What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (4 Viewers)

any word on if the pistons have been sold yet? They are doomed until this chick sells the team because her mantra is spend no money. I doubt they even use the mid-level exception. UGH

i am still kind of flummoxed over kerr leaving phoenix. there goes any chance of amare re-signing with the suns! what's your back up plan, sarver? trade another draft pick for cash?

Draft on June 24th.Free Agency on July 1st.Hopefully a big summer of moves can get that dreadful finals from our heads.
This is going to be a historic NBA off-season with the caliber of players who are free agents, and how the movement (or lack of) will impact the league for years to come.Looking forward to it!

Word out of Sac Town is the Kings like Cousins.
this would make sense prior to the trade yesterday. if anything, i think this signals their intent to trade down in the draft. they can drop 7-10 spots in the draft to get help in the backcourt. they will get someone to pair with tyreke, whether it is a PG or SG.

this would make sense prior to the trade yesterday. if anything, i think this signals their intent to trade down in the draft. they can drop 7-10 spots in the draft to get help in the backcourt. they will get someone to pair with tyreke, whether it is a PG or SG.
I also heard a rumor that the Kings were looking to package the #5 and Garcia to Detroit for the #7 and Prince. I don't understand that myself.

I also heard a rumor that the Kings were looking to package the #5 and Garcia to Detroit for the #7 and Prince. I don't understand that myself.
garcia signed a long-term contract; prince expires next season. prince would give them some veteran leadership too.

I think cousins still makes sense. dalembert has 1 year left on his deal and the team has no true backup at the position.

what trade happened yesterday?
Dalembert to the Kings for Nocioni and Hawes.
What was the point in that?
Both teams are likely positioning themselves for the draft.From Chad Ford:
The real ramifications of Samuel Dalembert's trade from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Sacramento Kings may come during the NBA draft.The Sixers have been deciding whether to select Evan Turner or Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. Although Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.For the Kings, this also could change their draft equation.The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow the Kings to address another need at the 3. Sacramento has been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

I think cousins still makes sense. dalembert has 1 year left on his deal and the team has no true backup at the position.
RightCousins can come off the bench for the first year. If they decide to let SD go after this year it frees up cap room.

The Sixers have been deciding whether to select Evan Turner or Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. Although Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.
In other words, Doug COllins is doing everything he can to get himself fired before he really gets started.

One of the rumors out of Denver here (and I hope it is only that) has the Nuggets, who do not have a pick in the entire draft, trading Ty Lawson to try and get a big man from the draft.

I will :yucky: if this is true. The Nuggets need help in the middle agreed, but trading the only depth/future at the PG position we have is a joke. Chauncey is not getting any younger and that really showed towards the end of this season. Unless Denver can get a semi-star in that trade (which is not going to happen), this would be a huge mistake IMO.

I really am concerned about this team. I can see it being blown up if they do not do anything this year--which may mean Anthony starts looking elsewhere in the future

I don't know about that. They were trying to get Dalembert before but deals fell through for whatever reason. Brockman, Thompson alongside Dalembert/Landry give them a big frontline. They are limited offensively, sure, but that's not their problem. Dalembert gives them some shotblocking and rebounding. Landry is an effort guy and is surprisingly effective. They need to decide what they want to do with Tyreke. Give him someone to work with at G and they can grab someone later in the draft to run alongside him.

any word on if the pistons have been sold yet? They are doomed until this chick sells the team because her mantra is spend no money. I doubt they even use the mid-level exception. UGH
The Pistons will be lottery bound until they can get rid of Gordon's and Charlie V's contract.
That Charlie V contract was a happy day for milwaukee fans. If Charlie had drive and disipline he could be good, but he does not.

The Sixers have been deciding whether to select Evan Turner or Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. Although Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.
In other words, Doug COllins is doing everything he can to get himself fired before he really gets started.
I don't know about that. I think it depends on what you think of Derrick Favors. If Favors is the next Dwight Howard then making a play for him is pretty good.

I hope the Clippers get someone good via draft or trade or free agency, I don't care where as long as they don't get hurt.

I don't know about that. They were trying to get Dalembert before but deals fell through for whatever reason. Brockman, Thompson alongside Dalembert/Landry give them a big frontline. They are limited offensively, sure, but that's not their problem. Dalembert gives them some shotblocking and rebounding. Landry is an effort guy and is surprisingly effective. They need to decide what they want to do with Tyreke. Give him someone to work with at G and they can grab someone later in the draft to run alongside him.
landry and brockman are both badly undersized generally, and thompson is undersized at center. As you mentioned, cousins brings a different skillset and would pair well with dalembert. IMO, saying the kings could afford to pass up the BPA at 5 (who by most accounts would be cousins if he's still there) simply because they acquired dalembert for a 1 year trial, would be inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Clippers get someone good via draft or trade or free agency, I don't care where as long as they don't get hurt.
i think a real question is what they are going to do with Baron. he has a silly contract that likely means he can't be moved but, with so many teams with cap space, maybe it will happen? he's played terribly for dunleavy and doesn't look like a good fit for the players that were on the roster. given the turnover there, maybe they will find pieces to fit?

landry and brockman are both badly undersized generally, and thompson is undersized at center. As you mentioned, cousins brings a different skillset and would pair well with dalembert. IMO, saying the kings could afford to pass up the BPA at 5 (who by most accounts would be cousins if he's still there) simply because they acquired dalembert for a 1 year trial, would be inaccurate.
here's the depth chart for the kings next season:Udrih/Evans

Evans/Garcia/

Casspi/Greene

Landry/Thompson

Dalembert/Brockman

Landry might be undersized but he's very effective. Thompson is better suited at PF and Brockman is another hustle guy. Both are bench players. Both Dalembert and Landry will be in the last year's of their respective contracts. I like Cousins but the question of discipline, desire and effort are there for him. He's talented but lazy. That's not going to fly with Westphal and some of the other players on Sac.

I think the Favors vs Cousins workout will show a lot about Demarcus. A lot.

I have heard alot of chatter about New Orleans moving Okafor and possibly Collison for cap space. Does anyone see this happening? A team like the Knicks could really benefit from a trade like this if they offered Curry and Chandler.

I don't know about that. I think it depends on what you think of Derrick Favors. If Favors is the next Dwight Howard then making a play for him is pretty good.
I don't think favors is near that good. And even I'd he approached that level, recent history says that the next brandon roy or next dwayne wade is every but as valuable as the next dwight howard.

Prediction: Wade stays with the HeatBosh signs with the HeatLebron signs with the BullsAmare signs with the Knicks
I think Wade is going to stay, and he'll get either Bosh or Stoudemire to join him in Miami.LeBron is a toss-up. There's a new rumor every day it seems regarding Cleveland, Chicago, and NY. The only public comments he has made is that the Cavs have the tie-breaker, but he supposdely refused to talk with Izzo (or endorse him) so that could be seen as a mixed signal.

One of the rumors out of Denver here (and I hope it is only that) has the Nuggets, who do not have a pick in the entire draft, trading Ty Lawson to try and get a big man from the draft.I will :yucky: if this is true. The Nuggets need help in the middle agreed, but trading the only depth/future at the PG position we have is a joke. Chauncey is not getting any younger and that really showed towards the end of this season. Unless Denver can get a semi-star in that trade (which is not going to happen), this would be a huge mistake IMO.I really am concerned about this team. I can see it being blown up if they do not do anything this year--which may mean Anthony starts looking elsewhere in the future
as a syracuse fan my dream would be for Minnesota to draft Wes and then next year when melo's contract is up go after him....i know there probably isn't much hope for this but i can always wish

I have heard alot of chatter about New Orleans moving Okafor and possibly Collison for cap space. Does anyone see this happening? A team like the Knicks could really benefit from a trade like this if they offered Curry and Chandler.
collison isn't costing them anything really. it's okafor that is expensive! chandler is a nice player but it remains to be seen if he is a product of the d'antoni system. i'd rather hold onto collison.

i am still kind of flummoxed over kerr leaving phoenix. there goes any chance of amare re-signing with the suns! what's your back up plan, sarver? trade another draft pick for cash?
How do they compete next season, and if they don't have a method of acquiring another big time talent, what's the point of keeping Steve Nash or Grant Hill around? If they lose Stoudemire, and add a decent player as a replacement, they will be lucky to make the playoffs in the West, and, even if they do, will likely be one and done. From everything I hear about the Suns, they don't have the money to throw around so I think this could get ugly.

Prediction: Wade stays with the HeatBosh signs with the HeatLebron signs with the BullsAmare signs with the Knicks
I think Wade is 99% staying in Miami. Then I expect them to sign Bosh as well, unless Lebron and Wade agree to just play together and rule the world. You have to think Miami is going to try and trade Beasley as well, right? So a sign-and-trade for another stud is possible, no? What's Jermaine O'Neal's contract?

I think Wade is 99% staying in Miami. Then I expect them to sign Bosh as well, unless Lebron and Wade agree to just play together and rule the world. You have to think Miami is going to try and trade Beasley as well, right? So a sign-and-trade for another stud is possible, no? What's Jermaine O'Neal's contract?
o'neal's contract expires after this season.

i think a real question is what they are going to do with Baron. he has a silly contract that likely means he can't be moved but, with so many teams with cap space, maybe it will happen? he's played terribly for dunleavy and doesn't look like a good fit for the players that were on the roster. given the turnover there, maybe they will find pieces to fit?
Yes BD was bad. He doesn't seem to fit well with Eric Gordon cuz Gordon isn't a pure spot up shooter and both guys want the ball in their hands. If Griffin is 100% next season, I'd like to see the Clips become a running team. That way the offense doesn't become stagnant with too much 1 on 1 offense.

o'neal's contract expires after this season.
So the Heat have the cap space to sign Wade and another free agent in the max-contract realm AND have a tradable expiring contract and a young player who may not fit into their plans to trade as well? So the Heat really could re-sign Wade and get two other impact players this off season? I like it.

I'd join Wade in Miami if I were Lebron.
I'd love that. Wade is my favorite player by far and their skill sets together would work. Grab a defensive G who can spot up (Lebron can run the offense) and two guys who can bang and board underneath. Any rumors on where Dirk is interested? Suns with Nash again?

So the Heat have the cap space to sign Wade and another free agent in the max-contract realm AND have a tradable expiring contract and a young player who may not fit into their plans to trade as well? So the Heat really could re-sign Wade and get two other impact players this off season? I like it.
miami only has 3 players currently under contract going into next season: chalmers, beasley, and cook. wade can opt out but has stated his desire to remain. if he stays then i expect an extension for him close to what he is making now ($17 million/year). the cap for each team is expected to drop to around $56 million next year. they'll have room to sign bosh regardless of whether he requires a sign and trade. i think if he is coming to miami then it's not so much about the money. it's about the prospect of winning which means that a sign-and-trade involving beasley isn't necessary. they could sign a 3rd impact player and have a helluva team.

I'd join Wade in Miami if I were Lebron.
I'd love that. Wade is my favorite player by far and their skill sets together would work. Grab a defensive G who can spot up (Lebron can run the offense) and two guys who can bang and board underneath. Any rumors on where Dirk is interested? Suns with Nash again?
Everything I have heard regarding Dirk is that he is going to stay in Dallas and opting out was only a way to earn more money.

The number 2 free agent this summer is Phil Jackson. I'm surprised more teams didn't wait before hiring new coaches although I guess he wouldn't consider going back to Chicago anyway.

They do have space for one max player so maybe they just add a nice piece to enhance Davis. They do have Blake Griffin next season to go along with Chris Kaman so my guess is they are looking for a SF/SG type although Eric Gordon is also in the mix.

here's the depth chart for the kings next season:Udrih/Evans

Evans/Garcia/

Casspi/Greene

Landry/Thompson

Dalembert/Brockman

Landry might be undersized but he's very effective. Thompson is better suited at PF and Brockman is another hustle guy. Both are bench players. Both Dalembert and Landry will be in the last year's of their respective contracts. I like Cousins but the question of discipline, desire and effort are there for him. He's talented but lazy. That's not going to fly with Westphal and some of the other players on Sac.

I think the Favors vs Cousins workout will show a lot about Demarcus. A lot.
Dalembert does fill a need, but he's also an expiring contract so I sort of like this move for the Kings. He is a bit of an underachiever (although I'm not going to go too far with that because Philly way overpaid him as well), but could provide good rebounding/shot blocking numbers. Jason Thompson should be at PF so moving him out of there makes sense to me. Laundry is undersized, but, as you said, is effective, so you can get away with that, and now with a legitimate shot blocker in Dalembert, that could help Laundry as well. It would still be hard to pass on a PF whom they like, but they have to get better than Udrih (he's a 3rd guard type) or Casspi/Greene at SF.

All kinds of rumors surrounding the Hornets, and you have to wonder what kind of financial hit they will take from further disaster in the Gulf Region. David West has been mentioned in trade talks as well, and every now and then you hear a rumor about Chris Paul whom many think will be very unhappy with a team that is good for 40 wins a season.

The number 2 free agent this summer is Phil Jackson. I'm surprised more teams didn't wait before hiring new coaches although I guess he wouldn't consider going back to Chicago anyway.
Cleveland is still open. There was that rumor about Jackson going there.

No way he goes to Cleveland. Or anywhere else for that matter. Why upset his lifestyle like that? He returns to the Lakers or retires. Book it.

Dalembert does fill a need, but he's also an expiring contract so I sort of like this move for the Kings. He is a bit of an underachiever (although I'm not going to go too far with that because Philly way overpaid him as well), but could provide good rebounding/shot blocking numbers. Jason Thompson should be at PF so moving him out of there makes sense to me. Laundry is undersized, but, as you said, is effective, so you can get away with that, and now with a legitimate shot blocker in Dalembert, that could help Laundry as well. It would still be hard to pass on a PF whom they like, but they have to get better than Udrih (he's a 3rd guard type) or Casspi/Greene at SF.
i don't think casspi is a bad player at all. he can be a solid starter for the kings. greene teases people with his potential but his nickname ought to be "charmin". both he and hawes played soft. i think the kings would be better served by grabbing a PG to run with tyreke. udrih's lack of athleticism is appalling for a starting PG in the league.

All kinds of rumors surrounding the Hornets, and you have to wonder what kind of financial hit they will take from further disaster in the Gulf Region. David West has been mentioned in trade talks as well, and every now and then you hear a rumor about Chris Paul whom many think will be very unhappy with a team that is good for 40 wins a season.
i'd love to see the spurs somehow grab david west. i think he and duncan would be great together. timmy could slide over to the 5 and the two of them would be nasty.

No way he goes to Cleveland. Or anywhere else for that matter. Why upset his lifestyle like that? He returns to the Lakers or retires. Book it.
I tend to agree with you, but he could get the opportunity to coach LeBron James. That would be the reason to go there, but it's probably tough to leave the Lakers.

Users who are viewing this thread