What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Firing it up for week 12!

I play @ DK, so this will be from a DK point of view.

First look at QBs - If I'm willing to pay the premium for a top QB, it's going to be Andrew Luck @ home vs Jags this week.

A few cheaper options that stick out on first glance are Sanchez (6800) vs Tennessee, Andy Dalton (6300) @ Houston and maybe even Orton (5600) vs NYJ or Mettenberger (5300) @ Philly.

Looking at RBs, the Forte, Murray and Foster all have nice matchups and associated big prices. Several of the middle-to low end RBs played well last week (Hill, Gray, Blue, Anderson, Ingram) and are getting pricey for their value/risk (IMO). With that said, I'll have a piece of Hill if Gio is not healthy again this week and possibly Anderson and Ingram. Anderson and Ingram should be fairly high floor, but Ingram in particular is getting awfully expensive for that floor. I don't trust Gray/Belichick to be consistent in usage. Blue may return to the bench this week.

I'm liking RBs such as Forsett (6500), D. Robinson (5600) and Mathews (4600) as a few more reasonably priced options with solid matchups. All 3 Cleveland RBs are under 4000 if you have the stones... 1 out of 3 chance! Tre Mason (4300) @ SD could be a good pick, if you believe the Rams can pull it together on the road... you'd have to think the majority of the touches will be his.

I like Dez Bryant (8100) at WR this week coming off the bye, and he lit up the Giants in Week 7 - recipe for a big game in round 2 @ NYG. Jordy Nelson (8300) @ Vikings looks like a solid matchup, but Nelson did not play up to expectations vs Minny in week 5 - still a stud, but perhaps could come into play when weighing some pros and cons. Some slightly cheaper alternatives to the top tier are A.J. Green (7300) @ Houston, T.Y. Hilton (7600) vs Jacksonville, Jeffery (7200) and Marshall (7100) vs Tampa. Julio Jones (7000) could get Hadened, so I'd rather have Roddy White (6200) @ Cleveland. Speaking of Cleveland - Will Josh Gordon (6200) be the most owned player in the history of owning anything in front of the home crowd vs the Falcons crappy "defense"? Watkins (5600), Matthews (5500), Wayne (5400) offer nice meetings of price and matchup. Chris Hogan (4600), Kenny Stills (4200), Charles Johnson (3500) are a few cheaper WRs who I like to outperform their salary.

As far as TEs go, as of this moment in time, there is Gronk and there are the rest. Rob Gronkowski (7900) is a man possessed. Pricey but almost assuredly worth it. Graham (7000) broke some hearts last week and may scare many away - but he had been on a tear since his injury week off. He's still Jimmy Graham. Fleener (5200) has been on fire, but I wouldn't trust him outside of tournament play. TE salaries drop of very quickly this week, but some cheapies that I like to have good weeks are Bennett (4000), Jacob Tamme (3400) if JT can't play, Amaro (3200) and Chandler (3000). IMO, if you want a near guarantee, you want Rob Gronkowski. With that said, overall, prices are depressed this week for TEs on DK.

That's my first glance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Firing it up for week 12!

First look at QBs - If I'm willing to pay the premium for a top QB, it's going to be Andrew Luck @ home vs Jags this week.

On DK, a few cheaper options that stick out on first glance are Sanchez (6800) vs Tennessee, Andy Dalton (6300) @ Houston and maybe even Orton (5600) vs NYJ or Mettenberger (5300) @ Philly.
i'm worried that indi gets up a lot and they run the ball a lot in the 2nd half. guess Luck could throw 3 TD's in first half though. Embarrassed to say it but Trent might be a decent play this week.

At QB i've been looking at Josh McCown for a cheap option, he should have a nice game and with Evans coming on that offense has some good receiving weapons.

first run at this line-up on FanDuel.

QB: Sanchez

RB: Anderson

RB: Jennings

WR: Maclin

WR: Evans

WR: Stills

TE: Fleener

K: Bryant

D: 49ers

first run at this line-up on FanDuel.

QB: Sanchez

RB: Anderson

RB: Jennings

WR: Maclin

WR: Evans

WR: Stills

TE: Fleener

K: Bryant

D: 49ers
i only just started daily's and play on draftkings but FanDuel has Kickers as a position? Yuck.

will still probably join there as well but hate having kickers as a slot.

I like both sites, and splitting my lineups between both sites (as I'll pick a little differently based on pricing) helps me diversify as well. There are more casual players on fanduel as well so you just need to embrace the kicker there and go with the flow, if having a kicker makes more sharks avoid the site I'm all for it!

I like both sites, and splitting my lineups between both sites (as I'll pick a little differently based on pricing) helps me diversify as well. There are more casual players on fanduel as well so you just need to embrace the kicker there and go with the flow, if having a kicker makes more sharks avoid the site I'm all for it!
The kicker isn't a huge deal breaker or anything, it's just a position that i could see FF do away with in the near future.

The kicker isn't a huge deal breaker or anything, it's just a position that i could see FF do away with in the near future.
I agree (and finally convinced one of my season-long leagues to do away with the position this year). My personal preference is for both the kicker and defense positions to be eliminated.

I wonder if IDP leagues will start eventually in these. More tournaments/variance for the sites, can't see why they wouldn't do it.

Past week was brutal for me. Worst of the year. I focused on high/potential high scoring offenses in domes. NE, Den, NO, Det, Indy. I nailed Coby Fleener but missed on pretty much everything else.

what do you guys think of Charles Sims against the Bears? McKinnon had some good runs last week but MIN's time of possession was brutal and they got behind early. If the Bears-Bucs games is a close one, which it should be, I think Sims could be a good play here. Or, he could just suck because it is the Bucs, lol.

My FD for this week. Taking advantage of the Crow with Taters release

• 6687.png

QB
    Mark Sanchez
    $7,500
    TEN@PHI
  • 54684.png

RB
    Isaiah Crowell
    $5,500
    CLE@ATL
  • 31261.png

RB
    Tre Mason
    $5,600
    STL@SD
  • 11435.png

WR
    Dez Bryant
    $8,900
    DAL@NYG
  • 6893.png

WR
    Jordy Nelson
    $9,000
    GB@MIN
  • 14187.png

WR
    A.J. Green
    $8,600
    CIN@HOU
  • 21971.png

TE
    Coby Fleener
    $5,400
    JAC@IND
  • 8770.png

K
    Billy Cundiff
    $4,500
    CLE@ATL
  • 12550.png

D
    Seattle Seahawks
    $5,000
    ARI@SEA

:dot:

Few good QB plays this week. I'll probably only be playing a combo of Kap, Luck and McCown.

Just breezing through today, but So many top RB's with juicy matchups. Charles may be too good to pass up.

WR's that I've been riding lately are starting to get up in price. I'm just not sure I can jump off the Mike Evans train just yet. Especially against the Bears.

TE. Gronk. If I'm drunk maybe throw Kelce in a few.

Like others I'm seeing several values at FD:

Crowell and Richardson at RB

Stills and Gordon at WR

Kaep and Ryan at QB

Also - I find the easiest thing to do with kickers is to pick the one with the highest ownership percentage (can get a sense of this from articles here The Fade and Playing the Percentages. You can also put a few lineups on Thursday with a few kickers and see which one is highest owned. usually its a cheap kicker playing in a dome (graham, byrant). Or, if you have left over money spring for a pricey kicker like Vinatieri or Gasktowsksi.

BigJohn said:
:dot:

Few good QB plays this week. I'll probably only be playing a combo of Kap, Luck and McCown.

Just breezing through today, but So many top RB's with juicy matchups. Charles may be too good to pass up.

WR's that I've been riding lately are starting to get up in price. I'm just not sure I can jump off the Mike Evans train just yet. Especially against the Bears.

TE. Gronk. If I'm drunk maybe throw Kelce in a few.
:goodposting: I might put in my 2nd ever Thursday - Monday lineup in this week just to get him in there. :popcorn:

Stills and Gordon at WR

Kaep and Ryan at QB

Also - I find the easiest thing to do with kickers is to pick the one with the highest ownership percentage (can get a sense of this from articles here The Fade and Playing the Percentages. You can also put a few lineups on Thursday with a few kickers and see which one is highest owned. usually its a cheap kicker playing in a dome (graham, byrant). Or, if you have left over money spring for a pricey kicker like Vinatieri or Gasktowsksi.
Oh, I'll definitely be throwing Richardson vs. the Jags into a few games at his $5700 price.. :thumbup:

Stills and Gordon at WR

Kaep and Ryan at QB

Oh, I'll definitely be throwing Richardson vs. the Jags into a few games at his $5700 price.. :thumbup:
Also, I was big on Vereen this past weekend, expecting a high scoring game with Brady passing often to keep up with Luck on the turf. Did not expect Gray to run for 200 and 4 TDs, but in retrospect, it makes sense against a soft defensive front and keeps the ball out of Luck's hands.

This week, the pendulum may swing back to Vereen. I don't think the Pats can smash gray against the Lions D-line in the same way, and in fact may find running totally ineffective. That favors Vereen on the short passing game.

I have a really big lineup decision to make this week. I won an entry to the Playboy Mansion and the final is this weekend. 150,000 dollars on the line here. I've really been studying and would like any feedback from the Shark Pool. I like Bortles, Kap, Sanchez, Manning, and Arod at qb. I like Forte, Sims, and TRich at rb. I like a stack of Broncos or Packer receivers not sure which stack yet (Jordy and Cobb, or DT and Emmanuel). At tight end I like Fleener and Gronk. Kicker has to be McManus. Defense I like Seattle, Buffalo, and San Fran. The games in the contest are only the 1:00 and 4:00 games, no Sunday or Monday night games. I figure a score of 150 will win this thing. Only 75 people in it. I am using a 2.5 multiplier as reaching value. So right in between a cash game and GPP.

I'll just say if you work a lineup with Sanders in it, make sure you are also planning a lineup without Sanders based on how the week goes. Risky play this week even if he's active...so that comes down to your approach/goal.

Rashad Jennings a good value on FD @6600. My initial FD cash game lineup:

Mark Sanchez 7500
DeMarco Murray 9000
Rashad Jennings 6600
Demaryius Thomas 9000
Brandon LaFell 6900
Kenny Stills 5900
Coby Fleener 5400
Brandon McManus 4500
Philadelphia Eagles 5100

FWIW... as a guy who grew up and lives in Detroit, I can assure you that the Pats -7 this week is a joke. They will win by twice that. If I had a lot of money (or knew how to bet any) I'd take NE and give 7 all day.

Belichick will take away Calvin. Tate and Bell will get theirs, but there is nobody else that's a threat to the Pats defense. Stafford will fold like a cheap suit. Then, Brady will pick apart the Lions defensive backfield like a thanksgiving turkey. Gronk will score 2. Lafell another. Possibly a defensive score.

NE 31, DET 13. Book it.

I like Josh Gordon at 7,800 on FD. High out of the gate, possibly but he could also blow up. Kenny Stills at $5900 is clutch also. Trent Richardson vs the Jags at 5700 is a steal, imo.

Also, I haven't really followed much attention or searched for a thread much, but what is everyone's preference with DraftKings vs FanDuel? Significant differences? High probability of winning? I've just grown to love FanDuel, don't know if there is much difference or preference amongst other players??

FWIW... as a guy who grew up and lives in Detroit, I can assure you that the Pats -7 this week is a joke. They will win by twice that. If I had a lot of money (or knew how to bet any) I'd take NE and give 7 all day.

Belichick will take away Calvin. Tate and Bell will get theirs, but there is nobody else that's a threat to the Pats defense. Stafford will fold like a cheap suit. Then, Brady will pick apart the Lions defensive backfield like a thanksgiving turkey. Gronk will score 2. Lafell another. Possibly a defensive score.

NE 31, DET 13. Book it.
Reverse jinx :oldunsure:

Guys Im liking on DK

QB: Kap and Ryan

RB: Crowell, TRich, Matthews, Mason Probably be saving money at RB this week

WR: Matthews, Gordon, Nelson,

TE: Gronk, Kelce on the cheap side

NE 31, DET 13. Book it.
Reverse jinx :oldunsure:
To top it all off I'm a patriots fan

$4900 for Chris Sims at Chicago is a joke. That is a total punt your #2 rb without it really being a punt.

I'll tell you 4900 for Sims, 5300 for Fleener and Josh McCown at QB really let you do some things everywhere else.

$4900 for Chris Sims at Chicago is a joke. That is a total punt your #2 rb without it really being a punt.

I'll tell you 4900 for Sims, 5300 for Fleener and Josh McCown at QB really let you do some things everywhere else.
That was the way im leaning too, but then again I don't know if I really want to rely on the Bucs that much.

Fleener at $5400 should be fine. Some may say you are chasing points, however he's had two solid games in a row and faces Jacksonville..

Also, I haven't really followed much attention or searched for a thread much, but what is everyone's preference with DraftKings vs FanDuel? Significant differences? High probability of winning? I've just grown to love FanDuel, don't know if there is much difference or preference amongst other players??
I personally really like FantasyUp and FantasyAces better than either of them. But between FD and DK, I like DK better.

Leaving the kicker debate to the side, I can't think of one thing I like about DK more than FD.
I prefer not having the kicker and prefer the option to switch out players until their games actually start.
Ok so that's the other widely debated difference. Let's say we are neutral on those two differences. What site is preferred? Presentation, player pricing, lineup spots, navigation, filtering, player data, etc...anything besides kickers and lineup changes after the contest starts would be the criteria. Almost all aspects favor FD, IMO.

I personally really like FantasyUp and FantasyAces better than either of them. But between FD and DK, I like DK better.
Love FantasyUp. Glad you turned us onto that site. No rake whatsoever until April. Most tournaments dont fill, but most are guaranteed. Plus I personally really enjoy having 2 QB spots and a flex. Adds a lot more options when doing your lineups. 2 each at QB/WR/RB, one flex, TE, K, D. I could live without the K, but its not a big deal.

Love FantasyUp. Glad you turned us onto that site. No rake whatsoever until April. Most tournaments dont fill, but most are guaranteed. Plus I personally really enjoy having 2 QB spots and a flex. Adds a lot more options when doing your lineups. 2 each at QB/WR/RB, one flex, TE, K, D. I could live without the K, but its not a big deal.
Just checked out FantasyUp too, and it looks pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the 2 QB's. How do you usually draft? Do you go for 1 stud QB, and one mid-range guy with a good matchup, or go big on 2 stud QB's and find value elsewhere, or go with 2 mid-range guys at QB and stack the rest of your team. Definitely makes for some interesting choices. Here's how my team looks:

Andrew Luck

Mark Sanchez

Demarco Murray

Rashad Jennings

TY Hilton

Sammy Watkins

Coby Fleener

Isaiah Crowell

Chandler Catanzaro

Colts D

Also, does that $0 to hero tourney usually fill up? That's an awesome free roll.

Just checked out FantasyUp too, and it looks pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the 2 QB's. How do you usually draft? Do you go for 1 stud QB, and one mid-range guy with a good matchup, or go big on 2 stud QB's and find value elsewhere, or go with 2 mid-range guys at QB and stack the rest of your team. Definitely makes for some interesting choices. Here's how my team looks:

Andrew Luck

Mark Sanchez

Demarco Murray

Rashad Jennings

TY Hilton

Sammy Watkins

Coby Fleener

Isaiah Crowell

Chandler Catanzaro

Colts D

Also, does that $0 to hero tourney usually fill up? That's an awesome free roll.
The freeroll has never filled up to my knowledge.

I am not the best person to be giving lineup advice. I enjoy it...but I am not profitable at it. I tried going cheap at RB last week, and going all stud on QBs. Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Luck all stunk. My cheap RBs did great (Blue and Hill), but the QBs killed me.

My strategy changes by the week. Depends where the values are. There usually are some good ones on that site.

DK is running a no rake 300 person $5 tournament for MFL customers. There should be a link at the top of your league home page. Nothing spectacular, but a slight benefit of no rake. 1-3 payout. Just a heads up because I'm sure the 300 will fill quick.

Users who are viewing this thread