What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Erin Henderson...whaaaaaa (1 Viewer)

nastynate

Footballguy
Illness and already ruled out of a Sunday game?

Seriously, does the guy have bubonic plague, or MRSA? Small pox?

Was shocked to see he was already ruled out. Anyone know anything I don't?

Rotowire changed it from "Ruled out" to "may not play" in their summary. Need him in my IDP lineup Sunday, so fingers crossed. Hope we know more today.

I have found zero info from the Vikings website, message board or any other site about Henderson missing any time.

He was ruled out on ESPN...

Henderson (illness) has been ruled out for Sunday's game in Seattle.
Spin:
It's interesting that Henderson has already been nixed from action in Week 11, but perhaps his illness is particularly severe. In any case, the league's sixth-leading tackler won't be available to IDP owners this week, and his likely replacement, rookie Michael Mauti, isn't too intriguing due to just six solo tackles in seven career appearances.

Luckily, he was ruled out last night so I slid him to my IR slot and snagged both Worrilow and Donald Butler on waivers -- caught my league sleeping a little.

But the Vikings are much healthier. Only three players on the 53-man roster sat out Wednesday's practice. One was linebacker Erin Henderson, who was ill.Frazier was not available after practice to comment on Henderson's status.

ESPN's report is 17 hours old, derived from Rotowire.com which seems to be the only souce saying he is out Sunday. Staying on top of this via Twitter and haven't seen any other source say that.

Mauti time!!! Shall I start the Mauti train thread?

He's been on the field for maybe 10 snaps this season in defensive series and is always around the ball. Watch out! The Mauti train is boarding on platform 2.

[SIZE=10pt]Minnesota Vikings MLB Erin Henderson (illness) didn't practice Wednesday, but is expected to start.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] This is from a pay site so I can't link it, they originally had him as out then changed it so take it for what its worth. I personally thought it was pretty unlikely a player whould be ruled out that early in the week with illness, at least i've never seen it before.[/SIZE]

wtf, I just checked rotoworld and google and theres nothing. If the guy is so sick that hes already ruled out (or pushed out) then it must be really bad.

Currently listed as Probable on ESPN website with the following blurb

Henderson (illness) missed practice Wednesday, ESPN.com reports.
Spin:
We'll revisit Henderson's status later Thursday, but while the Vikings' official site marked the linebacker as out, it looks like he was officially simply a non-participant at practice Wednesday. We'll provide further clarification on Henderson's status once Thursday's practice report is released.

Looks like it could have been a typo on the Vikes website that started all the fuss. He practice today, but I'd guess he'll be well enough to play when Sunday rolls around.

Looks like he's going -- hmm, no I have to go him in Seattle or Butler in Miami.

Henderson (illness) was a full practice participant Thursday.
Spin:
The Vikings erroneously listed Henderson as out on their initial injury report of the week, but the illness that kept him on the sideline in Wednesday's drills was a minor one, as his reps weren't curbed in any sense Thursday. The league's sixth-leading tackler will be available to IDP owners Sunday in Seattle.

Starting to make sense - say he missed due to attending to personal issues - which are now going on two weeks - and are probably covered by personal privacy. Might be time to pull the plug on him.

:confused: They want to bench him, so they have him miss practice for personal reasons? Not sure I understand.

Something is amiss here. If they were going to bench him, they'd do it. This isn't pop warner, it's the nfl.

Also, he's out -- they wouldn't deactivate him on game day even if he was benched.

Odd situation. Glad I grabbed Worrilow, but I'm still short a LB iwth Wagner on a bye...

Vikings MLB was reportedly arrested on suspicion of DWI on Nov. 19.

Henderson was inactive in Week 12 for "personal" reasons. According to the Pioneer Press, he's suing the state to retain his driver's license because he says there was no probable cause for the traffic stop. Henderson blew a 0.11 BAC. His status for Sunday's game against the Bears is unclear. Henderson is currently second on the team in tackles with 93 and he's also picked up three sacks.

and there you have it. I knew something was up, but look at the timeline and something still doesn't add up. He was ruled out on Nov 14 early in the week, then DWI not until Nov 19. Then he missed another game for personal reasons. He either has some addiction issue he is dealing with or a pretty significant life event that we are not privy to (nor should we be). Whatever it is, I hope he gets it straightened out - who cares about the magic football implications.

Coach Leslie Frazier said MLB Erin Henderson will likely not start Sunday's game against the Bears.

It's punishment for Henderson's Nov. 19 arrest on DWI charges. The Vikings are trying to take a hard-line approach with off-field incidents as they've had a rash of them (A.J. Jefferson, Jerome Simpson) of late. Henderson may still play, but it's a dicey situation for IDP owners.

So is this Cole kid a safe start today or is Henderson going to take a knee on the first series and then be out there? I gots them both.

I think there's a chance that Cole sticks as MLB and Henderson slides over to WLB. I'd take a chance with Cole as a LB3 this week.

Is this a permanent move? I've seen some IDP site list Audie Cole as the starting MLB and others still have Henderson. Any word out of Minnesota? I'm trying to decide whether or not to drop Henderson for Cole to use as my LB 3 through the playoffs.

Cole played pretty well last week, so I don't see Henderson retaking that spot unless Cole gets injured. Seemed to me like they were waiting for someone to take the spot from Henderson, who has been active, but not all that effective.

With the Vikes at 3-8-1, I think they continue to audition Cole to see what they have going into next year.

Wow, is that seat getting a little hot Leslie

Coach Leslie Frazier admitted Wednesday he never wanted Erin Henderson to be the Vikings' starting middle linebacker.
Henderson only got the job because the Vikings missed out on an early-round Mike 'backer in the draft, and Desmond Bishop flopped. "He was moved to the Mike linebacker position, not necessarily because that’s what we wanted to do," Frazier said of Henderson. "That was the plight that we were in." Henderson has now been "demoted" to the weak side, with Audie Cole taking over in the middle.

I have never seen a coach come out and say this during a season

Coach Leslie Frazier admitted Wednesday he never wanted Erin Henderson to be the Vikings' starting middle linebacker.
Henderson only got the job because the Vikings missed out on an early-round Mike 'backer in the draft, and Desmond Bishop flopped. "He was moved to the Mike linebacker position, not necessarily because that’s what we wanted to do," Frazier said of Henderson. "That was the plight that we were in." Henderson has now been "demoted" to the weak side, with Audie Cole taking over in the middle.

yeah, that's pretty bush league.

can you imagine belichick saying anything remotely like this?

Kool-Aid Larry said:
KellysHeroes said:

I'm not seeing the problem. He wanted Henderson as his WILL, but it didn't work out that way draft day and none of the potential MIKE's they brought in worked, so Henderson played MIKE. This is why it wasn't really announced until just before week 1, they were looking for someone else but no one emerged. Cole stepped in and played very well in Henderson's absence, so slide Henderson over to his more natural position and give Cole an audition for the MIKE role next year.

Kool-Aid Larry said:
KellysHeroes said:

I'm not seeing the problem. He wanted Henderson as his WILL, but it didn't work out that way draft day and none of the potential MIKE's they brought in worked, so Henderson played MIKE. This is why it wasn't really announced until just before week 1, they were looking for someone else but no one emerged. Cole stepped in and played very well in Henderson's absence, so slide Henderson over to his more natural position and give Cole an audition for the MIKE role next year.
then why did Henderson play zero snaps last week?

Kool-Aid Larry said:
KellysHeroes said:

then why did Henderson play zero snaps last week?
Didn't he say it was disciplinary?

EH wasnt arrested 3 times. 3 separate Vikings were arrested including AJ Jefferson and Jerome Simpso.

Users who are viewing this thread