What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1943 dime. (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
I found a 1943 dime yesterday. I barely recognized it as American currency. It was worth over $1.00 alone in silver value. Pretty cool. Feels like I'm in the future.

Yeah but what round would take the Dime in? Seems to be getting up there in age, I can't see him being more than a 12th rounder at this stage in his career.

Thought there'd be a link to a hot chick in the 1940's.

:kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
the other day i stepped in gum and i was pretty pod about it and you know what pod means take that to the bank brohans

It would be much cooler if the rest of you would celebrate our fellow FBG's financial windfall instead of being a bunch of jerks!

a couple of weeks ago, while moving an old antique dresser that had been in the family for several generations, I found a 1883 US silver dollar wedged beneath one of the drawers. That was pretty cool

a couple of weeks ago, while moving an old antique dresser that had been in the family for several generations, I found a 1883 US silver dollar wedged beneath one of the drawers. That was pretty cool
If it is an 1883 S it could be worth up to 500.00

And really if his dime is in at least good condition it's worth about a 1.70. An uncirculated S would get you about 6.00

I believe it's an O. and it has lots of tarnish.
Well the best O is worth about 40.00 . I would think you can clean the tarnish off without affecting the finish.

Well the best O is worth about 40.00 . I would think you can clean the tarnish off without affecting the finish.
Not really worth it. I think it's pretty cool to keep around.

A while back, I saw a show about flipping coins. IIRC, the best coin to flip was an old silver dollar - pleasing size & weight, great differentiation between heads and tails, and a spectacular ringing sound when it lands on the table. So, I think I'm going to keep this coin around as the ***official*** moleculo family coin flip coin, to be used to settle family debates & arguments.

eta: segment on best coin. They settled on a 1855 half dollar, but my silver dollar is probably better.

A while back, I saw a show about flipping coins. IIRC, the best coin to flip was an old silver dollar - pleasing size & weight, great differentiation between heads and tails, and a spectacular ringing sound when it lands on the table. So, I think I'm going to keep this coin around as the ***official*** moleculo family coin flip coin, to be used to settle family debates & arguments.

eta: segment on best coin. They settled on a 1855 half dollar, but my silver dollar is probably better.
Sounds like a fine use for it.

Eminence said:
I found a 1943 dime yesterday. I barely recognized it as American currency. It was worth over $1.00 alone in silver value. Pretty cool. Feels like I'm in the future.
Does it worth more than the 20 "special" nickels that I owe Otis? I forgot which year he wanted.

Just don't be like that old man on tv and spend it at Taco Bell.

A couple years ago I was searching my mother-in-laws house for grandmas hidden gold jewelry, everyone assumed it was hidden because no one could find it after she died, anyways I was blindly reaching into the back of an old foot pump organ and felt a box, pulled the box out and it had a decent amount of weight. I decided to wait until everyone got back to open it because I was sure it was the gold and it turned out to be full of silver coins and silver certificates rather than gold. I videod the "grand opening" and the first thing into the frame was my 6 year old hand reaching in to grasp a handful of silver. It was worth about $500 when silver was $20 an ounce.

The good news is that if grandma hid silver she probably hid other things, the bad news is that she died in the late 1960s so its possible she hid the gold in some other piece of furniture that was sold or thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread