What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is/was the oldest/first thread in the FFA (1 Viewer)

KCitons

Footballguy
I see old threads pop up now and then. Usually they are 6-7 years old. What was the fist thread started in the FFA? What is the oldest thread still available for posting?

Presumably the first thread on this board was April 14, 2003, when it opened up. Maybe April 11, 2003, when the mods had access. I think it was something like "We can post pictures now!! (Oh well, that was fun)"

So the SP and the FFA started at the same time? For some reason, I thought the FFA was added later.

I don't know, but that was back in the pre-tim era, so whatever the first thread was, it actually wasn't started by him.

So early on, it was just Dodds and Bryant chatting with each other.

Who's hottest polls were probably inconclusive

Last edited by a moderator:
So the SP and the FFA started at the same time? For some reason, I thought the FFA was added later.
The Great Purge took care of a lot of old posts. That's why almost all of my posts are gone from back then. Kind of sad to think about it. :(

Board has been around since at least 2000. When it changed from "old yeller" to the new blue board I think everything was purged.

Serious answer (and I've answered this before):

In the beginning, there was only one forum. Some guy created a thread asking what was everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream. Other posters flamed him for not discussing football. Joe Bryant came to his defense and wrote a post about "creating a community". Moments later the FFA came into being with that thread.

In the beginning, there was only one forum. Some guy created a thread asking what was everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream. Other posters flamed him for not discussing football. Joe Bryant came to his defense and wrote a post about "creating a community". Moments later the FFA came into being with that thread.
If that's true, it happened at old yeller. On this board, the Shark Pool and FFA started at the same time.

If that's true, it happened at old yeller. On this board, the Shark Pool and FFA started at the same time.
Yes, of course. As I'm sure you remember, the FFA was on old yeller.

Edit: OIC, your point is that it's no longer the "oldest" because it's dead. It was the first, though.

Yes, of course. As I've sure you remember, the FFA was on old yeller.
Yeah, the FFA already existed when I first stumbled onto this site.

Yes, of course. As I've sure you remember, the FFA was on old yeller.
Yeah, the FFA already existed when I first stumbled onto this site.
I also remember that the first thread that was popular in the FFA was a Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate.

This is mostly true, except the non-football thread was started by Jon_Mx and it was titled "Obama sucks", even though he was a little-known Senator at the time.

you are correct.

i got wind of this place over at the huddle in 1999/2000 and came over on day 1. there was one forum, the shark pool, there were prolly 4 threads.. being the trouble maker i am i started a thread called 'top 5 rock bands'.

came back the next day and discovered my thread had been moved to a new forum titled 'free for all'. no warning points were issued.

i will claim full credit :bowtie:

you are correct.

i got wind of this place over at the huddle in 1999/2000 and came over on day 1. there was one forum, the shark pool, there were prolly 4 threads.. being the trouble maker i am i started a thread called 'top 5 rock bands'.

came back the next day and discovered my thread had been moved to a new forum titled 'free for all'. no warning points were issued.

i will claim full credit :bowtie:
:tebow:

Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

The Great Purge took care of a lot of old posts. That's why almost all of my posts are gone from back then. Kind of sad to think about it. :(
A long, long time ago, I can still remember how the fishing used to make me smile. And I'd start threads as slipperyslope, provide a hook and lots of rope, and catch the guppy posters by the pile. But naughty words they make Joe shiver, the language filter he'd deliver. Bannings on the doorstep, for every little misstep. I can't remember if I cried when I read the story about Clyde, but something touched me deep inside, the day the laughter died.

So bye-bye friends at Footballguys.

Told a joke I thought was funny, but it made Jeebus cry.

Now Shick! and Joe said "Have a great season, guy."

Singin' this'll be the day my shtick dies. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

Did you get Chipotle love, or know Lake City Gar spoken of in the Family Feud thread? And did you partake in a cornhole? Can JB save your mortal soul? And can you teach Fro to set up us the poll? Not a single post became immune when the mods began our threads to prune. They'd kick off all the Jews, if they shared their non-Christian views. Don't circumvent the filters with words like "####." We can't have those free thoughts run amuck. But I knew my post would be struck, the day the laughter died.

I started singin'...

Bye-bye friends at Footballguys.

Singin' I just learned that "MILF" doesn't fly. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

Now for three years we've been on Big Blue and boredom's begun to accrue, but that's not how it used to be. And how the hell did it come to be that I'd wax nostalgic for Kid C? That's something no one could foresee. Oh, but it's the censorship I hate. They made Scoob's signature go straight. Only room for one queer, she'll make those Spics disappear. And while IC Alkies went to fight, he vowed to drive throughout the night. That death match would have been a sight the day the laughter died.

We were singin'...

Singin' I just posted pics of hair pie. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

Now cliques provide some makeshift shelter for Zartan, Zippy and sometimes "Felter," but boredom in :e: is rising fast. Paranoia reached critical mass. The mods filtered words like "####" and "###," and things just weren't as funny as in the past. The Russian Bride Draft was so sublime, I could "Spot the Portman" every time. ThomasA's smack advanced, but fatguy kicked him in the pants. As the fishing pole was expertly reeled, the poster's ID was concealed, then Shick!'s powers they were revealed, the day the laughter died.

We started singin'...

Singin' I just wrote, "The Bush twins are bi-." This'll be the day my shtick dies.

So here we sit now with threads erased, our memories only to embrace - those threads that always made us grin. 'Cause "gllllll peas" posted Rocko, Peens fought Pick, Punk and his family were a ####, and "forget it" was likely to offend. Oh and as Imp spewed into a rage, the fight spilled over to The Cage. No poster seen before was such a drama whore. And as the flames died down on this ifight, I hoped that it might reignite, but the mods removed it from the site, the day the laughter died.

And we were singin'...

Sinigin' that's somebody's daughter's browneye.. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

This username it soon will die. I've heard that some may use aliai, but IP bans can cause dismay. I might still login as WetDream, when posters ask about facial cream or when someone calls the fanny pack too gay. They rename threads about mammaries. We need a thread about hooters please. For years that thread was okay, but deemed uncouth yesterday. And the three best posters in the room - Happy Schnapps, Beckster and Viv Darkbloom - are gone for good, I must assume, the day the laughter died.

And they were singin'

Singin' my warning level's gettin' high. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

They were singin' . . . Bye-bye shiny, Max and fatguy.

Singin' this'll be the day my shtick dies.

A long, long time ago, I can still remember how the fishing used to make me smile. And I'd start threads as slipperyslope, provide a hook and lots of rope, and catch the guppy posters by the pile. But naughty words they make Joe shiver, the language filter he'd deliver. Bannings on the doorstep, for every little misstep. I can't remember if I cried when I read the story about Clyde, but something touched me deep inside, the day the laughter died.

Did you get Chipotle love, or know Lake City Gar spoken of in the Family Feud thread? And did you partake in a cornhole? Can JB save your mortal soul? And can you teach Fro to set up us the poll? Not a single post became immune when the mods began our threads to prune. They'd kick off all the Jews, if they shared their non-Christian views. Don't circumvent the filters with words like "####." We can't have those free thoughts run amuck. But I knew my post would be struck, the day the laughter died.

I started singin'...

Singin' I just learned that "MILF" doesn't fly. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

Now for three years we've been on Big Blue and boredom's begun to accrue, but that's not how it used to be. And how the hell did it come to be that I'd wax nostalgic for Kid C? That's something no one could foresee. Oh, but it's the censorship I hate. They made Scoob's signature go straight. Only room for one queer, she'll make those Spics disappear. And while IC Alkies went to fight, he vowed to drive throughout the night. That death match would have been a sight the day the laughter died.

We were singin'...

Now cliques provide some makeshift shelter for Zartan, Zippy and sometimes "Felter," but boredom in :e: is rising fast. Paranoia reached critical mass. The mods filtered words like "####" and "###," and things just weren't as funny as in the past. The Russian Bride Draft was so sublime, I could "Spot the Portman" every time. ThomasA's smack advanced, but fatguy kicked him in the pants. As the fishing pole was expertly reeled, the poster's ID was concealed, then Shick!'s powers they were revealed, the day the laughter died.

We started singin'...

Singin' I just wrote, "The Bush twins are bi-." This'll be the day my shtick dies.

So here we sit now with threads erased, our memories only to embrace - those threads that always made us grin. 'Cause "gllllll peas" posted Rocko, Peens fought Pick, Punk and his family were a ####, and "forget it" was likely to offend. Oh and as Imp spewed into a rage, the fight spilled over to The Cage. No poster seen before was such a drama whore. And as the flames died down on this ifight, I hoped that it might reignite, but the mods removed it from the site, the day the laughter died.

And we were singin'...

Sinigin' that's somebody's daughter's browneye.. This'll be the day my shtick dies.

This username it soon will die. I've heard that some may use aliai, but IP bans can cause dismay. I might still login as WetDream, when posters ask about facial cream or when someone calls the fanny pack too gay. They rename threads about mammaries. We need a thread about hooters please. For years that thread was okay, but deemed uncouth yesterday. And the three best posters in the room - Happy Schnapps, Beckster and Viv Darkbloom - are gone for good, I must assume, the day the laughter died.

And they were singin'

Out ####### standing.

I started singin'...

We were singin'...

We started singin'...

And we were singin'...

And they were singin'

This wins the internet

In the beginning there was RSFF (circa 1993). It was the marriage of fantasy football and the internet. The hobby took off exponentially after that.

Some odd characters amassed there. donny, gough, MBastard, fugee, beezmach...

I miss Bill Beal. :cry:

Yeah, that was a long time ago. December 2001 was not the very beginning, since I started writing for FBG in June 2001 and I had been on the message board for a while before that. But still, what a trip down memory lane -- Cobalt Cruisin', Jets94, Happy Schnapps, Gigantomachia, Kid Charlemagne, AnOmlet, Smoo, Gold Dragon, Gatorman, kestrel...

Users who are viewing this thread