What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Student hits teacher- Teacher fights back (video) (1 Viewer)

avoiding injuries

Footballguy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4Eypr1KLk

A Baltimore teacher has been placed on administrative leave after a video emerged of her fighting a 17-year-old student.

The video, taken Friday and obtained by WBFF-TV, shows the girl shoving a chair in the teacher's direction inside a classroom at Carver Vocational-Technical High in west Baltimore and later throwing a book at the teacher in a hallway.

That's when the video shows the teacher charge the teenager as a large, male student tries to intervene. Later, the video shows the teacher slamming the girl against a locker. At one point, the teacher is heard saying, "I'll kill you in here."

City schools spokeswoman Anne Fullerton says the teacher was treated for minor injuries and was placed on administrative leave pending investigations. The student was charged with assault and released.

WBAL TV reports the teacher told the student to put her phone away because the class was taking a test.

One student told WBAL TV the teacher was acting in self defense.

http://ow.ly/CQFmX

How much is a teacher expected to put up with? Was she justified?

Why did the helpful big dude stop helping to pick something up? In the moment he removed himself from the middle, it got ugly.

I think the teacher was pretty adamant about him letting the student go. Although the video gets a little choppy at the end, it appears the student had the teachers hair. I didn't see the teacher slamming the student against the locker like what was described in the article.

yeah, when the teacher yells "let her go" and then proceeds to rush the girl, that's when she definitely loses her job and career.

That kid is a student? I thought that was a security guard. Dude was like 6'6" 270.
He and that other guy who gets in between the two and pulls the teacher away deserve a lot of credit (assuming they weren't involved in other ways before the video).

I hope in all the mess from this, they get recognized for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That kid is a student? I thought that was a security guard. Dude was like 6'6" 270.
He and that other guy who gets in between the two and pulls the teacher away deserve a lot of credit (assuming they weren't involved in other ways before the video).

I hope in all the mess from this, they get recognized for that.
He's probably going to be charged with sexual assault for touching their boobs when trying to keep them separated.

Serious question for the legal guys in here...

Hypothetical (the actual hitting part - but the threat actually happened on a team one of my kids plays on, the coach removed the kid from practice and kicked him off the team)

Say an adult is coaching a high school aged sports team. Kid is 18 years old.

Kid threatens to punch coach during practice, coach doesn't take it seriously, moves on.

Later, kid punches coach.

No security present to remove kid. Coach maintains cool tells kid to leave. Kid takes another swing at coach.

What can coach do? What would you do?

Mr. Know-It-All said:

Hypothetical (the actual hitting part - but the threat actually happened on a team one of my kids plays on, the coach removed the kid from practice and kicked him off the team)

Kid threatens to punch coach during practice, coach doesn't take it seriously, moves on.

No security present to remove kid. Coach maintains cool tells kid to leave. Kid takes another swing at coach.

An adult male strikes me, it's on.

Mr. Know-It-All said:

Wax on, wax off. Then press charges

Mr. Know-It-All said:

An adult male strikes me, it's on.
Yeah, wasn't sure of what all the legalities were - the back story is this is a Fall High School team - not officially sanctioned by the school - so all the players are from the HS, but they cannot be coached be a HS coach...so it is a volunteer coach not affiliated with the HS. The player in question is a Sr, doesn't respect the coach because he is not a HS coach apparently, and threatened the coach during a practice. The HS coach supposedly talked to the kid and told him to tone it down, but didn't cut him for the Fall team because he is a pretty decent player. So having heard all of this, I wondered what would happen if the kid followed through on his threat and actually threw on the volunteer coach. And if the coach knocked him into next week.

Let me guess black student?
Nope, just a Senior on a team with a bunch of younger players - only a couple seniors on the fall team. Assume just trying to throw weight around, but have no idea if the kid has had discipline problems in the past. Seems like the volunteer coach is a friend of the baseball coach so not sure why the baseball coach didn't just toss the kid...but that is another story dealing with the politics of HS athletics.

Mr. Know-It-All said:

Press charges.

Mr. Know-It-All said:

Press charges.
Coach could also sue him civilly for money damages for assault and battery; could also seek a civil restraining order, and also report the incident to an administrator which would undoubtedly lead to expulsion.

I didn't watch the video, but if a teacher became aggressive outside of pure self-defense, they should lose their license. That said, I'm lucky to work in a district where the kids are very well behaved. I know of teachers working in areas around me where it's ridiculous to the point of where they are instructed not to write on the board because it isn't safe to turn their backs to the kids.

Had a kid throw a chair at me last week. I did not tell him I would kill him.
My first day of pre-student teaching (observation), a kid threw a globe at me. I also did not threaten to kill him. He did later tell me that his goal in life was to kill people. I was always very nice to him, but he was a really awful 9 year old.

Had a kid throw a chair at me last week. I did not tell him I would kill him.
My first day of pre-student teaching (observation), a kid threw a globe at me. I also did not threaten to kill him. He did later tell me that his goal in life was to kill people. I was always very nice to him, but he was a really awful 9 year old.
Ilov80s

Footballguy

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 15,867 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06
Yeah, ok. :lol:

That school wasn't in Detroit. It was a special class for emotionally troubled kids in a suburb. That kid was a monster. One of the worst people I have ever met. Some of the kids in class were very emotionally fragile and he tortured them all day every day. He peed all over the bathroom walls, spit on kids, threw kids lunches out the window, gave kids notes with pictures of their pets dismembered vividly described the ways he planned to torture people ,etc. I saw all of this and I only observed in that class for about a month.

I've had 2 incidents where a kid put their hands on me. Luckily both times they were much smaller than me and probably didn't really want any but had backed themselves in a corner and both were trying to save face in front of their buddies.

On a side note one of the kids grandparents came at me while I was at a restaurant and was saying things like "you better not ever lay your hands on my baby again." After I explained to them what had actually happened they apologized and when said kid returned to school he apologized as well.

This here is way out of line.

PatsWillWin said:
This doesn't seem all that controversial. She should never teach again.
We'll see about that. Im sure she's in a union.

FWIW, only the student has been charged.

Ilov80s said:
That school wasn't in Detroit. It was a special class for emotionally troubled kids in a suburb. That kid was a monster. One of the worst people I have ever met. Some of the kids in class were very emotionally fragile and he tortured them all day every day. He peed all over the bathroom walls, spit on kids, threw kids lunches out the window, gave kids notes with pictures of their pets dismembered vividly described the ways he planned to torture people ,etc. I saw all of this and I only observed in that class for about a month.
Is anyone doing anything about this kid? Sorry to say, but it seems very likely that this kid will be the kid that shoots up a school later on in life. A kid like that should be labelled and removed from society. I actually mean that. Having read some of these articles about kids that become the serial killers/multiple murderers, there are so many signs it isn't even funny. I understand the opportunity and people changing, but this kid as you described will murder someone someday with a high probability.

ETA: By removed, I am not talking put to death, but not in school with other kids. I have no idea how to help him, but it is a lot more than a special class. Also, are his parents around and what do they do about him?

I'm fine with a teacher defending herself if that time comes, but saying I'LL KILL YOU is fireable, imo.
Yeah and even the whole "defending herself" thing is a stretch. She's standing out there #####ing on the phone, presumably after the student threw/pushed the chair at her. So she obviously didn't feel like she was in any peril then. Then the student throws a book at her. A book. It's not like the student was coming at her or anything.

The student definitely provoked it, and I'm fine with her being charged with something. I'm not saying the teacher should be charged with something, but I expect her to show a little more restraint. I don't think she was "defending" herself, I think she responded to provocation by trying to beat the #### out of one of her students. That can't fly.

Man I am so glad that isn't an issue at my kids school. How can any instruction be given when kids are throwing objects at the teacher? I can imagine the tougher kids just running over the more timid kids, cursing the faculty. Oof GL

Is there anyone among us that if we did what this girl did wouldn't get the s##t beat out of us when we got home?

The fear of repercussions was enough to keep me in line. I doubt these kids have the same discipline.

This teacher will get a slap on the wrist but she should be fired and never teach again.

Meanwhile, hottie teachers fufilling HS boys fantasies get fired and branded molesters.

What is wrong with the world.

My wife has a klepto in her 2nd grade class. Kid was a meth baby and has some wiring issues upstairs and is adopted by a good family. Apparently he just picks up stuff from other kids desks, the library, my wife's desk, etc. all day long. Especially candy. Apparently he is very conflicted about it and it really is a compulsion.

She also says he is super sharp and observant. She says he catches EVERYTHING that goes on, which is how he is able to keep nabbing things even with a room full of people around who know he's a thief. I told her he needs to be in law enforcement, which she told me he does want to be a policeman when he grows up. Man I hope that kid goes the right way in life.

OK, that is all....carry on.

My wife has a klepto in her 2nd grade class. Kid was a meth baby and has some wiring issues upstairs and is adopted by a good family. Apparently he just picks up stuff from other kids desks, the library, my wife's desk, etc. all day long. Especially candy. Apparently he is very conflicted about it and it really is a compulsion.

She also says he is super sharp and observant. She says he catches EVERYTHING that goes on, which is how he is able to keep nabbing things even with a room full of people around who know he's a thief. I told her he needs to be in law enforcement, which she told me he does want to be a policeman when he grows up. Man I hope that kid goes the right way in life.

This is odd.

This is odd.
Well the kid has a gift for observation. I would rather see that put to good use rather than bad.

ETA: He is only a 2nd grader....lots of time to still develop into a productive member of society.

Users who are viewing this thread