What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick #4 PPR (1 Viewer)

AP or Calvin for me. VBD says Calvin but it's really tough to not take a workhorse RB in the first. I never like my team comp at the end when I go anything but RB in the early first. Plus it's easier to grab a WR that drops to make up the value difference you sacrifice for going AP than it is to get a RB that falls (which is more rare).

My thought process this year is going to be five backs (Lacy after AP) then any any of 3-4 WRs and Graham before I even look at the second tier of RBs. There's too many guaranteed points in a guy like Dez to take a question mark like Murray.

Last edited by a moderator:
full PPR, I think you have to go with Forte at 4. In my modified PPR (1 point for every 3 receptions), I am less inclined to go Forte. Really want to go with Lacy, but I haven't made that decision yet.

Forte is 3rd for me in PPR. Trestman just feeds him the receptions. You can't take Calvin or AP over Forte in PPR.

No matter what choice I make, it will be the wrong one. I just want somebody who puts up solid numbers week in and week out with little injury risk. Also, has to be a RB. Not going WR at 4. Too many good ones in other rounds and very few non RBBC's these days.

Been doing some mocks this week.

In Round 1 my top 4 are Charles, McCoy, Forte, Mega

In Round 2 I'm liking the WR's available - Brown, Jeffery, Nelson, or Cobb

In Rd 3 I am not liking the WR's at all, so I'm looking at an RB - Ellington, Bush

In Rd 4 I am really liking the WRs - Patterson, Harvin, AJ

In Rd 3 I am not liking the WR's at all, so I'm looking at an RB - Ellington, Bush

I like Morris in rd 3

I agree with you, but I won't take Megatron with the 1.04, I would go with Peterson or Forte....whoever is left. I like a Peterson/Forte + Nelson a lot better than a Megatron + a RB like Martin.

I like the RB-WR-RB start at the 1.04. In fact, I think the 4 is probably the best place to draft in a 12 teamer.

So - in our league - the first 7 rounds you can only take one player for each position. Then in round 8 you can start getting your rb2, wr2, etc. I have the 4th pick. I am leaning strongly toward Calvin Johnson or a top 3 QB (6 pt td pass). I am guaranteed a top 12 RB, and a high TD QB or Wr can make a huge diff in our scoring.

we use a flex. I have been thinking, depending on who's there in rd 2, about going rb-rb-rb mainly because the WR's are so deep throughout this draft

Forte

LaVeon Bell

Morris

Crabtree

DJax

Sanders

Tate

TE

QB

Thoughts on that strategy?

So - in our league - the first 7 rounds you can only take one player for each position. Then in round 8 you can start getting your rb2, wr2, etc. I have the 4th pick. I am leaning strongly toward Calvin Johnson or a top 3 QB (6 pt td pass). I am guaranteed a top 12 RB, and a high TD QB or Wr can make a huge diff in our scoring.
That's gotta make for an interesting draft. Not sure I dig it but definitely throw out conventional wisdom when drafting.

In a PPR I'd also take Forte at 4. What about your QB's if your waiting till later rounds for them?

In our league we can use a QB for flex and a lot of the good QB's go in the first 3 rounds.

No matter what choice I make, it will be the wrong one. I just want somebody who puts up solid numbers week in and week out with little injury risk. Also, has to be a RB. Not going WR at 4. Too many good ones in other rounds and very few non RBBC's these days.
Going by this logic if you trying to reduce injury risk wouldn't that lead you to take Megatron? We all know if the top 10 Rb drafted 5 will be a bust. Wr better chance to duplicate numbers

I'm just waiting for a #5 pick thread! But sitting at 5 I'm very interested in how top 4 go if all 4 Rb go I'm gonna go zero Rb theory

Top 4 in my draft just went Charles, McCoy, AD, Forte. I took metatron with pick 5. I would have taken him at 3 though

That's gotta make for an interesting draft. Not sure I dig it but definitely throw out conventional wisdom when drafting.
In this format I would take RB dead last. Think about it ... guaranteed a RB1 and you can get him super late. Take Calvin, get a stud TE/QB, get the #1 DEF/kicker, and still get a RB1 late.

In this format I would take RB dead last. Think about it ... guaranteed a RB1 and you can get him super late. Take Calvin, get a stud TE/QB, get the #1 DEF/kicker, and still get a RB1 late.
Pretty much my theory - last year went Brees, then JJ Watt, then Laurinaitas, then Morgan Burnett, and still was able to land Cobb as Wr and Ray Rice.....would have been perfect if Rice hadn't sucked and Cobb and Burnett did not get hurt. DOH!

Top 4 in my draft just went Charles, McCoy, AD, Forte. I took metatron with pick 5. I would have taken him at 3 though
I think that the decision at # 4 (more so in a non-PPR) really comes down to Forte, Lacy and Megatron. Obviously if McCoy, Charles or Peterson should make it to 4, you have to grab them and not look back. My next month of preparation will be deciding between Forte, Lacy and Megatron (my league is a partial PPR, 1 point for every 3 receptions, so it doesn't favor a guy like Forte as much as it would in a full PPR). Was really digging Lacy (still am) but I am getting concerned when I see all the love he is getting. Usually (although not always) that is not a good thing.

What makes my league different we only start 1rb 1wr 3 flex Rb/wr so I feel very confident going 3 or 4 straight wr to start the draft so I'm hoping the first 4 go McCoy Charles ap forte. I will scoop Megatron in 1st hope for Dez demaryious or Marshall in the 2nd

After a bunch mocks I think I like my team better going with Megatron in the first. Maybe even going upside-down and going Gronk in the 2nd.

Will gronk be there in the 2nd though?

Idk top 4 pick I feel like you almost have to go rb cause lacy/murray/lynch probably arent falling back to you.

If Norvell feeds Peterson some receptions then it would be him but its a tough decision cause Forte makes a lot of sense also.

When Im drafting 4 im glad when the first 3 guys go rb first.

Wheezer34 said:
After a bunch mocks I think I like my team better going with Megatron in the first. Maybe even going upside-down and going Gronk in the 2nd.
I'm 99.9% going Forte and hoping either Brown or Jordy will be there in rd 2. Love both.

Forte

Brown / Nelson

Ellington / Stacy

That's my first 3 rounds. I have to get 2 RB's in first 3 picks.

Anyone want to post their draft from the 4 slot in a PPR if you have already drafted?
Just finished (12 team flex). MIssed out on A Brown in the 2nd or would have gone WR. But I like the value at WR in the mid rounds so I didn't mind getting a top QB and grabbing 4 #1 WR options (hopefully) in rds 4-7. Tough call in the 3rd with Ellington/Martin/Morris all on the board

1 AP

2 A. Rodgers

3 Ellington

4 V Jax

5 Harvin

6 Watkins

7 Decker

8 Sproles

9 MJD

10 Eifert

11 T. Austin

12 Rams D

13 Gates

14 Cook

15 Bradford

I'll be drafting in the 4 spot of a10 man ppr league and I'm kinda hoping Forte falls to me. If AP falls instead, I think I will try to trade down because I have no faith in AP this year with age, that offense, and the QB situation. Gronk might be kept in my league and if he is, then DD tells me my best choice by far is Graham. I don't like that situation of taking Graham at the 4th pick because you don't get to take your next player until the 17 pick and I think that puts you too far behind at WR and RB. If Gronk is not kept in my league and is still on the board, then DD tells me to take Calvin Johnson over AP or even Forte.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of taking older players who might be on the verge of decline like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AP, and even Forte as opposed to taking younger players who are still getting better like Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, or Graham. I would rather bail on the older guys a year too early than a year too late and bailing a year too late is something I seem to have a knack for.

I think if the draft goes Charles, McCoy, AP, I will bite the bullet and take Forte. However, if it goes Charles, McCoy, Forte, I will do my best to trade down to the 7 or 8 spot where I would feel much more comfortable taking a younger player and also having an earlier pick in the 2nd round. That is probably an unlikely scenario, so would anyone think I was crazy if took Demaryius Thomas with the 4th pick?

What makes my league different we only start 1rb 1wr 3 flex Rb/wr so I feel very confident going 3 or 4 straight wr to start the draft so I'm hoping the first 4 go McCoy Charles ap forte. I will scoop Megatron in 1st hope for Dez demaryious or Marshall in the 2nd
I'll be drafting in the 4 spot of a10 man ppr league and I'm kinda hoping Forte falls to me. If AP falls instead, I think I will try to trade down because I have no faith in AP this year with age, that offense, and the QB situation. Gronk might be kept in my league and if he is, then DD tells me my best choice by far is Graham. I don't like that situation of taking Graham at the 4th pick because you don't get to take your next player until the 17 pick and I think that puts you too far behind at WR and RB. If Gronk is not kept in my league and is still on the board, then DD tells me to take Calvin Johnson over AP or even Forte.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of taking older players who might be on the verge of decline like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AP, and even Forte as opposed to taking younger players who are still getting better like Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, or Graham. I would rather bail on the older guys a year too early than a year too late and bailing a year too late is something I seem to have a knack for.

I think if the draft goes Charles, McCoy, AP, I will bite the bullet and take Forte. However, if it goes Charles, McCoy, Forte, I will do my best to trade down to the 7 or 8 spot where I would feel much more comfortable taking a younger player and also having an earlier pick in the 2nd round. That is probably an unlikely scenario, so would anyone think I was crazy if took Demaryius Thomas with the 4th pick?
Not at all.

In full PPR, I would strongly consider Dez Bryant or Demaryius with the 4th pick.

Not at all.

In full PPR, I would strongly consider Dez Bryant or Demaryius with the 4th pick.
I'm glad I'm not alone on this, because right now Charles, McCoy, Forte, AP, and Calvin Johnson as the first 5 picks seems to be gospel around here. I would like to see how someone's draft turned out from someone picking in the top 5 who didn't take one of the guys I just mentioned. I would like to hear some other opinions on this. At the very least maybe someone can convince me why I should take AP at #4 or why I should take Calvin Johnson over Demaryius Thomas.

Not at all.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this, because right now Charles, McCoy, Forte, AP, and Calvin Johnson as the first 5 picks seems to be gospel around here. I would like to see how someone's draft turned out from someone picking in the top 5 who didn't take one of the guys I just mentioned. I would like to hear some other opinions on this. At the very least maybe someone can convince me why I should take AP at #4 or why I should take Calvin Johnson over Demaryius Thomas.
I picked 5th in a 12 team ppr all Td 6pt distance bonuses start 1rb 1wr 3 flex Rb/wr we also go random every other rd so it's hard depending on draft slot

1. Dez

2.Gronk

3. Ellington

4. VJax

5. Brady

6. Rice

7.Joique Bell

8. Ridley

9. Woodhead

10. Ingram

11. Jeremy Hill

12 Harry Douglas

13. Allen Hurns

From the #3 spot, 12 man 6pts td passing .5 PPR WR/TE combined

Matt Forte, Chi2.10
Antonio Brown, Pit3.3
Doug Martin, TB4.10
Joique Bell, Det5.3
Tom Brady, NE6.10
Cordarrelle Patterson, Min7.3
Nick Foles, Phi8.10
Brandin Cooks, NO9.3
Kelvin Benjamin, Car10.1
Markus Wheaton, Pit11.3
LeGarrette Blount, Pit12.1
New England Patriots, NE13.3
Jordan Reed, Was14.1
Ka'Deem Carey, Chi15.3
Lance Dunbar, Dal16.1
Matt Bryant, AtlI got wasted during the draft. I should have nevered drafted 2 QBs but i couldnt let foles just sit there for someone to steal. Hoping to trade one of them

Who are you guys targeting and in what rounds? 12 team PPR from #4, here's who I am looking at

1) Forte

2) Brown / Jordy / Jeffrey

3) Ellington / Stacy / Morris

4) Spiller / Harvin

5) Sanders

6) Woodhead

7) Golden Tate / Colston

i know i may be crazy but in my 12 team ppr. qbs tds worth 6 points i am going to take brees with my 4th pick.i love his schedule and alot of games indoors.peyton will go 1.hes already informed us.i just cant take chances with rbs early due to all teams seem to be going rbbc.

Has anybody tried going wr/wr at #4?

Mega

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Spiller / Mathews

Joique Bell

Wright / Tate

================

Forte

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Harvin / Patterson

Sanders

Woodhead

Which team do you like better?

Just me probably but I love Lacy @ 4. Gonna catch 50+ in the no huddle, a lock for 10+ tds. With huge upside. Not sure forte can offer that.

I don't mean to bash your league, but that takes away a lot of fun and a lot of strategy in the draft. Do you (and others) like that rule? If so then by all means have fun with it, but has anyone campaigned to change it?

bulger2holt said:

Mega

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Spiller / Mathews

Joique Bell

Wright / Tate

================

Forte

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Harvin / Patterson

Sanders

Woodhead

I've already mentioned that I am leaning towards Mega in the 1st. The reason is that if I take Forte I am inevitably staring at Jeffery in Rd 2 (but hoping for Brown), and I usually try to steer away from RB-WR on the same team, especially my 1st two picks. Am I alone in this thinking?

bulger2holt said:

Mega

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Spiller / Mathews

Joique Bell

Wright / Tate

================

Forte

Cobb / Jeffrey

Ellington

Harvin / Patterson

Sanders

Woodhead

I've already mentioned that I am leaning towards Mega in the 1st. The reason is that if I take Forte I am inevitably staring at Jeffery in Rd 2 (but hoping for Brown), and I usually try to steer away from RB-WR on the same team, especially my 1st two picks. Am I alone in this thinking?
Facing the same dilemma in my league. I really want Eddie Lacy but then possibly looking at Cobb/Nelson in RD 2 and like you not crazy about RB/WR from same team, although I did have Dez and Murray last year and that worked out ok. Would love Antonio Brown in RD 2 but not sure he will come back to me.

Forte, AD, Calvin and Lacy are my optiopns at 4. Have to figue out which combo: WR/RB, RB/WR or WR/WR is better.

I have the 4th in a PPR and the 4 I'm considering are Charles, McCoy, Forte and Calvin in that order. This is a less sharky league so I'm holding out hope that McCoy is around. Charles will be first but the guys picking next two are a bit unpredictable.

Better combo at #4 PPR

Option 1)

Mega

Martin

Ellington

Option 2)

Forte

Cobb

Ellington

I'm picking at #4 in my 12 team

1pt PPR

AP or Calvin?
The 64K question. Should we go WR/RB, or RB/WR or WR/WR or even RB/RB ? My draft is tomorrow night and I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet.
I want to go RB/WR. I think the end of the 2nd/early 3rd looks far better at WR. I'd like to get one of the top 3 RBs. The tough choice will be if it goes Charles, McCoy and then Forte. I had ADP last year and I'm not sure I want to go with him over Calvin another year older. If I go Calvin, it wouldn't surprise me if I went WR/WR or WR/QB or WR/TE (Gronk) and go for guys like Gerhart/Morris/Jennings/Anyone that slips in the 4th and 5th. Just depends on if anny of the top WRs slip or guys like Bush/L. Bell/Ellington are still there. If too many RBs go, I'll grab the guys I like that slip. I'd still much rather get Forte and be much more flexible.

Better combo at #4 PPR

Option 1)

Mega

Martin

Ellington

Option 2)

Forte

Cobb

Ellington
Not sure about the final tally, but I would feel a lot better about team 2. It just feels like 1 question rather than 2. Again, as I said above, I would much rather have Forte and then hope that a guy like Nelson/Brown is available because more RBs move up. According to DD, Brown and Nelson are 16/17, which isn't far from pick 21, especially if a handful of RBs like Bernard, Lynch, Murray and maybe a QB or 2 move up. Based on ADP, that seems very reasonable.

I'd love to see this: Forte, Brown/Nelson, Ellington/Bush/VJ

I'd feel real good about that. We start 2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex, so 4th/5th rounds still have guys like Patterson/Harvin at WR and a lot of not so bad RB2s.

I drafted Sunday from the 4 spot in a 10 team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD. Here's how it went:

1.4 - RB1 - McCoy (yep he fell, Charles, AP, and Forte went 1-3)

2.7 - WR1- A.J. Green

3.4 - WR2- J.Nelson

4.7 - TE- Gronk

5.4 - Flex- (WR or RB) - R White

6.7 - QB- Foles

7.4 - RB2- Vereen

8.7 - RB3- J.Bell

9.4 - WR4- T.Smith

10.7 - WR5 - T.Hilton

11.4 - RB4 - Woodhead

12.7 - RB5 - Pierce

13.4 - WR6 - R. Randle

14.7 - QB2 - Dalton

15.4 - Bengals D

16.7 - K - D. Bailey

QB's have value in this league and it was tempting to take one of the big 3 but I could not pass up on McCoy. I always wait on a QB but they went fast. One guy took CPatterson in the 2nd rd (league full of Viking homers) and some teams took Def's and K's sooner than I ever do. I checked the ww after the draft and there is nobody available. Really picked thin.

I drafted Sunday from the 4 spot in a 10 team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD. Here's how it went:

1.4 - RB1 - McCoy (yep he fell, Charles, AP, and Forte went 1-3)

2.7 - WR1- A.J. Green

3.4 - WR2- J.Nelson

4.7 - TE- Gronk

5.4 - Flex- (WR or RB) - R White

6.7 - QB- Foles

7.4 - RB2- Vereen

8.7 - RB3- J.Bell

9.4 - WR4- T.Smith

10.7 - WR5 - T.Hilton

11.4 - RB4 - Woodhead

12.7 - RB5 - Pierce

13.4 - WR6 - R. Randle

14.7 - QB2 - Dalton

15.4 - Bengals D

16.7 - K - D. Bailey

QB's have value in this league and it was tempting to take one of the big 3 but I could not pass up on McCoy. I always wait on a QB but they went fast. One guy took CPatterson in the 2nd rd (league full of Viking homers) and some teams took Def's and K's sooner than I ever do. I checked the ww after the draft and there is nobody available. Really picked thin.
Man, now I know why McCoy fell. I know it is only 10 teams, but getting Vereen and Joique as your RB2/3 in the 7th and 8th rounds is criminal considering the rest of the teams let you grab Green, Nelson, Gronk and White. Also, getting Dalton as your QB2 in the 14th seems like QBs didn't go that fast. Torrey Smith, who I don't like early, as your backup WR in the 9th?

If you don't win it all with this lineup, then you had injuries. I don't see how you don't clean up in a PPR league. QBs you are average, but 3 top 20 RBs (with one top 5), 6 top 30 WRs (with 2 top 10) and Gronk is solid.

Users who are viewing this thread