What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peter Pan (1 Viewer)

Mr. Ected

Footballguy
Seeing all the countless ads today @ the Peter Pan Live show on NBC next week, one of my boys asked "Why is Peter Pan always played by a girl?"

Any thoughts?

It used to be because girls were lighter and thus easier to have fly around while they hang on a string. Now its more of a tradition. But its not always. There was a Peter Pan movie where he was played by a boy.

I plan on recording it and pulling all the Walken parts into one video. I'll post it when it's done.

Because he's supposed to be a 10 year old boy and adult male actors have voices too deep for the part. No idea why they don't just cast a 10 year old boy.

This seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. They should just bust out "Bob Goulet's Old Fashioned Cajun Christmas" right after...

i love Chris Walken...cannot watch this debacle.
i watched him the other night on Fallon. he looked incredibly old. i was gobsmacked to see him with his pants pulled up all the way up to the middle of his chest. it was kind of sad really.

heckmanm said:
jwb said:
Super King said:
This seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. They should just bust out "Bob Goulet's Old Fashioned Cajun Christmas" right after...
Or that weird Otter jug band thing.

Walken looks incredibly disinterested.
This was my take from the commercial. Almost like they asked him to be a little less "Christopher Walken-y" and he just said F it.
I think he's tired of all the comedians doing second rate "Christopher Walken" impersonations and decided it was time to do an epic one of his own.
Oh please, please, please.... That would be worth watching for.

dickey moe said:
This Williams chick is tedious.
Stayed up past SNL last night and watched a making of show, which was one of those Hollywood celebrating itself kind of deals. This Williams chick seems nice enough and her voice is decent, but one can't get past the fact that she may have been handed some things in life and that this role may be part of a negotiation to keep Brian happy

Users who are viewing this thread