What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Generating a FF Schedule (1 Viewer)

Northbound Train

Footballguy
Our league needs a 13 week season

3 divisions of 4

Must play your own division twice (weeks 1-3 & weeks 11-13 so you play div. foes without any byes)

Weeks 4-10 you play other 7 owners once...the other owner is played as a double header in week 13

Is that clear as mud :thumbup:

Basically where can I tell software that and they generate so I can copy to MFL...I didn't see a schedule there that fulfils our needs.

TIA

Basic format is below. If can't find software to do exactly what you want then you can use excel and find replace to make up the schedule.
Code:
Weeks 1 through 3 and 11 through 13					Set 1		Set 2		Set 3	1A	2A	1A	3A	1A	4A3A	4A	2A	4A	2A	3A1B	2B	1B	3B	1B	4B3B	4B	2B	4B	2B	3B1C	2C	1C	3C	1C	4C3C	4C	2C	4C	2C	3C					Weeks 4 and 5					1A	1C	1A	2C		2A	2C	2A	1C		3A	1B	3A	2B		4A	2B	4A	1B		3B	3C	3B	4C		4B	4C	4B	3C							Week 6 and 7					1A	1B	1A	2B		2A	2B	2A	1B		3A	3C	3A	4C		4A	4C	4A	3C		3B	1C	3B	2C		4B	2C	4B	1C							Week 8 and 9					1A	3B	1A	4B		2A	4B	2A	3B		3A	1C	3A	2C		4A	2C	4A	1C		1B	3C	1B	4C		2B	4C	2B	3C							Weeks 10 and 13 (doubleheader)					1A	3C	1A	4C		2A	4C	2A	3C		3A	3B	1A	4B		4A	4B	2A	3B		1B	1C	1B	2C		2B	2C	2B	1C

Last edited by a moderator:
I used this schedule generator pointed out above. The only thing is, you need to move a few of the weeks around to get your division games in weeks 1-3. Not a big deal though.

The system sets up a double header week in week one, and has weeks 2-4 as division games. Simply move them around and you are set.

One note though, the double header week seems to be a bit odd. Over the course of the entire season, you do end up playing your non-division foes all one time. However, during the double header week the games are set up....oddly somehow. In the website I use, Fanball, (I know haters, please don't turn this into a bash fanball thread), you set up game one and game two for double header weeks. When I try to split up the FBG generated double header week, it is impossible to do. You'd think that you would be able to have each team once on the game one side, and the game two side, with no overlaps. Can't do it.

Team #9 at Team #1

Team #10 at Team #2

Team #11 at Team #3

Team #12 at Team #4

Team #1 at Team #5

Team #2 at Team #6

Team #3 at Team #7

Team #4 at Team #8

Team #5 at Team #9

Team #6 at Team #10

Team #7 at Team #11

Team #8 at Team #12

Here is the schedule generated by FBG. I split it into two sets of games simply by adding the break. This clearly does not work, as you can see teams 1 & 2 are listed twice in the top half, and not at all in the 2nd set of games. Simple right? Just switch them with games below. Not so fast. If you put them below, then 9 & 10 are duplicated in the lower half. It's like a friggin' Rubik's Cube trying to get this to come out evenly into two sets of games.

At the risk of addressing an issue that wasn't asked, and you may already be well aware of it, but...

if you switch from three 4-team divisions to four 3-team divisions then you can avoid the doubleheader in Week 13. Each team will play twice against divisional opponents and once against non-divisional opponents in 13 weeks.

At the risk of addressing an issue that wasn't asked, and you may already be well aware of it, but...if you switch from three 4-team divisions to four 3-team divisions then you can avoid the doubleheader in Week 13. Each team will play twice against divisional opponents and once against non-divisional opponents in 13 weeks.
Thanks but divisions have remained in tact for 5 years now

Northbound Train said:
The Jerk said:
At the risk of addressing an issue that wasn't asked, and you may already be well aware of it, but...if you switch from three 4-team divisions to four 3-team divisions then you can avoid the doubleheader in Week 13. Each team will play twice against divisional opponents and once against non-divisional opponents in 13 weeks.
Thanks but divisions have remained in tact for 5 years now
I figured you had a reason... but I thought I'd throw it out there to save you the hassle if it would work. :lmao:

12 teams with 3 divisions as well. We used to have a 14 week schedule but went to 13 with a week 1 doubleheader. Most of the guys don't like it so I decided to dump one non-division game and let the schedule maker (mfl) decide who plays who.

mfl does do the 13 week with one doubleheader schedule. you do have to go in and tweak things after it creates the schedule though. option #6 for me:

6. 13 Week regular season - Play all 3 teams in your division two times and all 8 teams outside your division exactly once with one doubleheader week.

Users who are viewing this thread