What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Call-ups: 2012 Edition (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
Speaking of Hosmer, it's time to try and find the next one.

3B Nolan Arenado is tearing it up in AA Tulsa. It might be a little early, but considering the 3B options in COL, he might be able to force his way up.

I'm stashing.

(Then again, I had Hosmer and Lawrie on my roster at this time last year and lost patience :wall: ).

Any difference makers you guys think could be up by (or in) June?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if there's a role for him, and its not like he's a sleeper, but if I were to stash one of the Bauer/Shelby Miller/Cole type pitchers, I like Hultzen in Seattle. Lefty, big park, and really only Texas as an unfavorable park in the division.

It depends on league depth. I have some lineup issues in my shallower leagues I hope work themselves out before the end of April. Then I'd like to add some combo of Bryce Harper, Nolan Arenado, Tim Wheeler, Shelby Miller, Domonic Brown, Brett Jackson, and Anthony Rizzo. See who's still left out there.Mike Trout, Will Middlebrooks, Ryan Lavarnway, Hak-Ju Lee, Travis D'Arnaud, Anthony Gose, Jonathan Singleton, Oscar Tavares, and Ryan Kalish are all guys I'm watching but don't expect to get a shot at regular PT until 2013 so I'm not adding them in my re drafts but if things change I'll add them.I won't speculate on any of these guys but if they get called and I have a spot I'll probably dial them up. Brandon Guyer, Travis Snider, Drew Hutchinson, Brad Peacock, Jarrod Parker, AJ Cole, Danny Hultzen, Julio Teheran, Jerry Sands, Jedd Gyroko, and the army of San Diego starting pithcers are all guys I'm watching to see if they get a call. I'm sure I missed some, but this is what stuck out to me.

It depends on league depth. I have some lineup issues in my shallower leagues I hope work themselves out before the end of April. Then I'd like to add some combo of Bryce Harper, Nolan Arenado, Tim Wheeler, Shelby Miller, Domonic Brown, Brett Jackson, and Anthony Rizzo. See who's still left out there.Mike Trout, Will Middlebrooks, Ryan Lavarnway, Hak-Ju Lee, Travis D'Arnaud, Anthony Gose, Jonathan Singleton, Oscar Tavares, and Ryan Kalish are all guys I'm watching but don't expect to get a shot at regular PT until 2013 so I'm not adding them in my re drafts but if things change I'll add them.I won't speculate on any of these guys but if they get called and I have a spot I'll probably dial them up. Brandon Guyer, Travis Snider, Drew Hutchinson, Brad Peacock, Jarrod Parker, AJ Cole, Danny Hultzen, Julio Teheran, Jerry Sands, Jedd Gyroko, and the army of San Diego starting pithcers are all guys I'm watching to see if they get a call. I'm sure I missed some, but this is what stuck out to me.
Bryce, Guyer, and Trout were drafted.I personally don't have much interest in SP and catchers. I just don't care to build around them long-term. I've got Arenado and Rizzo for now. I'll be looking to grab Jackson or Wheeler by the end of April, I think.

Bryce, Guyer, and Trout were drafted.I personally don't have much interest in SP and catchers. I just don't care to build around them long-term. I've got Arenado and Rizzo for now. I'll be looking to grab Jackson or Wheeler by the end of April, I think.
Surprised Guyer was drafted and guys like Jackson and Wheeler were not.Different note, Joe Weiland for San Diego just got the call. Probably more of a wait and see in most leagues, but if he does anything remotely decent in LA Saturday I'd try to find room for him.

'MAC_32 said:
'pollardsvision said:
Surprised Guyer was drafted and guys like Jackson and Wheeler were not.Different note, Joe Weiland for San Diego just got the call. Probably more of a wait and see in most leagues, but if he does anything remotely decent in LA Saturday I'd try to find room for him.
I was surprised too. The guy lives in Raliegh, so I assume he just liked him from watching him play for Durham.

How long can they leave Trout down on the farm? They are getting very close to needing that vaunted "spark"
They shouldn't bring him up unless they play him 5-6 days/week. How would they do that as is?
:shrug: I don't knowThey just spent money on PujolsPlaying Wells is just throwing good money after bad, but maybe thats just me. Its probably too early to do that sort of thing, and lets face it, Albert has to start being Albert, but if they are still in an offensive malaise in two weeks,

How long can they leave Trout down on the farm? They are getting very close to needing that vaunted "spark"
They shouldn't bring him up unless they play him 5-6 days/week. How would they do that as is?
:shrug: I don't knowThey just spent money on PujolsPlaying Wells is just throwing good money after bad, but maybe thats just me. Its probably too early to do that sort of thing, and lets face it, Albert has to start being Albert, but if they are still in an offensive malaise in two weeks,
Scioscia is still trying to find a lineup that will work but the problem continues to be parts that won't work in any lineup............Abreu should be gone it was silly they nixed the trade for a few million when that is already lost money................they must really love Trumbo because they have passed on several trades that would get them more prospects and continuing to get part time at bats will hurt both his current hitting and his trade value - reminds me of the Brandon Wood mistake by Stoneham years ago.BUT while Sciocia loves all his players, someone in the front office (or owners box) is going to notice that after only twelve games played they are ALREADY six games behind Texas in the AL West

Until some of their MLB guys are traded he shouldn't be up barring injury until they're out of the race. If they bring him up he's not goingto play enough. Poor management? A bit, yeah. But they've already made their bed and now they must sleep in it.

Looks like Tim Wheeler just had wrist surgery and is out about another month. That could put a damper on 2012 for him.

'Matthias said:
After 4 ####ty starts, Collender's next start is in jeopardy. Unclear on who it would be who replaced him but could be Skaggs or Bauer. I'd say either would be worth a flyer in most leagues.
Bauer has been extremely wild and I would be stunned if it wasn't Skaggs when it happens.

Thoughts on Trout going forward?
Solid but not the savior...The rest of the way....270.350 ob12 hr55 rbi25 sb25 2b5 3bRuns, don't know, if he is batting leadoff by the 2nd half, could put up a nice number with the bats behind him.
That projection basically makes him Victorino the rest of the way. HRs seem rather high.And I think their best lineup will be Trout in CF, Trumbo in LF. Unless of course they actually give Trumbo a real tryout at 3B, seeing as soon enough this is going to be a lost season anyway.

'boubucarow said:
'Matthias said:
After 4 ####ty starts, Collender's next start is in jeopardy. Unclear on who it would be who replaced him but could be Skaggs or Bauer. I'd say either would be worth a flyer in most leagues.
Bauer has been extremely wild and I would be stunned if it wasn't Skaggs when it happens.
My guess is that Pat Corbin will be called up. Skaggs and Bauer will stay in a minor league for a little longer.

'boubucarow said:
'Matthias said:
My guess is that Pat Corbin will be called up. Skaggs and Bauer will stay in a minor league for a little longer.
Corbin was called up last night replacing Collmenter.

Thoughts on Trout going forward?
Solid but not the savior...The rest of the way....270.350 ob12 hr55 rbi25 sb25 2b5 3bRuns, don't know, if he is batting leadoff by the 2nd half, could put up a nice number with the bats behind him.
That projection basically makes him Victorino the rest of the way. HRs seem rather high.And I think their best lineup will be Trout in CF, Trumbo in LF. Unless of course they actually give Trumbo a real tryout at 3B, seeing as soon enough this is going to be a lost season anyway.
See I thought my RBI were a little high, but he hit 5 HR in 120 some odd ab last year. For a maturing 20 year old, I think he'll come into more power. I don't know that he'll get RBI chances.I don't know whether to be happy or cringe at him batting leadoff but I guess you embrace opportunity and hope for the best.

Chicago Sun-Times reporting that the Cubs have had internal discussions about how to fit LaHair and Rizzo into the same lineup. Not a shock, but it's apparently a new report.

Brett Jackson also had 4 hits last night.

If I miss on Middlebrooks tomorrow, I'll add Jackson soon (been holding Rizzo for awhile).

Fantasy Alarm twitter saying Youk is a late addition to tonight's lineup.

If Youk doesn't go on the DL, does Middlebrook even have time to brew a cup of coffee

ETA: Now they are saying it could be an error.

I've got the 1st waiver priority and I'm staring Matt Adams square in the face(keeper league)

Do I burn the priority on Adams?.....currently have a rotating door of LaRoche, M Young, and Cuddyer filling in at 1B

Or do I hold for someone else? Arenado?

I've got the 1st waiver priority and I'm staring Matt Adams square in the face(keeper league) Do I burn the priority on Adams?.....currently have a rotating door of LaRoche, M Young, and Cuddyer filling in at 1BOr do I hold for someone else? Arenado?
Arenado is already in the Yahoo database...

I've got the 1st waiver priority and I'm staring Matt Adams square in the face(keeper league) Do I burn the priority on Adams?.....currently have a rotating door of LaRoche, M Young, and Cuddyer filling in at 1BOr do I hold for someone else? Arenado?
Arenado is already in the Yahoo database...
Hmmmmm, not yet available in ours. Some guys show up earlier than others. For instance Middlebrooks became available a couple days before he played in his first game(when players are supposed to enter yahoos database)

Chicago Sun-Times reporting that the Cubs have had internal discussions about how to fit LaHair and Rizzo into the same lineup. Not a shock, but it's apparently a new report.

If I miss on Middlebrooks tomorrow, I'll add Jackson soon (been holding Rizzo for awhile).
Hit his 16th HR today, only a matter of weeks now.

I'd certainly go with Adams.He's here and he's got more power.I was holding Arenado until last week, but it's starting to look, to me, like the hype surrounding him has more to do with the Rockies' lack of 3B options than Arenado himself. He might end up being a great player, but it seems like we're a long way from really finding out.He had a nice year in A ball. He's not tearing it up in AA. No reason to rush him. Unless it's a truly elite prospect, I normally lean towards the bird in the hand.

Use it, you have better short term options but neither Cuddy nor Young are anything youthful, Adams may be the long term answer.And due to Arenado's performance so far in AA I'm beginning to think he won't be up until September, that'd be better for him anyway.

He's gone.
I picked him up last night because I need whatever depth I can find, but I'm not so sure that he'll be called up within the next 3 weeks (sure hope I wrong).With the new Super Two terms in the CBA (top 22% of players with >=2 but <3 years of service are granted Super Two status instead of the top 17%), I hear the new date for callups will be late June instead of early June. I honestly don't understand how the math works out, but with the Cubs not in contention for anything, they may just wait it out.

ETA: that being said, the lineup is so bad that maybe they do give him a shot once they need a DH. I don't know what Theo's track record is in these situations...

He's gone.
where?
suck a giant bag of Richards

Royals promoted Wil Myers to AAA last week. He seems to be adjusting well.

Catcher eligibility in Yahoo if he ever gets called up.
I've wanted to pull the trigger on him a few times, but it just doesn't seem clear how he'll get ABs. At least not to me.I've heard he can't play CF, so he'd have to supplant Gordon or Frenchy. I don't know that I believe in Gordon or Frenchy very much, but the Royals clearly do. Either way, they probably aren't in position ignore the big money they owe those guys.

I've wanted to pull the trigger on him a few times, but it just doesn't seem clear how he'll get ABs. At least not to me.I've heard he can't play CF, so he'd have to supplant Gordon or Frenchy. I don't know that I believe in Gordon or Frenchy very much, but the Royals clearly do. Either way, they probably aren't in position ignore the big money they owe those guys.
IIRC they have given Myers time at CF and 3B. I fairly certain he foes not profile at either position though. Barring an injury I don't see how he fits this year as an everyday player, unless they are thinking of cycling him through the positions daily. I don't see that as a rookie.

IIRC they have given Myers time at CF and 3B. I fairly certain he foes not profile at either position though. Barring an injury I don't see how he fits this year as an everyday player, unless they are thinking of cycling him through the positions daily. I don't see that as a rookie.
Myers has been playing mostly CF this season in the minors. Dyson hasn't been much worse than Francoeur and Gordon, and Lorenzo Cain will get a shot as well. Myers is only 21 and the Royals are going nowhere again. I doubt we'll see him until Sept 1st.

Don't think he'll be a fantasy impact guy (ever), but Adieny Hechavarria could make his MLB debut soon - KJohnson already has a mild injury and Yunel Escobar just came out of the game hurt for the Jays. They said at the start of the season if either of those guys went on the DL, Hech would likely be called up to start, rather than Vizquel playing every day.

Don't think he'll be a fantasy impact guy (ever), but Adieny Hechavarria could make his MLB debut soon - KJohnson already has a mild injury and Yunel Escobar just came out of the game hurt for the Jays. They said at the start of the season if either of those guys went on the DL, Hech would likely be called up to start, rather than Vizquel playing every day.
Heckuvashortstop with the glove but the bat is practically non-existentstill would be fun to watch him at short

Andrelton Simmons called up to Atlanta. SS probably doesn't have much fantasy value in most leagues unless they give points for defensive stats.

Users who are viewing this thread