What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchry League 5 commentary (1 Viewer)

Timer only goes into effect if there is a huge problem iirc. Usually the first day or two takes a bit to get people on schedule because they dont always know the draft started. (not sure how since you get emails from Anarchy but to each their own).

[SIZE=10pt]The timer has been turned on and set for 8 hours per pick. Hopefully no one will miss a pick, as that historically has posed a lot of problems.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]People that miss a pick will have the system automatically pick a player for the owner based on the highest-ranked available player on the owner's "My Draft List" player rankings, otherwise, it will skip the pick.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I will make a replacement pick based on the owner contacting me and the player he wants still being available AT THE TIME I REVIEW THE NOTIFICATION. I will not take that player away from another team, even if that player was the one the owner really wanted.[/SIZE]

This league is crazy for QBs. KC was the 19th TMQB off the board at the 64th pick. Last year, on average, the 19th TMQB was selected with the 100th pick overall for the 10 Anarchy Leagues. So basically, a difference of almost two and a half rounds earlier.

This league is crazy for QBs. KC was the 19th TMQB off the board at the 64th pick. Last year, on average, the 19th TMQB was selected with the 100th pick overall for the 10 Anarchy Leagues. So basically, a difference of almost two and a half rounds earlier.
I feel great about getting KCQB where I did, top 10 QB as my 2nd and I think they'll do a little better this yr

I feel great about getting KCQB where I did, top 10 QB as my 2nd and I think they'll do a little better this yr
Depends on how people look at things. KC was the #15 TMQB in the regular season and then moved up to #12 on the strength of a huge playoff game. IMO, not a ton of upside for where they were taken (64th pick). In fact, from a value perspective, KC would have to improve on their QB numbers from last year to make the pick worth it.

My point was, there will still be TMQBs available much later on that will not be terrible options . . . especially given that 7 teams have already taken two of them.

as a die hard KC fan....I think you will be very disappointed....they really did nothing to improve the passing game and they lost 3 very good offensive lineman......this team has regression written all over it.....add to the fact they have to play the Broncos twice who improved tremendously on defense and that the Chiefs have to play the NFC west this year with those tough defenses, I see them struggling to put up the numbers the did last year......just my two cents

Maybe, I'm still green at this but when I search the FA QBs it's ugly. Reid ' system usually gets good QB numbers.

2 things go though my thought process, will this guy make it back to me and do they have a good chance of making playoffs and giving me that extra game or 2

In the interest of sparking debate, here are the spots where winning Anarchy teams picked their QBs over the past two years . . .

1: 51, 248

2: 43, 246

3: 89, 249

4: 29, 221

5: 30, 94

6: 254, 281

7: 15, 50

8: 80, 177

9: 2, 127

10: 14, 115

2012:

1: 70, 102

2: 48, 209

3: 27, 38

4: 106, 234

5: 1, 96

6: 125, 157

7: 6, 91

8: 262, 283

9: 5, 69

10: 96, 97

In the interest of sparking debate, here are the spots where winning Anarchy teams picked their QBs over the past two years . . .

2012:

Apparently, no rhyme or reason to it.

2012:

Apparently, no rhyme or reason to it.
basically if u got a 300 pt QB late you won

I understand Green is breakout candidate but I can't understand how Gates falls so far after the yr he had.

Theres been 18 TEs taken and 22 QBs taken by pick 7.01, crazy

basically if u got a 300 pt QB late you won
I doubt QB differs much from any other position, in such respect. Getting a top player in the Mr. Irrelevant territory of a draft boosts a team significantly, no matter the player's position.

And this comes from one of the few drafters yet to have taken a QB. Let's see if I can pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were actually some excellent player picks in the last round of League 5 last year.

Marvin Jones (Mr. Irrelevant) 209.70

Doug Baldwin 197.60

Nate Washington 167.90

There were also three picks that turned into zeroes and someone else that scored fewer than 10 points, so it is definitely a slippery slope.

There were actually some excellent player picks in the last round of League 5 last year.

Marvin Jones (Mr. Irrelevant) 209.70

Doug Baldwin 197.60

Nate Washington 167.90

There were also three picks that turned into zeroes and someone else that scored fewer than 10 points, so it is definitely a slippery slope.
Fortunately, there's no chance of a zero from the QB position.

Every league and draft is different, and if you really felt like you just had to take the KC QB where you did because someone else was going to grab them, then so be it.

But as a comparison, you took KC QB with the 64th pick as QB19 in League 5. I took KC QB with the 164th pick as QB24 in League 2. As you said, you are not as familiar with this league format and what to expect or not to expect, which certainly is understandable. A lot of folks go crazy to take QBs early, but other than the first and maybe second tiers of QB, there really is not a great advantage to taking middle of the road QBs rounds and rounds earlier than you would in a regular redraft league. The only thing you may want to avoid is getting stuck with one of the bottom few QBs, but even getting the last one you can take it with your last round pick when other owners are taking 4th string RB or WR or PK that may or may not have a job.

Every league and draft is different, and if you really felt like you just had to take the KC QB where you did because someone else was going to grab them, then so be it.

But as a comparison, you took KC QB with the 64th pick as QB19 in League 5. I took KC QB with the 164th pick as QB24 in League 2. As you said, you are not as familiar with this league format and what to expect or not to expect, which certainly is understandable. A lot of folks go crazy to take QBs early, but other than the first and maybe second tiers of QB, there really is not a great advantage to taking middle of the road QBs rounds and rounds earlier than you would in a regular redraft league. The only thing you may want to avoid is getting stuck with one of the bottom few QBs, but even getting the last one you can take it with your last round pick when other owners are taking 4th string RB or WR or PK that may or may not have a job.
love to see new blood in these things, especially active and vocal ones like KellysHeros, it helps keep these drafts going each year as things turnover and the discussion heading into the season can be very helpful......each draft IS different and it's just too bad he is playing for second place in this one.....

I suck at these leagues every year and every year I learn nothing from the past. This year is gonna be different though... I hope.

Sum Ting Wong

Kelly is about done

I didn't take any chances, I may not get any breakouts but I didn't want many zeros either... took mostly vets.

Still need to fill Whicker's 14.06 pick. He needs a defense. At this point, with three Defenses left and Instinctive and Kelley's Heroes still needing a second Defense, does Whicker just get whichever one remains after they are done?

Still need to fill Whicker's 14.06 pick. He needs a defense. At this point, with three Defenses left and Instinctive and Kelley's Heroes still needing a second Defense, does Whicker just get whichever one remains after they are done?
I gave Whicker the Falcons D.

3.07 Washington Redskins TMQB

18.10 Jacksonville Jaguars TMQB

I can’t ignore the weapons in WAS. They are going to chuck it and I kind of feel sorry for Morris owners. I could probably QB for WAS and put up some decent numbers. The nice thing about taking WAS is that you know if the top guy goes down, you have a pretty capable backup to step in and your stats shouldn’t take too much of a hit. Targeted WAS in these Anarchy’s, tons of weapons, possible playoffs, and should be in some shootouts. After that, every time I went to pull the trigger on QB2 there was just too much value screaming at me at other positions. And then at some point it didn’t really matter anymore. I have no problem with JAC as my QB2 because I feel I will easily make up whatever points I may fall behind here from other positions. Should keep my head above water here.

2.10 Montee Ball RB DEN

5.07 C.J. Spiller RB BUF

7.07 Lamar Miller RB MIA

15.07 C.J. Anderson RB DEN

Been targeting Ball a bunch in these. DEN is the mother lode of fantasy points and I expect Ball to approach 15 TD’s without breaking a sweat. PPR don’t mean squat here so this is the type of back you want in Anarchy. Spiller’s ceiling made this pick in mid-5th feel like a gift, he is the type of guy that can win you leagues, and he doesn’t need many plays to pile up yards, sign me up! With Moreno having surgery and being out of shape Miller in the mid-7th made the Spiller pick seem like the one present you get to open up on Christmas Eve and then you wake up the next morning and you see your new bike hiding behind the tree. Don’t get me wrong, Spiller is nothing to sneeze at, and Miller isn’t the next coming of ADP, but his current situation is screaming serious production for a very low cost in the 7th. Miller ADP has been skyrocketing, but it seems like it took a while for it to register in these drafts. Being able to wait and handcuff Ball with Anderson in the 15th is almost criminal. Anderson has some stand-alone value IMO, as I think the DEN backfield is one of the few places you can find average to above average production from 2 guys. Should be some playoff game whip cream here too. Plus having two C.J.’s in my RB stable is pretty cool, do I get bonus points for that ####? This is a pretty sweet foursome.

1.07 Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

4.10 Vincent Jackson WR TB

6.10 Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN

8.10 Dwayne Bowe WR KC

12.10 Jordan Mathews WR PHI

16.10 Jermaine Kearse WR SEA

See this is what I was talking about when I said I just couldn’t pull the trigger on another TMQB. No discussion needed….you know what’s up.

9.07 Travis Kelce TE KC

17.07 Levine Toilolo TE ATL

Okay, okay….so I had to pump the brakes a little on the steamroller just to make sure they work. My thoughts on TE…..they are very top heavy this year. The top 4 may get you some separation from the pack, but after that we are all kind of scrambling for some points and we’ll be packed together. I am usually a TE guy in these, have often gone 3 deep, one year I took Gronk, Graham, and Hernandez in the first 5 rounds and ran away with the league (yeah it was that year). I will lose some ground here even to the guys who took 3, but for waiting until the 9th to snag my first and then the 17th for my second, hey I got two starters who will see the field. As teams shut down Charles this year (I won’t touch him at his ADP this year) Smith will look to Kelce who is much more athletic than any TE they had last year. KC did little to nothing to upgrade their passing game; I could see Kelce being 2nd in targets/catches. Whoever that big ####er from ATL is, at least he may get some TD’s and 40 catches.

11.07 Matt Prater PK DEN

13.07 Adam Vinatieri PK IND

After 9 rounds I really liked where I was except for the points I thought I might be losing at TE having waited so long. To be honest, I thought I had an above average to well above average start at all of the other positions. So I decided to try and employ a strategy to help me recoup some ground at TE. I made the commitment to try and be strong at the two positions that were left. Part of being strong and recouping points here was hoping to squeeze out some playoff games and get some high octane offense kickers and solid DST’s. Mission accomplished here.

10.10 Denver Broncos DST

14.10 Arizona Cardinals DST

I hate the ####### Donkeys but obviously I have been able to put that aside when it comes to fantasy. DEN DST makes my 5th Donkey. Running game on lockdown, 2 of their 3 starting WR’s, their ####### kicker and their DST. The DST added Ward, Ware, and Talib to a group that was already pretty good with Von Miller, etc. They get Wolfe back as well and they drafted some help. Sacks and turnovers should be a plenty as teams try to keep pace with the DEN offense. Arizona DST kept hanging around a little for some reason (maybe I am missing something) and was a much better option at DST2 then I thought I was going to have. They added Ginn to the return game, so besides all the other stuff, there could be a handful of special team return TD’s here. Mission 2 accomplished.

Overall: JAC TMQB and TE might be a little bit of a concern, but I like the rest, a lot. If I get some unexpected love out of Henne and the JAC boys and my TE’s…. I could be in the mix. Should have a good shot at quite a few extra games, which I didn’t use to think was that big of a deal, but as I saw some of the leagues go down to the wire last year, it can really make a difference. Dem Thomas scored almost 80 extra points last year just in the playoffs, that’s almost like adding another PK. I expect DEN, PHI, SEA, IND to be there and maybe WAS and/or ATL. I liked my Mathews pick in the 12th, he may end up being startable in redrafts, and after hearing the news of Rice’s retirement I thought Kearse got a nice bump even though I thought he was draftable anyway, solid late pick for my flex. Enjoyed this draft more than some others because I really felt I was able to capitalize on some value being in the middle, I think some may have still been having a PPR for RB hangover and that may have helped. Enjoyed it boys….good luck in your quest for second place!

:banned:

Maybe, I'm still green at this but when I search the FA QBs it's ugly. Reid ' system usually gets good QB numbers.

2 things go though my thought process, will this guy make it back to me and do they have a good chance of making playoffs and giving me that extra game or 2
A couple of years ago I was defaulted Car QB in the 18th as the last available. Cam put up top 5 numbers.

Last year I finished in 2nd place with NYJ QB at 18.16. Only lost the league because I missed a pick and Anarchy was sticking people with bad players last year. I got stuck with Leshoure and his 0.9 pts. rather than Moreno or FJax.

The bottom 2/3 of the QBs are going to finish with 150 pts of each other. A majority of these QB picks are putting teams in a 100+ pt hole prior to week one.

A couple of years ago I was defaulted Car QB in the 18th as the last available. Cam put up top 5 numbers.

Last year I finished in 2nd place with NYJ QB at 18.16. Only lost the league because I missed a pick and Anarchy was sticking people with bad players last year. I got stuck with Leshoure and his 0.9 pts. rather than Moreno or FJax.

The bottom 2/3 of the QBs are going to finish with 150 pts of each other. A majority of these QB picks are putting teams in a 100+ pt hole prior to week one.
This is my first time, hopefully I won't make a fool out of myself.

Users who are viewing this thread