What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (3 Viewers)

Yenrub

Footballguy
Link to full story

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

Link to full story

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."
I'm just glad we have the whole story here.

Link to full story

I think the Neighborhood watch guy was just trying to head off a wave of african-american violence against whites.

Link to full story

Kid shot dead in his own neighborhood after buying skittles at a convenience store. How much more of the story do you need? There are no circumstances that would justify this.

Link to full story

Kid shot dead in his own neighborhood after buying skittles at a convenience store. How much more of the story do you need? There are no circumstances that would justify this.
So neighborhodd watch guy walks up to kid, pulls out gun and shooots unprovoked?not impossible, but there may be some more to tll here

Link to full story

Really? Nothing comes to mind?

Link to full story

:goodposting:

Someone and it probably will be me, but someone needs to start an official "Only in Florida" thread as it just seems there are more bizarre news stories in Florida than almost anywhere.

Link to full story

Not saying this justifies it, but there was apparently a "scuffle".
Police Thursday released an incident report that gave new clues that support Zimmerman.

When police arrived and found the body, they also found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and back of his head, according to the report. Also, the back of his shirt was wet and had grass clippings on it, as if he'd been on his back on the ground.

And an officer overheard Zimmerman complain, " 'I was yelling for someone to help me but no one would help me,' " according to the report.

One of the things on which police are focusing is the background noise in a 911 call, the chief said.

"You can hear the struggle and the gunshot," he said.

Police want to enhance the background noise to better hear what went on, he said.

Detectives should complete their investigation next week at the latest, the chief said, and will let the state attorney's office decide whether to file criminal charges.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-teen-shooting-killed-sanford-police-20120308,0,5522977.storyEither way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.

Link to full story

I think the Neighborhood watch guy was just trying to head off a wave of african-american violence against whites.
:lmao:

Link to full story

Perhaps the police should be open and honest with the community instead of keeping silent.

Usually, if you just walk up to a kid and shoot him in cold blood, you are arrested on site...you don't need to call a press conference to "request" an arrest of that individual. Not saying what the kid did justified the end (and doubt whatever comes out really will), but there is enough of "another side" where the offender remains free as of now.

Link to full story

Not saying this justifies it, but there was apparently a "scuffle".
Police Thursday released an incident report that gave new clues that support Zimmerman.

When police arrived and found the body, they also found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and back of his head, according to the report. Also, the back of his shirt was wet and had grass clippings on it, as if he'd been on his back on the ground.

And an officer overheard Zimmerman complain, " 'I was yelling for someone to help me but no one would help me,' " according to the report.

One of the things on which police are focusing is the background noise in a 911 call, the chief said.

"You can hear the struggle and the gunshot," he said.

Police want to enhance the background noise to better hear what went on, he said.

Detectives should complete their investigation next week at the latest, the chief said, and will let the state attorney's office decide whether to file criminal charges.
http://www.sun-senti...0,5522977.storyEither way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.
This is my point. The guy shouldn't have been trying to detain the kid. If some random guy gets in my face and tries to detain me there's probably going to be a scuffle there too.

Link to full story

Perhaps the police should be open and honest with the community instead of keeping silent.
The guy's white, the kid was black, the town is Sanford, the cover up is under way.

This is why we need more people with guns. If that kid had his own gun, he could have warded off the unprovoked attack from the uppity white dude.

Link to full story

Perhaps you should read the article again. Kid did not live in that neighborhood. He lived with his mother in Miami.

Either way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.
Again, you do not have the facts to justify this statement.
So, you're saying a Neighborhood Watch guy should get involved?
My guess is that he probably shouldn't have been involved. But that is pure supposition. I can think of many hypothetical situations where this Zimmerman guy felt that his life or the life of someone he cares about was being threatened and he had no choice but to shoot. What if the kid was high on PCP, had an Uzi, and was threatening to kill Zimmerman? Not saying this happened. We just don't have the facts.

Either way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.
My guess is that he probably shouldn't have been involved. But that is pure supposition. I can think of many hypothetical situations where this Zimmerman guy felt that his life or the life of someone he cares about was being threatened and he had no choice but to shoot. What if the kid was high on PCP, had an Uzi, and was threatening to kill Zimmerman? Not saying this happened. We just don't have the facts.
Also: kid could have been a werewolf. You just don't know.

Link to full story

Or maybe they can worry about finishing their investigation instead of trying the case in the media without all the facts. Oh wait...I bet that's what they're trying to do...

Link to full story

Or maybe they can worry about finishing their investigation instead of trying the case in the media without all the facts. Oh wait...I bet that's what they're trying to do...
More likely they are creating a story that will justify their and Zimmerman's actions.

And you guys were afraid of Zombies.....I TOLD YOU!!!!!

Link to full story

:lmao:
Maybe he thought he had found Joseph Kony.

Most likely senerio seems to be watch guy sees black youth walking around gated community and tries to detain said youth. Youth sees watch guy with gun and tries to get away. Struggle ensues. Watch guy is getting beat up. Watch guy shoots youth. Watch guy should go to slammer, but probably won't, because it's his word against a dead kid's.

Last edited by a moderator:
There appear to be way more reasons for a confrontation not to have taken place than to have taken place. Wouldn't a single young black male idling along towards a black neighbor's residence raise a question or two with the watch guy? Though maybe I'm making a boatload of assumptions here that he wasn't actually hiding in the bushes of another house trying to get a peek at some white girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so Zimmerman was packing heat AND silver bullets.

Most likely senerio seems to be watch guy see black youth walking around gated community and tries to detain said youth. Youth sees watch guy with gun and tries to get away. Struggle ensues. Watch guy is getting beat up. Watch guy shoot youth. Watch guy should go to slammer, but won't, because it's his word against dead kid.
More like this. White Dude: Hey N..... what are you doing here. Black Kid: going to my dad's what is it to you cracker. White Dude: no way we don't allow your type in a gated community. Black Kid: get out of the way you crazy old F... /pushes past white dude. White Dude: not on my watch...blam...blam...blam.

Sounds like maybe a little bit of Mall Cop syndrome going on here. Neighborhood Watch guy wishes he was in law enforcement so he pretends he is in real life and takes matters into his own hands rather than just calling the police. Of course I'm speculating here, but so is everyone else in this thread, so why not?

Yeah, there's got to be more to this.

Maybe he talked smack to the guy and reached in his pocket like he was pulling out his gat.

Users who are viewing this thread