What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New League with IDPs - the Champions League (1 Viewer)

samuelsharpe

Footballguy
I'm beginning a new league for the 2013 season called the Champions League. Some highlights of this League's features:

1. 16 teams organized into two(2) eight-team conferences further subdivided into two (2) four-team divisions.

2. Head-to-head style of play over a thirteen-week regular season with a total of 16 games.

3. Championship playoff bracket and consolation playoff bracket.

4. Team salary caps, player salaries and contracts.

5. Email-driven auction-style draft each year and weekly blind bidding free agency.

6. Traditional offensive player positions and individual defensive players with flex lineup option.

7. Performance style scoring.

8. Franchise or “keeper” players held over for the following season for each team. (This is NOT a dynasty league.)

We're looking at an entry fee of $55 with a first place payout of $300. Several positions are claimed by owners from my two existing leagues but I have at least five openings.

If you are interested please contact me. I have a dummy site up for the 2012 seasonso you can see how player stats looked using the scoring system.

Update for any lurkers out there...We still have three spots open in the Champions League. Please email me if you have questions or are interested in the joining the League. Thanks!

Another update....Spots still available for this 2013 start-up keeper (not dynasty) League that will use an email auction draft and offensive/IDPs. Let me know if you're interested.

As of March 24, we still have an opening in the Champions League (see info in previous post). Looking to fill by the end of March in order to begin a mock draft to acclimate everyone to email auction drafting.

Please contact me if interested. Thanks!

Bump....sort of.

The Champions League was ready to start drafting TODAY until I had to suspend operations because AT LEAST THREE owners bowed out. I've run Leagues for 15 years and I've never experienced this sort of exodus so close to the beginning of the season (or the draft). I'm confident based on my communication with those owners that the reasons for leaving were personal and NOT related to the League.

So I am once again fielding interest from the community at large. As I said above, I have three openings as of right now. The information in my original post remains accurate. Right now I am targeting mid-June to start the email auction draft so time is of the essence.

Please contact me if you are interested in the Champions League!

I still have an opening in the Champions League. Take a look at the original post for more information about the League or email me directly at tbaker96@gmail.com

Thanks!

An update for 2014 in the Champions League...

Our inaugural season went well and we return 12 of 16 owners for the 2014 campaign. Of the four owners departing, one left due to personal reasons, another because of FF "overload", and the other two because of presumed disinterest. Considering this was a brand-new League with a new format I'd consider this a success. But now I need to replace those owners. Since we have a slow-email bid-type draft, there are no missing draft picks to worry about. Simply take a look at the rosters of the Swamp Foxes, Cowboy Killa's, Wildfire, and Brigade 2506 to see what you're getting into. The updated rulebook is posted on the web site as well. Just look under the "links"-->"league links" sections on the top menu bar. The website is here: http://football13.my...14/home/22624#0

Contact me directly if interested or if you have additional questions. Thanks for the time.

tbaker96@gmail.com

Some updated information.

The Champions League will observe a May 21, 2014 deadline for the selection of franchise players off the 2013 rosters. Our email draft will run from June 1, 2014 through August 1, 2014.

Not much time and I still have four openings. Contact me if interested. Email address in the previous post. Thanks!

Still looking to fill one more open spot in the Champions League.

Check out the previous posts in this thread for background information and my email.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread