What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate the gym in January (3 Viewers)

TxBuckeye

Footballguy
I hate this time of year. All those people that will work out for two weeks before disappearing for the next 50 weeks (just like they do every year) filling up the gym like rats escaping the rising waters. Why do you bother? You aren't fooling anyone. You know the first time you sweat you'll quit again, never to return (until next January, when you tell yourself this year will be different). Do all of us that regualry work out a favor and just stay the #### home.

Look at it this way: while they are there a month, usually they pay for a year and keep the membership costs for us regulars down. Plus they are arguably trying. :thumbup:

That's right. Nobody try to improve themselves. Leave the gym to those of us who were born there.

That's right. Nobody try to improve themselves. Leave the gym to those of us who were born there.
Those of us with bad personalities and nothing else to offer but our looks want you to stay unfit, funny man.

Hint: You can't improve yourself walking on a treadmill two weeks out of the year.
You seem fun.
Oddly enough, I lose my sense of humor when I drive to the gym, walk in, and turn around and leave becasue it's full when it's usually empty at the time. Like I said, I absolutely loathe this time of year at the gym.

Nice of you to be so encouraging.
I encourage them to walk outside on the sidewalk for thie two weeks before they invariably disappear like every other year they garbage up the gym for thier amazing two week workout regiment.
I suggest you buy your own gym so that you can screen all potential members.
You can try to slam me all you want. At this point, I really don't care. I go through this crap every stinking January. I guarentee, two weeks from now, these people will disappear, never to be seen again (until next Janaury). It's a pain in the ### for those of us that have a regular workout routine. I can understand your lack of ability in understanding this. Though admittedly I am basing this on an assumption.

I'll take these guys over the lifers who feel like they own the place, and thus proceed to leave stacks of weight on every piece of free weight equipment, and use the excuse of the latest Muscle & Fitness cover workout to lay claim to three pieces of equipment at once.

"Don't touch that bench!"

"But you're squatting."

"I'm squatting AND benching!!!"

:confused:

I encourage them to walk outside on the sidewalk for thie two weeks before they invariably disappear like every other year they garbage up the gym for thier amazing two week workout regiment.
You can try to slam me all you want. At this point, I really don't care. I go through this crap every stinking January. I guarentee, two weeks from now, these people will disappear, never to be seen again (until next Janaury). It's a pain in the ### for those of us that have a regular workout routine. I can understand your lack of ability in understanding this. Though admittedly I am basing this on an assumption.
Several years ago my wife and I decided that our health was a priority and we purchased an elliptical, as well as a home gym. So we haven't been annoying or annoyed at the gym for quite a while. If it bothers you this much I would suggest that you do the same.

There are usually a handful of old fat guys milling around in my gym. Today there were also a few lumpy, sweaty girls. Ill take the upgrade.

There are usually a handful of old fat guys milling around in my gym. Today there were also a few lumpy, sweaty girls. Ill take the upgrade.
This is another thing.January at the gym in any city is like a buffet of young women who are 7's and 8's but wish they were 10's, and therefore have cripplingly low self esteem.

Several years ago my wife and I decided that our health was a priority and we purchased an elliptical, as well as a home gym. So we haven't been annoying or annoyed at the gym for quite a while. If it bothers you this much I would suggest that you do the same.
Are you offering to build the addition to my house that would hold all of this gym equipment? If so, I'll start contacting contractors ASAP! Otis can probably help me with that.

My wife's been going to aerobics classes twice a week for over 10 years. She hates this time of year too since the classes are absolutely packed.

I hate this time of year. All those people that will work out for two weeks before disappearing for the next 50 weeks (just like they do every year) filling up the gym like rats escaping the rising waters. Why do you bother? You aren't fooling anyone. You know the first time you sweat you'll quit again, never to return (until next January, when you tell yourself this year will be different). Do all of us that regualry work out a favor and just stay the #### home.
I don't mind the fatties trying to get fit, I just hate them monopolizing a machine for 30 minutes while they check their facebook on their new iphone and rest 10 minutes in between sets with a dumb look on their face.

This is another thing.January at the gym in any city is like a buffet of young women who are 7's and 8's but wish they were 10's, and therefore have cripplingly low self esteem.
Not at this gym. Unless your idea of 7 or 8 means someone's wife that looks like they are hiding a few Christmas hams in their sweats.

Are you offering to build the addition to my house that would hold all of this gym equipment? If so, I'll start contacting contractors ASAP! Otis can probably help me with that.
Sure. Check's in the mail.

Amen. I appreciate the donation to gym funds but the month of being overcrowded is a PITA no doubt

My wife's been going to aerobics classes twice a week for over 10 years. She hates this time of year too since the classes are absolutely packed.
Trust me, I understand those providing the disparaging remarks are those that never go to the gym. Or only go for two weeks out of the year...

I don't mind the fatties trying to get fit, I just hate them monopolizing a machine for 30 minutes while they check their facebook on their new iphone and rest 10 minutes in between sets with a dumb look on their face.
This too

Plus, I should point out, the government gives employees three hours a week to work out. These hours are authorized during the week day. These three hours can't be used at home. So, you can't skip the gym and do the workout at home. You basically lose the three free hours if you can't get in the gym.

Another reason I don't really get on board with the OP here, is that New Year's resolution types always flock to the Nautilus crap for endless sets of bicep machine curls and pec deck flyes, while none of them would have the faintest idea what to do with a power rack. It's like I have a 10x better spectacle, with no real additional competition for resources.

I'll take them over the geezers who come in regularly because they can sense the Grim Reaper is pulling up their file, and take forever using a machine, straining to do a light set of reps only to then sit there doing nothing for like 10 minutes while they try not to pass out. Then when you ask if they're going to be much longer they snort out some line about being a few more minutes while they glare at you. Or the schmucks who think the 30 min rule on a cardio machine applies to everyone else but not them.

Nah, you usually get a few nice cougars trying to tighten up a bit, or some college chicks sweating the freshman 15 and worried about bikini season, during the resolution influx. Nothing wrong with that.

Plus, I should point out, the government gives employees three hours a week to work out. These hours are authorized during the week day. These three hours can't be used at home. So, you can't skip the gym and do the workout at home. You basically lose the three free hours if you can't get in the gym.
WTF?

Wait, so you get paid (by our tax dollars, no less) to work out, but you're complaining that you're inconvenienced for a few weeks in January by the resolution crowd? Sorry, but I'm not sure I can work up a lot of sympathy for you on that one.

Seriously? That's an HR policy I could get behind.

WTF?
yeah unless they are foot soldiers that's pretty disgusting.

I'll take them over the geezers who come in regularly because they can sense the Grim Reaper is pulling up their file, and take forever using a machine, straining to do a light set of reps only to then sit there doing nothing for like 10 minutes while they try not to pass out. Then when you ask if they're going to be much longer they snort out some line about being a few more minutes while they glare at you. Or the schmucks who think the 30 min rule on a cardio machine applies to everyone else but not them.Nah, you usually get a few nice cougars trying to tighten up a bit, or some college chicks sweating the freshman 15 and worried about bikini season, during the resolution influx. Nothing wrong with that.
:thumbup: I'll also take them over the androtwins who come in pairs, then (because there's two of them) set up on the bench (it's always the bench) for ten times as long. And all the while they discuss protein loading, flex for each other, and yell motivational "C'mon's" Ugh.

I stopped going over the summer, and just got back this week. :thumbup:

I'm here and I'm not leaving. Suck it, gym rats.

Couldn't agree with you more. I go to the gym at 5:30 AM every morning for the past 7 months. I go this morning, and there were 3 times the people there. Normally there are around 15-20 people in there at that time (all regulars). This morning, there was 64. I hop on one of two free treadmills. 30 minutes into my 60 minute workout, some moron comes up to see how much longer I will be on the machine as they would like to use it. I told her I would be on it for another 30 minutes, and she got all pissed and said I was hogging the equipment. I told her as politely as I could that she could go bug one of the other people using the treadmills, who I'm sure will be done in 10 minutes. She explains that my treadmill is the one she wants to use as it faces the TV that she wants to see. So 30 minutes later I finish up and clean the machine, and go hit the weights, and this cow dives onto the machine. 10 minutes later she gets off, after a tough workout!

Couldn't agree with you more. I go to the gym at 5:30 AM every morning for the past 7 months. I go this morning, and there were 3 times the people there. Normally there are around 15-20 people in there at that time (all regulars). This morning, there was 64. I hop on one of two free treadmills. 30 minutes into my 60 minute workout, some moron comes up to see how much longer I will be on the machine as they would like to use it. I told her I would be on it for another 30 minutes, and she got all pissed and said I was hogging the equipment. I told her as politely as I could that she could go bug one of the other people using the treadmills, who I'm sure will be done in 10 minutes. She explains that my treadmill is the one she wants to use as it faces the TV that she wants to see. So 30 minutes later I finish up and clean the machine, and go hit the weights, and this cow dives onto the machine. 10 minutes later she gets off, after a tough workout!
You counted them?

Oh sure, but where were you before that, Mr. Johnny Come Lately?

You don't think using the cardio equipment for 60 minutes during peak time, especially at the busiest time of the year, is kind of uncool? You do understand that new people get to use the equipment too, even if you don't like the way they look, right?

Users who are viewing this thread