What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodfellas (1 Viewer)

Definitely one of my favorite long takes. Other favorites include the ones at the beginning of Boogie Nights and the House of Leaves scene in Kill Bill I.

Also the long shot in War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise and his 2 kids in the minivan fleeing down the highway. A long, special-effects filled take to make it look seamless. Can't find it on YouTube thought... :(

Young Henry learned the two most important lessons in life:

Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

Although I think he forgot that last one as he got older.

Pittsburgh Connection: You know the golf club and the dogs you gave me in return?Henry Hill: Yeah.Pittsburgh Connection: Can you still do that?Hill: Same kind of golf clubs?Pittsburgh Connection: No. No golf clubs. Can you still give me the dogs if I can pay for the golf clubs?Hill: Yeah. Sure.[portion of conversation omitted]Pittsburgh Connection: You front me the shampoo and I'll front you the dog pills....What time tomorrow?Hill: Anytime after twelve.Pittsburgh Connection: You won't hold my lady friend up?Hill: No.Pittsburgh Connection: Somebody will just exchange dogs

I can't believe this, prejudice against - a Jew broad - prejudice against Italians
The original script puts that scene in a slightly different context and makes Tommy seem a bit more likable and a bit less volatile:
You gotta help me. Okay? This girl I told you about? Diana? She's from the Five Towns. She's Jewish. She won't go out with me alone. Can you believe this ####? She's ####### prejudiced, but she's built. She's never been out with an Italian before. She says she'll only go out on a double date with her girlfriend. You believe this ####? But you gotta see her. I mean, she's beautiful.

I can't believe this, prejudice against - a Jew broad - prejudice against Italians
The original script puts that scene in a slightly different context and makes Tommy seem a bit more likable and a bit less volatile:
You gotta help me. Okay? This girl I told you about? Diana? She's from the Five Towns. She's Jewish. She won't go out with me alone. Can you believe this ####? She's ####### prejudiced, but she's built. She's never been out with an Italian before. She says she'll only go out on a double date with her girlfriend. You believe this ####? But you gotta see her. I mean, she's beautiful.
Yeah, the movie version is way better, love that line. What the f is the world coming to?

"Why don't you get yourself a nice girl?"

"I get a nice one almost every night, Ma."

"Yeah, but get yourself a girl so you could settle down!"

"I settle down almost every night but then in the morning I'm free!"

Users who are viewing this thread