What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prince Shembo (1 Viewer)

Webbstar842

Footballguy
He got the start today. Does this mean Bartu's days are over or did he get injured? I don't think Bartu posted even one tackle

Webbstar842 said:
He got the start today. Does this mean Bartu's days are over or did he get injured? I don't think Bartu posted even one tackle
bartu wasn't playing ILB with shembo starting there alongside worrilow. bartu's value is only found in the middle. same problem for him last year really.

Shembo's snaps had been rising while Bartu's had been falling coming into the week. But considering how poorly the defense played today, I wouldn't say any change is permanent.

I chalked up the week three slide in snaps for Barth is that it was a blow out. They have been trying to get Prince in the game, get more snaps and help him get experience against first team starters.

Bartu can play both inside and out. He's not much of a pass rush talent. I think, especially in the absence of anyone else on the Falcons, he's going to be their best pass rusher. He's going to stick in at ILB for the foreseeable future.

The slide started in week 2. I'm not convinced at all that Bartu can play 3-4 OLB. 4-3 OLB sure, but Atlanta is a 3-4 now. And Massaquoi, Maponga, Biermann, and Umenyiora are all better pass rushers than Bartu. None of them are great (or possibly even good) though which is sorta Atlanta's problem.

The slide started in week 2. I'm not convinced at all that Bartu can play 3-4 OLB. 4-3 OLB sure, but Atlanta is a 3-4 now. And Massaquoi, Maponga, Biermann, and Umenyiora are all better pass rushers than Bartu. None of them are great (or possibly even good) though which is sorta Atlanta's problem.
week 2? 8 solo tackles game there. tough to say it was a "slide", imo. bartu isn't effective rushing the QB but then worrilow isn't either. but shembo isn't being asked to play OLB, he's in ILB that *can* pressure the QB. he might be the only guy that can do it on that team really. they need him on the field more than bartu inside. bartu on OLB isn't worth diddly in 3-4.

Weren't we talking snap counts? The slide in snap counts started week 2:

Week 1:

Bartu 53 (71%)

Shembo 10 (13%)

Week 2:

Bartu 42 (59%)

Shembo 30 (42%)

Week 3:

Bartu 19 (32%)

Shembo 28 (47%)

Week 1:

Bartu 53 (71%)

Shembo 10 (13%)

Week 2:

Bartu 42 (59%)

Shembo 30 (42%)

Week 3:

Bartu 19 (32%)

Shembo 28 (47%)
i don't see the point in this kind of exchange really. fact of the matter is that bartu's value has been marginalized. shembo is stepping into the role and has value. he can handle the tackles and is more likely to get a sack than bartu (anyone else on the team really). bartu is droppable, i think.

Shembo's snaps had been rising while Bartu's had been falling coming into the week. But considering how poorly the defense played today, I wouldn't say any change is permanent.
The defense as a whole played poorly, but Shembo was one of two players who graded positively according to Pro Football Focus. I guess you could say he was a bright spot:

D. Orlando Ledbetter@DOrlandoAJC Sep 29
#Falcons DE/T Tyson Jackson (+3.4) and LB Prince Shembo (+2.1) led the team in overall @PFF grade, the only players in the green.

Week 1:

Bartu 53 (71%)

Shembo 10 (13%)

Week 2:

Bartu 42 (59%)

Shembo 30 (42%)

Week 3:

Bartu 19 (32%)

Shembo 28 (47%)
i don't see the point in this kind of exchange really. fact of the matter is that bartu's value has been marginalized. shembo is stepping into the role and has value. he can handle the tackles and is more likely to get a sack than bartu (anyone else on the team really). bartu is droppable, i think.
The point was that snap counts matter, especially when trying to read into nebulous situations we get little to no info on (ie: IDP).

The fact is I couldn't make heads or tails of this:

Bartu can play both inside and out. He's not much of a pass rush talent. I think, especially in the absence of anyone else on the Falcons, he's going to be their best pass rusher. He's going to stick in at ILB for the foreseeable future.
He sucks at pass rushing but will be their best pass rusher?

I'm guessing now the first 'he' refers to Bartu while the second and third 'he' refers to Shembo?

Okay, agreed. Sorry for the confusion.

Week 1:

Bartu 53 (71%)

Shembo 10 (13%)

Week 2:

Bartu 42 (59%)

Shembo 30 (42%)

Week 3:

Bartu 19 (32%)

Shembo 28 (47%)
The point was that snap counts matter, especially when trying to read into nebulous situations we get little to no info on (ie: IDP).

The fact is I couldn't make heads or tails of this:

He sucks at pass rushing but will be their best pass rusher?

I'm guessing now the first 'he' refers to Bartu while the second and third 'he' refers to Shembo?

Okay, agreed. Sorry for the confusion.
pure analysis without context is kind of suspect reporting. snap counts, for example, in a blow out game is misleading analysis. we know they want to get shembo more time at ILB and a blow-out is a a great opportunity for that rookie. after 4 games it's pretty clear that no one on the Falcons is generating much pressure on opposing QBs. they might as well fast track him and see if he can help, right? bartu can rotate in ILB and play OLB too. statements from the coaching staff in the offseason point to how much they like Bartu but he only made sense at ILB under certain conditions.

Getting frustrated with tge shembo and bartu situation.

Started shembo and no ponts by half time but bartu is playing damn

Completely out of left field. Cutting the moment I can. No time for lineup games. Glad they lost this week.

I'm guessing(hoping) it was injury related. He was limited most of the week in practices. Maybe it was a decision to hold him out after warm-ups. We should find out soon enough.

I would be hesitant to cut in dynasty but I have a feeling it's going to be a whole new staff and FO come next season.

I would be hesitant to cut in dynasty but I have a feeling it's going to be a whole new staff and FO come next season.
you actually think someones going to sweep in and take him as soon as hes cut?
I cut Bartu in two leagues and people did even though it had to be clear at that point he was no longer the starter. I doubt the same thing wouldn't happen with Shembo, especially being a rookie with an opportunity.

I have Bartu and Shembo and don,t think i can start either because its a lottery who will play
Had the same exact situation at start of season. Dropped Shembo in week 2. Had that one game & thought I was gonna regret it, but nope. Then Bartu starts off with 2 nice games, and goes to 0, only to get a few tackles last week. I just dropped him too. I don't even care anymore, they're not worth the headache.

Joplo with 6 solos and 9 assists today. Next week it will be Shembo. This is just stupid. Make up your damn mind coaches...

Users who are viewing this thread