What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets disaster (1 Viewer)

Kiddnets

Footballguy
What a disaster - the team is awful and have clearly given up. Some of the changes starting to leak out....discuss

GM - Early word is that Tanny will not be fired but rather "re-assigned" to a capexpert role....comments already in on how no solid GM would accept that situation since Tanny has Woody's ear. Plus how can you sell this guy as a cap expert after the Sanchez/Holmes deals who are on the books for $30M next season. Also if Woody wants to keep Rex what GM is going to come into that situation?

HC - No word on Rex yet but with leaks of Sparano being fired it looks like Rex may survive. This is a mistake IMO - yes he had a nice run at the start but the league has caught up with him and passed him by...he has zero knowledge of offense and doesnt even care. He stuck with Sanchez way too long....had Tebow as only active backup with broken ribs...had McCelroy deactivated with playoff spot on line...had no idea of fractured locker room last year and team has quit this yr. Rex is a great DC but not a good HC

OC - assuming Sparano goes and Rex stays what good OC in his right mind go to the Jets knowing Rex is on such a short leash?

QB - Sanchez - going nowhere - they can leak out every trade on the books but he will be a Jet next season and a big distraction. If he steps foot in Meadowlands next season he will be booed off the field...he has no business on the team but they are stuck with each other. Tebow showed his true colors asking out of the Wildcat - he is a quitter and should not be rewarded with a quick relase to Jax...at least get a late rd pcik back

OFF - Need 2 new OL, #1 RB, #1 TE, #1 WR - oh boy

Def - still decent but need a pass rusher and some new LBs....Revis last year of contract and cant be franchised (another shrewed Tanny move) so need to deal with that mess as well...Bell and Landry FA's

Jets need to rebuild in a PSL world - the big problem is Woody...he needs to sell PSL tix and won't allow the rebuild needed....he will try to do yet another quick fix and I fear it will only get worse.

As a 35+ yr fan someone please give me a different view...one thats positive - cause I only hear the band playing as the Titanic keeps sinking!

HAHAHA about Tebow, hmmmm let me see he wants an actual shot to start while the main QB has been struggling and everyone wants him gone next year. Yes he wants to chance injury before he can go out and have a real chance to win the starting position in Jacksonville for instance.

I say bravo to Tebow for finally standing up and saying look I can be a real NFL QB don't treat me like a second rate gadget player. Now will he? Who knows but his quirky ways helps Denver into the playoffs last year to win the division and a game even.

HAHAHA about Tebow, hmmmm let me see he wants an actual shot to start while the main QB has been struggling and everyone wants him gone next year. Yes he wants to chance injury before he can go out and have a real chance to win the starting position in Jacksonville for instance.I say bravo to Tebow for finally standing up and saying look I can be a real NFL QB don't treat me like a second rate gadget player. Now will he? Who knows but his quirky ways helps Denver into the playoffs last year to win the division and a game even.
He made the decision to come to this mess...and for whatever reason the staff does not believe in him as a legit QB...part of his job was to be a wildcat QB and he is refusing to do it....him refusing to do it is a slap in the fact to his team mates and fans....his holier than though rep should take a hit on this. Not playing because he's scared of being injured for his new team? Give up your last 2 game checks then

Last edited by a moderator:
Think its a little to personal for you as a fan of the Jets. He wants to be THE QB not a gadget play QB, him refusing this the last couple games AFTER the Jets are out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for is sending a message to any team who might look to sign him. If they are going to sign him, he wants an ACUTAL shot at the starting gig.

The biggest help the Jets could have is cutting ties with upper management, bring in a new GM with a pedigree for scouting and let him go to work. Don't have the owner in his business and let him hire and fire anyone he wants in the whole organization.

The Packers are going on 20 years of great football because they both had top QBs but more importantly had 2 great GMs who could build through the draft even more so right now with almost every player on the roster only having played for the Packers in their NFL careers.

Think its a little to personal for you as a fan of the Jets. He wants to be THE QB not a gadget play QB, him refusing this the last couple games AFTER the Jets are out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for is sending a message to any team who might look to sign him. If they are going to sign him, he wants an ACUTAL shot at the starting gig.The biggest help the Jets could have is cutting ties with upper management, bring in a new GM with a pedigree for scouting and let him go to work. Don't have the owner in his business and let him hire and fire anyone he wants in the whole organization.The Packers are going on 20 years of great football because they both had top QBs but more importantly had 2 great GMs who could build through the draft even more so right now with almost every player on the roster only having played for the Packers in their NFL careers.
Who cares what the heck Tebow "wants" - he is under contract to play for the NYJ as they request - he needs to suck it up and play - the lying about it should also hit his reputationGB rocks because they hit it big on 2 franchise QBs - period

Think its a little to personal for you as a fan of the Jets. He wants to be THE QB not a gadget play QB, him refusing this the last couple games AFTER the Jets are out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for is sending a message to any team who might look to sign him. If they are going to sign him, he wants an ACUTAL shot at the starting gig.The biggest help the Jets could have is cutting ties with upper management, bring in a new GM with a pedigree for scouting and let him go to work. Don't have the owner in his business and let him hire and fire anyone he wants in the whole organization.The Packers are going on 20 years of great football because they both had top QBs but more importantly had 2 great GMs who could build through the draft even more so right now with almost every player on the roster only having played for the Packers in their NFL careers.
Who cares what the heck Tebow "wants" - he is under contract to play for the NYJ as they request - he needs to suck it up and play - the lying about it should also hit his reputationGB rocks because they hit it big on 2 franchise QBs - period
How did they hit on two franchise QBs? and how did they get a chance to even become franchise QBs? THE GMFavre and Rodgers do not become the top QBs in the league without the GM making the deals to get every other piece in position.Tebow signed a contract to play football, I am pretty sure it didn't require him to play the wildcard on Sundays. In the end if its that big of an issue then the Jets just send him out there on Sunday and if he refuses you fine him with whats allowed in the CBA.

How did they hit on two franchise QBs? and how did they get a chance to even become franchise QBs? THE GMFavre and Rodgers do not become the top QBs in the league without the GM making the deals to get every other piece in position.Tebow signed a contract to play football, I am pretty sure it didn't require him to play the wildcard on Sundays. In the end if its that big of an issue then the Jets just send him out there on Sunday and if he refuses you fine him with whats allowed in the CBA.
Of course - The credit goes to the GM who picked him of course but lets be clear - having Favre and Rodgers back to back makes it much easier to miss on a bunch of other picks and signings. They also make a lot of offensive players that are not great look great...semantics though - I admire the Pack - Jets loved Favre and had him as the #1 pick in the entire draft the year he came out and didnt find a way to get him even though he slid to the 2d rd...settled for Browning Nagle...GB made it happen - thats a good GMAs for Tebow - like any other contract Im sure he agrees to do as the team wishes. Its not like the wildcard came out of left field - it was a big part of why he was signed. Yes the coaching was awful and they used him poorly but he sucked as well - but to refuse to play is bush league especially for a guy who pretends to be holier than though....he should be fined and suspended the rest of the year...instead Rex covers for him....another example of his time to go

HAHAHA about Tebow, hmmmm let me see he wants an actual shot to start while the main QB has been struggling and everyone wants him gone next year. Yes he wants to chance injury before he can go out and have a real chance to win the starting position in Jacksonville for instance.I say bravo to Tebow for finally standing up and saying look I can be a real NFL QB don't treat me like a second rate gadget player. Now will he? Who knows but his quirky ways helps Denver into the playoffs last year to win the division and a game even.
He made the decision to come to this mess...and for whatever reason the staff does not believe in him as a legit QB...part of his job was to be a wildcat QB and he is refusing to do it....him refusing to do it is a slap in the fact to his team mates and fans....his holier than though rep should take a hit on this. Not playing because he's scared of being injured for his new team? Give up your last 2 game checks then
The teammates and fans deserve to be slapped. I'm not a Tebow fan but you don't have to lie to the guy. When Sanchez was horrible they didn't give him a chance. When Sanchez was hurt they didn't give him a chance. You think it's because they thought he'd be that bad? I think it's because they were afraid he might somehow win games while playing bad and put them in an Elway-type situation. They were afraid to make the playoffs and be "stuck" with an inferior quarterback. They'd rather lose and get a "real" QB than bge stuck with that circus.He refused to play Wildcat in a meaningless game. Not really great, but whatever. The team did him worse imo.

The teammates and fans deserve to be slapped. I'm not a Tebow fan but you don't have to lie to the guy. When Sanchez was horrible they didn't give him a chance. When Sanchez was hurt they didn't give him a chance. You think it's because they thought he'd be that bad? I think it's because they were afraid he might somehow win games while playing bad and put them in an Elway-type situation. They were afraid to make the playoffs and be "stuck" with an inferior quarterback. They'd rather lose and get a "real" QB than bge stuck with that circus.He refused to play Wildcat in a meaningless game. Not really great, but whatever. The team did him worse imo.
Have you ever played football? If you suck in practice you dont get a chance in a game....this isn't everyone gets a trophy play...Tebow looked awful in practice as a pure QB so he didnt get a chance to play in a game...tough crap. No broken promises there....play well and they would play him. He is refusing to play at all now...shameful

They can easily fix this mess if they hire a good offensive mind as OC and let that coach have 100% input on everything(playbook, personnel, etc.) while Ryan focuses on defense. The biggest thing they need is a new GM that brings in the right players and coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense is still solid when healthy, they just need a decent enough offense and special teams that won't lose them games.

Outside of Hill who is really raw, and Keller I don't like any of their skill position players. Holmes isn't good enough to be a top WR and is a headcase. I liked Sanchez's talent, but mentally he's ruined at this point.

Have you ever played football? If you suck in practice you dont get a chance in a game....this isn't everyone gets a trophy play...Tebow looked awful in practice as a pure QB so he didnt get a chance to play in a game...tough crap. No broken promises there....play well and they would play him. He is refusing to play at all now...shameful
lol. What? Tebow played in games; plenty of them. If he sucked at practice...why was he in the game again? I don't understand the trophy comment and when someone promises you something and they lie...it's a broken promise. Now, you can say "too bad" and that's fair enough. He signed the contract. But him not wanting to play wildcat the last two games? Big deal. The team is a joke and it's all collapsing anyway. He didn't make it public. Maybe it's unfair from a football standpoint, but character matters. He's not Jerramy Stevens. He's Tim Tebow. Elway treated him like garbage and he didn't say jack. I don't think this will give him a reputation for not being a team player. I agree he should have done as he was told, but it's not a huge deal.I'm not saying I feel sorry for him. He was lied to...and made millions. Poor guy, right? But I understand why he feels disrespected and didn't want to play wildcat.

lol. What? Tebow played in games; plenty of them. If he sucked at practice...why was he in the game again? I don't understand the trophy comment and when someone promises you something and they lie...it's a broken promise. Now, you can say "too bad" and that's fair enough. He signed the contract. But him not wanting to play wildcat the last two games? Big deal. The team is a joke and it's all collapsing anyway. He didn't make it public. Maybe it's unfair from a football standpoint, but character matters. He's not Jerramy Stevens. He's Tim Tebow. Elway treated him like garbage and he didn't say jack. I don't think this will give him a reputation for not being a team player. I agree he should have done as he was told, but it's not a huge deal.I'm not saying I feel sorry for him. He was lied to...and made millions. Poor guy, right? But I understand why he feels disrespected and didn't want to play wildcat.
He didnt play in any games as QB for the Jets - they evaluated him in practice and determined he is not as good as Suckchez and McCelroy...that must hurt bit deal with it...he was in the game as a change of pace wildcat guy..that was his role, not QB and he refused to play in it. The trophy comment is this is pro football and you dont automatically get to play like in Pop Warner..... you have to earn it...he didnt. Not wanting to play last 2 games is a big deal - it means God-boy who acts like he is above everyone else is a fraud. He is no better than those jerks who are cancers in the locker room. He has a contract to play football for the NYJ in any manner they ask - he refused. He should not get paid and should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. You can't have guys with bruised egos refusing to play - NFL players were all stars at some point. He wasnt lied to - his contract is clear as a bell. I dont care what happened in Denver - he is a Jet and refused to play when asked. He's slime as far as Im concerned.

:goodposting:

He didnt play in any games as QB for the Jets - they evaluated him in practice and determined he is not as good as Suckchez and McCelroy...that must hurt bit deal with it...he was in the game as a change of pace wildcat guy..that was his role, not QB and he refused to play in it. The trophy comment is this is pro football and you dont automatically get to play like in Pop Warner..... you have to earn it...he didnt. Not wanting to play last 2 games is a big deal - it means God-boy who acts like he is above everyone else is a fraud. He is no better than those jerks who are cancers in the locker room. He has a contract to play football for the NYJ in any manner they ask - he refused. He should not get paid and should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. You can't have guys with bruised egos refusing to play - NFL players were all stars at some point. He wasnt lied to - his contract is clear as a bell. I dont care what happened in Denver - he is a Jet and refused to play when asked. He's slime as far as Im concerned.
I think you just revealed your bias. God boy? Acts like he's above everyone else? You sound intimidated by his faith. He's not telling you how to live and he never said he was better than anyone else. If you get that feeling...that's on you. Do you think he should hide his faith so as not to offend you? Sorry, your trophy comment is out of place. If you're hired to do a job and then you don't get to do the job, you might feel like they lied to you. He wasn't brought in to be the starter. He was brought in to have a shot. Bad performances, injury, whatever: They never even let him try. They said they would, so they lied. Like I said, I don't feel sorry for him. They don't owe him anything but the money they pay him. But the Jets are a joke and I don't blame him for not wanting to trot out on gadget plays. He played the good soldier all year, and all these chances came and he never got a shot. The season is over and he's not coming back. They can use someone else.

I think you just revealed your bias. God boy? Acts like he's above everyone else? You sound intimidated by his faith. He's not telling you how to live and he never said he was better than anyone else. If you get that feeling...that's on you. Do you think he should hide his faith so as not to offend you? Sorry, your trophy comment is out of place. If you're hired to do a job and then you don't get to do the job, you might feel like they lied to you. He wasn't brought in to be the starter. He was brought in to have a shot. Bad performances, injury, whatever: They never even let him try. They said they would, so they lied. Like I said, I don't feel sorry for him. They don't owe him anything but the money they pay him. But the Jets are a joke and I don't blame him for not wanting to trot out on gadget plays. He played the good soldier all year, and all these chances came and he never got a shot. The season is over and he's not coming back. They can use someone else.
He puts his faith out there and as such he must take the good with the bad....he wants to act and market himself like he is a devout Christian then he should take a hit when he acts in the complete opposite. He didnt get to do the jon because he didnt earn it in practice - trophy comment is totally appropriate - you dont get handed a job in the NFL, you earn it...he didnt. Just know that despite any argument you make - him refusing to go into a game the way it went down makes him no better than lockeroom cancers like TO, Holmes, etc....he's a fraud.

:goodposting:
Not a tebow fan at all. Still a salty steeler fan however :goodposting:

He didnt get to do the jon because he didnt earn it in practice - trophy comment is totally appropriate - you dont get handed a job in the NFL, you earn it...he didnt. Just know that despite any argument you make - him refusing to go into a game the way it went down makes him no better than lockeroom cancers like TO, Holmes, etc....he's a fraud.
Ive read that there was a disagreement and that Tebow didnt talk again with Ryan until Friday after the game plan was put into place. Obviously I would not have been happy either because Greg Mcelroy was #3 on the depth chart all season and did not deserve to start that game. I also agree with the guy above that the Jets did not want to play Tebow because of the backlash it wouldve caused if the Jets had won. Tebow isnt the answer but the Jets would rather have lost than won with Tebow. Its obvious and not really debatable at this point. Still, Tebow shouldve saw this coming late in the year and not pulled himself from the gameplan. Im glad the guy stood up for himself but he set himself up coming to NY. He also shouldve known the NY media would tear into this story. Oh well. Tebow came to the Jets with the idea that he would have every shot to play. I really do believe this eventhough before he came to NY, the Jets gave Sanchez the contract extension 10 days earlier. That's on Tebow and his agent for thinking that. Also know Mike Mularkey didnt want Tebow so it looks like the Jets were the only taker so that could also be the reason Tebow came to NY.Bottom line. Tebow was lied to and then the Jets turned their back on him. I wouldve felt jaded also. I dont want to hear that Tebow was a cancer in the locker room. He came to practice everyday and worked hard. If you want to point fingers you should point them at the Jets front office, Rex and the classless Jets players who talked crap about Tebow when the guy wasnt even playing.. Woody Johnson isnt a good owner in my eyes at this point. Way to concerned with publicity and not enough with his personnel. They should never have brought Tebow in. I understand maybe they wanted to push Sanchez but when you make the big bucks you know you're not going anywhere soon. Rex has shown to be incompetent and lackadaisical with his duties as the HC. He needs to go along with Tannenbaum. Blow the whole thing up and maybe you can salvage the next 5 years.Tebow will be out of the league in a few years. He'll be a Jag next year to sell tickets and Im sure Mike Mularkey wont be happy if he's still around.

Well to actually talk about people who have any shot at being with the Jets next year, here are my thoughts:

Tannenbaum needs to go. Even though it seems as if both of his last 2 1st rounders (Wilk and Coples) were good picks, he's been an awful drafter everywhere else. There's no depth, and a lack of talent. Both of this team's decent guards, Moore and Slauson, are going to be free agents, and the Jets don't have the money to keep them both, and might not have the money to keep either. The Jets are also in cap hell because of all the backloaded contracts they handed out, and Sanchez's indefensible extension.

If it was up to me, Tannenbaum would be fired (not reassigned-his claim to fame is that he's a cap genius, and the Jets are in an awful cap situation), Rex gets another year, because I do think his players play hard for him, and he's a good defensive coach, and I honestly have no idea what to do with Sanchez, but he can't start. I'm hesitant to trade a high pick for someone like Cousins, but maybe someone like Flynn could be available for less.

I'd like to see the team bite the bullet this year and not restructure more contracts to allow an extra signing or two. Accept that the team will suck next season, cut Holmes and Sanchez after next season, get a high draft pick and sign a big FA or two, all after next season.

Exactly! Kiddnets just doesnt like Tebow. His God comment is telling.Bottom line....Jets screwed Tebow and their fans out of a chance for wins. And lol at anyone mad at Tebow for not wanting to play in the wildcat. They are out of the playoffs and didnt let Tebow play as fulltime QB and just see what he can do. Good for Tebow basically telling the Jets to kiss his ###. Go back to Florida and take the Jags to the playoffs Tebow.

He puts his faith out there and as such he must take the good with the bad....he wants to act and market himself like he is a devout Christian then he should take a hit when he acts in the complete opposite. He didnt get to do the jon because he didnt earn it in practice - trophy comment is totally appropriate - you dont get handed a job in the NFL, you earn it...he didnt. Just know that despite any argument you make - him refusing to go into a game the way it went down makes him no better than lockeroom cancers like TO, Holmes, etc....he's a fraud.
He is acting like a competitive human being.

a competitive human being does not quit when he doesnt get his way.....

I actually was a Tebow fan before this.... I dont like frauds.

bs. You don't know anything about what Tebow thinks.

actually the jets are very up front...all they care about is PSL money and grabbing off season headlines...

a competitive human being does not quit when he doesnt get his way.....I actually was a Tebow fan before this.... I dont like frauds.
Please. Emmitt Smith sat out two games when he "didn't get his way" with his contract. Bo Jackson quit the entire sport when he "didn't get his way" and the Bucs drafted him. Joey Galloway quit half a season in Dallas when he "didn't get his way" with his contract. Didn't Vincent Jackson quit in San Diego for several games? Players do stuff like that. Tebow simply doesn't want to play wildcat in two meaningless games. That doesn't make him a fraud. I'm not really a Tebow fan but he's allowed to be a Christian and a human being at the same time.

I'm not a big Tebow fan and I realize that he sucks as a QB, but he certainly got a raw deal in NY. They lied to him, badmouthed him and then expected him to be the good soldier and play in gimmick plays so the coach can try to save face. Screw that. I would have done the same as Tebow. This "rah rah Team" BS only goes so far. Certainly not at the price of your dignity.

The Jets are a joke and they will always be a joke until they get rid of the fool Ryan. EVERYONE on the outside looking in sees this.

They can easily fix this mess if they hire a good offensive mind as OC and let that coach have 100% input on everything(playbook, personnel, etc.) while Ryan focuses on defense. The biggest thing they need is a new GM that brings in the right players and coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense is still solid when healthy, they just need a decent enough offense and special teams that won't lose them games.Outside of Hill who is really raw, and Keller I don't like any of their skill position players. Holmes isn't good enough to be a top WR and is a headcase. I liked Sanchez's talent, but mentally he's ruined at this point.
:goodposting: Sparano's hiring was a disaster; what about Shonn Greene says "power running game" to anyone? He's proven he cannot handle let alone develop a quarterback, he's been using the same wildcat plays for five years, and the rest of his play calling is uninspired. Ditch him, get someone who can run an offense when given unfettered opportunity (hell, even Norv would be an upgrade), let Rex concentrate on D, and get that GM the hell outta dodge.

As long as they have that clown as a coach, they will be playing footsie while their opponents are playing football.

They can easily fix this mess if they hire a good offensive mind as OC and let that coach have 100% input on everything(playbook, personnel, etc.) while Ryan focuses on defense. The biggest thing they need is a new GM that brings in the right players and coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense is still solid when healthy, they just need a decent enough offense and special teams that won't lose them games.Outside of Hill who is really raw, and Keller I don't like any of their skill position players. Holmes isn't good enough to be a top WR and is a headcase. I liked Sanchez's talent, but mentally he's ruined at this point.
:goodposting: Sparano's hiring was a disaster; what about Shonn Greene says "power running game" to anyone? He's proven he cannot handle let alone develop a quarterback, he's been using the same wildcat plays for five years, and the rest of his play calling is uninspired. Ditch him, get someone who can run an offense when given unfettered opportunity (hell, even Norv would be an upgrade), let Rex concentrate on D, and get that GM the hell outta dodge.
I cant believe they chased Schotty out with torches and pitch forks and replaced him with an even worse OC. Sparano made Schotty look like Bill Walsh

'GordonGekko said:
As a 35+ yr fan someone please give me a different view...one thats positive - cause I only hear the band playing as the Titanic keeps sinking!
I'm not quite so sure the sky is falling completely into the ocean as you might have it. Looking at the Jets current roster, I would say they are one excellent draft and one excellent offseason away from getting back into the lower level playoff picture. I think they are two excellent offseason in a row from being a fringe contender and three excellent drafts/offseasons in a role to be a true contender. The structure of the current NFL is built around, IMHO, a basic two year turnaround for any franchise. This isn't the NBA where one decision can cripple your team for 15 years. Look at the Falcons. Traded their backup QB, their starter went to jail and their coach left a note saying See Ya #####es. Now they are a contender. Even the top teams can face a 10-15 percent roster churn from season to season. There are some good young players on the Jets, there is talent on that roster. I think the defense did a bang up job consider the situation.
:goodposting: - little hope for Christmas....but again the key is a franchise QB was found in Matt Ryan....no such QB savior on the horizon in FA or the draft that jumps out...will have to get lucky and one thing the Jets are not usually known for is luck!

Tim Tebow is a winner and winners don't fit with losing organizations. Him wanting out says a ton about the Jets and the dysfunctional mentality of the organization. Rex Ryan sabotaged Tebow at every turn telling him to put on weight, pass protect not pass, etc. in order to cover his ### because he was so scared of looking stupid if Tebow started winning. That's an unacceptable, losing mentality for a head coach. Rex Ryan is a clown and has made the Jets a national embarrassment. They'd probably be in the playoffs if Tebow or McElroy had come in earlier because Sanchez is that bad.

Sometimes players that are great in practice but stink in games and vice versa. Your argument didn't hold water there.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be - Bilal Powell and Keller are fine. There's talent there like every other team in the league. It all starts at the top. Tannebaum and Ryan need to go but good people need to be brought in to replace them along with a QB and a O-line. If Rex stays, nothing will change. Plus, no free agent will trust him now after the Tebow embarrassment. Vick has already said he won't come there to be the backup. Time to blow it all up and reset the roster and coaches.

When Sanchez was horrible they didn't give him a chance. When Sanchez was hurt they didn't give him a chance. You think it's because they thought he'd be that bad? I think it's because they were afraid he might somehow win games while playing bad and put them in an Elway-type situation.
It takes some pretty contorted thinking to arrive at that conclusion. Here's a much likelier explanation: The Broncos dumped Tebow for a 4th rounder because they saw he wasn't good. The Jets didn't play Tebow after trading for him because they saw he wasn't good.

When Sanchez was horrible they didn't give him a chance. When Sanchez was hurt they didn't give him a chance. You think it's because they thought he'd be that bad? I think it's because they were afraid he might somehow win games while playing bad and put them in an Elway-type situation.
It takes some pretty contorted thinking to arrive at that conclusion. Here's a much likelier explanation: The Broncos dumped Tebow for a 4th rounder because they saw he wasn't good. The Jets didn't play Tebow after trading for him because they saw he wasn't good.
Why not just keep Tebow as Manning's backup? He was good enough to win a playoff game, wasn't he? Elway didn't want to hear "Tebow" chants if Manning struggled. And it makes no sense to not at least see what you have in a game. Denver's "wasn't good" got them to the playoffs. Why wouldn't the Jets at least see how he played in games? What could he do besides lose?Well, he could win. Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying the Jets knew he would win games and purposely kept him on the bench. I'm saying they didn't want to keep Tebow long-term and didn't want to risk winning games with him so they'd have a harder time parting ways. Imagine if the Jets made the playoffs with Tebow and lost in the wildcard round. They still don't think they have their QB and are eager to dump him. Not so fast: In New York they'd go nuts. There's no Manning out there to silence the nay-sayers. The NFL is a copycat league. Denver threw Tebow into a no-win situation to shut up the fans so they could move on...except he won. They're not going to copycat Denver's mistake if they know they don't want him.So yes, it seems realistic that there was no upside to the Jets playing Tebow. If they lost, they lose games. If they won, they're stuck with a guy they don't want. The Ravens dumped Trent Dilfer after a SB win. But the Jets would have trouble dumping Tebow if he even had a winning record. Ask youself: Are there any games the Jets lost over the past six weeks Tebow might have won? If you can find two, you're looking at a bubble playoff team and a lot of headaches.

Totally agree.And if anyone's reputation can take a hit and/or receive the benefit of the doubt it is Tim Tebow. His QB skills are in question nothing else..The Jets had major issues this year and Jets fans always think they are the best because it's their team and all. There wasn't a big letdown this year, they played better than I thought.The rookie WRs were expected to do way too much and banking on Santonio was something we all could have said was a bad decision a long time ago.Keller was an odd bird all season and he's got serious talent. Their RB situation was not what people hoped. Sanchez people were crying about last year and they traded for Tebow because....no one knows why-but he was an option, he was something to look to if Sanchez continued to struggle. OPs wording of Tannebaum being bumped to a lesser role doesn't usually happen,. It's usually presented as such then the guy is just let go. It's like a boss struggling to release a dear colleague. Anyhow, I think he's done fine. There weren't many QBs available (unless Johnson was willing to buy Peyton) and he got the highest profile guy. It created a stir, it striked interest all over the country if not world because Tebow was so popular and...stinks to blame him but he may have to be blamed.Their defense was brutally bad.Issues at QB, RB, WR and the D was bad...somehow they almost made the playoffs. The coaches worked with what they had and IMO did just fine. They need to get better and can be real good with the right key cogs added. They don't have a QB. No one in NY seems to like anyone on the roster. You're just not winning football without a QB a team can look to.

Jets lost a big money making opportunity.

If Tebow signs elsewhere and is a starter (at least to start the year) we will see huge jersey sales in Denver, relatively little in NY, huge with new team.

I like that Johnson didn't force their hand. He had to recognize this.

'GordonGekko said:
As long as they have that clown as a coach, they will be playing footsie while their opponents are playing football.
I think that is being overly simplistic. I've said this before in another thread. The internal discussions about the team are that the defacto GM of the franchise is Woody Johnson. It happens. It took decades of Ted Turner running the Braves into the ground before he actually left it alone to strictly baseball people. Dan Snyder got to play with his toys, putting multiple GMs and coaches on the line for his choices. In the NBA, it's quite prevalent for owners to make baffling choices for their draft picks then leave their front offices and scouts hanging in the wind. Drew Stanton was a Tannebaum decision. The odd PR fiasco blunder reversal and then trade for Tebow was all Woody Johnson and William Morris. The Tebow situation has nothing to do with Rex Ryan. The Tebow situation is a league political situation involving Tom Condon, Creative Artist Agency, William Morris, Woody Johnson and the league's marketing machine. Condon , who is more powerful than most of the actual owners in the NFL, the veritable "Scott Boras" of football, represents both Tebow and Peyton Manning. He felt he could push Tebow to Jacksonville, where the NFL marketing machine wants him and would maximize his brand in that region, and push Manning to the Broncos and reap a cut of the mega deal that Manning got. Except Tebow didn't want to play ball, Tebow hired William Morris for his marketing, and left CAA in control of his player contract issues. This was seen as a slap in the face to Condon, who told Tebow that CAA felt his abilities were best served in Jacksonville. The league wanted him there as well because it had a new owner. The giant revenues Tebow would bring to the Jags would give the perception that anyone who wants to buy an NFL franchise or get a group together to make a bid, that it's a veritable cash cow. Tebow would not only validate Khan's purchase, it would up the valuation of all future expansion and the current valuation of all current franchises. Condon told Tebow that if he went to NY, he would leave Denver without any CAA press support. Which is why the media is tearing him apart now. Saying he was lousy in practice or implying he's a malcontent over his role. This doesn't happen to CAA clients normally, as they reach into all spheres - TV, sports broadcasting, movies, acting, music, print media, the book industry. CAA has so many tangled relationships and so many vested financial interests into so many coffers that its bad business sense for just about any media outlet or publication to take a huge piss on a CAA client. Tebow not playing has nothing to do with Rex Ryan. It's a Woody Johnson decision because Johnson doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in a bitter contract war with every CAA client who ends up being a blue chip NFL prospect. "Hometown discounts" on long contracts aren't really discounts. The player gets more security upfront and also longevity with one franchise often ups many endorsement possibilities and branding opportunities. Tebow is rare in that he was 100 percent marketable while in college and before he even entered the draft. You can't win a war against Tom Condon because you can't win a war against CAA, not Woody Johnson. Good luck when every local sponsor is breathing down your neck. Why? Because their branched relationships that link to CAA in some fashion have them breathing down their own necks. Tom Condon wants Tebow in Jacksonville and he made sure Tebow failed in NY to do it. Woody Johnson is not a Rooney, not a Mara, not Bob Kraft, not Jerry Jones, not one of the more powerful owners or families that could wage a leveraged fight. If Tebow were playing, the Jets would be a fringe wildcard team. Not a guarantee but one of the teams on the edge, if only by virtue of Tebows enhanced ball security. Sanchez coughed it up ALOT this year. It's a solid job by that D knowing each game it will be overextended to compensate for Sanchez being a human pick machine. Turnover differential is huge in terms of field position and winning football games. Who is actually playing "footsie" is Tom Condon. All Tebow has to do is go in front of the press and say his agent and his agency, Tom Condon of CAA, is intentionally sabotaging his career and pressuring his owner to not have him start and Condon and his entire family would be dead in two weeks. You cannot calculate the risk factor that is associated with religious fanaticism. Most Tebow fans are football fans who know when to turn off the game. However there will always be a segment of fandom related to religion that lends itself to extremism. This isn't a turn for the political, this the true marketing and public power of a Tim Tebow. There are people out there who believe his presence in the NFL is about divine intervention and divine will. Condon is one heart to heart Tebow press conference to the public from being Hyman Roth showing up at an airport in Miami and getting shot 8 times in the head with a Glock. Of course starting Tebow would make football and logical sense at some point this season when Sanchez was throwing up dog after dog game. But this is not about football or winning. It's about internal NFL politics, the dark underbelly that the average fan doesn't see and the average really doesn't want to see. No one wants to hear about players who are rapists and teams paying off the victims. No one wants to hear about when players hazing rookies goes too far. No one wants to hear about which head coach is banging one of his coordinators wives. No one wants to hear about which players are hopped up on drugs. No one wants to hear which players are mentally ill but aren't taking their medication because it's perceived it would interfere with their game production. No one wants to hear about the body count that any billion dollar business leaves in it's wake. The segment of old guard front office personnel who use the casting couch for young promising front office types. No one wants to hear on some teams it's easier to suck your way out of the mailroom than to spend a decade washing jockstraps and fetching people from the airport. This was Woody Johnson's mess, opposing CAA, but everyone around him has to take the bullets for it. Just because the press says it doesn't mean it's true. Every publication has a vested interest financially or some other means or some related relationship that it wants to protect and promote. This happen at all levels, big or small. ( Or does anyone not notice that any major discussion of theft and crime regarding major fantasy outlets and big hitters is promptly moved out of the Shark Pool?) Do you think a guy like Adam Schefter gets his intel for free? No, sometimes he has to wade in the mud and be the proxy by which it gets slung for an owner, an agent or some entity that wants to hatchet someone in the press. When it comes to Tim Tebow and the Jets, sometimes you are reading what's accurate and sometimes you are reading what Tom Condon wants you to read. The Jets are not a lost cause, the sky is not falling. It just might not happen in 2013. Have a little perspective guys, some other fanbases have suffered for decades since sniffing deep in the playoffs like the Jets have in recent years. It's just not going to be Tebow and it's not going to be Sanchez that flip this franchise around.
That's good stuff you're smokin'. Do you have a regular supplier or was it just good luck you got some prime?

Why not just keep Tebow as Manning's backup? He was good enough to win a playoff game, wasn't he?
Because he wasn't good enough to win any more playoff games in the Broncos opinion. Basically he was a novelty, his team won some exciting games with good defense and him at QB. But the novelty had worn off, the league had figured him out, which is why he lost 4 of his last 5 games with the Broncos, 3 of them by big margins. Only 2 teams wanted the novelty QB -- the Jets and the Jaguars. Tebow chose the Jets, who saw how good he was (not very) and didn't play him at QB as a result. Now in the offseason he'll likely go to the Jaguars who are desperate to put fans in the seats and win more than 3-4 games a year. Do you think Tebow will win playoff games with the Jaguars? If he doesn't I'm sure his defenders will say it's due to being on a crappy team. Whereas when Tebow was on a good team that won a playoff game it was because of Tebow.

'DiStefano said:
'GordonGekko said:
'DiStefano said:
I think that is being overly simplistic. I've said this before in another thread. The internal discussions about the team are that the defacto GM of the franchise is Woody Johnson. It happens. It took decades of Ted Turner running the Braves into the ground before he actually left it alone to strictly baseball people. Dan Snyder got to play with his toys, putting multiple GMs and coaches on the line for his choices. In the NBA, it's quite prevalent for owners to make baffling choices for their draft picks then leave their front offices and scouts hanging in the wind. Drew Stanton was a Tannebaum decision. The odd PR fiasco blunder reversal and then trade for Tebow was all Woody Johnson and William Morris. The Tebow situation has nothing to do with Rex Ryan. The Tebow situation is a league political situation involving Tom Condon, Creative Artist Agency, William Morris, Woody Johnson and the league's marketing machine. Condon , who is more powerful than most of the actual owners in the NFL, the veritable "Scott Boras" of football, represents both Tebow and Peyton Manning. He felt he could push Tebow to Jacksonville, where the NFL marketing machine wants him and would maximize his brand in that region, and push Manning to the Broncos and reap a cut of the mega deal that Manning got. Except Tebow didn't want to play ball, Tebow hired William Morris for his marketing, and left CAA in control of his player contract issues. This was seen as a slap in the face to Condon, who told Tebow that CAA felt his abilities were best served in Jacksonville. The league wanted him there as well because it had a new owner. The giant revenues Tebow would bring to the Jags would give the perception that anyone who wants to buy an NFL franchise or get a group together to make a bid, that it's a veritable cash cow. Tebow would not only validate Khan's purchase, it would up the valuation of all future expansion and the current valuation of all current franchises. Condon told Tebow that if he went to NY, he would leave Denver without any CAA press support. Which is why the media is tearing him apart now. Saying he was lousy in practice or implying he's a malcontent over his role. This doesn't happen to CAA clients normally, as they reach into all spheres - TV, sports broadcasting, movies, acting, music, print media, the book industry. CAA has so many tangled relationships and so many vested financial interests into so many coffers that its bad business sense for just about any media outlet or publication to take a huge piss on a CAA client. Tebow not playing has nothing to do with Rex Ryan. It's a Woody Johnson decision because Johnson doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in a bitter contract war with every CAA client who ends up being a blue chip NFL prospect. "Hometown discounts" on long contracts aren't really discounts. The player gets more security upfront and also longevity with one franchise often ups many endorsement possibilities and branding opportunities. Tebow is rare in that he was 100 percent marketable while in college and before he even entered the draft. You can't win a war against Tom Condon because you can't win a war against CAA, not Woody Johnson. Good luck when every local sponsor is breathing down your neck. Why? Because their branched relationships that link to CAA in some fashion have them breathing down their own necks. Tom Condon wants Tebow in Jacksonville and he made sure Tebow failed in NY to do it. Woody Johnson is not a Rooney, not a Mara, not Bob Kraft, not Jerry Jones, not one of the more powerful owners or families that could wage a leveraged fight. If Tebow were playing, the Jets would be a fringe wildcard team. Not a guarantee but one of the teams on the edge, if only by virtue of Tebows enhanced ball security. Sanchez coughed it up ALOT this year. It's a solid job by that D knowing each game it will be overextended to compensate for Sanchez being a human pick machine. Turnover differential is huge in terms of field position and winning football games. Who is actually playing "footsie" is Tom Condon. All Tebow has to do is go in front of the press and say his agent and his agency, Tom Condon of CAA, is intentionally sabotaging his career and pressuring his owner to not have him start and Condon and his entire family would be dead in two weeks. You cannot calculate the risk factor that is associated with religious fanaticism. Most Tebow fans are football fans who know when to turn off the game. However there will always be a segment of fandom related to religion that lends itself to extremism. This isn't a turn for the political, this the true marketing and public power of a Tim Tebow. There are people out there who believe his presence in the NFL is about divine intervention and divine will. Condon is one heart to heart Tebow press conference to the public from being Hyman Roth showing up at an airport in Miami and getting shot 8 times in the head with a Glock. Of course starting Tebow would make football and logical sense at some point this season when Sanchez was throwing up dog after dog game. But this is not about football or winning. It's about internal NFL politics, the dark underbelly that the average fan doesn't see and the average really doesn't want to see. No one wants to hear about players who are rapists and teams paying off the victims. No one wants to hear about when players hazing rookies goes too far. No one wants to hear about which head coach is banging one of his coordinators wives. No one wants to hear about which players are hopped up on drugs. No one wants to hear which players are mentally ill but aren't taking their medication because it's perceived it would interfere with their game production. No one wants to hear about the body count that any billion dollar business leaves in it's wake. The segment of old guard front office personnel who use the casting couch for young promising front office types. No one wants to hear on some teams it's easier to suck your way out of the mailroom than to spend a decade washing jockstraps and fetching people from the airport. This was Woody Johnson's mess, opposing CAA, but everyone around him has to take the bullets for it. Just because the press says it doesn't mean it's true. Every publication has a vested interest financially or some other means or some related relationship that it wants to protect and promote. This happen at all levels, big or small. ( Or does anyone not notice that any major discussion of theft and crime regarding major fantasy outlets and big hitters is promptly moved out of the Shark Pool?) Do you think a guy like Adam Schefter gets his intel for free? No, sometimes he has to wade in the mud and be the proxy by which it gets slung for an owner, an agent or some entity that wants to hatchet someone in the press. When it comes to Tim Tebow and the Jets, sometimes you are reading what's accurate and sometimes you are reading what Tom Condon wants you to read. The Jets are not a lost cause, the sky is not falling. It just might not happen in 2013. Have a little perspective guys, some other fanbases have suffered for decades since sniffing deep in the playoffs like the Jets have in recent years. It's just not going to be Tebow and it's not going to be Sanchez that flip this franchise around.
That's good stuff you're smokin'. Do you have a regular supplier or was it just good luck you got some prime?
The chewing on of human adrenal glands was responsible for that post. Not weed.

'fatness said:
'Neil Beaufort Zod said:
'fatness said:
Why not just keep Tebow as Manning's backup? He was good enough to win a playoff game, wasn't he?
Because he wasn't good enough to win any more playoff games in the Broncos opinion. Basically he was a novelty, his team won some exciting games with good defense and him at QB. But the novelty had worn off, the league had figured him out, which is why he lost 4 of his last 5 games with the Broncos, 3 of them by big margins. Only 2 teams wanted the novelty QB -- the Jets and the Jaguars. Tebow chose the Jets, who saw how good he was (not very) and didn't play him at QB as a result. Now in the offseason he'll likely go to the Jaguars who are desperate to put fans in the seats and win more than 3-4 games a year. Do you think Tebow will win playoff games with the Jaguars? If he doesn't I'm sure his defenders will say it's due to being on a crappy team. Whereas when Tebow was on a good team that won a playoff game it was because of Tebow.
The Broncos were roadkill when Tebow took over at QB, and they won a playoff game. However bad you want to say he is, why wouldn't you put him in when your starter is playing worse or is injured? That's why you brought him in. All he could do is lose and silence the fans who want him in the game. He's a backup where fans are chanting his name each week. Not the typical "everybody loves the backup" stuff, either. We all know his popularity is different. So why not give him a shot, watch him lose and let it go?Here's why: He might not lose. He might win. They might miss the playoffs anyway, but if they beat the Titans and Chargers, fans would want him back next year. And that was a risk they weren't willing to take after watching Denver make the playoffs in 2011.I have no idea if he'll win any games with the Jaguars. Really, I don't care. But at least they should give him a chance to succeed or fail. I don't blame him for not wanting to play wildcat. As power plays go, that's pretty mild. The Jets can suck it up and finish out the schedule with someone else in there. McElroy seemed to good at it, anyway.

'fatness said:
'Neil Beaufort Zod said:
'fatness said:
The Broncos were roadkill when Tebow took over at QB, and they won a playoff game. However bad you want to say he is, why wouldn't you put him in when your starter is playing worse or is injured? That's why you brought him in. All he could do is lose and silence the fans who want him in the game. He's a backup where fans are chanting his name each week. Not the typical "everybody loves the backup" stuff, either. We all know his popularity is different. So why not give him a shot, watch him lose and let it go?Here's why: He might not lose. He might win. They might miss the playoffs anyway, but if they beat the Titans and Chargers, fans would want him back next year. And that was a risk they weren't willing to take after watching Denver make the playoffs in 2011.I have no idea if he'll win any games with the Jaguars. Really, I don't care. But at least they should give him a chance to succeed or fail. I don't blame him for not wanting to play wildcat. As power plays go, that's pretty mild. The Jets can suck it up and finish out the schedule with someone else in there. McElroy seemed to good at it, anyway.
Personally, I think you're wrong and the Jets not using Tebow wasn't because they were afraid that he'd win games against bad teams. I think it's because they just saw that he was terrible in practice.But, let's say you're right,, and the Jets could have won those games with Tebow not turning the ball over and grinding opposing defenses down. Every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. If the Jets (along with every other NFL team) think that Tebow isn't a QB who can lead a team to a Super Bowl victory, wouldn't it make sense NOT to use him in ideal situations that might make him look good and would lead to him being brought back as a starter next season? Wouldn't bringing him back as a starter essentially be punting a season? That's why Elway looked so miserable after so many of Denver's wins last year, because the last thing he wanted was another year of Tebow, and the only reason he could get rid of Tebow without being killed by the media was the fact that he brought in an all-time great to replace him. It's doubtful the Jets will have that option, so why would they want to leave open the chance of Tebow coming back next season?

Totally agree with the theory that playing Tebow against bad teams (which is mostly what the Jets played down the stretch) was a recipe for disaster. Said it from the day they brought him in. His run last year was due to flukey plays and the novelty of his play style. Hell, just look at when he beat the Jets. That game winning drive should have been stopped on the Denver goal line (tebow threw a horrible screen pass that should have resulted in a safety) but the Jets missed a tackle. On the game winning TD, the Jets over pursued and lost contain and the field just opened up.

You cant win long term building your team around a player who relies on broken plays to be successful. The Jets never should have traded for him in the first place.

The Jets are going to be bad next year with Sanchez and Holmes still on the books. They need too much and they've got too much $$ tied up in bad contracts. If I were them, I do the following....

Cuts: Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith (12 million, lol) Tebow if you can't trade him. That's a cap savings of over 32 million dollars. I also let Dustin Keller walk if someone offers him a decent contract. He's a slightly above average TE at best and he's always hurt. His biggest value was that he was Sanchez's security blanket. That obviously doesn't matter much anymore.

I'd do my best to keep Brandon Moore. Despite butt fumble-gate, the guy is just as solid as they come and one of the few true leaders they have left in the locker room. I'd let Slausen walk and give Ducasse one more year to sink or swim at LG. If he sucks, you spend a mid-round draft pick on any one of the dozen big ten or SEC guards that come out every year and get yourself a solid 8 year starter. It seemed like Austin Howard kind of plateaued (or even slightly regressed) in the 2nd half, but he's shown enough to get another shot after a full training camp playing with the 1's. I'd re-sign Devito as well.

Re-sign Landry. He played well this year, but not well enough that someone is going to blow the Jets away with a long-term offer. Bell was also decent, but I'd let him walk. I'd also consider moving Kyle Wilson to FS. He's got decent ball skills and is a capable slot defender, but he struggles on the outside. He doesn't turn and run that well and is always late looking for the ball. I think he'll be a better player if he's facing the play full time.

Spend your first 3 picks on a pass rusher, potential game breaking RB (I let Greene walk as well. I don't think you can win in the NFL with him as your starter. Well below average talent despite a decent season this year) and either a guard/RT prospect or a safety. Of course, if they find a QB that they like, that's a given.

Fire Sparano and Tannenbaum. I'm 50/50 on Rex. He should be in a "playoffs or your fired" situation next, but I don't see how that's fair given the state of the team. You don't want to bring the guy back as a lame duck, but its unfair to bring in a new coach and saddle him with Sanchez and Holmes in his first year. Fill some holes with value free agents and hold the big bucks for next year.

This team needs an impact pass rushing OLB in the worst way. The DL is finally coming along (Wilkerson and Coples are both keepers) but they need a stud at the 2nd level. Its just so tough to build a great defense without one.

I'd also sign Matt Moore. He's a decent game manager and he'll be a decent mentor to whatever young guy they bring in over the next 2 years. The WR core of a healthy Holmes, Edwards, hill and Kerley looks at least somewhat respectable on paper (assuming Hill learns to catch a little bit). With better play calling, a RB with a little burst and fewer turnovers, the offense might not be putrid next year.

Totally agree with the theory that playing Tebow against bad teams (which is mostly what the Jets played down the stretch) was a recipe for disaster. Said it from the day they brought him in. His run last year was due to flukey plays and the novelty of his play style. Hell, just look at when he beat the Jets. That game winning drive should have been stopped on the Denver goal line (tebow threw a horrible screen pass that should have resulted in a safety) but the Jets missed a tackle. On the game winning TD, the Jets over pursued and lost contain and the field just opened up.

You cant win long term building your team around a player who relies on broken plays to be successful. The Jets never should have traded for him in the first place.

The Jets are going to be bad next year with Sanchez and Holmes still on the books. They need too much and they've got too much $$ tied up in bad contracts. If I were them, I do the following....

I agree. Next year will be ugly.

Cuts: Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith (12 million, lol) Tebow if you can't trade him. That's a cap savings of over 32 million dollars. I also let Dustin Keller walk if someone offers him a decent contract. He's a slightly above average TE at best and he's always hurt. His biggest value was that he was Sanchez's security blanket. That obviously doesn't matter much anymore.

I agree with all of this. I'd also consider cutting Po'uha and saving another 4-5 million dollars. That's a risky proposition though because we really haven't seen enough out of Ellis. I would also make sure to resign Braylon. I like what he brings to the offense, and a top 3 of Holmes, Braylon and Kerley isn't awful.

I'd do my best to keep Brandon Moore. Despite butt fumble-gate, the guy is just as solid as they come and one of the few true leaders they have left in the locker room. I'd let Slausen walk and give Ducasse one more year to sink or swim at LG. If he sucks, you spend a mid-round draft pick on any one of the dozen big ten or SEC guards that come out every year and get yourself a solid 8 year starter. It seemed like Austin Howard kind of plateaued (or even slightly regressed) in the 2nd half, but he's shown enough to get another shot after a full training camp playing with the 1's. I'd re-sign Devito as well.

I think Howard has actually been pretty awful, and I'd be much happier spending a top-3 draft pick on a RT to replace him. I agree about keeping Moore. I also wouldn't mind keeping Slauson and putting Vlad at RT, but with all of the cap constraints the Jets will have, there's a very good chance that Vlad will be starting somewhere, which is why I think he needs to have a position to focus on heading in to the offseason.

Re-sign Landry. He played well this year, but not well enough that someone is going to blow the Jets away with a long-term offer. Bell was also decent, but I'd let him walk. I'd also consider moving Kyle Wilson to FS. He's got decent ball skills and is a capable slot defender, but he struggles on the outside. He doesn't turn and run that well and is always late looking for the ball. I think he'll be a better player if he's facing the play full time.

I agree about re-signing Landry. The fact that he never had surgery to repair his Achilles will probably dissuade people from giving him a long-term contract. Bell was fine. I wouldn't mind seeing him let go or brought back, although I would like to see if either of the 2 rookie safeties, Bush and Allen, have anything to offer. I also agree about Wilson. The Jets had this idea with Lowery, who turned in to a pretty good FS once he was traded to JAX, and I think that Wilson would also be a good FS. If Cro can play as well next season as he did this season, and Revis can come back and play at a high level (which I feel better about after seeing Charles and Peterson this season) then it won't really matter who the 3rd CB is. I also kind of like Isiah Trufant, provided his knee injury wasn't too bad.

Spend your first 3 picks on a pass rusher, potential game breaking RB (I let Greene walk as well. I don't think you can win in the NFL with him as your starter. Well below average talent despite a decent season this year) and either a guard/RT prospect or a safety. Of course, if they find a QB that they like, that's a given.

Agreed that this team needs a pass rusher, but Rex has never seemed to prioritize that because he seems to think that he can generate a pass rush with his scheme. As we've learned, that's not the case, at all. I'm not sure if there will be a stud pass rusher available when the Jets pick, but if they could get one, combined with Coples and Wilk, that would really help the D.

I would also love a speedy RB, but I'd also like to see the Jets make an effort to get McKnight the ball more often. I think he could potentially be that type of player, and not require using another high draft pick.

Fire Sparano and Tannenbaum. I'm 50/50 on Rex. He should be in a "playoffs or your fired" situation next, but I don't see how that's fair given the state of the team. You don't want to bring the guy back as a lame duck, but its unfair to bring in a new coach and saddle him with Sanchez and Holmes in his first year. Fill some holes with value free agents and hold the big bucks for next year.

Agree with all of this. Sparano will be gone Monday morning. I think Tannenbaum needs to go. No good GM would want to come here with Tannenbaum still employed by the team and writing contracts, and Woody needs to realize that.

This team needs an impact pass rushing OLB in the worst way. The DL is finally coming along (Wilkerson and Coples are both keepers) but they need a stud at the 2nd level. Its just so tough to build a great defense without one.

Couldn't agree more. Rex is, despite his flaws, a great defensive mind and his defenses are generally very well coached and they do their jobs well, but you simply can't succeed when you're relying on deception and scheme to generate all of your pass rush.

I'd also sign Matt Moore. He's a decent game manager and he'll be a decent mentor to whatever young guy they bring in over the next 2 years. The WR core of a healthy Holmes, Edwards, hill and Kerley looks at least somewhat respectable on paper (assuming Hill learns to catch a little bit). With better play calling, a RB with a little burst and fewer turnovers, the offense might not be putrid next year.

Moore, Flynn, Alex Smith, any of those guys would be great. Smart, functional arm-strength, and the ability not to kill the team with turnovers. Sign me up. I really hope the Jets don't spend their 1st on a QB this year, because none of the QBs in this class seem particularly good to me.

Can't play Vlad at RT. That's a disaster waiting to happen. He's got bad feet. His greatest value is inside, where his massive size and great strength allow him to just maul people. Playing him between Mangold and Ferguson is the best solution by far. That way he's only responsible for just blocking the guy in front of him.

Cutting Pouha only saves 3.8 mil for next year. IMO, that's not worth it. I'd give him a year to see if he can get his back healthy. The guy was hurt all season. If he's done, you cut him after next season and save 5.5 Mi. This also works better with the overall re-building strategy, as they'll already have a ton of money available cutting Sanchez and Holmes. That will be the year to spend big in free agency (although I have no idea who is going to be available)

Braylon will re-sign. He's just thrilled to be back in NY and nobody else is going to want him anyway. He'll come cheap.

Can't play Vlad at RT. That's a disaster waiting to happen. He's got bad feet. His greatest value is inside, where his massive size and great strength allow him to just maul people. Playing him between Mangold and Ferguson is the best solution by far. That way he's only responsible for just blocking the guy in front of him. Cutting Pouha only saves 3.8 mil for next year. IMO, that's not worth it. I'd give him a year to see if he can get his back healthy. The guy was hurt all season. If he's done, you cut him after next season and save 5.5 Mi. This also works better with the overall re-building strategy, as they'll already have a ton of money available cutting Sanchez and Holmes. That will be the year to spend big in free agency (although I have no idea who is going to be available)Braylon will re-sign. He's just thrilled to be back in NY and nobody else is going to want him anyway. He'll come cheap.
Agree that Vlad wouldn't be a great RT, but Howard is pretty bad. I wouldn't hate keeping Vlad at LG either, though. I'd like Pouha back, but the Jets are really going to be pressed to get under the cap next season, so they might deem him expendable, although I agree with you that the injuries have really hindered his play, and if he's healthy, then he's well worth his salary.

:goodposting: Seriously? ...'god boy'? Grow up.

Exactly! Kiddnets just doesnt like Tebow. His God comment is telling.Bottom line....Jets screwed Tebow and their fans out of a chance for wins. And lol at anyone mad at Tebow for not wanting to play in the wildcat. They are out of the playoffs and didnt let Tebow play as fulltime QB and just see what he can do. Good for Tebow basically telling the Jets to kiss his ###. Go back to Florida and take the Jags to the playoffs Tebow.
Actually have a Tebow jet jersey and was happy about the trade...God boy is what Homer called Flanders so hence the poor joke...sorry it offended....my point was that his rep is based on his faith and I was pissed he seemingly asked out of a game....since he denied it and Rex won't clearly answer the question then who knows....I can't kill him on it any more. I really wanted Tebow to play well here...didn't work outBack to jets...Landry likely will be gone...that hurts.....Everything I'm reading says gm reassigned and oc dc fired but rex stays.....how is that gonna work? What top GM or OC will come based on that structure?

While they look terrible, I don't think they are that far away from the playoffs. Getting Revis back is an instant upgrade to the DEF. If they could get any stability at QB (Smith, Flynn, etc) they will be competitive for a playoff shot. No chance of winning it all, but at least competitive.

So Sanchez is going to start again. I am not sure that Tebow is ever going to be a great NFL qb. But I am sure that Sanchez will never be one, and it is indicative of the cluster#### that the Jets are, that just like a dog, they will return to their own vomit.

Users who are viewing this thread