What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you win a fight with a (1 Viewer)

Could you beat up a 135 woman MMA fighter

• Yes

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 94 61.4%

• Total voters

Cavalier

Footballguy
I am a 6'3 195 pound male with some martial arts training and many street fights before the age of 16, I am 41 now and I am not so sure I would not take a beating but with my size alone I think I should win.

Edit: This is not in a ring, this is a fight on the streets. Also if you think you would win or lose say why.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'1" 195, athletic, moderately strong. Know how to throw a punch.

To be honest I have no idea...interesting question for your typical guy that hasn't been in a lot of fights.

I would guess yes, but I wouldn't call it a slam dunk.

Do I have nut protection? Do I get to train?

I'm 6'1" 195, athletic, moderately strong. Know how to throw a punch.To be honest I have no idea...interesting question for your typical guy that hasn't been in a lot of fights.I would guess yes, but I wouldn't call it a slam dunk. Do I have nut protection? Do I get to train?
No and no. What makes this hard is why I don't think they could get in a submission position, who knows what happens if I they can break an arm or choke you out you are done. On hit to the balls, who knows.

I'd just have to hit her once. Not bragging, just stating a fact from previous experience fighting other men bigger than me.

I'm 6'1" 195, athletic, moderately strong. Know how to throw a punch.To be honest I have no idea...interesting question for your typical guy that hasn't been in a lot of fights.I would guess yes, but I wouldn't call it a slam dunk. Do I have nut protection? Do I get to train?
No and no. What makes this hard is why I don't think they could get in a submission position, who knows what happens if I they can break an arm or choke you out you are done. On hit to the balls, who knows.
Agreed

Many of you are overestimating your chins.
260 pounds and a chin of granite. I would like to have 8 weeks to get in better shape, but I don't think no 135-pound MMA chick is going to kick my ###. (Except for possibly Cyborg --145 pounds -- and I'm not convinced she's a woman). :banned:

Ive been in a lot of fights. And most people overestimate their ability to take a punch.
I don't think in many situations the 135 pounder takes a dude out with one punch. I know for a fact if she tries to punch me in the face when I am a foot taller, it puts her in a bad situation. I have been pounded on until the white of my eyes were filled with blood. Never felt any pain from the hits and was dead cold sober. I know I can take a punch but can I hit her? Out cardio her? (no). Even if I her her it probably will not be a knock out blow, as she has taken many hits before and knows how to take and avoid punches. She has more weapons than me and has seen my weapons and dealt with them against much better male fighters sparing. If I bum rush her and smother her, she has much better skills on the ground. I think if I don't stun her with a good punch early, I am in trouble.

I have a moderate amount of combatives training, have won my share of fights against marines and soldiers and I am fairly certain that I would lose the fight.

Although you didn't say "win the fight" isn't that implied? So it comes down to whether you'd be willing to pick up and use a weapon against her. In self defense I would but not otherwise.

I have a moderate amount of combatives training, have won my share of fights against marines and soldiers and I am fairly certain that I would lose the fight.Although you didn't say "win the fight" isn't that implied? So it comes down to whether you'd be willing to pick up and use a weapon against her. In self defense I would but not otherwise.
Hand to hand combat no weapons. The winner will be judged like a street fight. Last one to respond or first to quit loses. All fights will go to the other can not continue.

Cyborg? I dunno because she is technically a dude. The girls that fought last night I would wage yes I could win. If it was with Gina I would have more trouble fighting wood than her fists.

Everyone keeps talking about taking a punch from one of them. I'd be more worried about taking a kick to the side of the head. One well placed shot and it's night night time.

That being said...I'm 6'5, 275. If I get her to ground it's probably over pretty quick.

Cyborg is intimidating but remember she is throwing around other 140lb women. Put her in the ring with a 6ft man with decent strength and her ground game would likely be much less impressive.

Having said that, I'd say I would win less than 50% of the time.

You would get your ### kicked and with no rules it wouldn't even be close. A trained boxer or mma fight is one of the deadlest weapons on this planet.If you're still standing after two minutes you're huffing and puffing they are just getting warmed up.

Go down to your local club strap on some body gear and let them work you over for a few minutes.

Everyone keeps talking about taking a punch from one of them. I'd be more worried about taking a kick to the side of the head. One well placed shot and it's night night time.That being said...I'm 6'5, 275. If I get her to ground it's probably over pretty quick.
This is pretty much what I'd say. If she strikes in space and you don't see it coming, anything is possible. But IF I get the slightest opening to move in and wrap her up, I don't see how she is going to hurt me with her arms AND legs pinned. Sure, she can head butt me but I can head butt her also. I like my chances in that exchange.Then I make her smell my arm pits and she taps out.

There's an awful lot of studs in the FFA. I didn't realize that most of you were so tough.
Any decent sized guy who's been in a few fights would have a puncher's chance.
True but 40% of the FFA are saying they'd win. I'm guessing well over 60% of us haven't been in a significant fight in years and haven't taken any sort of punch/kick to the head or face by anyone with fighting skills. Doesn't matter if the opponent is male or female they still pack quite a punch/kick and most of would be knocked out in a matter of seconds. I'm not doubting the guys well over 6 feet and 200 pounds or the smaller guys with some mma, wrestling or some other skills but that number is much less than 40%.

There's an awful lot of studs in the FFA. I didn't realize that most of you were so tough.
Any decent sized guy who's been in a few fights would have a puncher's chance.
True but 40% of the FFA are saying they'd win. I'm guessing well over 60% of us haven't been in a significant fight in years and haven't taken any sort of punch/kick to the head or face by anyone with fighting skills. Doesn't matter if the opponent is male or female they still pack quite a punch/kick and most of would be knocked out in a matter of seconds. I'm not doubting the guys well over 6 feet and 200 pounds or the smaller guys with some mma, wrestling or some other skills but that number is much less than 40%.
The question posed is "could" you win, not "would" you win. I'm sure there's a fair number of guys who could win.

Here is a women's 135 lb. MMA match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDNROm4MYQDo they look intimidating to any of you? Just asking.
yep
I'm not disrespecting their skill and dedication. I just don't see anything which would make you hesitant to step in there with them.
I'm not much bigger than 135 lbs, and I've never been in a fight. They don't look particularly intimidating to me, but I'd imagine that I don't look particularly intimidating to them, either.

Users who are viewing this thread