What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Anarchy League 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Finally got around to setting up Anarchy League 3. Password for League 3 returnees is the same as last year. New members to this league the password is anarchy3. Draft is scheduled to start 8/23 at 9:00.

1. gorf

2. Reaper

3. Dreamers

4. Yellow Snow

5. BroadwayG

6. JeremyX13

7. CommuterMan

8. Valence

9. HellToupee

10. Brewzers

11. ffgiant

12. benbadman

13. Itchy Amos

14. SmackDaddies

15. Stinkin' Ref

16. hug dog

Great! I've never had a pick lower than 12th, so I guess I should be happy with 13th - at least I know what to expect.

I was hoping to get through the first round today but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. Anyway I have already emailed HellToupee about an hour ago to let him know he is up. I know it is exciting to draft your own players but come on guys use the pre-draft list.

Yeah I sent him a message yesturday afternoon when it was his turn. Not sure what is going on but should probably let David know.

To get things moving, I made a pick for Brewzers. If he doesn't make his next pick I will either replace him or to continue to make his picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always had the honor of picking at the back end of these drafts so I've never had a chance to get close to any of the big running backs. I planned on going WR-TE or WR-WR, but if CJ gets into camp soon, I think I have two guys who would normally go in the top 7-8 of any format. I really wanted to pull the trigger on Wallace in the 2nd, but I McCoy was an unexpected value.

Hopefully Chris Johnson signs a deal before the season starts. If not, I'll undoubtedly struggle. Its worth the risk.

Tough call for me at 2.13 I am of the old school theory RB, RB. I really think S-Jax has value at this pick. I am not down on him like others and I am not sold on McFadden.

Hi everybody. I've taken over for Brewzers.

To catch you up on my draft so far, in the first round I was surprised to see Gates & Andre Johnson both still there at 1.10 with Witten & Roddy White gone. I ended up going with Gates because 2 PPR gives the top TEs more upside, and because David Yudkin made that selection several hours before I took over the team. Then in the 2nd round it was between Wayne, Clark, and MJD, and Wayne seemed like the safest option, plus David Yudkin was still making the picks and that's who he chose. I like the TE-WR start, which is the same way I started off last year in Anarchy League 5.

So I emailed benbadman earlier today. The bad thing is this weekend is my golf tourney and my draft so not sure how much I can do.

I was hoping for Miles Austin to make it to me at 3.13, but benbadman took him at 3.12. What made it worse was that I was ready to pick and he wasnt able to get on the site for several hours, so it was like adding insult to injury when he sniped him. Nice pick. I think Austin is going to have a really big year if Romo stays healthy.

Sorry about the wait, guys. I just got power back a few moments ago (after 3 long days). My I-phone died yesterday so I had no way to get to the site.

This is my second year doing anarchy. Last year I finished 8th in Anarchy League 5, writeup here. This year I drafted two anarchy teams, one in league 5 and one in league 3 taking over for a missing owner. A posted my general strategy in the general thread here, so this is just a few of the specifics about my AL3 team. My general approach, in brief, is to go by my draft list for the first half of the draft (not worrying too much about roster balance or runs) and then to pay more attention in the second half of the draft to filling out my roster and not getting stuck with junk. I usually find that the value is at WR/TE early and RB in the mid rounds.

In the first 5 rounds I got major point scorers (3 WR, 2 TE), including one with ridiculous upside. Rds 6-8 were 2 very solid players with upside (RB & TE) followed by another solid WR. In rds 9-11 I got 3 RBs with a clearly defined role who should get a decent number of touches (there wasn't much value available elsewhere, especially since I was full at TE). Over the last 7 rounds I filled out my roster, including 1 pretty solid possession receiver, 2 defenses (including one which I like), 2 kickers with a safe job, and 2 quarterbacks that are at least competent enough to deserve starting jobs at the NFL level.

1.10 TE Gates SD (TE2) - commissioner's pick; #2 on my draft board with ridiculous upside (as we saw last year), but I would've taken WR A Johnson if I'd made the pick since I had him a couple points ahead at #1

2.07 WR Wayne IND (WR7) - commissioner's pick; I was happy with him (not so much now with Manning out) but would've taken TE V Davis or maybe WR Nicks

3.10 TE V Davis SF (TE5) - thrilled to get an elite TE here in this format; I probably would've taken him in round 2 if I'd controlled the team

4.07 WR Colston NO (WR17) - he's been a strong WR2 every year of his career, minus a few missed games

5.10 WR Harvin MIN (WR24) - great value here, could have a huge year as one of the Vikings two weapons

6.07 RB Addai IND (RB27) - a great round for RB value, with several starters left and not much at other positions, although TE Z Miller was tempting

7.10 TE Z Miller SEA (TE19) - if he can come close to what he did in Oakland with Campbell, Gradkowski, and Russell this will be a steal

8.07 WR Bess MIA (WR38) - just missed out on WR Mike Thomas (pick 8.04), and RBs have thinned out so I'll take the points from the safe boring possession receiver

9.10 RB Tomlinson NYJ (RB41) - I wanted to fill out my RBs while there were still players left with a clearly defined role that will get them touches, and he's one of them

10.07 RB M Bush OAK (RB44) - he's another, with upside if McFadden's injured

11.10 RB Sproles NO (RB47) - and he's my last one, hopefully catching a lot of passes

12.07 D Dolphins MIA (D15) - a pretty good defense

13.10 WR E Royal DEN (WR68) - a riskier version of Bess; glad to get him this late

14.07 QB Cassel KC (QB25) - a competent QB

15.10 K Dawson CLE (K23) - a kicker with a safe job, on a team with some upside

16.07 K Lindell BUF (K27) - one of the last kickers with a safe job

17.10 QB Campbell OAK (QB28) - another genuine starting QB; good value here

18.07 D Bengals CIN (D30) - my other defense

Stinkin Ref:

Draft Slot: 15

Pre Draft Attitude: Not a big fan of being on the ends in these 16 teamers. Going to use a TE at the FLEX position so will be drafting 3. Get a TMQB with 1st pick and then see how things unfold as I target 3 TE’s very early, wait on RB.

1.15 Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB

8.02 Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB

Four TMQB’s went before my first pick. Wanted to have at least one top team and think I got one. SD could make a trip into the playoffs. I bought in to what I was seeing with McCoy and the new offense and liked his weapons especially Hillis out of the backfield.

6.02 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

7.15 Jackson, Fred BUF RB

13.15 Ward, Derrick HOU RB

15.15 Goodson, Mike CAR RB

Going with the plan and taking 3 TE’s in the first 5 picks has its advantages and its disadvantages. And that might be magnified a little more by my draft slot. Drafting in the 15th hole sucks as you watch all the players disappear. With not getting a RB until round 6 I am okay with this group. I actually think I should have taken Jackson in the 6th instead of Lynch so I was happy to see Fred make it back to me. At the time, I think I gave Lynch the nod because of his division and not having to play NE and NYJ twice. So that may be the only good thing about this group. I have targeted Lynch and Jackson late in some recent drafts so I feel okay here, but after that it is a little shaky. 3rd TE need to cover me here.

2.02 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

9.15 Moore, Denarius OAK WR

10.02 Roberts, Andre ARI WR

12.02 Benn, Arrelious TBB WR

18.02 Williams, Damian TEN WR

Not sure WTF I was thinking here. Fitz is a great start but I may be in some serious chit here. Bought into the hype on Moore and Roberts apparently. Yuck, gotta stay healthy.

3.15 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

4.02 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

5.15 Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

All in on the 3 TE-2PPR thing here. Gonna dance with the ##### that brought me. Should be some points here, and hopefully deep into the playoffs. I think NE goes off this year in the passing game and I should get almost everything to the TE’s. Give me 50 receptions a piece here and it’s like three 100 reception WR’s.

14.02 Cundiff, Billy BAL PK

16.02 Scobee, Josh JAC PK

Love Cundiff and Scobee seems to get his opportunities.

17.15 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

11.15 Lions, Detroit DET Def

Hopefully DET is what we think they can be.

Overall: Hopefully McCoy takes that next step and has a good season. I need Lynch and Jackson to outproduce their draft slots. Think they have a shot as I think they are undervalued. WR’s are a mess, but hopefully the extra TE is like having another stud in the RB or WR group.

:banned:

Stinkin Ref:

Draft Slot: 15

Pre Draft Attitude: Not a big fan of being on the ends in these 16 teamers. Going to use a TE at the FLEX position so will be drafting 3. Get a TMQB with 1st pick and then see how things unfold as I target 3 TE’s very early, wait on RB.

1.15 Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB

8.02 Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB

Four TMQB’s went before my first pick. Wanted to have at least one top team and think I got one. SD could make a trip into the playoffs. I bought in to what I was seeing with McCoy and the new offense and liked his weapons especially Hillis out of the backfield.

6.02 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

7.15 Jackson, Fred BUF RB

13.15 Ward, Derrick HOU RB

15.15 Goodson, Mike CAR RB

Going with the plan and taking 3 TE’s in the first 5 picks has its advantages and its disadvantages. And that might be magnified a little more by my draft slot. Drafting in the 15th hole sucks as you watch all the players disappear. With not getting a RB until round 6 I am okay with this group. I actually think I should have taken Jackson in the 6th instead of Lynch so I was happy to see Fred make it back to me. At the time, I think I gave Lynch the nod because of his division and not having to play NE and NYJ twice. So that may be the only good thing about this group. I have targeted Lynch and Jackson late in some recent drafts so I feel okay here, but after that it is a little shaky. 3rd TE need to cover me here.

2.02 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

9.15 Moore, Denarius OAK WR

10.02 Roberts, Andre ARI WR

12.02 Benn, Arrelious TBB WR

18.02 Williams, Damian TEN WR

Not sure WTF I was thinking here. Fitz is a great start but I may be in some serious chit here. Bought into the hype on Moore and Roberts apparently. Yuck, gotta stay healthy.

3.15 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

4.02 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

5.15 Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

All in on the 3 TE-2PPR thing here. Gonna dance with the ##### that brought me. Should be some points here, and hopefully deep into the playoffs. I think NE goes off this year in the passing game and I should get almost everything to the TE’s. Give me 50 receptions a piece here and it’s like three 100 reception WR’s.

14.02 Cundiff, Billy BAL PK

16.02 Scobee, Josh JAC PK

Love Cundiff and Scobee seems to get his opportunities.

17.15 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

11.15 Lions, Detroit DET Def

Hopefully DET is what we think they can be.

Overall: Hopefully McCoy takes that next step and has a good season. I need Lynch and Jackson to outproduce their draft slots. Think they have a shot as I think they are undervalued. WR’s are a mess, but hopefully the extra TE is like having another stud in the RB or WR group.

:banned:
out of the 15th draft spot.......Not sure what is considered a "sizeable margin of victory" in these....(367) but this has got to be up there....(wait til you see Anarchy 4).... :bowtie: ....difference between some of the other spots was very close....especially 8-11

dominance at TE made up for basically rolling with 1 RB for last part of year....

1. Stinkin' Ref 3639.76

2. BroadwayG 3272.18

3. Dreamers 3240.76

4. HellToupee 3233.14

5. Reaper 3080.10

6. ZWK 3053.38

7. gorf 2878.46

8. Yellow Snow 2788.28

9. Valence 2782.68

10. CommuterMan 2775.86

11. benbadman 2772.18

12. hug dog 2711.88