What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What fraction of timschochet's posts are blatantly plagiarized? (1 Viewer)

Please indicate your best estimate

• 100% - it's all lifted from somewhere else

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • 60-79%

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • 40-59%

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • 20-39%

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • 1-19%

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • 0% - it's still real to me

Votes: 13 9.5%

• Total voters
None of the above. Those are percentages. Please put them in the form of a fraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D I suppose "blatant plagiarized" is correct, since I've never denied it. However, the example you posted is not a good one, since I had to change so much of it around to suit my purposes that probably only about 30% of it can be attributed to the original source (which any reader of that thread knows is Rock of Ages.) But enjoy your fun :thumbup:

ETA- wrong post, sorry. The one you cited was from earlier in the thread, and taken directly from a website, which I also admitted at the time.

:D I suppose "blatant plagiarized" is correct, since I've never denied it. However, the example you posted is not a good one, since I had to change so much of it around to suit my purposes that probably only about 30% of it can be attributed to the original source (which any reader of that thread knows is Rock of Ages.) But enjoy your fun :thumbup:

ETA- wrong post, sorry. The one you cited was from earlier in the thread, and taken directly from a website, which I also admitted at the time.
30%? It's word-for-word from this website.http://www.writers-free-reference.com/page03.htm

30%? It's word-for-word from this website.http://www.writers-f....com/page03.htm
Yeah. Please read the bolded. I thought he was referring to a different posting. It's true that that one was taken directly, before I had my source book in hand, and I admitted it at the time. I've never tried to pretend anything else.

30%? It's word-for-word from this website.http://www.writers-free-reference.com/page03.htm
But only 30% of the page was copied.

30%? It's word-for-word from this website.http://www.writers-f....com/page03.htm
Yeah. Please read the bolded. I thought he was referring to a different posting. It's true that that one was taken directly, before I had my source book in hand, and I admitted it at the time. I've never tried to pretend anything else.
It's okay - I know it must be hard keeping track of which posts are copied from where.Anyway, when you post it without citing a source, you are implying that it is your own, and thus are plagiarizing. I stand by my approx. 50% answer.

Anyway, when you post it without citing a source, you are implying that it is your own, and thus are plagiarizing. I stand by my approx. 50% answer.
This is a fair point. I don't care where the info is coming from, but it should be sourced properly on each post.

Regardless, you are suppose to cite your sources. You get a FAIL for this paper.

Regardless, you are suppose to cite your sources. You get a FAIL for this paper.
Well professor I didn't know I had to cite my sources, I thought if I paraphrased it would be ok.

Well professor I didn't know I had to cite my sources, I thought if I paraphrased it would be ok.
For future reference And be sure to read the syllabus next time Mr.

Unless I missed a post, you didn't "admit" to any plagiarism until days later. I still don't get why an academic like yourself is unwillingly to list any sources used at the end of the post; no matter if you're using the same source over and over or not. You realize that anyone who comes into that thread and doesn't read the first 5 or so pages will be completely oblivious to any sources you are using?

Unless I missed a post, you didn't "admit" to any plagiarism until days later. I still don't get why an academic like yourself is unwillingly to list any sources used at the end of the post; no matter if you're using the same source over and over or not. You realize that anyone who comes into that thread and doesn't read the first 5 or so pages will be completely oblivious to any sources you are using?
what?!? I thought he was a jewish(non practicing of course) slumlord/property mgr?

I don't care, which is probably why Tim doesn't bother me as much as he does some of you. In fact, listing his sources would probably annoy me.

The internet is serious business, Tim, and I am afraid you will have to be expelled. I found this in Section 8, Paragraph 3 of the FFA Handbook (PDF available):

If the FFA finds that a poster has committed plagiarism, notice of this fact will be placed in the posters's forum record. When deemed appropriate, the FFA can request that a student be dismissed from the forum for violating these policies. For more on this process, and for an explanation of the appeals procedure, see The FFA Handbook, 2011 Editon.
My condolences...perhaps the LCM (latinachubbymature.com) forums will be a better place for you to post.

The internet is serious business, Tim, and I am afraid you will have to be expelled. I found this in Section 8, Paragraph 3 of the FFA Handbook (PDF available):

If the FFA finds that a poster has committed plagiarism, notice of this fact will be placed in the posters's forum record. When deemed appropriate, the FFA can request that a student be dismissed from the forum for violating these policies. For more on this process, and for an explanation of the appeals procedure, see The FFA Handbook, 2011 Editon.
My condolences...perhaps the LCM (latinachubbymature.com) forums will be a better place for you to post.
Sorry, we can't find "latinachubbymature.com". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.
:rant: :rant:

Great moments in FFA plagiarism history

ThomasA lifts his entry from another source in the Smack Off Tournament. Shamed, he abruptly leaves the board and is never heard from again.

bueno engages yours truly in a political argument and manages to lift a few paragraphs from Ann Coulter. Called out by an unlikely source, he lacks contrition and suggests that Ann's ideas weren't that original anyway.

Konotay (aka golddigger), engaged in a debate bloodbath regarding evolution, feels overwhelmed and resorts to posting some drivel by a guy at the Discovery Institute as his own ideas. In a manner eerily similar to bueno, he lashes out at his accusers and proclaims that he got too lazy to type up something similar himself. This of course coming in the wake of claiming that he never even cites the Discovery Institute much less steals their stuff. Konotay decides that MasterOfOrion is his least sullied alias and rolls with that from then on. He also makes wild accusations about various posters being a "Pickles alias."

timschochet (aka Mr. Ham) retypes a majority of his material in his Civil War thread without proper attribution. When challenged, he says he mentioned this up front, but people have a difficult time finding any of his original thoughts in his posts. Similar transgressions appear in his threads about WWII and the History of Rock and Roll

Seems like Mr. Pickles has had sufficient time to correct the title. The error was pointed out fairly early in this thread, and yet he continues to flaunt the improper verbiage. I find this behavior to be despicable, all the more so given that he is an educator. Or academic/researcher. You know what I meant, non-worker.

timschochet (aka Mr. Ham) retypes a majority of his material in his Civil War thread without proper attribution. When challenged, he says he mentioned this up front, but people have a difficult time finding any of his original thoughts in his posts. Similar transgressions appear in his threads about WWII and the History of Rock and Roll
In both the World War II and and Civil War threads, the sources I used can be found in the opening post. With very few exceptions, I transcribed directly out of books which I noted, and sometimes added my own commentary. I wrote of my intention to do it up front, and very rarely have I ever used internet sources. The only reason that I used internet sources on the rock and roll thread is because my source book hadn't arrived yet. Now that it has, I don't expect to use the internet again. If I do I will note it.But the narrative threads are meant to be fun, informative and platforms for discussion, nothing more. I have never tried to represent this stuff as my own, and I never will.

The only reason that I used internet sources on the rock and roll thread is because my source book hadn't arrived yet. Now that it has, I don't expect to use the internet again. If I do I will note it.
This isn't an issue of internet vs. book sources. Anything that isn't yours needs to be cited. So cite it.

Users who are viewing this thread