What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it Hillis or Davis? (1 Viewer)

countingcrow

Footballguy
Who will share carries with Harrison now that Hardesty is likely head to the IR with a torn ACL?

I just can't see Harrison carrying the load by himself.

Hillis has looked pretty good so far this pre-season and did not play last night which would lead me to believe that he has a leg up.

Or I could be completely wrong in assuming that Hillis isn't already penciled into a fullback role with the team which would in effect bump up Davis' value after his showing last night.

Hillis was a stud on Denver's team and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well if given a chance. He's a mauler.

We won't know how the touches will shake out yet but in any event I really believe Hillis will get the quality touches- goal line & receptions for PPR. Anything else will be a bonus.

We won't know how the touches will shake out yet but in any event I really believe Hillis will get the quality touches- goal line & receptions for PPR. Anything else will be a bonus.
I agree with this. Hillis has been a monster, and the coaches have done nothing but gush over him.

Phil doesn't think either guy is going to 'carry the load'. Phil thinks this is going to be a rbbc and not one you'd want to start with any regularity.

Phil doesn't think either guy is going to 'carry the load'. Phil thinks this is going to be a rbbc and not one you'd want to start with any regularity.
Seriously it is beyond intolerable. Let me ask "Phil" a question: if the point of a message board is to interact with others, why are you going so far out of your way to annoy everyone with this stupid, STUPID schtick?

You disagree with Phil that the coaches will have Hillis and Davis share the load? Until (unless) one guy steps up, it's going to be a split backfield. Don't let your hate for Phil cloud you from the facts.

I would think you would have to be in a pretty big league to consider rostering part of a CLE RBBC. Having said that I do like Hillis here.

Seriously it is beyond intolerable. Let me ask "Phil" a question: if the point of a message board is to interact with others, why are you going so far out of your way to annoy everyone with this stupid, STUPID schtick?
Phil just digs speaking in the third person. Phil's information has not been filled with shtick. Phil has brought facts, solid opinions, and is doing his part to help improve the Shark Pool.If you'd prefer Phil to start posting WSIS threads in the SP and start answering questions with a "cause he sucks!1!!" then Phil can't help you. :thumbdown:

I worry about consistency. While I like Hillis, and could see him getting some goal line carries, is that enough to have him start for you? I know I wouldn't feel comfortable going into a week with him as a starter. Sure he could score 2 TDs, but the Browns offense could also keep him from getting more than 20 yards total.

Peyton Hillis never got more than about 60-65 carries in any of his 4 years in Arkansas.

Wk9 @NYJ in 2008 he had 22/129/TD...part of a 4 week run where he scored 5 TDs...

I'm all for sleepers but I just cannot follow him being a 3 down back and reaching 250-300 touches which I think Bloom has been vocal about.

This is almost intolerable now.
:thumbup:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
Agreed. That kind of stuff is better for FFA. Stop it here please. TIA.J
So Rickey Henderson can't join the forums either?In all seriousness, his post gives his opinion on the situation...he just says it in third person. Is it really that big of a deal?

:mellow:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
Phil wants to know what the problem is. Phil has brought threads and posts that are in line with expectations. People have continuously attacked Phil and called him names throughout threads. People have hijacked threads to talk about Phil when Phil just wants to talk about the subject at hand.Phil's playin' by the rules. And Phil is the one getting a warning?

I think this help Harrison in the sense that his roll is secure now.. He's not an everydown back, and can excel given the right touches at the right time. It seemed the plan from the start was Hillis to have a 3rd down and goal line roll, leaving the other stuff to Harrision and Hardesty. Now that split of those carries between and H and H is gone, and Harrison probably garners most of those while Hillis remains in his roll all along.

Of course, their actual production will determine everything so it remains to be seen.

:mellow:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
Phil wants to know why the post half a dozen posts above yours calling Phil a d00shbag is allowed to stand. Phil wants to know if this is what you consider being excellent to one another?

Phil wants to know what the problem is. Phil has brought threads and posts that are in line with expectations. People have continuously attacked Phil and called him names throughout threads. People have hijacked threads to talk about Phil when Phil just wants to talk about the subject at hand.Phil's playin' by the rules. And Phil is the one getting a warning?
:thumbup: those that are attacking Phil are pissing in the shark pool. While Phil is annoying none of Phil's posts are of the 'oool he sucks" nature, so Phil is a lot more beneficial than most others.

So does Hillis become more valuable than a guy like Leon Washington now. I think Hillis is a good football player, I just don't know how good he is for fantasy.

Hillis will be a very servicable short yardage back. The RB to pick up here (after Harrison) is definitely James Davis imo. He very likely would've been given the shot to be the feature back last season if it wasn't for injury. If he can get over his ankle sprain he sustained in the last preseason game (which apparently is minor), he should be given that chance again at some point in the season.

Phil wants to know what the problem is. Phil has brought threads and posts that are in line with expectations. People have continuously attacked Phil and called him names throughout threads. People have hijacked threads to talk about Phil when Phil just wants to talk about the subject at hand.

Phil's playin' by the rules. And Phil is the one getting a warning?

:lmao:

those that are attacking Phil are pissing in the shark pool. While Phil is annoying none of Phil's posts are of the 'oool he sucks" nature, so Phil is a lot more beneficial than most others.

I agree completely -- just get by the 3rd person stuff. The quality of his postings is pretty good.

[icon] said:
King of the Jungle said:
Phil McRevis said:
:loco:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
He always has been, just under different names.

####, I didn't know Hillis was white until now, back to free agent pool he goes. This is the NFL, not Ringling Bros., James Davis is definitely the back to pick up here.

James Davis was fighting to stay on the roster last night. Davis probably becomes the backup to Harrison in the event Harrison goes down with an injury but Hillis is far more valuable right now IMHO. Hillis has been a beast this preseason and Harrison can't seem to hold onto the ball. Davis is only getting touches if Harrison gets hurt while I think Hillis gets a bump up with the Hardesty injury.

Phil McRevis said:
Joe Bryant said:
[icon] said:
King of the Jungle said:
Phil McRevis said:
:thumbup:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
Phil wants to know why the post half a dozen posts above yours calling Phil a d00shbag is allowed to stand. Phil wants to know if this is what you consider being excellent to one another?
Phil making some good points in here.Sharks indeed.

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
those that are attacking Phil are pissing in the shark pool. While Phil is annoying none of Phil's posts are of the 'oool he sucks" nature, so Phil is a lot more beneficial than most others.
Be less annoying and it'll draw less pissing. It just works better that way. We dont have time to fight human nature.J

Phil McRevis said:
Joe Bryant said:
[icon] said:
King of the Jungle said:
Phil McRevis said:
:goodposting:Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
I asked you nicely to stop.J

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
Be less annoying and it'll draw less pissing. It just works better that way. We dont have time to fight human nature.J
So what do you think Joe? Hillis or Davis? :goodposting:

To all those that can't take Phil anymore...there is this wonderful feature called ignore.

After reading 2 of his posts yesterday...he went right to the ignore list.

Ignore is your friend. Use it. Don't encourage a troll.

The Shark Pool does not need this garbage.

Back to the subject. Hillis is the guy to grab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Bryant said:
[icon] said:
King of the Jungle said:
Phil McRevis said:
:goodposting: Please stop. You sound like an idiot and derail the discourse of every thread you enter.
Chaka is disappointed with Joe Bryant's position on Phil McRevis.

To all those that can;t take Phil anymore...there is this wonderful feature called ignore.After reading 2 of his posts yesterday...he went right to the ignore list.Ignore is your friend. Use it. Don't encourage a troll.The Shark Pool does not need this garbage.Back to the subject. Hillis is the guy to grab.
Good points....how do I ignore?

AngryGorilla said:
Sam Quentin said:
King of the Jungle said:
Phil McRevis said:
Sam agrees
Gorilla agrees, Phil is just the resident d00shbag now
Bump for Joe.Why is this more excellent than talking in the third person? Why is this OK? What is the thought process behind banning Phil but letting this stay?

Wow, he got banned already? Talk about a slow-moving trainwreck. That was kinda hard to watch.

I can't speak for Joe, but being excellent to each other is a driving maxim, not an all-cases rule. Phil kept on with schtick that numerous posters said was annoying and asked him nicely to stop (other threads). Joe and the mods don't want to take on responsibility of diverting negative energy that someone willfully draws to themselves. Phil was intentionally being an irritant. Rather than telling hundreds not to get irritated, it's easier to remove the irritant. If Phil really was interested in being a part of this community he would have listened to the complaints of other posters and given it a rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. so little love for Harrison. The coach seems to be willing to give him a chance and hes the frontrunner right now.

Why would Hillis get 1st team reps at tailback if the coaches didn't plan to use him as such. Hillis brings power beyond belief, great hands and and a good blitz pickup. Harrison is a one season wonder, and Hillis deserves at least to split the carries. Harrison hasn't run away with the job and Hillis knows this.

Users who are viewing this thread