What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ever put all your eggs in 1 basket? (1 Viewer)

Bayhawks

Footballguy
Anyone ever go all in on a particular team? Start multiple players from that team?

I'm in a situation, due to byes/injuries where I might do that this week. Not sure if I should diversify my starting lineup, hoping to get a few points from many different games, or hope for an offensive explosion from 1 team & reap as much of those points as I can.

With the playoffs on the line (need to win this week or next, next week's matchup should be more difficult), is this too risky?

I've been starting Brees/Ingram/Graham for weeks now...scares the hell out of me. I want to play Crowell or Morris, but I just can't.

Back in like 07 or 08 a guy won my league with Romo, Barber, TO, Witten in his starting line up almost every week.

I have done it a few times with Dallas. It's never intentional, and I'm far from a Dallas fan, but I tend to gravitate toward their players.

A couple years ago I had Romo, Dez, Murray, and Witten. I made it to the championship game, but Romo laid an egg and I lost. If I remeber correctly, Dez, Murray, and Witten all did fine.

This year I somehow ended up with Tannehill (after RG3's injury), Miller, Wallace, and the Dolphins D at a point. None were drafted to be starters, but it just ended up that way. Later in the year, the D is the only one I start regularly because of better option (Miller is usually behind Lacy/Lynch, while Wallace is behind Dez/Alshon/Watkins/Gordon). In the weeks where I started all four, I was about 50/50 with wins and losses, but all of them performed adequately most weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only on Easter.

IIRC there was a study that indicated this to be slightly less risky. though maybe that was just QB or WR vs. RB.

FWIW, I've been starting five or six Chiefs including IDP out of 21 players most of the season, along with four or five Broncos.

I have done it a few times with Dallas. It's never intentional, and I'm far from a Dallas fan, but I tend to gravitate toward their players.

A couple years ago I had Romo, Dez, Murray, and Witten. I made it to the championship game, but Romo laid an egg and I lost. If I remeber correctly, Dez, Murray, and Witten all did fine.

This year I somehow ended up with Tannehill (after RG3's injury), Miller, Wallace, and the Dolphins D at a point. None were drafted to be starters, but it just ended up that way. Later in the year, the D is the only one I start regularly because of better option (Miller is usually behind Lacy/Lynch, while Wallace is behind Dez/Alshon/Watkins/Gordon). In the weeks where I started all four, I was about 50/50 with wins and losses, but all of them performed adequately most weeks.
This is somewhat what I'm talking about.

Guys who maybe aren't "studs" or top guys at their positions, but might be, for 1 week (b/c of a good matchup) or an extended period, your best options.

B/c of Bell's bye and Foster (possibly) missing another week, along with some sucky WRs, I'm leaning towards playing Gray, Vereen, AND Blount at RB/flex, with Gronk at TE.

This would give me a pretty good shot of getting points whenever NE scores and offensive TD (sure, LaFell, Wright, etc could score, but chances are NE's O will run through my guys).

My main problem is that Detroit isn't the best matchup, at least not for Gray and Blount. My other options though, aren't very good.

Been starting Wilson, Lynch, Baldwin, Harvin, Sea K, and Sea D pretty much every week to a very successful year. Of course the "odd men" Hilton, Cobb, and Gronk have helped.

Last year it was Romo, Murray, Dez, Witten, Dallas D, Dallas kicker which worked well until the playoffs.

I like finding a good offense and accumulating as many players as possible. Add the K and D to smooth out some rough patches.

I drafted Decker, Geno, Kerley, and Jets D this year, which didn't work out so well

I only consistently started decker though, so I guess this doesn't really count

Users who are viewing this thread