What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2015 (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
The Most Anticipated Albums Coming Out in 2015

Cool link. Your vote moves releases up and down the rankings (take that Madonna; you owe me a beer Panda Bear)

Looking forward to:

Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper

You can add albums as well (but I didn't feel like joining just to add Pink Floyd's Eminence Front)

Playlists

2015 - Loud and rough round the edges

2015 (Northern Voice)

2015 (Karma Police)

Mix 2015 (Ilov80s)

2015 (El Floppo)

If anybody else wants their 2015 playlists added, just post it in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too long until The Decemberists' What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World comes out (1/20)

Can't wait!

I did not notice your band on the list, either.

I also did not notice Modest Mouse.

Good things portend? :cool:

eta* For those who don't know, and would have really no reason to, I think "Again" by Kumerica's band is a pretty darn fine piece of power pop that I've listened to quite a bit -- I'd say over twenty times -- since the posting in the guitar thread. Dug fully. I would recommend it heartily.

rockaction said:
Kumerica said:

eta* For those who don't know, and would have really no reason to, I think "Again" by Kumerica's band is a pretty darn fine piece of power pop that I've listened to quite a bit -- I'd say over twenty times -- since the posting in the guitar thread. Dug fully. I would recommend it heartily.
Thanks again, Rockaction. :hifive:

rockaction said:
Kumerica said:

Just listened to "Again". I like it, nice and catcy, but rough enough that it isn't cheesy.

I don't know why I find voting albums up and down on the link I included in the first post, but I do.:s

:shrug:

The new Father John Misty album "I Love You, Honeybear" is pretty great but I really liked Tillman's last one. If you though "Fear Fun" was pretentious crap, you probably won't like this one either.

Awolnation has one coming out in March. I've been waiting for awhile - their last was my favorite album in a long time.

ALready enjoying the Catfish and the Bottlemen record more than anything last year. It sounds a bit between Vampire Weekend and Neon Trees but in a good way. People who like rock music (guitars, etc.) should check it out.

Well ####. Looks like the album was acutally released last fall.

California X - Nights in the Dark sounds pretty good so far.
Huh. Saw those guys with the Red Dons at the Middle East a few summers ago, I think. Sort of Dinosaur Jr.-meets-punk, IIRC. You could tell they were from Western Mass. (by way of CT, apparently.)

I was there to see the Red Dons, who I thought sort of blew everybody away, but my taste in music is a little different than most.

California X - Nights in the Dark sounds pretty good so far.
Huh. Saw those guys with the Red Dons at the Middle East a few summers ago, I think. Sort of Dinosaur Jr.-meets-punk, IIRC. You could tell they were from Western Mass. (by way of CT, apparently.)

I was there to see the Red Dons, who I thought sort of blew everybody away, but my taste in music is a little different than most.
Yeah, they're very indebted to Dinosaur Jr. I liked their debut from a couple of years ago.

faith no more decemberists gojira and failure are my most anticipated

also very curious to hear what death cab sounds like without walla

ALready enjoying the Catfish and the Bottlemen record more than anything last year. It sounds a bit between Vampire Weekend and Neon Trees but in a good way. People who like rock music (guitars, etc.) should check it out.

Well ####. Looks like the album was acutally released last fall.
:thumbup:

Spotify has it as 2015

... but Allmusic has it as Sep '14

They're Welsh so maybe it's because Wales still uses the Julian calendar. :shrug:

or September was the British and January was the US release

What websites does everyone go to to discover new music? Are there any good magazines? I have Google Play All Access and i need to use it more so would be nice to have a good source for recommendations.

What websites does everyone go to to discover new music? Are there any good magazines? I have Google Play All Access and i need to use it more so would be nice to have a good source for recommendations.
I listen to Spotify.

Pitchfork has an "app" there that lists all new albums with reviews along with the actual album on Spotify. I use Spotify's "related artists" feature to listen to similar things to bands I like, or use their "discover" feature which does the same. I also listen to KCRW's Music Mine on Spotify- big range of stuff on there old and neew, a bunch of which I don't love.

A second song was released a few days ago from the upcoming new Modest Mouse album. Link to song and video "Coyotes".

Nice ballad reminding me of the Ugly Cassanova stuff. Both released songs have been about man destroying the environment -- a theme not foreign to Modest Mouse and I suspect a theme used throughout the album.

I can't wait until March 3. From these first two songs, I think this album is going to be fantastic.

On DirecTV, there is a College Rock station that is really good, or at least matches my tastes really well. It's part of their premium package, which I'll likely be dropping soon, so I'm looking for other options.

Outside of that, on Spotify, the playlist "Songpickr: 2015 best songs" has 5 or 6 new songs each week which is a great entry point for the best of the week in indie rock type stuff. I'll also check out New Releases on Spotify but that is not comprehensive.

Users who are viewing this thread