What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 BOLD Predictions (1 Viewer)

New England misses the playoffs
This is bold. Who wins the AFC East? Jets with no secondary? Bills with no QB? Fish with no o-line?
Yeah I know, it is a crazy longshot but we were asked for bold predictions. I guess the Dolphins.

Brady & Belichick are truly a great & historic QB/HC combo but the division they have played in has been ridiculously weak for a very long time.
That weak division giving the Pats the best record vs non-divisional opponents and best post season record for the past 13 years, oh wait that was spygate. :coffee:
It doesn't hurt. The only way you can have a postseason record is to get into the playoffs and playing at home dramatically increases the odds of winning in the postseason.

I am not blaming the Pats here -- they have been a great team over the past 15 years and they didn't draw up the divisions but you have to admit they usually have a pretty easy road to the division championship.

No shame in that but it would be nice to see the division become more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bold. Who wins the AFC East? Jets with no secondary? Bills with no QB? Fish with no o-line?
Yeah I know, it is a crazy longshot but we were asked for bold predictions. I guess the Dolphins.

Brady & Belichick are truly a great & historic QB/HC combo but the division they have played in has been ridiculously weak for a very long time.
That weak division giving the Pats the best record vs non-divisional opponents and best post season record for the past 13 years, oh wait that was spygate. :coffee:
It doesn't hurt. The only way you can have a postseason record is to get into the playoffs and playing at home dramatically increases the odds of winning in the postseason.

I am not blaming the Pats here -- they have been a great team over the past 15 years and they didn't draw up the divisions but you have to admit they usually have a pretty easy road to the division championship.

No shame in that but it would be nice to see the division become more competitive.
I would say the Bills are the team that can beat them. Solid defense and they run the hell out of the ball, if Manuel can simply not make killer mistakes they could surprise enough teams to crawl into the playoffs. Beating the Patriots seems highly unlikely though.

I would say the Bills are the team that can beat them. Solid defense and they run the hell out of the ball, if Manuel can simply not make killer mistakes they could surprise enough teams to crawl into the playoffs. Beating the Patriots seems highly unlikely though.
Vegas has the Bills pegged for the 4th worst record in the league this year.

It's all about QB, and the Bills are devoid of one.

Vegas has the Bills pegged for the 4th worst record in the league this year.

It's all about QB, and the Bills are devoid of one.
Link

LittlePhatty said:
Andre Ellington finishes with more FF points than Jamaal Charles.

Jordan Cameron finishes with more FF points than Jimmy Graham.

Keenan Allen finishes with more FF points than Dez Bryant.

Ben Roethlisberger finishes with more FF points than Andrew Luck.
These are definitely bold. Short of an injury to all the later guys I can't even fathom how these could be possible. Way to be. All though I've drafted Ellington in every league I could, so I hope that ones true at least :)
There's a decent chance 1 of them happens just due to injury. As for the rest, bold but i can see a narrative where it's possible. No. Way they zeal happen though.

Yeah, see I guess I just don't play in the bold

business , I like to live in Realville.
The thing is every year, bold things happen. Trent Richardson will be traded and be unstartable. Fred Jackson will outscore CJ Spiller. Neither Roddy or Julio will finish as a top 40 WR. Josh Gordon is the #1 WR despite the suspension.

business , I like to live in Realville.
The thing is every year, bold things happen. Trent Richardson will be traded and be unstartable. Fred Jackson will outscore CJ Spiller. Neither Roddy or Julio will finish as a top 40 WR. Josh Gordon is the #1 WR despite the suspension.
Yet no one would have called any of those things.
Someone could have just as easily as any of the random things posted here.

Colts win 12 and beat the Broncos to advance to the Superbowl.

Jeremy Macklin finishes as a top 5 WR.

49ers miss the playoffs.

Bradshaw outproduces Richardson this year.

Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR this year by a lot.

Arizona's John Brown has a better fantasy season than Michael Floyd (and not due to injury)

Josh Gordon eclipses 1800 receiving yards, but finishes no2 behind Calvin Johnson in fantasy points.

Alshon Jeffery finishes outside the top 15 this season

Alfred Morris finishes top 5.
Coming from a Bengals fan, Gruden's offense will not allow this to happen.

Many rookies will be fantasy relevant.

Cooks

Hyde

West

Benjamin

Bortles

Evans

Hill

Manziel

Matthews

They should all outperform their ADP.

I'll play

QB Palmer finishes top 5 QB

RB McCoy finishes outside the top 8 RB slots because of Sproles

WR Gordon is suspended 8 games - those drafting him will have a fun run weeks 9- Superbowl

Rookie leaders Andre Williams and Jordan Mathews - as good/situational as Sankey/Cooks is in

49'ers Defense falls into Tier II category

RB Turbin has more points than Christine Michael

TE Kelce finishes top 10

best rookie QB - Bridgewater

Ray Rice blow/tears something - he won't play more than 8 games

RGIII gets boo'd by his hometown crowd tonight and Johnny 8Ball out performs him while my children and wife accompany me to tonight's preseason game.

Johnny Hot Dog leads the league in QB rushing attempts, times being sacked, and interceptions thrown, but the media still can't get off his jock.

Patriots leading fantasy DEF this year. Half because Brady plays defense with the offense and half because they are an underrated unit that will outperform current ADP.

Bortles leads Jags to 8+ wins. He's good folks. And the rest of that team is talented. Any above average QB could lead that team to the playoffs, and I think Bortles will be above average.

Cobb out performs Nelson, Jackson outperforms Garcon, Boldin outperforms Crabtree and Roddy out performs Julio.

Peyton Manning disappoints everyone who drafts him. He sputters through most games with sub-par numbers, has a few minor injuries that people use as excuses, and finally shuts it down later in the year.

Again, this isn't "Manning won't live up to last year's numbers." This is "people will start threads saying they're getting nervous after week 2."

Peyton Manning disappoints everyone who drafts him. He sputters through most games with sub-par numbers, has a few minor injuries that people use as excuses, and finally shuts it down later in the year.

Again, this isn't "Manning won't live up to last year's numbers." This is "people will start threads saying they're getting nervous after week 2."
Sub par for him or for a starting qb?

Lamar Miller - 1300 combined total yards 4 TD's 35 receptions.

Drew Brees breaks Manning's TD record this year.

Andre Williams scores 12 TD's as a rookie

Allen Hurns is the Jags number one WR and breaks over 1000 yards receiving on 70 plus receptions

1. The torch gets passed as young QBs Wilson, Luck, Kaepernick, and Foles (and Rodgers) bump Manning and Brees out of the top 5.

2. Everyone clamors for Maclin, Ertz, and Matthews while Cooper & Sproles lead the Iggles in yards and receptions respectively.

3. The vaunted NFC West defenses prove to be way overrated.

4. Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne and Roddy White remind us that wide receivers age differently as they finish with more receptions than their younger counterparts Patterson, Hilton, and Julio.

5. Spiller & Bush stay healthy and finish top 8 in ppr.

Manning, Peyton isn't very good this year;

Cleveland wins the division behind Johnny Football;

Ladarius Green TE SD becomes a top 3 TE;

ADP and Lynch start to break down and Hyde supplants Gore in a big way;

Richardson is terrible and INDY turns Luck loose the 2nd half of the season and Luck throws for 25 td's in the last 8 games;

Sub par for him or for a starting qb?
For a starting QB. Owners will be wondering about trading him while he's still a "name."

The following players will lead their respective teams in Fantasy points for their position:

Denver RB: Ronnie Hillman

Dallas WR: Terrance Williams

Seattle RB: Robert Turbin

Denver WR: Emmanuel Sanders

NY GIants W: Reuben Randell

KC TE Kelce will finish in the top 5 at his position

Ryan Tannehill will finish in the top 8 QBs

No rookie WR or RB will reach 1,000 yards rushing or receiving (K Benjamin will get closest)

The Denver Broncos will go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

The following players will lead their respective teams in Fantasy points for their position:

Denver RB: Ronnie Hillman

Dallas WR: Terrance Williams

Seattle RB: Robert Turbin

Denver WR: Emmanuel Sanders

NY GIants W: Reuben Randell

KC TE Kelce will finish in the top 5 at his position

Ryan Tannehill will finish in the top 8 QBs

No rookie WR or RB will reach 1,000 yards rushing or receiving (K Benjamin will get closest)

The Denver Broncos will go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
Denver RB: Ronnie Hillman has more fumbles than carries for the year

Dallas WR: Terrance Williams only has 20 receptions because Dallas is forced to move him to CB after week 4

Seattle RB: Robert Turbin gets lost and misses 3-5 weeks before he finds his way back to his Seattle home

Denver WR: Emmanuel Sanders gets traded for Michael Floyd and Bishop Sankey in your fantasy league.

NY GIants W: Reuben Randell walks on the team and supplants Rueben Randle as a starting WR

The Denver Broncos will go 7-9 and make the playoffs.

Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are both top 10 defenses.

Ryan Tannehill leads the Dolphins to the playoffs while posting top-5 numbers.

Tom Brady finishes top-3 and Patriots beat Eagles in the SB.

Mike Tomlin stands behind the bench on every kick-off and punt.

Vince Wilfork wins the national hot dog eating championship.

Andy Reid fires staffer for hiding the donuts.

D.C. legislators vote to change the name of the Washington Redskins in order to eliminate offensive, racist and violent overtones. From now on, the team will be known simply as the Redskins.

Just wanted to get it documented.

By week 4 the media will start comparing the injury to Sam Bradford and the success of journeyman backup Shawn Hill to the Rams 1999 season where Kurt Warner took over for the injured Trent Green. The comparisons will get out of hand with Faulk, Bruce and Holt mentioned frequently. The Rams will make the playoffs and lose in the championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread