What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My son just got served and now it's on (2 Viewers)

dutch

Footballguy
Age old scenario: verbal exchange on the soccer field at recess led to my son being told he was going to get his a** kicked tomorrow after school. Just got off the phone with him and my boy sounds worried. Tonight should make for some interesting conversation when I get home.

We're talking 6th graders here, btw.

Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first
:goodposting:

No talking trash, no pre-fight pushing and shoving. Tell him to go in swinging and don't stop until someone is dead. :thumbup:

:idontpush:
yeah, that's the way I'm leaning. I may even lend him a roll of quarters. The other kid'll never see that coming.

Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first

No talking trash, no pre-fight pushing and shoving. Tell him to go in swinging and don't stop until someone is dead. :thumbup:

Yup. Kids at that age usually have never taken a punch. If you land the first one, you'll win 90% of the time, and there won't be a 2nd punch.

Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first

yeah, that's the way I'm leaning. I may even lend him a roll of quarters. The other kid'll never see that coming.
Make sure he hits with the big nuckles (pointer, middle finger) and not the little ones...Boxer fracture of the 5th metacarpal are quite common. Speaking from experience, only it was a wall and not a 6th grader.

dutch said:
Age old scenario: verbal exchange on the soccer field at recess led to my son being told he was going to get his a** kicked tomorrow after school.
I'm gonna kick your a** punk!!! tomorrow

Maybe equip him with some brass knuckles or a sap or something along those lines. Make an example out of this kid so no one bothers him again.

Alright, so it sounds like most here agree that going to the teacher/principal before hand is out of the question. I figured as much. I'm going to give my son the old "I don't like you fighting but if you have to protect yourself do what you gotta do" speech.

eta: and make sure you hit first

Last edited by a moderator:
Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first

Yup. Kids at that age usually have never taken a punch. If you land the first one, you'll win 90% of the time, and there won't be a 2nd punch.
Also, at that age (and a great deal of others), a quick jab to the nose and a follow up gut shot will end any fight.

I think a subcompact .380 like a Beretta Bodyguard is the play here. Small enough caliber that he should be able to handle the recoil, yet should be sufficient pop to take the other kid down.

/shtick
Avoid if reasonably possible... if not, hit first, hit hard, then take the fight to the ground.

Going to the principal will sadly lead to much more harassment.

Not getting hit hard is just as important as hitting the other guy.

His left hand should be able to block everything but a left hook. Make sure he keeps that up near his face and then he can throw some haymakers with his right.

You should have him put his hands down by his side and slap him across the face a few times pretty hard tonight. Let him know what it feels like so if he does get hit in the fight he will realize it isn't the end of the world.

Just make sure CPS isn't on speed dial.

Another issue- do we tell mom? I'm thinking no but when she finds out tomorrow that I knew about this already my a** may get kicked also.

His left hand should be able to block everything but a left hook. Make sure he keeps that up near his face and then he can throw some haymakers with his right.

You should have him put his hands down by his side and slap him across the face a few times pretty hard tonight. Let him know what it feels like so if he does get hit in the fight he will realize it isn't the end of the world.

Great advice. I already knock him around a bit in jest but now I'll let him know to be ready for real this time.

Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first

Also, at that age (and a great deal of others), a quick jab to the nose and a follow up gut shot will end any fight.
This is solid advice. Nose shot >>> Side of head. Drawing blood as a 6th grader will make him a legend.

Al Swearengen agrees with this.

Teach him how to throw a quick jab and how to double up on it. No need for wild looping punching. Two of those to the nose and the other kid will quit.

Are these minorities? If yes then send him in packing. If not then work on his slapping skills tonight.

Also, sleeping with the other kid's mom would be illegal, these are 12 year olds for crying out loud. The correct move is to sleep with the other kid's older sister

Strike First, Strike Hard, no mercy sir.

Also I really thought this was about dancing until i opened the thread.

Getting served will always be about dance teams thanks to the magnus opus "You got Served"

Another issue- do we tell mom? I'm thinking no but when she finds out tomorrow that I knew about this already my a** may get kicked also.
Jesus...no. No man. And if somehow you're outed, deny deny deny. Get a Chinese wife and no worries there.
FYP
lol I thought you were JC. I think the color combination on the avatars confused me.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm half-Thai, so at least the Asian aspect of the joke was somewhat relevant.

As a retired school-yard fighter I have some advice to offer. Some has been covered already, but my EXPERT OPINION on the matter should help bring it all togehter.

1. The other kid(s) are expecting him to be scared. First thing he should do when he gets to school tomorrow is find the other boy and say, "Where and when are we doing this? I want to make sure I'm not late."

2. When the "fight" is set to begin, the expectation is that there will be some talking and jawing and swearing followed by someone shoving someone else. If the other kid comes in for the shove, your son absolutely without fail needs to punch him in the nose. Not the chest or stomach or chin but the nose. If he lands one good shot on the nose the fight will be over.

3. The same goes in reverse, if the other kid hits your son in the nose your boy will end up on the ground crying and that will be that.

4. In the unlikely event that the fight actually turns in to a real fight and not just some kids swearing at each other, he wants to take the fight to the ground if he's bigger and stay off the ground if he is smaller.

5. Kicking the other kid in the nuts is absolutely acceptable. Biting is not.

But I'd bet good money that if he does #1 with any confidence the other kid won't even show up.

You and me, we're gonna have a fight. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed.

- Buddy Revell

IIRC, Kevin Weeks, associate of Whitey Bulger, on schoolyard fighting: "You had to show up. It doesn't matter if you got your ### kicked, but you had to show up."

As a retired school-yard fighter I have some advice to offer. Some has been covered already, but my EXPERT OPINION on the matter should help bring it all togehter.

1. The other kid(s) are expecting him to be scared. First thing he should do when he gets to school tomorrow is find the other boy and say, "Where and when are we doing this? I want to make sure I'm not late."

2. When the "fight" is set to begin, the expectation is that there will be some talking and jawing and swearing followed by someone shoving someone else. If the other kid comes in for the shove, your son absolutely without fail needs to punch him in the nose. Not the chest or stomach or chin but the nose. If he lands one good shot on the nose the fight will be over.

3. The same goes in reverse, if the other kid hits your son in the nose your boy will end up on the ground crying and that will be that.

4. In the unlikely event that the fight actually turns in to a real fight and not just some kids swearing at each other, he wants to take the fight to the ground if he's bigger and stay off the ground if he is smaller.

5. Kicking the other kid in the nuts is absolutely acceptable. Biting is not.

But I'd bet good money that if he does #1 with any confidence the other kid won't even show up.
I was :yes: all the way until #5. Don't be that guy teaching a nut shot is ok.

If your going to do the others, don't resort to the cheap shot because that is going to be the other kids excuse why he went down. Quick shot to the face or ground and pound. I would guess this is going to be two kids in each others face and each saying throw the punch. No you throw the punch, etc.

Josie Maran said:
fruity pebbles said:
hit first

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the other kid will be surprised when your kid offers to buy a game of PacMan afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread