What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washingtons Starting Interior LB in 2014? (1 Viewer)

tfreiboth

Footballguy
If Riley leaves and Fletcher retires, who gets all the inflated stats at the Interior LB position in Washington?

I see the Redskins signing Brandon Spikes. Keenan Robinson is a better coverage guy than a run stuffer and Spikes fits in as the opposite.

Assuming Keenan stays healthy, I expect him to get a starting spot alongside a rookie or a FA (Spikes).

Keenan Robinson should get along look.
I kept him stashed with the same thought but dropped him after the last injury. Can't rely on a guy that's never stayed on the field. Draft a/of free agency is the answer. Robinson better hope it's a one year free agent.

Keenan Robinson should get along look.
I kept him stashed with the same thought but dropped him after the last injury. Can't rely on a guy that's never stayed on the field. Draft a/of free agency is the answer. Robinson better hope it's a one year free agent.
Exactly. He's got 8 career tackles in 2 years of play? Those injurie shave kept him off the feel to be seen as "back up". He can't be groomed for the position if he's never in a real game. Same kind of thing for Spence in Pittsburgh, IMO.

Recently released D'quell Jackson might be a good fit in Washington. Still plenty left in the gas tank and Snyder loves to overspend.

Dianna Marie Russini of NBC Washington reports free agent ILB Perry Riley will re-sign with the Redskins.
There are no details available, but Riley has been a priority for the Skins to re-sign since the end of last year. Riley was originally targeting "Dannell Ellerbe money" or nearly $7 million annually. Unless Dan Snyder is ponying up one of his classic overpays, Riley ought to come in closer to $5 million a year.

I told ya they bring him back

Redskins re-signed ILB Perry Riley to three-year, $13 million contract.

Riley is an undersized (6'1/239) 3-4 inside 'backer who struggles against both the run and pass, so it's tough to love this re-signing even at a reasonable price. But he is young (26 in May) and the Redskins' defensive staff considered keeping Riley a priority, especially after London Fletcher's retirement. Washington now needs to pursue an inside thumper capable of blowing up lead blocks to allow athletic Riley to run free. Brandon Spikes would be an intriguing addition.

Any recent developments there?
They signed Perry Riley to a 3 year deal and Darryl Sharpton + Akeem Jordan to a 1 year deal. Neither of the latetr two are long term answers, but they are adequate enough to serve as a bridge. I expect a mid round pick next month and they will compete with Keenan Robinson. Will they unseat Sharpton and Jordan? :shrug: Neither are anything special, but if the young guys don't have a strong offseason they can do the job.

Any recent developments there?
Fletcher hasn't offically retired either, he said theres a 1% chance of returning. Wash is the most improved team in the NFC East and I would project them in the playoffs right now, I could see Fletcher returning mid pre-season for one last run.

Users who are viewing this thread