What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Arms on AMC (1 Viewer)

A reality show about arm wrestling? And to think I was worried how AMC would replace Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

I love they way they try to build drama around these guys needing the money. 4 guys travel cross country to compete for a chance at a grand. What they potentially win doesn't even cover traveling expenses for one member of the visiting team.

Meathead glory.

Chase Stuart said:
Ethan (the Kansas City Kid) is ridiculous. What the hell is going on there?
I have no idea. Kids arms arm smaller than mine and he just wrecks people. His matches aren't even close. Im looking forward to KC vs Erie. Those 2 are easily the best teams.

can anyone beat the that peacocking guy from Pennsylvania?
No, he's one of the best in the world. Only guy with a shot is the other guy on his team.
http://www.amctv.com/shows/game-of-arms/teams/erie/travis-bagent

Yeah, Travis seems pretty safe.

I will give Mike Selearis credit for holding his own against Nick Zinna: http://www.amctv.com/shows/game-of-arms/teams/kansas-city/nick-zinna

Even though he cheats and seems to only succeed by getting into the heads of his opponents, beating Zinna with the straps on earned my respect.

Ethan from KC won again, kid amazes me. Although he had his hands full with someone equally as quick. Was shocked the old man beat Cobra, figured him in a walkover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethan from KC won again, kid amazes me. Although he had his hands full with someone equally as quick. Was shocked the old man beat Cobra, figured him in a walkover.
Yeah, it was kind of weird seeing Ethan lose once and struggle in his wins. Not sure if that makes me more or less impressed.

Travis is so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous. Would like to see him against Dave Chaffee -- they must be so annoyed carrying out 3 dead weights.

Yeah, it was kind of weird seeing Ethan lose once and struggle in his wins. Not sure if that makes me more or less impressed.Travis is so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous. Would like to see him against Dave Chaffee -- they must be so annoyed carrying out 3 dead weights.
Bagent is ranked #1 in the country left handed, Chaffee is unranked. Bagent would win lefty. Right handed, Chaffee is #2 and Bagent #4. That would be a great matchup.

Yeah, it was kind of weird seeing Ethan lose once and struggle in his wins. Not sure if that makes me more or less impressed.Travis is so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous. Would like to see him against Dave Chaffee -- they must be so annoyed carrying out 3 dead weights.
Bagent is ranked #1 in the country left handed, Chaffee is unranked. Bagent would win lefty. Right handed, Chaffee is #2 and Bagent #4. That would be a great matchup.
Chaffee wins right handed i think. Bagent left obviously. Erie has the two best guys of any team by far.

This show is mildly entertaining if there's absolutely nothing better on. I saw four episodes, and one would have been enough.

What do you think they'll do this week? Hey, the same guys are arm wrestling! Just like last week. And the week before that.

A lot of hype for the Travis/Don match last week, which was kind of silly. Travis overpowered him other than in that third round, which they said was a great match, but the camera did a terrible job showing it.

It looks like next week is a battle royal style tournament, which means the teams no longer count. So my guess is we'll see Travis and Chaffee in the finals. Next year, those two need to find some good arm wrestlers in Erie -- it's crazy how often Erie loses.

I guess we figured out that the disparity between each other's arms is about even :P

Great ending to a strong first season.

I guess we figured out that the disparity between each other's arms is about even :P

Great ending to a strong first season.
When I heard the format, I thought Travis would win. I figured he might be able to get one righty, I didn't think Chaffee could beat him lefty. I guess the discrepancy between #2 and #4 right handed is bigger than I would have though.

Users who are viewing this thread