What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Tank on ABC (1 Viewer)

I did a search for this, but couldn't find anything on this reality show. I've seen two episodes so far and really enjoy the show. Anyone else watching this? Surprised there isn't more buzz about it. :lmao:

Red Eyed and Blue said:
I did a search for this, but couldn't find anything on this reality show. I've seen two episodes so far and really enjoy the show. Anyone else watching this? Surprised there isn't more buzz about it. :shrug:
:shrug:

Forst> Are you going to watch the Ruins tonight?

Guarantee it is 3x better than Shark Pool or whatever.

Red Eyed and Blue said:
I did a search for this, but couldn't find anything on this reality show. I've seen two episodes so far and really enjoy the show. Anyone else watching this? Surprised there isn't more buzz about it. :confused:
:thumbup:
Oh.Guess that's why nobody talks about it.

I've always wanted my own thread with nobody in it but me. So I'll just discuss the shows and then reply to myself.

I don't know what the Ruins is. Shark Tank comes on Tuesday nights.

I'm also watching PBS: The National Parks: America’s Best Idea. So far, this is the best thing on television and it's not close.

Well, Shark Tank is close, but for different reasons.

When's the baby due?

i like Shark Tank. The other eps are on Hulu if you want to watch them.

It was on sunday nights, but not anymore. Not sure when its coming back on.

I'm also watching PBS: The National Parks: America’s Best Idea. So far, this is the best thing on television and it's not close.

When's the baby due?
lol. The Ruins is on MTV tonight at 9 PM central and is by far the best television program in the North Americas.Baby is 6 months old. I'll let him know you said hi.

:mellow:

I've caught a couple episodes and they've been entertaining. What astounds me is how broke some of these people are making themselves for an idea they think is amazing, only to have the investors completely tear them down. Oof.

There's actually a Canadian show called Dragon's Den, that I believe started airing before Shark Tank and they do the same thing with Canadian inventions/companies. It's even got two of the people from Shark Tank on it.

When's the baby due?
lol. The Ruins is on MTV tonight at 9 PM central and is by far the best television program in the North Americas.Baby is 6 months old. I'll let him know you said hi.

:mellow:
Synopsis for The Ruins so I don't have to click MTV online? Not that it's against company policy, but because what's left of my dignity I'd like to retain.Thanks for the baby announcement, GB. I bet Scupper got one. :thumbup:

Been watching the US version since it started. A lot of people go ion the show with products that arent patented yet....I wonder if any of those ideas get patented by someone else first who have the funds to get the patents.

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment?

Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :unsure:

I really like this show. Very interesting and simple. There isn't a lot of production or BS. Just cuts right to the chase, what's the product then moves straight to negotiation.

It is sad to see some of the entrepreneurs seem so blind to reality. On the other side it can be frustrating to see the sharks take advantage of people that just don't know how to negotiate but have a really good business.

Thought the college kid with the Soy-dough last night was great. He didn't give in and got a very nice deal. May be the first time I saw the Sharks value the business at a higher price than the entrepreneur did coming in. Good for him.

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment? Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :yes:
Yeah, that product is something I'd use even if I did own it. I grill all the time and what comes off the grill is what's for dinner. Empty plates tell me I'm doing just fine, thank you. Wonder how much of their clamoring involved her cancer/dead dad story?

I really like this show. Very interesting and simple. There isn't a lot of production or BS. Just cuts right to the chase, what's the product then moves straight to negotiation.It is sad to see some of the entrepreneurs seem so blind to reality. On the other side it can be frustrating to see the sharks take advantage of people that just don't know how to negotiate but have a really good business.Thought the college kid with the Soy-dough last night was great. He didn't give in and got a very nice deal. May be the first time I saw the Sharks value the business at a higher price than the entrepreneur did coming in. Good for him.
I was really impressed with that kid. He knew what he wanted to do, had all the numbers, and refused to back down. I have a hunch that kid is gonna be alright in life.Plus, his GF was way hotter than he deserved. :unsure:

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment? Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :unsure:
Yeah, that product is something I'd use even if I did own it. I grill all the time and what comes off the grill is what's for dinner. Empty plates tell me I'm doing just fine, thank you. Wonder how much of their clamoring involved her cancer/dead dad story?
I didn't see the show. Please explain what the 'meat nail' is.

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment? Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :gang2:
Yeah, that product isn't something I'd use even if I did own it. I grill all the time and what comes off the grill is what's for dinner. Empty plates tell me I'm doing just fine, thank you. Wonder how much of their clamoring involved her cancer/dead dad story?
This gal made a product that looks a little like a marker you'd use on a green in golf to sub for your ball. Made of stainless steel, each small marker contains a code on the top..."MR" for Medium Rare. "WD" for Well Done. A picture of a hot pepper for spicy meats. Her contention was that at BBQ dinner parties, it's easy to mix up meats when they come off the grill. So to avoid confusion of spicy marinated meat over non-spicy or well done vs. medium rare, you plant one of these small, steel markers into the meat before grilling. :thumbup:

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment? Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :gang2:
Yeah, that product isn't something I'd use even if I did own it. I grill all the time and what comes off the grill is what's for dinner. Empty plates tell me I'm doing just fine, thank you. Wonder how much of their clamoring involved her cancer/dead dad story?
This gal made a product that looks a little like a marker you'd use on a green in golf to sub for your ball. Made of stainless steel, each small marker contains a code on the top..."MR" for Medium Rare. "WD" for Well Done. A picture of a hot pepper for spicy meats. Her contention was that at BBQ dinner parties, it's easy to mix up meats when they come off the grill. So to avoid confusion of spicy marinated meat over non-spicy or well done vs. medium rare, you plant one of these small, steel markers into the meat before grilling. :popcorn:
Thank you.Was there a BoogieBox thing last episode? An exercise routine thing? Friend of the wife is into this and said they were making a pitch to the Shark Tank show but i don't know when.

Love the show. Thought the whole circus side show act in Times Square was a little wacky last night. $300,00 initial investment? Regarding the first lady (that they spent way too much time on BTW), gotta love that you can invent something like a nail to stick in meat and have a bunch of entrepreneurs clamoring for it (and her) on national TV. :doh:
This gal made a product that looks a little like a marker you'd use on a green in golf to sub for your ball. Made of stainless steel, each small marker contains a code on the top..."MR" for Medium Rare. "WD" for Well Done. A picture of a hot pepper for spicy meats. Her contention was that at BBQ dinner parties, it's easy to mix up meats when they come off the grill. So to avoid confusion of spicy marinated meat over non-spicy or well done vs. medium rare, you plant one of these small, steel markers into the meat before grilling. :shrug:
Thank you.Was there a BoogieBox thing last episode? An exercise routine thing? Friend of the wife is into this and said they were making a pitch to the Shark Tank show but i don't know when.
I missed a little of this, but yes, there was a Boogie Box dance troop that came. They made a HUGE mistake asking for 700K. The Sharks liked their brand, felt like it was a legit money maker, but these ladies were WAY off the mark on projections. The leader said she wanted to get a million CD's out the door. The FUBU Shark hit her with "The higher a monkey climbs a tree, the more people can see it's butt." :mellow:

Was there a BoogieBox thing last episode? An exercise routine thing? Friend of the wife is into this and said they were making a pitch to the Shark Tank show but i don't know when.
I missed a little of this, but yes, there was a Boogie Box dance troop that came. They made a HUGE mistake asking for 700K. The Sharks liked their brand, felt like it was a legit money maker, but these ladies were WAY off the mark on projections. The leader said she wanted to get a million CD's out the door. The FUBU Shark hit her with "The higher a monkey climbs a tree, the more people can see it's butt." :blackdot:
Thanks. Wow 700k? I'll have to go watch this online. I knew they didn't get funded but i hadn't heard they asked for so much.

Watched it a couple times and thought it was pretty interesting. When is it on now?
It was on ABC last night (Tues) at 8pm PST. It's the second episode I've seen, but I'm ready to put into the weekly rotation (which is big, I don't watch much on network TV...Office, Survivor & Amazing Race). :coffee:

Was there a BoogieBox thing last episode? An exercise routine thing? Friend of the wife is into this and said they were making a pitch to the Shark Tank show but i don't know when.
I missed a little of this, but yes, there was a Boogie Box dance troop that came. They made a HUGE mistake asking for 700K. The Sharks liked their brand, felt like it was a legit money maker, but these ladies were WAY off the mark on projections. The leader said she wanted to get a million CD's out the door. The FUBU Shark hit her with "The higher a monkey climbs a tree, the more people can see it's butt." :coffee:
Thanks. Wow 700k? I'll have to go watch this online. I knew they didn't get funded but i hadn't heard they asked for so much.
They liked their idea, but laughed at the price tag.

The wife and I love the show and I'm glad you threw this thread up as I thought it got cancelled. Now I have to find time to tape it on Tuesday night since I already have 2 shows being taped. :goodposting: Brown's and White's (more albino) = love this show I guess :wall:

The wife and I love the show and I'm glad you threw this thread up as I thought it got cancelled. Now I have to find time to tape it on Tuesday night since I already have 2 shows being taped. :2cents: Brown's and White's (more albino) = love this show I guess :banned:
I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Now we can text message back and forth during the show! :popcorn:

The wife and I love the show and I'm glad you threw this thread up as I thought it got cancelled. Now I have to find time to tape it on Tuesday night since I already have 2 shows being taped. :rolleyes: Brown's and White's (more albino) = love this show I guess :shrug:
I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Now we can text message back and forth during the show! :loco:
Used to be on Sunday nights, changed to Tuesday. This was like the 7 or so episode.

The wife and I love the show and I'm glad you threw this thread up as I thought it got cancelled. Now I have to find time to tape it on Tuesday night since I already have 2 shows being taped. :shrug: Brown's and White's (more albino) = love this show I guess :shrug:
I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Now we can text message back and forth during the show! :lmao:
Used to be on Sunday nights, changed to Tuesday. This was like the 7 or so episode.
Yeah, I'm late to the party on this one, but glad I'm here at least. Surprised more aren't watching this.Why did they debut this in the summer? I don't think I even turn the TV on during the summer until late at night.

just watched last night's episode on Hulu. Big props to the kid from Indiana. He's gonna make a TON of cash.

Can the people with the business proposal counter offer the sharks?
Interesting thing that I learned on the last show with the guy selling belt buckles. They cannot walk out of there with LESS than what they are asking for. This guy valued his company at $2M and wanted the sharks to buy in for $500k for a 25% share despite him only having ~$400k in sales. The sharks were pissed because I think they saw the potential, but not at that valuation. They couldn't offer him any deal because there was no way they were going to give the guy the money he was looking for without taking 100% of the business from him. I think there was a counter-offer last week from the presenters but I don't remember what the product was. It was two guys I think....

Can the people with the business proposal counter offer the sharks?
Interesting thing that I learned on the last show with the guy selling belt buckles. They cannot walk out of there with LESS than what they are asking for. This guy valued his company at $2M and wanted the sharks to buy in for $500k for a 25% share despite him only having ~$400k in sales. The sharks were pissed because I think they saw the potential, but not at that valuation. They couldn't offer him any deal because there was no way they were going to give the guy the money he was looking for without taking 100% of the business from him. I think there was a counter-offer last week from the presenters but I don't remember what the product was. It was two guys I think....
Yep, they can't walk away with less money than originally asked, although I think they can turn the offer on it's head and give them a royalty on the product instead of a full $ offer.They can counter, but sometimes the sharks get a little uppity about it.....baldy calls them pigs, etc.

Loved those two guys coming in asking for $125k and walking out with $600k. There were sharks on both sides of the table with that one. Interesting concept also.

The show is ripped off from Dragon's Den, which is in its third season here in Canada (believe it actually originated in Japan). Anyway, Kevin and Robert, the best two Sharks by a mile, are also on the Canadian show and are Canadian citizens

Mr. Fubu is a joke as is Mr. T.V. infomercial.

Dragon's Den is a way better show.

The show is ripped off from Dragon's Den, which is in its third season here in Canada (believe it actually originated in Japan). Anyway, Kevin and Robert, the best two Sharks by a mile, are also on the Canadian show and are Canadian citizens

Mr. Fubu is a joke as is Mr. T.V. infomercial.

Dragon's Den is a way better show.
I don't totally agree with this, but I do think their the least likely to invest. Mr. Fubu knows clothes ... if that's your business, you have a shot. Mr. Infomercial is interested in products he can do that with. He's never going to invest in a something like tonight's college recruiting pitch.On that topic, some of the worst pitches of the season were tonight - the Mr. Poncho, the college recrruiting web site. I can't believe they got $600K out of them. Oh, and the Uro Club ... hilarious.

Late reminder for the new season starting tonight, first episode is on now. Mark Cuban and Jeff Foxworthy are going to be the new sharks on the show this season. Cuban is on this episode, dont see Foxworthy yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Late reminder for the new season starting tonight, first episode is on now. Mark Cuban and Jeff Foxworthy are going to be the new sharks on the show this season. Cuban is on this episode, dont see Foxworthy yet
Here in Atlanta we have Georgia vs LSU, college freakin baseball...

One of my favorite shows. A must watch.

Going to try and find some eps of Dragon's Den. If you have links, let me know. TIA.

Isn't that the hillbilly comedian? Does he have any business experience whatsoever or is he there for ratings or something?

Users who are viewing this thread