What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP podcasts (1 Viewer)

TheCommish

Footballguy
When will these be coming this season (if at all)? I love listening to the IDP roundtable discussions, and use it to gain a big advantage over my opponents on draft day. I can always count on snagging at least one top performing IDP in the later rounds because everyone else is unaware of them.

We're starting the weekly show tonight. Just sent the agenda to the guys.

Should be up by tomorrow.

If anyone missed them, a three part series on offseason news and an early ranking / tier discussion was posted in this thread.

Question for the next IDP Roundtable:

Why is Jene so much higher on Wesley Woodyard than the other staff members (Bramel as an LB1, Norton at LB39, Rudnicki at LB53)?

Question for the next IDP Roundtable:

Why is Jene so much higher on Wesley Woodyard than the other staff members (Bramel as an LB1, Norton at LB39, Rudnicki at LB53)?
We won't be able to record tonight unfortunately. So I'll answer this now.

They're weird.

Norton on Michael Bennett: "get him out of your lineup this week".

Ranked #9 in one of my leagues and #11 in the other. Apparently his weekly projections don't mean much. (Note: I do not go by any one thing or strictly FBG's when making out my lineups, especially later in the season.)

John?

Love FBG, all the podcasts, the IDP coverage and forum. The above just makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to get the weekly IDP podcast sometime on Wednesday if possible. I understand the offensive guys get the priority, I'm just sayin'.

I would love to get the weekly IDP podcast sometime on Wednesday if possible. I understand the offensive guys get the priority, I'm just sayin'.
We really appreciate all our listeners. You folks are smart, passionate and keep us working hard to get what I believe is the very best content in the industry out there.

It's not that the offensive guys get the priority. It's just proven impossible for John and I both to be ready by Tuesday night with our day job responsibilities and the priority to get projections and content out to our subscribers. We discussed recording the podcast earlier every offseason and it's just not been feasible for us.

It generally takes me 6-8 hours every week, and more in the first two weeks, to watch what I can critically, examine snap count data and trends, followup on tweets and beat writer work and write the RTD.

I know it takes John longer than that to do his early week work and he's got less time in his weekly schedule than I do. I can generally get the RTD done by Tuesday night. It's usually a struggle for John to be ready to record by Wednesday evening.

Hopefully, that work shows through in the podcast. When I set the agenda, I choose what I think are the most important news pieces of the week and we don't hold anything back from our subscriber content. We won't get to everything we've written and projected, but what we do cover in the show isn't watered down.

I know it's not practical for some to subscribe to the Insider service. But if you like the podcast content, there's much more of it in our written features and databases -- and it's all ready by sometime Wednesday evening. Rudnicki's waiver stuff is awesome on Monday afternoon and Thomas' database is up by Tuesday evening. If you've got waivers due by Tuesday night -- which I frankly just don't get, NFL coaching staffs often doesn't know what's going on for the week by then -- those are strong early week reads. I've adjusted my schedule to make sure the RTD is up by Wednesday at noon (and usually before I shut the PC down on Tuesday night). John's projections are up by Wednesday with the Guru up sometime Wednesday evening.

I'd actually much rather have it where it is to factor in all thhat stuff that comes up during the week

Earlier in the week is mote like throwing darts

I'd actually much rather have it where it is to factor in all thhat stuff that comes up during the week

Earlier in the week is mote like throwing darts
:goodposting:

Agree 100%. I'd rather have an up-to-date podcast giving Jene and John enough time to do their weekly research than something thrown together in haste just to get it out earlier in the week.

We really appreciate all our listeners. You folks are smart, passionate and keep us working hard to get what I believe is the very best content in the industry out there.

It's not that the offensive guys get the priority. It's just proven impossible for John and I both to be ready by Tuesday night with our day job responsibilities and the priority to get projections and content out to our subscribers. We discussed recording the podcast earlier every offseason and it's just not been feasible for us.

It generally takes me 6-8 hours every week, and more in the first two weeks, to watch what I can critically, examine snap count data and trends, followup on tweets and beat writer work and write the RTD.

I know it takes John longer than that to do his early week work and he's got less time in his weekly schedule than I do. I can generally get the RTD done by Tuesday night. It's usually a struggle for John to be ready to record by Wednesday evening.

Hopefully, that work shows through in the podcast. When I set the agenda, I choose what I think are the most important news pieces of the week and we don't hold anything back from our subscriber content. We won't get to everything we've written and projected, but what we do cover in the show isn't watered down.

I know it's not practical for some to subscribe to the Insider service. But if you like the podcast content, there's much more of it in our written features and databases -- and it's all ready by sometime Wednesday evening. Rudnicki's waiver stuff is awesome on Monday afternoon and Thomas' database is up by Tuesday evening. If you've got waivers due by Tuesday night -- which I frankly just don't get, NFL coaching staffs often doesn't know what's going on for the week by then -- those are strong early week reads. I've adjusted my schedule to make sure the RTD is up by Wednesday at noon (and usually before I shut the PC down on Tuesday night). John's projections are up by Wednesday with the Guru up sometime Wednesday evening.
Would you mind posting a link to the IDP podcats in the IDP forum again this year?

I'm sure I can find it on the website if I look hard enough, but I'm a creature of habit and I've been conditioned to look for it here. Thanks! :P

Users who are viewing this thread