What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W14 News and Notes (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Dannell Ellerbe is out again today. Ray Lewis isn’t eligible to return until next week, so we’ll again see a rotation of Brendan Ayanbedejo and Albert McClellan (and a little Josh Bynes) opposite the every-down Jameel McClain. Only McClain is a viable fantasy option today. Jimmy Smith was back at practice this week, but doubtful to play. Corey Graham remains a safe option for at least one more week. Terrell Suggs may play today, but don't expect to see him as more than a situational rusher if he's active.

DeAngelo Hall and London Fletcher are both listed questionable but expected to play.

Derrick Johnson is questionable with a hamstring injury. Earlier this season, Johnson was active and productive after missing a full week of practice with ankle and groin injuries. He was able to get through a limited practice on Friday this week, but there seems to be more concern with him than in previous situations. Consider him a GTD and be ready with other alternatives in case he’s on the inactive list. Last week, Brandon Siler replaced Jovan Belcher in the lineup and the Chiefs used Eric Berry as a nickel ILB. After Berry and Johnson left, Siler and Cory Greenwood both played every down. Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry are in similar situations. Berry is more likely of the two to play. Kendrick Lewis is questionable but clearly on the more doubtful side of the 50-50 designation. Tysyn Hartman was impressive last week, but surely benefited from playing alongside a limited Berry and absent Johnson (and Belcher) last week. Consider Hartman a DB2 if he goes, but temper expectation if Johnson and Berry are both active.

Donald Butler remains out with a groin injury. There’s been no indication that he’ll be back soon. The Chargers approached their defensive rotation differently last week. Takeo Spikes played every-down, but Demorrio Williams was back in the nickel packages over Andrew Gachkar. Williams sat in a handful of dime snaps, so there’s some risk with him, but he’s clearly the most active of the ILB trio. Corey Lynch missed practice early this week, but is probable and expected to play.

Jason Worilds replaces LaMarr Woodley again today. Ike Taylor is out for at least two weeks and, likely, the remainder of the regular season. Troy Polamalu should be ready to resume every-down duty this week.

Colin McCarthy is out again, but progressing on the return-to-play algorithm and should return at some point this year. Tim Shaw will again play MLB in the base defense, with Will Witherspoon joining Zach Brown in the nickel. The Colts matchup isn’t as favorable for Shaw as Houston was last week, but he can be trusted as a LB4 in deeper leagues.

The Colts suggested that they’d rotate Joe Lefeged and Sergio Brown at safety last week with Tom Zbikowski out, but Lefeged played nearly every down. There’s not much upside there, however. There continue to be no changes in the Indy ILB rotation and Jerrell Freeman remains the only trustworthy fantasy play.

Jason Babin played more snaps than expected for Jacksonville last week. With George Selvie again out of the rotation with a concussion, Babin could again see 40+ snaps today.

Brian Urlacher is out with a hamstring injury. Nick Roach moves to MLB, with Geno Hayes getting the start at SLB. I’ve seen no indication in the local media on how the Bears will approach subpackages. I’d err on Roach playing every-down and would prefer him as the desperation play over Hayes, but I’m not confident in the nickel alignment. Tim Jennings is out today. Kelvin Hayden will replace him.

The Vikings continued to rotate Jasper Brinkley and Erin Henderson in the nickel last week. Henderson didn’t cover well and Brinkley seems to be over his shoulder issue. The window for Henderson to take over every-down duty has likely closed.

William Moore looks like a GTD with a hamstring injury. He’s been active in similar situations but watch the inactive list for confirmation.

Kurt Coleman is out with a chest injury. He’ll be replaced by Colt Anderson, who could be a DB3 consideration in deeper leagues. The Eagles continue to rotate defensive line bodies. Brandon Graham and Trent Cole are getting between 60-70% of the snaps, with Vinny Curry and Darryl Tapp spelling them.

Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin are both listed questionable. McKelvin will likely play, but Williams is a GTD at best. If Williams goes, he’ll likely rotate in with Ron Brooks. If Williams is inactive, Brooks remains a very solid CB2 play this week.

With Charlie Peprah again out and the Cowboys struggling at ILB, Danny McCray should get lots of opportunity as an every-down safety. There’s still some risk, but consider him a DB2 again this week.

Jason Pierre-Paul is a safer play this week. Kenny Phillips is likely out. The Giants are also getting Jacquian Williams back healthy, which could cut into Chase Blackburn’s snaps.

Calais Campbell remains a GTD, but is closer to playing this week than last. There are reports that the team could limit Darnell Dockett’s playing time after last week’s trouble with Kerry Rhodes.

Brandon Browner is out for the next four games on suspension. Walter Thurmond replaces him.

Louis Delmas is questionable, but expected to play. The Lions swapped Tyrell Johnson for Erik Coleman on the active roster mid week, but reports suggest Don Carey will start alongside Delmas again. Ricardo Silva saw few snaps last week and Johnson could rotate in as well. Consider Carey a risky DB3. Corey Williams and Chris Houston are questionable. Kyle Vanden Bosch missed practice on Friday.

Clay Matthews is out again. The Packers have been rotating OLBs, but both Erik Walden and Dezman Moses played nearly every down last week. Charles Woodson is out, but could return for Week 15.

The Texans rotated Barrett Ruud, Tim Dobbins and Darryl Sharpton last week and get Bradie James back this week from a hamstring injury. There was no clear nickel backer last week and I’m not confident in recommending any particular LB against New England today. I’d roughly handicap them Sharpton, Dobbins, Ruud, James but I wouldn’t trust any as more than a LB4. Since it’s MNF, I’d avoid the situation altogether if you can.

Chandler Jones returns this week, but isn’t likely to see his usual 80 percent plus snap count. Trevor Scott should again see some snaps in rotation. The Houston OL matchup is not favorable for Scott, however. Patrick Chung has been relegated to deep subpackage duty only and remains limited by his shoulder issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter reporting that Brian Urlacher has mid-grade hamstring strain, could be out for the rest of the regular season. Similar to earlier reports from Chicago beat writers.

Still trying to get information on who plays in nickel for him...

Albert Breer reporting Terrell Suggs out today. Paul Kruger likely to play full time. Should also see near full time duty for Courtney Upshaw.

Adam Schefter reporting William Moore OUT today.

Seems official...Chris Hope should start for Moore.

Pat Angerer starting over Kavell Conner. Were already rotating heavily. Unlikely Angerer displaces Fokou in nickel, but worth watching. Very good news for long term prospects of Freeman.

Respectfully, I've repeatedly requested that we keep this thread to notes and breaking news updates only. There are multiple ways to ask me questions -- Twitter, PM, email, etc -- and I try to very hard to get to everyone's requests before game time. Thanks.

'KellysHeroes said:
I know this is going to come off as an AC question, but who would you prefer, Roach or Erin Henderson. My gut is telling me to leave Henderson in and while we wait a week for the report on how Roach looked, and Da Bears will most likely shove the ball down minny's throat anyway.
'ReadyMan said:
Is Ron Brooks a better play today than Skrine of Cleveland?

Respectfully, I've repeatedly requested that we keep this thread to notes and breaking news updates only. There are multiple ways to ask me questions -- Twitter, PM, email, etc -- and I try to very hard to get to everyone's requests before game time. Thanks.

'KellysHeroes said:
I know this is going to come off as an AC question, but who would you prefer, Roach or Erin Henderson. My gut is telling me to leave Henderson in and while we wait a week for the report on how Roach looked, and Da Bears will most likely shove the ball down minny's throat anyway.
'ReadyMan said:
Is Ron Brooks a better play today than Skrine of Cleveland?
Dude always answers my questions via twitter. I will say he is certainly going the extra mile!!

Users who are viewing this thread