What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another quick trivia (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Over the last 9 years, only one player has had at least 7 receiving TDs every year since 2004. Who is it?For bonus, the next closest is 6 of the last 9 years. There are 2.Name them.ETA--Correction above on bonus question as there are 2, not 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the last 9 years, only one player has had at least 7 receiving TDs every year since 2004. Who is it?For bonus, the next closest is 6 of the last 9 years. There are 2.Name them.ETA--Correction above on bonus question as there are 2, not 1.
Gotta be Gates.Tony Gonzalez is probably one of the "next closest."

Reggie Wayne is probably one of the 6's, with the off year being last year with Painter.ETA: Looked it up, not even close. Only 4 times for Wayne :bag:

Without looking, I'd guess Reggie Wayne.Honorable mention is Boldin (not really sure about that one) and Tony G.ETA: I really suck.

'Henry Ford said:
'gianmarco said:
Gotta be Gates.Tony Gonzalez is probably one of the "next closest."
Gates was my first guess. FItz and Colston

I'm counting 3 guys that are at least 6 out of THEIR last 9 year. You have to put in "out of THEIR last" 9 years, and not "out of THE last" 9 years.....and that 3rd guy is playing this coming Sunday.

Updates on the guesses, for the OP...

Gates - 9

Fitz - 6

Colston - 6

Smiff - 5

White - 5

Wayne - 4

Gonzo - 4

AJ - 4

Boldin - 4

Gates was the winner.

Updates on some of the guesses, for the OP...

The first column is the number of times they reached 7+. The second column is the number they reached 6+ (out of 9 seasons since 2004)

Gates - 9, 9

Gonzo - 4, 6

Fitz - 6, 8

Smiff - 5, 6

Wayne - 4, 6

White - 5, 6

AJ - 4, 5

Boldin - 4, 4

Colston - 6, 6

Gates was the winner. Our two guys of all nine seasons at 6+ are still out there. Fitz was the closest so far (only missed this year, with 4) while his ex-teammate Boldin was the farthest off.
They're not still out there...they are Fitz and Coston :confused: ETA: I think you mis-read the OP. He said 6 seasons (out of 9) of 7+

The first column is the number of times they reached 7+. The second column is the number they reached 6+ (out of 9 seasons since 2004)

Gates - 9, 9

Gonzo - 4, 6

Fitz - 6, 8

Smiff - 5, 6

Wayne - 4, 6

White - 5, 6

AJ - 4, 5

Boldin - 4, 4

Colston - 6, 6

Gates was the winner. Our two guys of all nine seasons at 6+ are still out there. Fitz was the closest so far (only missed this year, with 4) while his ex-teammate Boldin was the farthest off.
They're not still out there...they are Fitz and Coston :confused: ETA: I think you mis-read the OP.
Oops, I misread the OP. I thought it said there were two people that had 6+ TDs in every since 2004.Updated.

It does bring up the interesting point that, while Gates has had 7+ in every season since 2004, no one else has had 6+ in that span (and I don't think anyone has 5+ in every year since then either).

Gates - 9, 9

Gonzo - 4, 6

Fitz - 6, 8

Smiff - 5, 6

Wayne - 4, 6

White - 5, 6

AJ - 4, 5

Boldin - 4, 4

Colston - 6, 6

They're not still out there...they are Fitz and Coston :confused: ETA: I think you mis-read the OP.
Oops, I misread the OP. I thought it said there were two people that had 6+ TDs in every since 2004.Updated.

It does bring up the interesting point that, while Gates has had 7+ in every season since 2004, no one else has had 6+ in that span (and I don't think anyone has 5+ in every year since then either).
That is interesting. When you factor in Gates and his injuries and missed games, it makes his feat even that more remarkable.

This thread brings up an interesting point. Could we see a Gates resurgence? He's not what he was, but he was generally healthy all season, just on a terrible offense under a lame duck head coach, with a slumping QB.

This thread brings up an interesting point. Could we see a Gates resurgence? He's not what he was, but he was generally healthy all season, just on a terrible offense under a lame duck head coach, with a slumping QB.
It's possible but he looked really slow and lumbering last season.

So? Can't be any worse than Jason Witten and he just went and put up the most receptions by a TE in history.Gates knows how to get open and we know Rivers loves him as much as Romo loves Witten.

So? Can't be any worse than Jason Witten and he just went and put up the most receptions by a TE in history.Gates knows how to get open and we know Rivers loves him as much as Romo loves Witten.
I said, it's possible, but Gates looks like he's close to the finish line to me. He's been banged up a lot in recent seasons, he had a major foot issue, and he's beed slowed as a result. He's a couple of years older than Witten, who admittedly as you implied was never blessed with speed. Witten does get force fed a ton of passes, but doesn't do much with them anymore. Gates could be capable of that I guess.I own Gates in one league so I'd love for him to be a force again - I still think he'll be startable and probably still a good redzone target but I just see his days as being a difference maker behind him.

I must agree with Dr. Octopus, but I think Gates will be cheap enough next year that I'll still target him. I feel like he's probably very close to the end, but I could see a new system breathing life into him for one more year. Rather than a boom/bust pick, he'll be a boom/mediocre pick. He definitely burned me this past year, but gotta have a short memory. He finished TE12 in my non-ppr leagues. If he can be had at TE10 or later next year, I'll roll the dice with him - coupled with another TE in that range. Don't have enough confidence to count on him as the only TE on my roster to start the season, but I like the risk/reward ratio at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread