What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl 49 discussion thread: Seahawks vs Patriots (Poll added) (1 Viewer)

Who do you think will win?

• Seahawks

Votes: 118 41.5%
  • Patriots

Votes: 166 58.5%

• Total voters
Before today, Seattle was a 2.5 point favorite over NE. I wonder if it's pick em after today.
It will be soon, as I suspect most early money will be on NE given how good they look today and how most will consider Seattle's win today to be lucky. I could see NE being the favorite by game time.

So I have two questions.

1. The Machine that is NE, who is responsible. Belichick or Brady? Seems like it doesn't matter who they have from year to year at WR or on Defense. They just seem to get the job done. Than again, Brady makes anyone look good at WR and can run this offense with whomever. Belichick on the other had, does a ridiculous job with personnel. Seems like he signs and drafts just the right players year in an year out. No team I can remember in the modern NFL can field a team year in and year out, cap be damned. Could he do that without a Tom Brady?

2. If Brady loses yet another SB, how will that effect his legacy? I believe Seattle beats NE going away and if that happens which I am confident it will, how will Brady be viewed? I believe when he loses this year he will tie Kelly for most SB lost right?

I got Hawks in a less extreme butt-whooping of last year. At least 2 TDs. Something around the likes of 35-22. You always gotta throw in some weird number for the SB.

So I have two questions.

1. The Machine that is NE, who is responsible. Belichick or Brady? Seems like it doesn't matter who they have from year to year at WR or on Defense. They just seem to get the job done. Than again, Brady makes anyone look good at WR and can run this offense with whomever. Belichick on the other had, does a ridiculous job with personnel. Seems like he signs and drafts just the right players year in an year out. No team I can remember in the modern NFL can field a team year in and year out, cap be damned. Could he do that without a Tom Brady?

2. If Brady loses yet another SB, how will that effect his legacy? I believe Seattle beats NE going away and if that happens which I am confident it will, how will Brady be viewed? I believe when he loses this year he will tie Kelly for most SB lost right?
yup

So I have two questions.

yup
Kelly lost four. Brady has lost two.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have two questions.

yup
he's just warming up to 3. Seriously, don't you see Wilson is going to take this over?

6 Super Bowls for Belichick and Brady is ridiculous, the previous 5 were all decide by less than a TD. My guess is we are in for another nail biter but obviously the injury situation for Seattle is a big factor.

So I have two questions.

yup
Elway lost 3 or 4 too.

The answer to the first questions is both of them. They work well as a team.

The second question is it hurts his legacy a little. If the Pats win he goes ends up in the discussion as the best of all time, bar none. If he loses he ends up in the second tier instead of the best of all time.

He's already in the best of all-time discussion, IMO, and I don't think losing this game would hurt his legacy at all. I never get why some think losing the Super Bowl should count against you, as if it's somehow better to lose earlier in the playoffs.

I thought GB was the better team in the NFC. For 3 quarters they were today. Seattle isn't the same team as last year and NE has a defense. It's gonna be real close.

But that NFC Champ game was the real SB IMO.

Seattle won't be facing a tactical genius like John Fox this time.

Pats 33

Hawks 23

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me if Seattle takes NE apart both on offense and defense.
IMO, Pats have advantage in offense, special teams, and coaching. Could also have a health advantage. Seahawks only a slight advantage on defense (both teams allowed roughly the same number of points in the playoffs. I also think Pats have fared better against better teams. SEA beat up on mostly back up QBs over the latter part of the season that made defense look a little better than they probably are.

Not saying NE will win, but I don't see a blow out.

I'm gonna talk a lot of #### to Boston fans who I have a history of hating. But let me say that Belicheck is one of the best coaches in NFL history and Tom Brady is top 5 QB all-time, maybe top 3. Those arguments are dumb, they earned respect and I have a lot for both.

I don't get how losing superbowls hurts your legacy if you've already won 3. Is it better to flame out in the first round of the playoffs than make it to the superbowl and lose, in terms of legacy?

I don't get how losing superbowls hurts your legacy if you've already won 3. Is it better to flame out in the first round of the playoffs than make it to the superbowl and lose, in terms of legacy?
it probably is, no one remembers losing random playoff game.

Lose the big one though and that sticks with ya

I have informed all my facebook friends that I won't be around for about two-and-a-half weeks, and I'll catch the commercials on youtube after the game. The verbal fellating of these two teams will be insufferable on a scale never before seen. No radio, no TV, no internet sports sites for about three weeks. It's the only way I'll be able to survive.

My wife thinks this will be good for me.

How can a team be this undisciplined in a championship game?
That's what happens when you beat up on an easy schedule for most of the season
Stolen from the NFC thread, had to point this one out because devouredbyamoron is one of the worst posters on this board.

Seahawks have the #1 SOS among ALL playoff teams. :bye:
Do you actually believe Seattle's schedule was harder than NEs?

It wasn't, not even close........

If Brady loses yet another SB, how will that effect his legacy? I believe Seattle beats NE going away and if that happens which I am confident it will, how will Brady be viewed? I believe when he loses this year he will tie Kelly for most SB lost right?
Brady losing won't really hurt his legacy, which I think for the most part is set, win or lose.

Thought the Pats matched up much better against the Seahawks before today. Am positive that is the case after today.

I doubt they can handle the Pats offensive package comprised of five different white guys touching the ball on the same play.

How can a team be this undisciplined in a championship game?
That's what happens when you beat up on an easy schedule for most of the season
Stolen from the NFC thread, had to point this one out because devouredbyamoron is one of the worst posters on this board.

Seahawks have the #1 SOS among ALL playoff teams. :bye:
Do you actually believe Seattle's schedule was harder than NEs?

It wasn't, not even close........
Do you actually not consider SOS? It's a ####### statistic fact tubby, look it up. :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread