What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Hughes (1 Viewer)

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai
Thought this guy had great potential coming into the draft last year, and with Freeney and Mathis both being older players, does he have any value to stash on the Taxi Squad?

Thought this guy had great potential coming into the draft last year, and with Freeney and Mathis both being older players, does he have any value to stash on the Taxi Squad?
Probably not. The Indianapolis line rotation would rank with New Orleans and Jacksonville and Cleveland as the easiest 4-3 rotations to break into over the past season and a half and Hughes hasn't done it. He's had more than enough time to develop, too. Depends on how deep the league/taxi squad goes, but there's probably a higher upside prospect available.

Moving to DE for the Bills. Anyone else see DL1 potential? He has been very productive on a per snap basis. The Bills are loaded with talent on the D line.

Moving to DE for the Bills. Anyone else see DL1 potential? He has been very productive on a per snap basis. The Bills are loaded with talent on the D line.
I've always liked Hughes dating back to his college days. He was such a dominating edge rusher in college that I felt he was miscast with the Colts as a OLB and that is the role he played with the Bills but now he is not only going to be back to putting his hand down in the dirt he has Swartz as his DC and he likes to line-up his DEs in the wide-nine.

I know the Bills D-Line is deep but I think Jerry Hughes is flying well under the radar and he 'could' be a great fit and be a high sack guy. He had double digit sacks last year (10) under Pettine and I think he will equal that this year but the key difference to the IDP community is that he will be listed as a DE rather than an OLB and if he equals or exceeds last year's sack totals at DE that is solid IDP production.

Hopefully people can add updates on how he's looking in camp and adjusting back to DE.

Everything I am reading says he is doing well in practice and will start opposite Williams.

I see strong DL2 value, with DL1 upside in sack-heavy leagues. In 600ish snaps last year he had 10 sacks and 46 tackles. If he approaches 900 snaps this year then he could be a big hit.

i picked him up off more ore less on the cheap this offseason. i think he's a great buy-low candidate and prove to be a bargain given his ADP.

Haven't the Bills said they are moving Manny Lawson to DE this season? Wouldn't he be competing for snaps with Hughes opposite Mario Williams?

Everything I am reading says he is doing well in practice and will start opposite Williams.

I see strong DL2 value, with DL1 upside in sack-heavy leagues. In 600ish snaps last year he had 10 sacks and 46 tackles. If he approaches 900 snaps this year then he could be a big hit.
Yeah I see DL2 although DL1 would be nice. He quietly had quite a few sacks last year.

Users who are viewing this thread