What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sniffer's off season Rankings - Version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken
Sniffer’s Off-season Rankings:

1 – These are for Re-draft purposes only

2 – I mostly play PPR, so that’s what these rankings are

3 – I’m only ranking starters, 12 QB, 24 RB, 36 WR. No TE

4 – These rankings are as of Today, knowing what we now.

5 – Please respond with critiques

Previous rankings 12/26/07:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=374862&hl=

Mock draft (survivor league, but PPR) just completed with some of the best minds on this board:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=380395

1 Brady

2 Manning

3 Brees

4 Palmer

5 Romo

6 BigBen

7 Bulger

8 Anderson

9 Hasslebeck

10 McNabb

11 Eli

12 Cutler

13 Favre

14 Rivers

15 Kitna

16 Garrard

QB once again looks to be a very deep position heading into the off-season. I expect one maybe two QB’s to go in standard 12 team redrafts this year, Brady for sure, maybe Manning.

Big movers in my rankings:

Kitna from 10 to 15. Why? No Martz, no more passing every down. The lions will run more and run often.

Bulger from 11 to 7. Why? Al Saunders, a move back to the “martz” system. And expected improved health from the entire Rams O.

1 LT

2 Sjax

3 ADP

4 Westy

5 Addai

6 Gore

7 MB3

8 Portis

9 Bush

10 LJ

11 Willis

12 Williep

13 R.Grant

14 Lynch

15 Maroney

16 MJD

17 Jamal

18 Ron Brown

19 Graham

20 Turner

21 Jacobs

22 Edge

23 LenDale

24 McFadden

Running Back was a very maligned position in 2007, as I said before.

But, this rookie class looks promising and maybe Turner can move to a productive spot

Nothing too earth shattering in my changes since 12/26

R.Grant – from 16 to 13. After a monster 200 yard performance vs. Seattle in the playoffs he had me convinced.

Not sure why he didn’t get the ball more vs. the Gmen.

I am still leery of Mr. Grant, ha has some young talent behind him and most people I feel will have him going in the top 10.

Maroney from 22 to 15. Why? Playoff performance. He might have worked his way out of the dog house. He looked lean and mean. Possible great value in round 2.

Larry Johnson from 6 to 10. LJ is value at 10 for sure, but you know what? If Brody Croyle is his QB and they don’t improve that Oline, Im passing on him.

Again I expect Jamal to resign in Cleveland and Ronnie Brown is a question mark right now with the torn ACL.

Just missing the top 24: Kevin Jones (inj.), Fred taylor, DeAngelo Williams, and John Stewart.

1 Rmoss

2 TO

3 Wayne

4 TJ Hous

5 S.Smith

6 Fitz

7 Braylon

8 Colston

9 Andre

10 ChadJ

11 Holt

12 Plax

13 Boldin

14 Jennings

15 Marshall

16 Roy William

17 Welker

18 Marv

19 S.Holmes

20 Cotchery

21 Evans

22 Calvin

23 Walker

24 Hines

25 Driver

26 Chambers

27 Hackett

28 D.Bowe

29 R.White

30 Curtis

31 S.Moss

32 Mason

33 Coles

34 Berrian

35 R.Brown

36 Galloway

Man o Man is WR deep. Just look at those top 17 players. Really the top 19 looks outstanding.

This position is deep this coming season people deep. If Im at the bottom of a 12 man league I’m going – RB-WR-WR.

I would be so happy landing two of the top 19 WR. Right now I had a hard time ranking Welker and Marv. Something tells me, and the WSL’s convinced me of this that the sharks still are under valuing Wes.

I don’t think Marv is going anywhere but if he does hang it up Agonzo will be moving into the top 36 for sure.

Would love to hear your guys input!

Last edited by a moderator:
14 Jennings
Hey Sniff,I'd take a closer look at this one, specifically targets in GB.Targets per game:Driver 8.1Jennings 6.5Jones 5.0Jennings was a good FF play last year based on TD's, but look at the red zone targets:Driver 17 for 2 TD'sJones 11 for 0 TD'sJennings 11 for 6 TD'sUnless someone expects him to keep scoring long TD's or get a major increase in targets in 2008, counting on Jennings to be a borderline WR1 high WR2 is extremely risky in 2008 IMHO.

14 Jennings
Hey Sniff,I'd take a closer look at this one, specifically targets in GB.Targets per game:Driver 8.1Jennings 6.5Jones 5.0Jennings was a good FF play last year based on TD's, but look at the red zone targets:Driver 17 for 2 TD'sJones 11 for 0 TD'sJennings 11 for 6 TD'sUnless someone expects him to keep scoring long TD's or get a major increase in targets in 2008, counting on Jennings to be a borderline WR1 high WR2 is extremely risky in 2008 IMHO.
thank you for the input sir.Im more worried about Bret hanging them up, as I see the shift from Driver to Jennings coming on even stronger next year.14 might be a bit high cause Jennings is a homerun hitter and not a more "solid" PPR type WR

I see you still like Bush? I think Bush is a bit smelly at #9. Willie P and him should swap places at best ,IMO

Just out of curiosity, why have you dropped Berrian down since your last rankings?
1 - he's a UFA2 - if he is back in Chi, who is the QB?A few too many unknowns at this point IMO
Fair enough but #1 applies to DJ Hackett#2 applies to Jennings, Driver, Rody White, D.Bowe, Cotchery, Coles and (maybe) Calvin.
Im pretty sure Favre is coming back. Even if not, I like Rodgers as much as Grossman.The NYJ QB with be Clemmens. Roddy White is a risk considering whatt is going on there. Kitna is starting for Detroit until week 12-14 thene we might see Stanton.Dbowe >> BerrianCare to give reasons why you like Berrian?

Care to give reasons why you like Berrian?
There are not many situations that could be consider worse than the one he was in last season. He plays well under pressure. He excelled in the playoffs and had a couple of tough TD catches last season with the game on the line. People want to pigeon hole as simply a deep threat but IMO he is more than that. From your ranking it looks like you believe he is the next Justin McCareins. For each his own.

Care to give reasons why you like Berrian?
There are not many situations that could be consider worse than the one he was in last season. He plays well under pressure. He excelled in the playoffs and had a couple of tough TD catches last season with the game on the line. People want to pigeon hole as simply a deep threat but IMO he is more than that. From your ranking it looks like you believe he is the next Justin McCareins. For each his own.
I like him. He has talent, but beside Chicago, I saw a rumor that Oakland might go after him.34 isnt a horrible ranking for himIn the WSLs he went 32,30 & 35 respectively.Ive never had McCariens ranked as a WR3 in a 12 man FFL league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread