he is still a top notch guy. The guy who did the MJD/Colston deal might get better than that once the season starts and MJD is average again.

2. I disagree with the guy who said they did not like this trade for Bloom. I like the trade if you are rebuilding and not thinking championship. The value achieved was more than fair

3. The guy who did not trade Maroney and the 1.1 for LT obviously is not thinking about winning championships. 2 average players for a great one is a no brainer if you want to go out swinging. I dont take that offer for LT in my league and I could use a 2nd RB.

4. I like the Walter Payton comparisons in the end. I see 3 to 4 more great years out of LT. I compare him to a 32 year old TO or Harrison and think what they did for the next 3 years after they hit that age. I am sure have been very helpful to owners who acquired them at such an age. Even Peterson who no one would be able to trade LT straight for might not last 3 or 4 seasons with his style. I for one would rather have LT for this year or until Adrian can prove he can play an entire year without and injury and I dont like his chances after 4 years in a row. To me LT is still the difference between a championship and being a playoff contender for most. I know it was in my league. If the guy had traded his Peterson for my LT last year, he would have a championship instead of me. And depending on league size, a goal is 1 per number of teams in league. So 16 team league, and I have one(well really 6 out of 12. 5 of 7 with LT) and I dont have to win another for 15 years. Because in an equal world that is all you should win. Of course those owning LT are not in an equal world.

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2
it beats not getting anything at all... :mellow:
Are you that desperate to dump LT? :o The only 1.01 in the last five years I'd trade LT for straight up is Peterson. I might consider trading LT for this year's 1.01, a 2009 1st and a good WR prospect or something like that.
desperate for action :goodposting:

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2
it beats not getting anything at all... :mellow:
Are you that desperate to dump LT? :o The only 1.01 in the last five years I'd trade LT for straight up is Peterson. I might consider trading LT for this year's 1.01, a 2009 1st and a good WR prospect or something like that.
desperate for action :goodposting:
Exercise is healthy, but I wouldn't want to have epilepsy. :o

redman said:

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2
it beats not getting anything at all... :shrug:
Are you that desperate to dump LT? :yes: The only 1.01 in the last five years I'd trade LT for straight up is Peterson. I might consider trading LT for this year's 1.01, a 2009 1st and a good WR prospect or something like that.
At what point would you have traded Marshall Faulk for the 1.01?

redman said:

only 1

1.01 straight up for lt2
it beats not getting anything at all... :lmao:
Are you that desperate to dump LT? :P The only 1.01 in the last five years I'd trade LT for straight up is Peterson. I might consider trading LT for this year's 1.01, a 2009 1st and a good WR prospect or something like that.
Tuesday. :shrug:

So you view Gore (who I love) as a better corrnerstone Stud RB than LT? Why is this? It wouldn't surprise me to see LT still playing when Gore is retired, or too injured to play.LT has had one semi-major injury, Gore has had numerous. LT is on a great team, Gore's is struggling. LT is in an offense that loves to run, Gore is in a pass happy O that often ignores the RB.

:excited:

Overall I don't think the trade was extremely lopsided, but still slightly out of your favor.

I traded 4 1st rounders for Faulk back in 2000. Those picks ended up being Peter Warrick(5), Deuce McAllister(2), Quincy Morgan(16) and Anthony Becht(14). It was a great trade for my team in the end.

I traded 4 1st rounders for Faulk back in 2000. Those picks ended up being Peter Warrick(5), Deuce McAllister(2), Quincy Morgan(16) and Anthony Becht(14). It was a great trade for my team in the end.
Isn't the test who you would have chosen?

In addition to what was originally traded away to get those 3 extra 1st rounders.

So you view Gore (who I love) as a better corrnerstone Stud RB than LT? Why is this? It wouldn't surprise me to see LT still playing when Gore is retired, or too injured to play.LT has had one semi-major injury, Gore has had numerous. LT is on a great team, Gore's is struggling. LT is in an offense that loves to run, Gore is in a pass happy O that often ignores the RB.

:lmao:

Overall I don't think the trade was extremely lopsided, but still slightly out of your favor.
I liken this to trading Shaun Alexander after the '05 record setter. In a 14 team IDP dynasty, I was the SA owner. Age, pending loss of Hutch and simple regression to the mean (if there is such a thing in the small window of a RB career) were all compelling reasons to deal.Found an owner who was more RB keen than I: SA, 2.04, 2.05 rookie picks and David Pollack went away for Jamal Lewis, 1.03 and 1.04 rookie picks along with Will Smith....perfect time to sell. Even if this doesn't look good on paper for Bloom right now, he has bought his future sustained competitiveness by sealing this deal...his revolving door of talent is moving faster than the person who took LT....IMO

In addition to what was originally traded away to get those 3 extra 1st rounders.
Does not really matter in the end but I think it was Tony G for both picks and Freddie Jones. The other 2 late picks where mine as I gave 2 picks in 2000 and 2 in 2001. I could have given almost any player and the years from 2000 to 2002 for Faulk were incredible especially at playoff time

late® first vs. 1.01 - big difference IMO. Considering 1.01 that year would have been LT, I'd think you'd agree.

LT2 buyer here.

Gave 1.03, Palmer and S Rice

for

LT2, Alex Smith (meh... I have D Anderson and Rivers) and 2.02. Traded 2.02 for R White.

Owning LT2 was too tempting :shrug:

Am i in the ACF? :yes:
Who's asking for advice?
I dont have a big problem with guys mentioning trades when discussing players values. However, when you start giving links to the league, yours and trade partners rosters, etc. thats just a "not so clever" ACF question. Anyway, its not my board, and he is staff, so whatever.Oh yeah, this is a perfect time to trade LT, especially if your team is not a real contender. LJ, Westbrook, Mcnabb, Brady, Owens, Housh, amongst some other players are prime for trading right now as well.

Am i in the ACF? :shrug:
Who's asking for advice?
I dont have a big problem with guys mentioning trades when discussing players values. However, when you start giving links to the league, yours and trade partners rosters, etc. thats just a "not so clever" ACF question. Anyway, its not my board, and he is staff, so whatever.

Oh yeah, this is a perfect time to trade LT, especially if your team is not a real contender. LJ, Westbrook, Mcnabb, Brady, Owens, Housh, amongst some other players are prime for trading right now as well.
Bloom wasn't asking if he should make a trade. Actually, nobody in this thread has asked whether they should trade LT. This is, in no way, for the ACF.

Am i in the ACF? :confused:
Who's asking for advice?
:lmao: all about context.have we addressed what the shelf life is on LT2 and how that affects value?
Great topic idea, just not sure how linking to the league, rosters, etc. has anything to do with it?I dont have huge problem with trades being disscussed in the Shark pool. I actually think there should be one thread where people do so, but i have seen threads more cleverly disguised than this get booted the the ACF before. Wishing now i hadnt even mentioned it, and i will just go away now. ;)

Am i in the ACF? :(
Who's asking for advice?
:lmao: all about context.have we addressed what the shelf life is on LT2 and how that affects value?
Great topic idea, just not sure how linking to the league, rosters, etc. has anything to do with it?I dont have huge problem with trades being disscussed in the Shark pool. I actually think there should be one thread where people do so, but i have seen threads more cleverly disguised than this get booted the the ACF before. Wishing now i hadnt even mentioned it, and i will just go away now. :no:
I just find it odd, yet reassuirng, that you're attacking someone with a lower #

Am i in the ACF? :confused:
Who's asking for advice?
:goodposting: all about context.have we addressed what the shelf life is on LT2 and how that affects value?
Great topic idea, just not sure how linking to the league, rosters, etc. has anything to do with it?I dont have huge problem with trades being disscussed in the Shark pool. I actually think there should be one thread where people do so, but i have seen threads more cleverly disguised than this get booted the the ACF before. Wishing now i hadnt even mentioned it, and i will just go away now. :kicksrock:
I just find it odd, yet reassuirng, that you're attacking someone with a lower #
Darn right, i didnt sit there all afternoon hitting refresh to watch some 4 digiter get handed a lower member number. ;) Now stop talking to me, i have already hijacked this thread enough. :)

I own LT and Sproles, M Turner, Foster, D Williams and D Wright. I also own the 1.1 and am weak at WR with Housh, S Moss, Hackett, Burleson and A Davis.

Someone offered the 1.2, Jacobs, Calvin Johnson for the 2.1 and LT2. Im about to pull the trigger since my dynasty only survives bc of LT2. Its time to rebuild.

Edit to mention those are the 1.1, and 1.2 rookie draft picks.

You got more than i think you can get in most leagues. I'd almost rather have Gore straight up in a dynasty. Not quite but a lot closer than that. Two dynasty trades i've seen involving LT were:1. LT for Addai straight up2. LT and the 1.05 for ADI inquired about him in a league i'm in and he wanted the 1.01 and Maroney. I turned him down.
I received W. Parker and the 1.1 pick this year for him.

Users who are viewing this thread