What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

18 Overrated Beers - via Deadspin (1 Viewer)

Miller High Life: Way too many otherwise tasteful people regard this as the cream of the ####-brew crop. It's not. High Life is markedly inferior to Pabst Blue Ribbon, Busch Light, and Schlitz.
Better

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than Heady Topper, which I haven't had and hear it's worth the trouble, no complaints.

I must admit that I have a soft spot, possibly an unwarranted one, for Moosehead. My HS football coach used to have some of us over his house for cookouts on the weekend, and we would accidentally get it served to us.

Heineken tastes like a root beer float except instead of root beer you used bad beer and instead of ice cream you used misery.

Great list as those are all crap. I just got back from OBF and even on an off year from them they still were able to produce at least 10 better beers.

I like Stella. :shrug:
Yeah, Stella is solid. Much better from a European tap, but it's basically an average and relatively cheap Euro beer that becomes some sort of sought after import in the U.S. That's not what it is, they don't compete with the Paulaners, Grimbergens and Bamburgers. It's an every day beer you can find almost anywhere, and it's good on tap when extra cold IMO.

I must admit that I have a soft spot, possibly an unwarranted one, for Moosehead. My HS football coach used to have some of us over his house for cookouts on the weekend, and we would accidentally get it served to us.
Sounds like the kind of coach that would always offer to "spot" you...in the shower.

1. Firestone Walker Union Jack; Paso Robles, CA; 7.5 percent ABV
Not sure if it is #1 but this is an outstanding IPA.
Yeah, we'll go with #1
Holy crap, I was gonna ask one of you west coast fellows to mail me some, but two local liquor stores carry it. :excited:

The reviews are through the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnG06-oYcg

Yeah, we'll go with #1
Holy crap, I was gonna ask one of you west coast fellows to mail me some, but two local liquor stores carry it. :excited:

An instant classic, Union Jack is the recipient of numerous awards including back to back wins at the Great American Beer Festival. Union Jack is abound with hop aroma and character. In fact this well balanced, west coast IPA is dry hopped 3 separate times, each lot giving it more and more of the grapefruit citrus hop aroma and flavor it is known for. Overall it utilizes over 4 pounds of pacific northwest hops per barrel.

:lmao:

Yeah, we'll go with #1

You need to get that, but check the dates with you being so far away.

IIRRC, FW has dates stamped on the neck near the label.

Yeah, we'll go with #1

An instant classic, Union Jack is the recipient of numerous awards including back to back wins at the Great American Beer Festival. Union Jack is abound with hop aroma and character. In fact this well balanced, west coast IPA is dry hopped 3 separate times, each lot giving it more and more of the grapefruit citrus hop aroma and flavor it is known for. Overall it utilizes over 4 pounds of pacific northwest hops per barrel. :lmao:
This is one you're wrong on, sugar t!ts.

Stella Artois: This is clearly just Belgium ####### with us. Stella Artois has to be the very worst beer they make.
I drink a lot of Stella. I like a pale lager, especially when I want something light and easy to drink. Stella is on tap at a lot of places. I like it.

Stella Artois: This is clearly just Belgium ####### with us. Stella Artois has to be the very worst beer they make.
I drink a lot of Stella. I like a pale lager, especially when I wasnt something light and easy to drink. Stella is on tap at a lot of places. I like it.
The logic seems to be, because Belgium produces a lot of fantastic beers, you can't possibly enjoy this one.

Nice to see someone acknowledge Yuengling's overratedness.
And yet not explain himself. I dont think anyone outside of southeastern PA and southern Jersey drinks the stuff. So how could it be overrated?
Its cheap around me (Western NY) I prefer it over Blue and Canadian (for a cheap "domestic")
Yuengling's perfect for what it is, a nice cheap average beer. Their Summer Wheat has been my go-to backyard beer this summer.

Solid list overall.
Yuengling's perfect for what it is, a nice cheap average beer. Their Summer Wheat has been my go-to backyard beer this summer.

Solid list overall.
Yeah, for the price, it is tough to beat. You can get an actual lager for the same price as the mainstream domestic beers.
See, Insein, folks generally speak well of it.

It's highly rated, particularly for the price.

See what happens when I say the reason it's the same price as Coors is because it's no better than Coors.

And yet not explain himself. I dont think anyone outside of southeastern PA and southern Jersey drinks the stuff. So how could it be overrated?
Its cheap around me (Western NY) I prefer it over Blue and Canadian (for a cheap "domestic")

Solid list overall.

Solid list overall.
Yeah, for the price, it is tough to beat. You can get an actual lager for the same price as the mainstream domestic beers.
See, Insein, folks generally speak well of it.It's highly rated, particularly for the price.

See what happens when I say the reason it's the same price as Coors is because it's no better than Coors.
Hmm never knew Yuengling was a national like. One of my gotos since I was 18. Good to see others with taste.

Users who are viewing this thread