What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ebay question (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I buy some things off of Ebay a lot. This morning, I woke up and saw something with a Buy It Now price that was incredibly cheap. Price was $10. I would guess the price should have been anywhere from $60 to $90. So, obviously, I bought it right away.

Then, around noon, I got a confirmation that the item had shipped. About 30 minutes later I got an email from the seller saying, "Hey. One of my employees made a mistake. Call me when you get a chance."

My guess is he's going to say the wrong price was entered. Now, he's not an individual, but a store. And he's not new to Ebay, he has around 22,000 ratings.

So my question here is:

If he says the wrong price was listed, what is the right thing to do? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you quote a price, seems like you should honor it. What's the correct thing in this situation?

That's a tough one, i will hag up and listen. I know if i see an item missed while checking out i will usually alert the cashier but if i get home and notice it i am not driving back to let them know. Tough one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough #### Nancy, you entered the wrong price, send me my #### or I'm giving you negative feedback. 22,000 items sold? I think they'll be okay.

"No reason to talk, just get me my stuff in a week or so. Hugs and Kisses the Shiek"
They listed a price, and you payed it.

I'm going to call some people I just sold some furniture to and tell them the price is actually more than what was listed and that they payed... please pay up, suckahs.

I would pay more but only up to what I thought I would have still bought it for. Also I would look at the seller's feedback and you can easily tell if the seller is a decent person or not by the feedback % they have.

It's like when Homer wanted to charge the Van Houtens an extra $695 when they had already paid the agreed $5 to see Stampy.

I buy some things off of Ebay a lot. This morning, I woke up and saw something with a Buy It Now price that was incredibly cheap. Price was $10. I would guess the price should have been anywhere from $60 to $90. So, obviously, I bought it right away.

Then, around noon, I got a confirmation that the item had shipped. About 30 minutes later I got an email from the seller saying, "Hey. One of my employees made a mistake. Call me when you get a chance."

My guess is he's going to say the wrong price was entered. Now, he's not an individual, but a store. And he's not new to Ebay, he has around 22,000 ratings.

So my question here is:

If he says the wrong price was listed, what is the right thing to do? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you quote a price, seems like you should honor it. What's the correct thing in this situation?
Counter with a suicide bombing.

Ebay to some degree allows the seller to reneg on the sale, even more so than a buyer can reneg. Buyer/seller remorse happens, so Ebay has learned to deal with it as best they can.

But you have every right to leave negative feedback for them for the reneg, just as they can on you if you reneg on buying it.

Probably good to talk to the seller about it. Might be a nice guy and you just let it go, or he offers a really good deal on the item you wanted. Or he's a jerk, and negative feedback is the right response.

Don't leave negative feedback unless you want the same (unless they have already left tiu feedback of course).

I had an issue one time because the item I bought didn't work with my TV...I asked if I could send it back, they said sorry all sales are final. I told them it would benefit us both to avoid negative feedback, and that they weren't losing any money on the deal so why not just let me return it. They had no negative feedback and didn't want any so they caved.

Guy finally emailed me back and wrote a very nice email. He said that his employee was new and made a mistake. He said he'd understand if I wanted to only pay the original price but he had hoped I'd allow him to pull the item back and resell it for the correct price. OR, he said if I still wanted it, he could maybe discount it for me.

I thought about this a while. If it was an honest mistake, I'd feel bad for taking it. I actually paid $6.95. He said it should have been $69.95. So I sent him back a reply and said that I'd send him another $35 if that was good. I feel like I'm being overly generous here, considering I could have just told him to go pound sand.

Was this an acceptable gesture?

Guy finally emailed me back and wrote a very nice email. He said that his employee was new and made a mistake. He said he'd understand if I wanted to only pay the original price but he had hoped I'd allow him to pull the item back and resell it for the correct price. OR, he said if I still wanted it, he could maybe discount it for me.

I thought about this a while. If it was an honest mistake, I'd feel bad for taking it. I actually paid $6.95. He said it should have been $69.95. So I sent him back a reply and said that I'd send him another $35 if that was good. I feel like I'm being overly generous here, considering I could have just told him to go pound sand.

More than acceptable.

I think it's acceptable. He's not trying to screw you over in any way.

Online stores make pricing errors and they have no problem canceling orders. Especially if it's an obvious error. :shrug:

Online stores make pricing errors and they have no problem canceling orders. Especially if it's an obvious error. :shrug:
I just didn't want him to think I was trying to screw him over either. I'm trying to make it fair to both of us.

I just didn't want him to think I was trying to screw him over either. I'm trying to make it fair to both of us.
You're a good man, Sheik.

I would not have offered more money- but I'm a cheap shyster.

Don't leave negative feedback unless you want the same (unless they have already left tiu feedback of course).

I had an issue one time because the item I bought didn't work with my TV...I asked if I could send it back, they said sorry all sales are final. I told them it would benefit us both to avoid negative feedback, and that they weren't losing any money on the deal so why not just let me return it. They had no negative feedback and didn't want any so they caved.
Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore.

Why is that?

Why is that?
:shrug: Ebay changed their rules. You can only select positive when you leave feedback as a seller. Your verbiage can be negative of course, but no one reads those.

Users who are viewing this thread