What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finally..........some good news! (1 Viewer)

MC Gas Money

Footballguy
As I had mentioned recently, I recieved my CDL a little over two months ago. My girlfriend and I live on opposite ends of NYC, pretty much as far apart as two people can be while within the city limits. Because of the distance we do not get to spend a great deal of time together, which is quite a strain on us because we have grown to love eachother very deeply. This has been a significant factor in regards to me making a decision on which area of the city to seek employment.

My goal is to find work in Brooklyn and save up enough money to move out of the Bronx and reside closer to her and eventually live together. It has been difficult for me to make the decision to work so far from where I currently live because I fear that the long daily commute combined with the potential of having to work overtime and weekends, thus reducing the little quality time we currently spend together, would be enough of a physical and emotional drain on me that it would quickly cause me to have another nervous breakdown. Working close to where I live now is just as unthinkable because it would make the transition to Brooklyn nearly impossible any time in the near future.

Now, after much discussion with her parents, they have agreed to let me move in with them once I acquire a job in the area so that her and I can save enough money to rent a place of our own. This makes me incredibly happy because it will allow me to see her every day, move out of this disgusting halfway house and even have enough free time to pursue my art and writing.

I have not been this happy in a very long time, if ever, and I am very hopeful that with all this enormous stress lifted off me that I will be able to keep myself mentally stable enough to maintain a prosperous existence. My girlfriend truly is the best thing to ever happen to me and its wonderful that we no longer have to worry about our relationship being deteriorated due to outside factors. I cant wait to one day give her a beautiful engagement ring and devote myself to her fully.

I know there will be quite a few posts coming of people trying to ruin my mood and bash me by accusing me of being a leech on them or that I am a bad person for saying I did not like her mothers cooking. I was in no way trying to be derogatory towards her, I was simply trying to avoid hurting her feelings because she is one the nicest people ive ever met. You will not rain on my parade either by calling me a leech because I will be helping with chores at every oppurtunity, as well as purchasing groceries and contributing financially in any way needed.

Just wanted to say that I feel great inside and that I appreciate all of you that have been supportive of me. It helps a lot.

I like that you feel nice and that things are getting better for you.

Remember, kiddies. It is nice to be nice.

As I had mentioned recently, I recieved my CDL a little over two months ago. My girlfriend and I live on opposite ends of NYC, pretty much as far apart as two people can be while within the city limits. Because of the distance we do not get to spend a great deal of time together, which is quite a strain on us because we have grown to love eachother very deeply. This has been a significant factor in regards to me making a decision on which area of the city to seek employment.

My goal is to find work in Brooklyn and save up enough money to move out of the Bronx and reside closer to her and eventually live together. It has been difficult for me to make the decision to work so far from where I currently live because I fear that the long daily commute combined with the potential of having to work overtime and weekends, thus reducing the little quality time we currently spend together, would be enough of a physical and emotional drain on me that it would quickly cause me to have another nervous breakdown. Working close to where I live now is just as unthinkable because it would make the transition to Brooklyn nearly impossible any time in the near future.

Now, after much discussion with her parents, they have agreed to let me move in with them once I acquire a job in the area so that her and I can save enough money to rent a place of our own. This makes me incredibly happy because it will allow me to see her every day, move out of this disgusting halfway house and even have enough free time to pursue my art and writing.

I have not been this happy in a very long time, if ever, and I am very hopeful that with all this enormous stress lifted off me that I will be able to keep myself mentally stable enough to maintain a prosperous existence. My girlfriend truly is the best thing to ever happen to me and its wonderful that we no longer have to worry about our relationship being deteriorated due to outside factors. I cant wait to one day give her a beautiful engagement ring and devote myself to her fully.

I know there will be quite a few posts coming of people trying to ruin my mood and bash me by accusing me of being a leech on them or that I am a bad person for saying I did not like her mothers cooking. I was in no way trying to be derogatory towards her, I was simply trying to avoid hurting her feelings because she is one the nicest people ive ever met. You will not rain on my parade either by calling me a leech because I will be helping with chores at every oppurtunity, as well as purchasing groceries and contributing financially in any way needed.

Just wanted to say that I feel great inside and that I appreciate all of you that have been supportive of me. It helps a lot.
Congrats and one of your more eloquent posts ever. You must truly be happy.

Thanks guys.

And im not going to crack 25k because I wont have nearly enough time to spend on here.
I hope this is true....This will hopefully give you less time to troll on subjects such as our government killing 3,000 people on 9/11... Although, I'd be happy to arrange a dinner at a bar in your new borough of Brooklyn with some firefighters I know that would love to hear about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats and one of your more eloquent posts ever. You must truly be happy.
Thanks. Im practicing my writing inn preparation for writing my book. I tried to tell you guys that my posting style was no indication of how educated I am.

I hope my punctuation was ok in the op

Don't know you, but congratulations and good luck.

"which area of New York city.."

Just food for thought...

I'm not sure how New York classifies their CDL licenses, but if you moved to Ohio/Indiana (guessing most of the midwest?), you could certainly afford a decent apartment with the lowest class CDL. If you drive semi, you should be able to buy a house within a year or two. Be a good worker and bust a hump on a route truck for a few years and there's a pretty good chance you could be in line for sales/supervision.

Thanks guys.

And im not going to crack 25k because I wont have nearly enough time to spend on here.
I hope this is true....This will hopefully give you less time to troll on subjects such as our government killing 3,000 people on 9/11... Although, I'd be happy to arrange a dinner at a bar in your new borough of Brooklyn with some firefighters I know that would love to hear about this.
and away we go!

For those playing at home, #12 is the winning ticket.

Good on you. Don't get penisy...I mean dongy...no cocky, I mean don't get cocky.

Ah the hell with it, have fun.

Thanks guys.

I dont troll I just express my honest opinion.The other day you said you thought it was great that I was working on bettering myself, and I also apologized to the boards for anything I did that was wrong, so why are you still being mean?

I have the utmost respect for firefighters, I even wanted to be one and took and aced the written and physical exams, but declined to attend the academy because I didnt think I was suited to the career.

How does believing that 9/11 was a conspiracy have any bearing on my feelings about firefighters? I used to know a firefighter and he took no offense to my opinions about that day, and its certain that there are firefighters who share the same feelings.

I respect and admire their bravery. The events of that day only increases my admiration of them for the sacrifices they made on the most frightening dayin US history except possibly the attack on pearl harbor. Your post doesnt make any sense.

Anyway, its clear im working hard to conduct myself in a more appropriate manner, such as reducing the frequency of my post,so you really dont have tonbe so verbally abusive. It isnt that hard to be more civilized towards people.

Id be delighted to meet your friends in the FDNY and express my gratitude and sorrow for their brothers that were murdered.

:'(

Thanks guys.

and away we go!

For those playing at home, #12 is the winning ticket.
I dont get it

Thanks guys.

and away we go!For those playing at home, #12 is the winning ticket.
I dont get it
The raffle. For how many posts it'd take for the trolling to begin.

Just food for thought...

I'm not sure how New York classifies their CDL licenses, but if you moved to Ohio/Indiana (guessing most of the midwest?), you could certainly afford a decent apartment with the lowest class CDL. If you drive semi, you should be able to buy a house within a year or two. Be a good worker and bust a hump on a route truck for a few years and there's a pretty good chance you could be in line for sales/supervision.
Thank youI would love nothing more than to leave NY but unfortunately my girlfriend is unsure about leaving her family here, we have been discussing a lot though.

I have worked in sales before and there may be no other job I am less suited for.

Thanks guys.

I dont get it
Oh

What is the grand prize at stake?

Thanks guys.

I dont get it
OhWhat is the grand prize at stake?
A minor role in your upcoming book ;)

All kidding aside, just make sure you focus on keeping things real copasetic when living with her parents and get out asap. That seems like a minefield to me, but I've never done it.

Just food for thought...

Thank youI would love nothing more than to leave NY but unfortunately my girlfriend is unsure about leaving her family here, we have been discussing a lot though.

I have worked in sales before and there may be no other job I am less suited for.
Gotcha. What kind of sales? I've worked in food/beverage distribution and the sales positions are a bit more on your feet/hands on than throwing a suit on/sitting behind a desk, etc. More one on one/inventory/physical labor.

Thanks guys.

I dont get it
Well, the correct answer is 1.

Thanks guys.

I dont troll I just express my honest opinion.The other day you said you thought it was great that I was working on bettering myself, and I also apologized to the boards for anything I did that was wrong, so why are you still being mean?

I have the utmost respect for firefighters, I even wanted to be one and took and aced the written and physical exams, but declined to attend the academy because I didnt think I was suited to the career.

How does believing that 9/11 was a conspiracy have any bearing on my feelings about firefighters? I used to know a firefighter and he took no offense to my opinions about that day, and its certain that there are firefighters who share the same feelings.

I respect and admire their bravery. The events of that day only increases my admiration of them for the sacrifices they made on the most frightening dayin US history except possibly the attack on pearl harbor. Your post doesnt make any sense.

Anyway, its clear im working hard to conduct myself in a more appropriate manner, such as reducing the frequency of my post,so you really dont have tonbe so verbally abusive. It isnt that hard to be more civilized towards people.

Id be delighted to meet your friends in the FDNY and express my gratitude and sorrow for their brothers that were murdered.

You start another thread, you get trolled, and you provide a long response defending yourself. Rinse and repeat. You just never learn. :lmao:

Just food for thought...

Gotcha. What kind of sales? I've worked in food/beverage distribution and the sales positions are a bit more on your feet/hands on than throwing a suit on/sitting behind a desk, etc. More one on one/inventory/physical labor.
Pretty sure those are the kind of things he meant by a job he is least suited for.

Thanks guys.

You start another thread, you get trolled, and you provide a long response defending yourself. Rinse and repeat. You just never learn. :lmao:
Im just being honest, so what the heck are you talking about?

And why am I always called a troll when i have never once gone out of my way to just insult someone in their thread?

Im the one always being trolled hardcore. Even if I just posted a video of kittens cuddling id get 10 responses calling me gay.

Thanks guys.

Im just being honest, so what the heck are you talking about?And why am I always called a troll when i have never once gone out of my way to just insult someone in their thread?

Im the one always being trolled hardcore. Even if I just posted a video of kittens cuddling id get 10 responses calling me gay.
thats what he said

Just food for thought...

Selling worthless gold and silver coins for 500% of their value over the phone. I was atrocious at it. The worst salesman ever. The majority of the sales the other people made were to near senile elderly people who didnt know any better or knew how to use the internet to research that the stuff we sold was worthless.

I just was not comfortable constantly lying and basically robbing people.

I closed one sale because I was on the phone with an old guy for 30 minutes and he agreed to buy after I called him a piker.

His card got declined.

I was the only employee who got paid a small salary instead of just commission because the boss felt bad for me. She liked me a lot and didnt have the heart to fire me. One day after 2 months of frustration I started to cry and ran to the bathroom. I quit after that because it was humiliating.

Thanks guys.

Im just being honest, so what the heck are you talking about?

And why am I always called a troll when i have never once gone out of my way to just insult someone in their thread?

Did you even read what I posted? I said that you were the one who was trolled.

Thanks guys.

I dont get it
OhWhat is the grand prize at stake?
A minor role in your upcoming book ;) All kidding aside, just make sure you focus on keeping things real copasetic when living with her parents and get out asap. That seems like a minefield to me, but I've never done it.
Not really. They are very nice people, and not like they are just doing me a favor. It will allow their daughter and I to save for a place, Iim pretty sure they would finally like to see her leave the nest at 31.

So it will eventually benefit them too, and even while I am their contributing some money because they are struggling financially after damages to their home from hurricane sandy wiped out their savings and left them in significant debt.

The truly messed up thing is that they had homeowners insurance but it covered very little and people in the neighborhood who didnt have insurance had all their repairs paid for by federal disaster relief.

They actually got reemed hard for being responsible while the uninsured actually came out with some cash on top of the free repairs.

Isnt America great?

Thanks guys.

Im just being honest, so what the heck are you talking about?And why am I always called a troll when i have never once gone out of my way to just insult someone in their thread?

I know that. I was making a point that im not a troll but I always get accused of it.

Great for you bud. Now focus on getting a job and make sure you treat her parents with the respect THEY think they deserve, not the respect you think they deserve. (Not saying those are necessarily different but remember, their house, their rules)

Thanks guys.

I know that. I was making a point that im not a troll but I always get accused of it.
Ok good. This has started out as a positive thread. Try not to let it get derailed. Just learn to ignore. :oldunsure:

Great for you bud. Now focus on getting a job and make sure you treat her parents with the respect THEY think they deserve, not the respect you think they deserve. (Not saying those are necessarily different but remember, their house, their rules)
Thank you.

We are both in our 30's so there really arent any rules. Its not like we ever make a commotion, we just watch TV in her room and try to hump as quietly as possible.

Her parents are very active In the local democrats club.A couple of months ago her father asked if I drank. I confirmed I did so he asked why he never saw me have a beer on the weekends. I told him I didnt think it would be appropriate to drink in their home. His response...

" of course not, you can have a few beers. I would join you but I cant drink anymore because of my medication"

They are pretty liberal.

When is the big moving day?
When I get a job down there. Now that I know I can start looking In brooklyn without without risking our relationship and my health Im going to start filling out applications and sending in resumes this weekend while im down there and during the week, the driving school will provide me with leads that will hire inexperienced drivers.

They helped me make a good resume. Its about 80% BS but it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread