What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beginner's Guide : 10 Rules of Badminton (2 Viewers)

Baloney Sandwich

Footballguy
The sport of badminton is supposed to have originated in Greece, about 2000 years ago.

From there it spread to other parts of Europe, Asia and the World. Today, it's a popular sport worldwide, both at amateur and professional levels. The following article contains the 10 rules of badminton and other regulations that you familiarize yourself with to play the sport.

Badminton is played with two single or two teams of two players each. It is a racquet sport. The rectangular court is divided into two halves with a net in the centre. Unlike other racquet games like squash or tennis badminton does not use a ball. It is played with a feathered projectile, which is called a shuttlecock.

Shuttlecocks characteristically are light weight and are thereby affected by the wind. Thus professional badminton is played indoors as even the slightest breeze can effect the direction of the shuttlecock. The 10 rules of badminton given below are valid for both professional and amateur badminton games.

The game involves the two opponents hitting the shuttlecock over the net into the other person's side. The rally ends when the shuttlecock touches the ground. Only one stroke is allowed to pass it over the net. One badminton match is made up of three games, of 21 points each. Professional badminton games are of five kinds: Men's singles, Men's doubles, Mixed doubles, Women's singles and Women's Doubles.

In a badminton match, the court size for a single's game is 44 feet long X 17 feet wide and for a doubles match it is 44 feet long X 20 feet wide. The height of the net is 5 feet.

The 10 rules of badminton are as follows:

1. A game starts with a coin toss. Whoever wins the toss gets to decide whether they would serve or receive first OR what side of the court they want to be on. The side losing the toss shall then exercise the remaining choice.

2. At no time during the game should the player touch the net, with his racquet or his body.

3. The shuttlecock should not be carried on or come to rest on the racquet.

4. A player should not reach over the net to hit the shuttlecock.

5. A serve must carry cross court (diagonally) to be valid.

6. During the serve, a player should not touch any of the lines of the court, until the server strikes the shuttlecock. During the serve the shuttlecock should always be hit from below the waist.

7. A point is added to a player's score as and when he wins a rally.

8. A player wins a rally when he strikes the shuttlecock and it touches the floor of the opponent's side of the court or when the opponent commits a fault. The most common type of fault is when a player fails to hit the shuttlecock over the net or it lands outside the boundary of the court.

9. Each side can strike the shuttlecock only once before it passes over the net. Once hit, a player can't strike the shuttlecock in a new movement or shot.

10. The shuttlecock hitting the ceiling, is counted as a fault.

Learning and inculcating the 10 rules of badminton is the first step towards getting into the game. Besides these, it's a good idea to get to know more about the equipment laws, which govern what equipments can be used - the design of the racquet, the weight and shape of the shuttlecock (for correct speed). Surprisingly there is no rule for the minimum height of the ceiling, but nevertheless, a low ceiling would be problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at my office this morning around a quarter until 8 when I get a text from one of my wife's really good friends. It is a photo bomb picture of two couples on the beach with a naked guy with his dong showing in the background. Along with the picture she wrote "were u laying out when u should have been at work yesterday?". Now, we don't really have a texting relationship as she is my wife's friend although there have been times we have texted each other infrequently in the past. On my end, it is usually when I'm with my wife and her name will come up and my wife will say "You should text that to her".

I decided to text back "Not me, I don't manscape" seeing how the guy in the pic looked like he must have just taking a bath in Nair. She responded back "Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!".

Do you think she is just having some innocent fun with me or is she testing the waters for some potential side action?
This is the part that gets me kind of. My my wife and I have several mutual couple friends and while it's not abnormal at all for me to text the female SO or my wife the male SO of these counterparts that's pretty much always for logistical reasons or things there's can of an unspoken rule that the girls text the girls and the guys the guys when there is some anecdote worth sharing, especially if it's sexual in nature.

ETA: If not clear, my conclusion is that your wife secretly wants to swing.

C'mon Ron Jeremy. You can't figure this one out by yourself? She wants a 3 way and so does your wife.

I'm at my office this morning around a quarter until 8 when I get a text from one of my wife's really good friends. It is a photo bomb picture of two couples on the beach with a naked guy with his dong showing in the background. Along with the picture she wrote "were u laying out when u should have been at work yesterday?". Now, we don't really have a texting relationship as she is my wife's friend although there have been times we have texted each other infrequently in the past. On my end, it is usually when I'm with my wife and her name will come up and my wife will say "You should text that to her".

I decided to text back "Not me, I don't manscape" seeing how the guy in the pic looked like he must have just taking a bath in Nair. She responded back "Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!".

Do you think she is just having some innocent fun with me or is she testing the waters for some potential side action?
This is the part that gets me kind of. My my wife and I have several mutual couple friends and while it's not abnormal at all for me to text the female SO or my wife the male SO of these counterparts that's pretty much always for logistical reasons or things there's can of an unspoken rule that the girls text the girls and the guys the guys when there is some anecdote worth sharing, especially if it's sexual in nature.

ETA: If not clear, my conclusion is that your wife secretly wants to swing.
Pretty sure my wife doesn't want to swing but even if she did I know for a fact she wouldn't want it to be with this friend's husband

Is it Friday already? Get a pair of crocs, send her a picture of your junk and report back.

C'mon Ron Jeremy. You can't figure this one out by yourself? She wants a 3 way and so does your wife.
Honestly, that's how I read it as well. Your wife tells you to text her, correct? And she's telling you stuff that your wife says about you to her......

Honestly, that's how I read it as well. Your wife tells you to text her, correct? And she's telling you stuff that your wife says about you to her......
Exactly. Everyone above that is saying to delete the text or run away fast is totally misreading this one.

We need pictures of course.

She either thinks you're cool enough that she can send you a nsfw picture she thinks is funny, or she thinks you like pictures of naked dudes.

All the more reason to bring it to the wife. Let her suggest it
Yes, of course. It's called a "3 way" for a reason. Communication has to be between all 3.

Tell the wife, but not in an accusatory sort of way. In other words, just play it off like, "Look at this funny text your friend sent me," and let her read the exchange. For one, it shows you have nothing to hide, and two, if the wife gets mad, then it will be because she didn't like it, not because you hid something or because you thought it was odd.

Clarification needed....

- ur balls of fun!

or

- ur balls are fun!
It was as I wrote it...ur balls of fun
I don't get how that reply applies to you saying you don't manscape.
It doesn't. Yet another clue that she wants some action. She replies back referring to his balls and not the manscape comment.
If she was referring directly to his balls than that would be responding to the manscape comment. She's saying HE'S not fun because he doesn't manscape.

Clarification needed....

- ur balls of fun!

or

- ur balls are fun!
It doesn't. Yet another clue that she wants some action. She replies back referring to his balls and not the manscape comment.
If she was referring directly to his balls than that would be responding to the manscape comment. She's saying HE'S not fun because he doesn't manscape.
You got that he's not fun out of this: "Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!".

Ok.

Ok I'll bite. How hot is the wife's friend?
cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS7.jpg

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633

Clarification needed....

- ur balls of fun!

or

- ur balls are fun!
You got that he's not fun out of this: "Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!".

Ok.
He said: Not me, I don't manscape

She said: Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!

In conversation terms this is saying....I'm surprised you don't manscape cuz your wife said you're fun.

cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS7.jpg

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633
I like your example of a 6 more than your example of a 7 so tough for me to put evaluate off of those but from your scale descriptions I would say a solid 7, at times a 7.5

I've heard it said that there is no greater gap in any walk of life than that between the winner and loser of the Super Bowl. To get all the way to the pinnacle, only to be cast down based on the outcome of one single game while the winner embarks on sixth-month frenzy of celebration.

But that divide between champion and also-ran pales in comparison to the yawning chasm that exists between 5 and 6 on the offdee rating scale.

I've heard it said that there is no greater gap in any walk of life than that between the winner and loser of the Super Bowl. To get all the way to the pinnacle, only to be cast down based on the outcome of one single game while the winner embarks on sixth-month frenzy of celebration.

But that divide between champion and also-ran pales in comparison to the yawning chasm that exists between 5 and 6 on the offdee rating scale.
:lol:

Sounds like she is starting to wonder if she's been missing out on something by not experiencing more sausage in her life, and she wants to try yours...

Fire, you're playing with it.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread