What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over _______ in week 2. (1 Viewer)

Gore over Westy

Gore over Deshaun

wayne and holt over TO ( only start 2 wr and no flex)

watson over toomer,Kennison,and @ flex wr/te spot

Vick over Eli

KJ over addai, maroney or lundy

This is clearly Who Do I Start? material but keep it all to this one thread and it can stay in the Shark Pool here.

J
Joe, I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory. (Sorry, any excuse to quote :homer: )I think this was not intended to be a true advice seeking thread. This being more of a generic verson of the "Bench Lamont for... " thread or the "Anyone else benching Caddy" thread. My view of the thread is more along the line of "This is who I'm sitting, no advice needed". But then again, this is just my POV.
Hi IM,For sure, where things start and where they go are often different though. I've seen quite a bit of that.

The "stewing" over a player quickly becomes "help me decide" which is "who do I start".

But as I've said, I'm ok with this one as we'll keep it to one thread and we'll try to keep the focus more on "here's who I'm starting and why" and there's a lot of good value there.

J

I am starting Harrison, Bryant and Drew Carter .Benching Randy Moss , Coles.I was actually benching Moss for Coles but i like to live dangerously and wanna try Carter vs St Louis ( Of course if Smith is out ) over Coles.
:shock: That is living dangerously..
:yes: Don't underrate the Rams pass D. Didn't you see Plummers' #s last week. That wasn't as much about the Bronco's offense playing poorly (maybe below their average, but not terrible), the Rams pass rush, blitzes and coverage were all pretty decent. W/o S.Smith, I'm very sure the Carolina offense is worse than the Denver offense.

This week, my tough decision was to start F.Taylor vs. Pitt over M.Bell. For one, I'm worried about Bell's finger (broken when he got lit up by L.Little) and how well he can hold onto the ball. If he fumbles early I would bet Skeletor will give Tatum the bulk of the carries (more than 60%).

Second reason is that Taylor is playing @ home, in the heat and humidity of the Gulf Coast. I realize it's a late nite game, but it should feel warm to Pittsburgh while it would be brisk and refreshing to a team that's practicing in that climate during the day. These two teams tend to play each other in the trenches for the 1st 3 quarters, then shoot it out late (they've been fun to watch in the past).

I'm also benching McMike for Winslow, not for any particular reason but they seem close enough to call that I'm going w/ my gut. Winslow was pretty impressive in my opinion while R.Brown seems to be getting quite a few looks, as well as Welker and Booker (Chambers aside). C'Pep has always given his TEs some love, but Frye seemed to look for Winslow more often (yes, I did watch both games, NFL network is awesome).

Dunn over Foster until Steve Smith demonstrates he's back and healthy, and perhaps longer if Dunn continues to outperform and Foster continues to underperform my expectations (drafted Dunn in round 4 after Foster in round 3).

Isaac Bruce and Troy Williamson over Eddie Kennison and Deion Branch. Giving Branch a week or two to get settled in Seattle. Hoping that Williamson stops dropping the long balls Brad keeps tossing his way...if so my WRs (including TO) will be MONEY.

Williamson over Rod Smith. With Brad Johnson locking in on Williamson I'm hoping for a big week...and hoping he can lose his case of the dropsies.

I'm going with Rivers over Leftwich strictly based on a huge disparity in matchups (one of the few times I'd see this as an option).

I'm starting G. Jennings over J. Cotchery & D. Branch because I think GB will get their passing game going against NO, I'm not sure on Cotchery's value yet (and they play a tougher D in NE) and I want to see how Seattle uses Branch before I give him a start.

I'm starting McNair over Warner because I think the Cardinals will have trouble in Seattle and I think Oakland is the worst team I've seen in years.

DeShaun issues here as well...

Right now starting Kevin Jones over him, but that's a tough matchup. Considering subbing in Troy Williamson since our league essentially lets you "run and shoot" with WR's.

Only a couple of tough decisions that I'm making this week:

Rivers over Kitna - I have Trent Green in this league, so that's obviously an issue. I planned on going QBBC anyway, so I'm going to go with the matchup. Kitna might go negative vs. the Bears, so Rivers is the call here. I'm afraid that SD won't be throwing much, but I imagine it'll have to be more than 11 times.

Reggie Bush over Tatum Bell - I can see this being a problem all year. I'm never going to want to bench Bush, because he has the potential to go nuts any week.

Jerricho Cotchery over Deion Branch - I'm taking a wait and see approach with Branch. I'm leery of WRs changing teams -- especially if they've only been there a week. Plus, I don't think NE's pass defense should scare anyone.

My RB starters are in bold for my 2 different leagues:

TEAM A (debating to start Jacobs over Green esp. V.Morency on board)

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB vs Bills Sun 1:00 p.m. ET

Green, Ahman GBP RB vs Saints Sun 1:00 p.m. ET

Haynes, Verron PIT RB at Jaguars Mon 8:30 p.m. ET

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB at Eagles Sun 1:00 p.m. ET

Portis, Clinton WAS RB at Cowboys Sun 8:15 p.m. ET

Williams, DeAngelo CAR at Vikings Sun 1:00 p.m. ET

TEAM B (considering Dillon over Maroney)

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB vs Cardinals Sun 4:05 p.m. ET

Alstott, Mike TBB RB at Falcons Sun 1:00 p.m. ET

Barlow, Kevan NYJ RB vs Patriots Sun 4:15 p.m. ET

Dillon, Corey NEP RB at Jets Sun 4:15 p.m. ET

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB at Jets Sun 4:15 p.m. ET

Morris, Maurice SEA RB vs Cardinals Sun 4:05 p.m. ET

TIA for any wisdom/reassurance :thumbup:

Starting Darrell Jackson over Mushin Muhammed and Laveraneus Coles in a 0.5 PPR league.

Honestly, I just think Jackson is more consistent, with the same upside.

I am starting Harrison, Bryant and Drew Carter .Benching Randy Moss , Coles.I was actually benching Moss for Coles but i like to live dangerously and wanna try Carter vs St Louis ( Of course if Smith is out ) over Coles.
I am starting Drew Carter over Randy Moss. Heresy, perhaps, but after watching Oakland against SD, its a no-brainer. I beleive Carter will start and excel. My real dilema is Bush or McAllister or both versus GB. Decisions, decisions.

MillenniuM Presents: Frank Black said:
For those who own Dillon and Maroney or Rhodes and Addai, I am curious about which one you start and why.
I may have to end up w/ BOTH Dillon and Maroney in a start 2 league w/ Portis doubtful. :bag: The rest of my team is solid (Hass/CJohnson/Moss), but the other RBs don't look so good. M Bell dinged, Jacobs w/ back up (and GL) duties, Duckett not seeing the field much, and Morency just traded. Paying the price for Portis early. :rolleyes: Dillon did well vs. the NYJ last season (IIRC he had 3 scores and 150ish vs. them last year) and I can see Bill B pouring it on vs. his former DC when given the chance - after the Branch mess. Here's to hoping Brady doesn't get cute inside the 5 w/ the TEs. :bow: I might sub Jacobs for Maroney, just praying for a vulture score again.

Starting Leftwich over McNair. Lefty did well on the road against a top-tier D last week and the Ravens shouldn't need to throw a whole lot.

Still starting Randy Moss this week, Reggie Brown is my other decent option. FWIW, Moss got a very high percentage of their passing yards last week, and they can't possibly be this bad again. Still bad but not OMGWTFBBQ.

Gonna do something kinda wild. (ppr dynasty)

we start 1qb 2/3rb's 3/4wr's 1/2te's.

Im starting the Group of

Gore Dunn

Wayne D.Mason C.Henry

Gonzo and K.Winslow II

OVER the likes of:

D.Rhodes/Addai, ROY Williams, Reggie Brown, Drew Carter,

although i might go back and forth on Drew Carter and Chris Henry depends on whos out (S.Smith/Tj Housh). I think Henry has a better matchup though.

Another ppr dynasty im going with

Vick

Bush

Gore

C.Henry

D.Mason

T.Glenn

LJ Smith

OVER:

Big Ben, T.Bell, L.Maroney, D.Branch, Matt Jones, Reggie Brown and Ben Troupe.

I really wanna play Tatum with him going against KC but i cant sit GORE or BUSH in a ppr league, they will get there touches. I also wanna play Maroney but this league ONLY starts 2rb's 3wr's and 1 te. Which makes it real tough.

Im riding C.Henry one more week. Matt is my normal guy but he dealing with Pittsburg. Branch was an afterthought so he's a hold and see player for me.

Need to start 4 of: Tatum Bell, Tiki Barber, Brian Westbrook, Javon Walker, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Hines Ward.

At this point (subject to change), I'm starting the first four in the list. I'm just not sure about any of the receivers (Chambers because of the Culpepper chemistry; Moss because the Redskins aren't moving the ball and he's got a tough matchup with Terrence Newman; and Ward because of his health, his opposition and the fact that his ceiling is likely one touchdown and only 60-70 yards).

Walker has his own questions (#1/#2 receiver, run-first offense, Jake Plummer at QB), but I like my chances better with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laverneous Coles over Roy Williams.

Tatum Bell over B. Westbrook

I'm nervous about the first, and confident about the 2nd

Starting Terry Glenn over Roy "We were this close to 40 pts" Williams. I didn't like what I saw out of the 'Skins secondary last Monday. If Troy Williamson didn't have butter fingers, he could have had a monster day. I believe Springs is still out & TO is gonna get a lot of attention, leaving Glenn one on one with an inferior player.

I'm also starting Ahman Green over Warrick Dunn. I'm not as confident about this one, but just have a gut feeling that TB is going to shut down the Falcons in all phases. I admit to not having a handle on the Saints D yet, but I'm looking for a bounce-back game for the Pack. They'd better, as I'm starting Favre, Green, and Driver :bag:

Im starting DOMINICK RHODES over LARRY JOHNSON this week.

Bring it on experts, and eat your words on Monday!!!!

Starting Chad Pennington over Jake Delhomme (I do not think steve smith plays this week)
Exact same situation here - and I'm doing the exact same thing - my only concerns come from also starting Laverneus Coles over Randy Moss, Mushin Muhammad and Troy Williamson....I'm worried though if I go with the NYJ WR/QB combo that if they put up a goose egg, I'm doubly screwed...

Favre over Brunell, Pennington, A.Smith - yes my QB's suck :bag:

D.Carter over B.Engram (PPR league)

D.Driver over L.Evans

B.Watson over Colston (Yahoo, Colston listed as a TE)

This is 2 different leagues, just some of my more difficult decisions.

Favre over Brunell, Pennington, A.Smith - yes my QB's suck :bag:D.Carter over B.Engram (PPR league)D.Driver over L.EvansB.Watson over Colston (Yahoo, Colston listed as a TE)This is 2 different leagues, just some of my more difficult decisions.
I am also debating on Farve over Brunell. (Green was my starter). I don't like Brunell not having Portis in the backfield. Dallas wouldn't have to play the run as much maybe. Plus FBGs does have Farve ranked higher..... I have Driver too, so either I could do great if Farve and Driver do well, or I could flop at both Qb and WR. What to do what to do....

Interesting choices in various leagues:

McNair over Delhomme.

A.Green over Dunn.

Gore over FWP.

Dallas over Miami.

Assuming Steve Smith it out again, I am really torn on these two choices:

1) WR4 - K. Curtis, D. Carter, or M. Colston

2) WR4 - T. Glenn or K. Curtis

I'm starting ROY WILLIAMS over MASON in week 2.

Reason: I think Roy Williams is too dangerous not to start. He can score multiple TD's and get a lot of points in one week. I know he is playing CHI and they have a great DEF and he "guaranteed" a win BUT sometimes you have to take a little RISK for REWARD and Roy Williams has more REWARD in week 2. Mason is playing with McNair and will have a good game, maybe 100 yds, maybe a TD BUT his team will be ahead in the 4TH and run the clock with J. Lewis/Anderson and won't be throwing, DET will be passing in the 4TH....ADVANTAGE WILLIAMS.

I'm starting MARONEY over FOSTER in week 2.

Reason: You may say this is a huge RISK but is it? NYJ has a average DEF Line and Brady has no WR's to throw to, his best in 40 year old Tr. Brown....Maroney will get 15 - 20 touches and have his first 100 yd game of the year...he can score from anywhere on the field and could break a long TD run/catch...so I am taking a RISK on him for a REWARD.....Foster is playing @ MINN, MINN has a good DEF Line and stopped WAS for a win. CAR may also get D. Williams involved that will take some carries away from Foster....I know Foster got most of the carries last week BUT I really choose my lineup based on WHO THEY PLAY EACH WEEK, and FOSTER vs. MINN or MARONEY vs. NYJ is an easy decision...ADVANTAGE MARONEY

Favre over Brunell, Pennington, A.Smith - yes my QB's suck :bag:D.Carter over B.Engram (PPR league)D.Driver over L.EvansB.Watson over Colston (Yahoo, Colston listed as a TE)This is 2 different leagues, just some of my more difficult decisions.
I am also debating on Farve over Brunell. (Green was my starter). I don't like Brunell not having Portis in the backfield. Dallas wouldn't have to play the run as much maybe. Plus FBGs does have Farve ranked higher..... I have Driver too, so either I could do great if Farve and Driver do well, or I could flop at both Qb and WR. What to do what to do....
I was planning on starting Brunell, as he seems to have alot of success vs the Cowboys, but with Portis out, i'm going with Favre. I still believe :banned:

not much of a stretch Brunell over Collins, Kitna and Pennington.

Hope for a repeat of last year

QB : Brees over J. Delhomme With all that is going on with the Panthers offense, I think Brees is a better start against an awfull GB team

RB#2 : Gore over Caddy and C.TaylorI need to see that Caddy is healthy and that TB's offense is better than they showed last week before I can start him, and Gore seems pretty strong right now, I just hope he stays healthy.

TE : Winslow over MillerIt looks like Frye is going to be leaning on Winslow alot, Miller should have a good game, but not the freak game he had last week. I am gambling a little on this one, but since Cooley( who I dropped in a shallow league) gave me zero points last week, so I'm ok with it.

Should I bother telling him D Branch isn't playing on Sunday?

:unsure:
I think he does play.
rotowolrd had an update that I didn't see last nightNFL Network's Adam Shefter reports Deion Branch is likely to play for the Seahawks this weekend.

He took a lot of snaps at practice Thursday. Don't use him in fantasy leagues yet, but this is bad news for Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram's value this week.

I still don't think that's a risk I'm willing to take though
With Branch now 'officially' ruled out, I stand corrected. (Link) Fortunately I snapped up Chris Henry on Friday and will be plugging him in this week instead.

i'm trying to put in J Lewis over either Westbrook or FWP...

Lewis will get 100+ and a TD at least

But at least FWP or WB will have a big game and I know I'll bench the wrong one.

I'd also like to get Drew Bennett on the field over L Evans or DJax - i think at least one of those guys will bust

I'm playing the best team in my league this week

My head explodes every time I think about this decision, but I am going T Jones over Rhodes and Droughns. All 3 make me sick right now one way or the other and I just hope 1 of them steps up as a solid RB2(SJax is my #1) for the season. For this week, I see more of a risk that Addai will steal carries from Rhodes than Benson from ones and I see Cle getting down and needing to throw a lot which will limit Droughns' production. My other nauseating decision is to stick with Randy Moss over Derrick Mason and Michael Jenkins....I also have Kennison but he won't see time til Green gets back(C Johnson is my #1). I have to believe Moss is still a top WR despite last week and the apparent disaster that the Raider OL is. I gotta give him one more week before I start looking at other options.

Users who are viewing this thread