What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite "non-hit" song by a major artist (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
OK, the rules are that the artist has to be famous, somebody everyone knows, and the song is one that you love but never got any radio play, and casual fans of the artist may not be familiar with it.

Two examples for me:

"Growin' Up" by Bruce Springsteen

"Moonlight Mile" by the Rolling Stones

Winter by The Rolling Stones

Gone from Pop and most of the unreleased stuff from Zooropa by U2. They did themselves a disservice by releasing Numb as the first single. I think they did that with Breathe off of No Line on the Horizon....IMO, might be the best song on there.

Thunderlips said:
Winter by The Rolling Stones

Gone from Pop and most of the unreleased stuff from Zooropa by U2. They did themselves a disservice by releasing Numb as the first single. I think they did that with Breathe off of No Line on the Horizon....IMO, might be the best song on there.
Winter rules. As does the entirety of Zooropa.

Fine Memory

Lotta things went wrong the first 6-7 years; moving away from Capital for 4 years contributed. Live Bullet is a great double album. After that it was a decade + of turning out hits. But the early albums were less formulaic, and there a few gems worth discovering. There's more depth to him than just the top 40 stuff.

TheFly06 said:
oso diablo said:
You sir are my hero, and have earned my respect forever. Such a beautiful song. I encourage all to look up the live performances from 2001. In Boston and Slane Castle. Simply masterful and emotional.
This poster captured my thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

U2 is the greatest rock band in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pearl jam - porch
I think that got some radio play. I think it still does on occasion.

But anything Pearl Jam would be good, radio play or not.
Been a die hard PJ fan since 91. Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio. "Better man", "black" and "yellow Ledbetter" are the pj songs that have probably received the most radio play that weren't official singles.
Better Man was never a single? Weird.

Pearl jam - porch

Been a die hard PJ fan since 91. Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio. "Better man", "black" and "yellow Ledbetter" are the pj songs that have probably received the most radio play that weren't official singles.
THAT'S HOW DUCKING GOOD PEARL JAM IS!

Pearl jam - porch

THAT'S HOW DUCKING GOOD PEARL JAM IS!
Easy, killer. Preaching to the choir on this one.

I've seen two Pink Floyd responses already so I'll add a third. Fearless off of Meddle. Love that song and never heard of it 'til I listened to the album. The combo of lyrics and melody are a gorgeous pairing.

This is an incredibly good song, as is "Amoreena"- off the same album.
Almost picked it! Was looking at songs off that album or Mott the Hoople's "Mott" album.
Another great album.

Is the "Ballad of Mott the Hoople" off that album? Incredible song.
hellz yes. Ballad

Mott documentary promo
Have you listened to "Man Overboard" by Ian Hunter? From 2009- he's still great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md-AgRKrZeU

Beatles- one after 909

Stones- memo from turner (slow version)

Zep- the rain song

Allmans- come and go blues

The who- trick of the light

Johnny cash - redemption day

Beatles- one after 909

Stones- memo from turner (slow version)

Zep- the rain song

Allmans- come and go blues

The who- trick of the light

Johnny cash - redemption day
Love these. I have heard The Rain Song on the radio, though.

The slow version of Memo From Turner was featured in Performance. Also, I think "Trick of the Light" is a John Entwistle song, isn't it? From Who Are You-there are several other great songs on that album.

Users who are viewing this thread