What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Parks and Recreation Thread (1 Viewer)

jhib

Footballguy
It's time to get this show out of The Office's shadow, as it has clearly shown itself to be the better sitcom this season.

It has certainly jumped up my personal rankings, just below Modern Family and Survivor on my must-watch list.

It has a couple of the best characters on tv right now in Ron Swanson and

.tomhaverfoods.com

Discuss.

Wifey and I watched seasons 1&2 off netflix in a span of a week and IMO it has taken over the Office (which we love).

Didnt like Aziz (Tom Haverford) as a comdedian, but after watching the show, we now love his style.

Andy is probably our favorite character. Funny dude.

Great show. I remember in the early going watching it and being disappointed that we lost "Fire Joe Morgan" for Parks&Rec. Used to love The Office and 30 Rock, but I now think Parks&Rec and Community are the best things about NBC Thursday night.

Great show. I remember in the early going watching it and being disappointed that we lost "Fire Joe Morgan" for Parks&Rec. Used to love The Office and 30 Rock, but I now think Parks&Rec and Community are the best things about NBC Thursday night.
I'd go so far as to say they are the two best things on network television.

It's time to get this show out of The Office's shadow, as it has clearly shown itself to be the better sitcom this season.

It has certainly jumped up my personal rankings, just below Modern Family and Survivor on my must-watch list.

I've been thinking of giving this a go. You hit 2 of my must watch shows, so now I'll watch this one and hold you personally responsible if I hate it ;)

Seconded. And I don't think it's close, now that Modern Family is getting a little stale (still good, just a little too repetitive with the awkward misunderstandings- like a smart, funny version of Three's Company). Two of the better sitcoms I can remember, both absolutely hitting their stride.The last two Parks and Rec episodes both knocked it out of the park.

I hadn't thought about that way when I posted earlier, but I agree with that. Modern Family has been a bit down this season, and that's the only programming on network TV I'd put up there with those two.

Wow impeccable timing.

Wife and I watched S1E1 and S1E2 on Netflix. "just singed up on Sunday" We always DVR'd The Office and would see the first 30 seconds of this show before it would get cut off. Wanted to check it out and now that we have Neflix we can.

One of the better makeovers i've seen on a TV show. Swanson & his emo receptionist are punchline gold, Poehler has done just what a great comic actress would do and pulled back. That new love interest is as modest and forlorn as Nope is & that could be cute if they dont milk it too long. One prob - the shoeshine boy is actually outcluelessing Haverford, which means Aziz has got to move up to at least sage-of-cluelessness level for them both to work. Once again, Rob Lowe moved from star to featured player at light speed, but will be funny if he remains happy with that. Not all the way there yet, but very promising.

Season 1 wasn't really that great. To anyone out there just starting out, don't get discouraged if you don't just love the first season. Stick with it.

I got to work on the first part of season 3 that they shot early so that Amy could be selfish and have a baby or something because it was due when they would normally start up again. The regular crew was off doing Weeds so most of us were new to the show and honestly those people are the nicest crew I've ever worked with. Most of them introduced themselves (Ron had everyone's name down by the end of day 1 and said hi by name to everyone every day) and even though Aziz and the girl aren't overtly friendly, none of them were anything less than pleasant. By the end of Lowe's stint some of them were a little annoyed with him but never let it get to the crew. I had a hard time not laughing out loud during takes, which were long because they'd do it 5 or 6 times before getting all their timing down (plus I was watching the first 2 seasons in my phone at the time). I've never worked on a comedy that was actually funny so it was a bit of a shock. Can't say enough good things about those folks so I hope they all get rich out of it.

Mouserat Roolz!!!!

When I'm done eating a Mulligan's meal, for weeks afterwards, there are flecks of meat in my mustache. And I refuse to clean it because every now and then a piece of meat will fall into my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Moe. said:

Very :goodposting: It was just ok at first, but it's been great this season.

I was just thinking last night "why isn't there a thread on this"

Definitely one of my top 3 shows (Modern Family & Community). Great ensemble, love Lowe's character as well as April.

I feel like Modern Family and Parks and Rec both got a lot less funny in their new seasons.

The awful chemistry between Andy and April reminds me of why I stopped watching The Office.

If you've never worked in a government bureaucracy, it's hilarious. If you have, its doubly hilarious.

Also, I have a friend JUST LIKE Rob Lowe. The most infuriatingly positive person on the planet, and chicks eat it up. Plus he's a doctor and single...

One of three non animated comedies I watch with regularity (Always Sunny/30 Rock being the others). Fantastic show. What The Office was a very long time ago (ie funny).

The writers need to stop having Ron Swanson break character so much. It's not as funny when it happens every single episode.

they should have ended the season on the kiss. last night was weak. still cant remember a 2nd season this much better than the 1st one.

Aubrey Plaza and Rashida Jones. :thumbup:

Show is good enough to get into the rotation but just barely. Good thing those two are in it.

Saw the first few episodes a year or so ago. Wasn't all that interested. Got convinced to plow through the 2nd season on Netflix (then the 3rd which just became available for streaming). Love it.

Can't get enough of Ron and April.

What is the one thing you would bring if on a deserted island?

Silence.

Nice Story Tina. (I know the name is not right).

Some good stuff from Ron last night. Saved the episode IMO.

Rob Lowe's hair has been distracting this year. But I read today it was because of a TV movie he was filming during the first few episodes of Parks.

Started watching on Netflix a little over 2 weeks ago and am now all caught up. Love the show

Users who are viewing this thread