What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Infinity (1 Viewer)

Seriously. They have literally an unlimited amount of characters to choose from. New movie comes out? BAM. There's the toys for the game selling at the theaters. Genius.Plus the Marvel and Star Wars tie-ins now? I'm REALLY looking forward to these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it like a fighting game or something? I don't get it.
pseudo-RPG action/adventure game?and its actually multiple, somewhat-similar games somehow. I've never played Skylanders, so I don't know entirely how it works, but certain characters seem to only be able to be used in certain parts of the game.

Ok, so after watching part of the second video, it sounds like each character will have their own game/adventure that you can play by buying that figurine. You can also go into the "Toy Box" which is kind of like Minecraft where you can build any type of world/game you want and mix the different characters.

Ok, so after watching part of the second video, it sounds like each character will have their own game/adventure that you can play by buying that figurine. You can also go into the "Toy Box" which is kind of like Minecraft where you can build any type of world/game you want and mix the different characters.
You buy individual characters and use them in the different play sets or in the Toybox. They will then sell specific PlaySets based on certain movies. For example maybe a whole PlaySet based on Toy Story or Aladdin along with characters for that playset. You can mix players and they will also sell modifier chips which can be placed under the figurines to further diversify the gameplay.

Is it like a fighting game or something? I don't get it.
pseudo-RPG action/adventure game?and its actually multiple, somewhat-similar games somehow. I've never played Skylanders, so I don't know entirely how it works, but certain characters seem to only be able to be used in certain parts of the game.
That's not correct. There are certain characters that can unlock areas but once unlocked you can use any character in that area. If this Disney game is open world it will be awesome, esp if it's like Skylanders in that the characters retain their upgrades independent of platform.

What I want to know is what the hexagon area between the two character circles is for.

An excuse to print money. Well done Disney.
Yeah, people complain about buying incomplete games and then having to buy the rest of the game through DLC, but this is basically selling a framework of a game and then selling every part of the game as DLC. Cleverly packaged, but that's essentially what they're doing. Still a cool looking game, but that thing is going to rake in tons of money.

An excuse to print money. Well done Disney.
Yeah, people complain about buying incomplete games and then having to buy the rest of the game through DLC, but this is basically selling a framework of a game and then selling every part of the game as DLC. Cleverly packaged, but that's essentially what they're doing. Still a cool looking game, but that thing is going to rake in tons of money.
Yeah it looks cool, they have a great library to work from and it will be an absolute cash cow. Frankly it's brilliant marketing strategy.

Looks good but it would seem like more fun if they had a storyline similar to Skylanders. Not having to buy a character just to finish/open a story. Also wish the graphics were bettter.

Looks good but it would seem like more fun if they had a storyline similar to Skylanders. Not having to buy a character just to finish/open a story. Also wish the graphics were bettter.
Really? I thought the graphics looked better than Skylanders.

Where this is going to trump Skylanders in the characters. We all know Jack Sparrow and his mannerisms. We like Sully. Jack Skellington, Lightning McQueen, etc. It's going to be fun to play and once they start branching off into the Marvel and Star Wars characters, they'll be able to give them their own games if necessary. Release Date of June 2013.

You better believe that Disney is gonna milk this one, it will be on all platforms and multiple aftermarket characters

Great after spending hundred dollars + on skylanders because my son just had to have them all. Now they are sitting in a box for over 2 months not played with and he's on to the next thing.

I watched the youtube link with my kids the other day. My daughter asked yesterday when we can get the Disney skylanders game. She asked if there will be princesses. I told her Disney knows how to make money, so yes, there will be princesses.

This thing should sell very well. Tons of girls stuff and tons of boys stuff.

My only question, not knowing anything about skylanders is this: Is there a different game that you get with each skylander. I assume no, because that would be a lot of money. So how does it work? I can buy Lightning McQueen and he just plays in the game with Sully and Mr. Incredible. What am I missing. And Im not asking about the toybox mode. That I get and think is pretty cool. I can already see my creative daughter making some great things

ETA: Should I get this for the wii or PS3. Does it even matter. Wii is in the family room which makes it easier for kids to get to. Not sure how graphics will change on PS3

I watched the youtube link with my kids the other day. My daughter asked yesterday when we can get the Disney skylanders game. She asked if there will be princesses. I told her Disney knows how to make money, so yes, there will be princesses. This thing should sell very well. Tons of girls stuff and tons of boys stuff. My only question, not knowing anything about skylanders is this: Is there a different game that you get with each skylander. I assume no, because that would be a lot of money. So how does it work? I can buy Lightning McQueen and he just plays in the game with Sully and Mr. Incredible. What am I missing. And Im not asking about the toybox mode. That I get and think is pretty cool. I can already see my creative daughter making some great thingsETA: Should I get this for the wii or PS3. Does it even matter. Wii is in the family room which makes it easier for kids to get to. Not sure how graphics will change on PS3
There are 2 Skylanders games. You can use the skylanders sold during the first game with second game. I don't know if you can use the skylander giants with the original game.The graphics on the games should be better with the PS3 than the Wii, probably more detail.

If they truly want to hit all audiences, they need to incorporate the princesses. My daughter is 6 and loves skylanders but also loves everything disney and there is no really thought out princess-content game available. If this allows for that, Disney is going to rake cash in.

One of the cooler things is that you will be able to download other people's creations. I expect to have some fun making things for my kids but being able to grab something already made will be convenient.

Yeah, I pre ordered mine from amazon. Got an extra figure (picked Mater) and an extra disc
Thanks for the reminder. I saw this and I need to contact Toys-R-Us - I "bought" the hold for one several months back but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with the free figure. I'm assuming they will honor the new special and will be pissed if they don't.

One of the cooler things is that you will be able to download other people's creations. I expect to have some fun making things for my kids but being able to grab something already made will be convenient.
My kids are going to freak out - they just recently got in to Minecraft and they are driving me nuts with it. Knowing they can build their own Disney Worlds (pun intended) is going to blow their minds.

any good for a 7 year old girls bday present? she's never played anything but dance revolution type games.
I'm pretty sure its good for almost everybody. The stuff people are going to make and share in the designer/builder are going to be epic and awesome.

WOW. That video resold me. I was admant about not getting it due to the fact that he hasn't touched his Skylanders for months. But what sold me is the creation aspect. He's just getting heavy into Minecraft and this is PERFECT.

any more info on this guys? little girls bday is tomorrow and am still thinking about adding this into her presents.

Yeah, I pre ordered mine from amazon. Got an extra figure (picked Mater) and an extra disc
Thanks for the reminder. I saw this and I need to contact Toys-R-Us - I "bought" the hold for one several months back but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with the free figure. I'm assuming they will honor the new special and will be pissed if they don't.
Checked with Toys-r-us and the hold did include the extra figure. Raiders, is she already in to video or computer games?

ETA - somehow I thought DR included an age

Checked with Toys-r-us and the hold did include the extra figure.Raiders, is she already in to video or computer games?

she's turning 7. on the young end and no she's not into video games.....yet. they fascinate her, we just haven't introduced them yet. she's only played dance revolution type games on the xbox.

Probably not too young and I assume she's in to Disney shows/movies? It doesn't come out for a few weeks still so that may influence your decision but I think she'd enjoy it.

Checked with Toys-r-us and the hold did include the extra figure.Raiders, is she already in to video or computer games?

she's turning 7. on the young end and no she's not into video games.....yet. they fascinate her, we just haven't introduced them yet. she's only played dance revolution type games on the xbox.
she'll probably love it

but you'r opening the pandora's box if you get it for her

Users who are viewing this thread